Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2019 POAS

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@paranundrum: I’m also CD1 this morning. Can’t say I have as impressive a temp drop though πŸ‘€πŸ“‰

2. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@yellowbeach: Ha, I won!

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: @yellowbeach: well that sucks

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

TD adjusted my temps down enough that it took away O, even though I should be 5 dpo

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Just catching up NOW.

@Yellowbeach and @Paranundrum , perhaps you two will be cycle buddies? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

@Sams Mom: Wow, that stinks! Perhaps, tomorrow the temp will readjust (again) back up? If you think the temp should not effect your OV, you could always manually place your OV date back to the CD 14 date OR mark it as a discarded temp. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Due to 4 hours of seriously restless sleep last night (and an inconsistency with oral temps), I discarded my temps this morning.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 14 update:

β„πŸΎπŸŽ‰ JANUARY 2019 POAS πŸŽ‰πŸΎβ„

12/31: YouBoots - (September 2019 Mama)
    1/2: Blythe
    1/3: Sam's Mom
    1/12: Chereshae
    1/15: Yellowbeach
    1/21: Honey786
    1/24: Paranundrum
    1/25: Sam's Mom
    1/28: Kaohinani
    1/29: SweetCaroline
    1/30: Annem1990
    TBD: mrskansas
    Drop-in BFP: Jessiemuller88 -
    Drop-in BFP: MsHangry - (Sept/Oct 2019 Mama)

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈAmazingly Supportive Cheerleaders
    β€’ JessieMuller88
    β€’ Lazb
    β€’ Mamabear87

For those ladies interested and ready to roll over to the February POAS board:
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/february-2019-poas#post-2867695

7. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: @yellowbeach: Well we are right now!

And an AF update, one day in being a first time cup user - I think I'll stick to it. I'm pretty happy with it even though I'm still a beginner and things take time.

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: That is awesome that you like using a feminine cup! I'm actually a bit jealous. Mine didn't work for me. I need to find a petite one with a super long stem. I haven't had natural child birth (* csections only after laboring) and I am a small person (* read as: wears children's clothes) but I have a really high cervix so mine kept getting lost up there. πŸ˜³πŸ˜±πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I gave up on it. Besides, I only have a 2-3 day AF so I wasn't going to invest in 5 or 6 just to "try" to find a good one. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

9. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I have this one https://www.organicup.com/product/organicup/ .

There were too many options and companies to choose from, but they had only two sizes, one for women who have given birth vaginally and one for those who haven't.
    I'm not I huge either, taller than you though, 165cm, the size is okay for me. I had to trim the stem though. It was fine with the long stem, but it's more comfortable with it shorter.

I'm glad mine has worked so far. I don't have long AFs either, but the first few days are a bloodbath. I have saved about six tampons just by using my cup for one day.

10. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

Hi ladies - help a newbie OPK user out? I'll be testing in Feb at this point but don't see an existing thread.

I'm CD 12 and have been testing for a few days. Faint lines then this just now. I'm not sure how nitpicky i need to be for the "as dark as or darker than" bit. Do you think it's positive? I'll test again tonight but just being neurotic as per usual...

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Clementine12: I would say that is positive, it could be slightly darker this evening, but it's go time now! 😁

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Clementine12: Hi, Clementine12, and welcome back! That looks pretty darn positive. Try testing again tonight (between 7 PM and 10 PM) and again tomorrow around 10 AM. (In the meantime, BD like crazy!) You should OV in 12-36 hours from your darkest OPK. πŸ˜‰πŸ€ž

Oh, and as for a February 2019 POAS board, we have one, Sam's Mom and I started it a few days ago:
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/february-2019-poas#post-2867695
    Best of luck !

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I will check it out! πŸ‘

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just got back from the RE. Hysteroscopy is scheduled for tomorrow (apparently CD2 is ideal)... now I just have to find a ride to and from because I'll be getting some light anesthesia. They are mainly looking for any adhesions from the D&C from my TFMR back in May.

