Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 POAS

1. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrskansas: I think that's part of my problem. I only used 4-5 out of 20 last month so I keep thinking I have more than enough. I'm going to hold out until Sunday when I'll be CD 10 to start again.

2. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mrskansas: Haha, I found one in my work bag the other day!

3. mrslibrarian

coffee bean / 39 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: your OPK today looked great! Good luck to you this cycle. I hope this is it for you!

I meant to post this the other day when I did my intro...
    Last week when I was at the Dr, she mentioned that we should have sex the day of a positive OPK, then 48 hours later and then 48 hours later again. Has anyone heard this before? Having sex 3 times after a positive? I always thought/read that you should have sex every other day and then especially the day of a positive.

Another weird thing I have been experiencing since I got off of BC in Nov 15, is that the day after I ovulate I start burning. Almost like a yeast infection but it is only on the outside. It's like I am allergic to my post ovulation CM. My Dr had never heard of this before and sent off a sample to see if I had some sort of infection. I was 99% sure it would come back clear ( and it did). Anyone else experience this?

4. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

I tend to ovulate the second day after I first see a positive opk. Lately I've noticed I'll get like an opk where both lines are equal and then the next day the test line is super dark, and then my temperature rises the next day. I've seen lots of women who ovulate the day they get their positive opk...If you also do BBT and do OPKs you should be able to figure this pattern out.

5. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Tionn