So we will skip this cycle with any IVF transfers and in March do a full IVF cycle (stims to grow follicles, etc) and do a whole new retrieval. He's expecting only 1/3 of any embryos we get to be chromosomally normal due to my age. Ho hum. We'll be able to transfer one or both of our remaining frozen embryos during that March cycle... probably won't work, but the hormone protocol is a bit different, so who knows... Glad to have a plan.

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: I am glad you have a plan as well. I know it is easy to look at things realistically when you start looking into to science and at the numbers (or even with a melancholic tone after numerous let downs), but "try" to remain a tiny bit hopeful. Numerous studies have shown that one's body can tell when it is in constant stress or upset and it is theorized that body will not allow for pregnancy due to too much cortisol and epinephrine in the system. This is why [ANNOYINGLY] people say, "Relax and it will happen" or "Take your mind off of TTC and it will happen," or the worst, "Get a hobby and make yourself happy, and it will happen." My point (outside of being as annoying as Hell), is that even if the odds may be medically slim - transferring 2 with an open mind and some hope, may lend to one healthy baby. Who know? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I'll stop being a P-I-T-A now πŸ˜‰, and just say that I hope the procedure goes well tomorrow AND your plan for the future sounds great! πŸ‘

16. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: interesting, they told me to have the hysteroscopy after I was done bleeding, and I definitely didn’t have any sedation at all. FWIW, I didn’t find it terribly uncomfortable even without meds. I was thinking of you because I have my d&c tomorrow and I hope that I don’t have to go through the hell you did with betas. I don’t know if we will try again, depends on what the testing says I guess, but being in limbo so long sucks

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB:

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: plans are good, I like having a set list in stressful times. Also I'm glad you were able to schedule your hysteroscopy before your trip to Greece.

@LAZB: I'm so sorry, I hate that you're going through all of this. Hopefully everything goes as smoothly as possible for you. Let us know if there is anything we can do from afar for you.

@Kaohinani: I totally googled "menstrual cup with the longest stem" earlier. There are some with "ladders" 2 1/2"+ 😱 but they looked bigger than others which might not work for you. (Sooooo that just made me think of when I was stressing about my c section to my doctor's nurse, and she told me "on the plus side, your honey pot will still be pristine" πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚πŸ€£)

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Wow, 2-1/2"?!?!?!? No judgment there but just, WOW! I need some length not THAT much. πŸ˜‚ Thank you for you looking though. P.S. I laughed SO unbelievably hard at the "honey pot" comment... I shared it with DH. His response: "She wasn't lying!" πŸ˜³πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: bahaha, my husband thought it was hilarious but true πŸ˜‚

Put a cup in it has all cups listed with stem length listed

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I may check it out. I am leery of trying to "measure" my stem needs. (Does that make sense? Although I know I can cut it down if too long.) I'm afraid of being in the OBGYN'S chair again with G playing with my hair (or eating the Cheerios he spilled in them again 😳) as I have it removed. Soooooooo embarrassing for a late 30's mama of 2! 😳😱 (They assured me they have seen worse though. -- Yeah, right. πŸ™„πŸ€£) Anyway, I am soooooooo very UNBELIEVABLY hopeful next cycle will be successful so a cup won't be needed anyway. 🀞
    P.S. I really need to look into those skydiving lessons or to get another tiny tat. #ourjoke #irony #anotherwillbecancelled

22. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

I have found the answer! Behold!

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Now, THAT is one foolproof test! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

13 dpo - I slept MUCH better last night. 😴 For the purpose of posting, I reinstated my discarded temp from yesterday. As you can see, my BBT is back up (or never actually fell πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ ... stupid poor night's sleep! 🀣) Unfortunately, it is up JUST in time to soon start falling as I should be due for AF in 3 days or so.
    Is it bad that I really want to hurry up and begin AF so we can move on to this next level?!?!

@Yellowbeach: and @Lazb: I will be thinking of you ladies and your procedures today! Good luck .

25. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: You could always hurry AF up by POAS. Works like a charm for me! This month only thinking about it did the trick.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I'm kind of liking that "toothpaste pregnancy test." πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
    No stress (either way).

27. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: So true.

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: How was your BBT this morning? Did FF give you back your OV date? Did you decide to override the decision and discard the temp? (So many questions! πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‚)

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: it did indeed give me back my cross hairs. I'm looking at another slow rise and one hell of a fall back rise?

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Wow! That is one pretty dip! Fallback rise is usually 2-4 dpo. Any hormonal shift can cause a dip though. The earliest IDs can occur at 5 dpo soooo who knows? 🀞 If you end up with a BFP this cycle, I will be so flipping happy!

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: hopefully it's a punctual baby (it did not get that from it's father πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚)

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: πŸ€”πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: hope everything goes smoothly for you today!

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: if you have time today 😬 do you mind finding scholarly info on effects of thyroid irradiation on fertility in general. I keep finding anecdotal info, and I want as much info as possible going into my ultrasound on the 5th

ETA I think I want to go with a removal of it's necessary, but I know some insurance pushes irradiation πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I will do my best. I have been fairly busy today between clients and I have two appointments later on. If not today, possibly tomorrow ... but I will do my best. (* I have the alerts for subscribe set for this board, my Follistim board, and Feb so I know when ppl write and I try to pop on ASAP. πŸ˜‚)

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: it doesn't have to be this week even, I'm just having a hard time finding non anecdotal accounts

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I am at an appt @ the moment. As I am waiting, I am doing a bit of research for you. These may not ALL be exact or specific to your inquiry, but they are closely aligned and may afford "some" answers: Happy Reading!

(1) Prognosis for fertility and ovarian function after treatment with radioiodine for thyroid cancer -
    https://pmj.bmj.com/content/78/916/92?utm_source=trendmd&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pmj&trendmd-shared=1&utm_term=TrendMDPhase4&utm_content=Journalcontent

(2) The long-term hazards of the treatment of thyroid cancer with radioiodine -
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=studies+on+thyroid+irradiation+on+fertility&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DfZfh9fMFOBoJ

(3) The role of thyroid autoimmunity in fertility and pregnancy -
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=studies+on+thyroid+irradiation+on+fertility&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DuFdmlYMtY_cJ

(4) Thyroid dysfunction and thyroid autoimmunity in euthyroid women in achieving fertility -
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=studies+on+thyroid+irradiation+on+fertility&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DxMtA6Xc6l0MJ

(5) Therapy for Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Leads to an Earlier Onset of Menopause: Results of a Retrospective Study -
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=studies+on+thyroid+irradiation+on+fertility&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3D7PXbnr5x_JEJ

(6) Exposing the Thyroid to Radiation: A Review of Its Current Extent, Risks, and Implications -
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3365850/

(7) Radioactive Iodine Treatment in Women Affects Ovarian Reserve and May Affect Fertility -
    https://www.endocrine.org/news-room/press-release-archives/2016/radioactive-iodine-treatment-in-women-affects-ovarian-reserve-and-may-affect-fertility

(8) Radioactive Iodine Exposure and Pregnancy - American Thyroid Association
    American Thyroid Association β€Ί vol-4-is... -
    https://www.thyroid.org/patient-thyroid-information/ct-for-patients/vol-4-issue-9/vol-4-issue-9-p-9/

38. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just an update on the hysteroscopy today - thanks for all the positive thoughts.

The procedure went fine, drugs were good. He ended up finding some adhesions that he cleared. There were some blocking both tubes ironically. Top left image you can see then easily at 2-4 o-clock and then the after is just below that. He said he can't be 100% sure that what was causing the failures, but it sure wasn't helping. I was too drugged up for us to talk about if we still need to do a retrieval or not, but feeling very glad that we did this today.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: FANTASTIC news! I am glad glad everything went so well. I am extremely hopeful that this leads to your next sticky BFP!
    #TeamYellowbeachBFP

40. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@yellowbeach: that’s great news! I’m glad it went well!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee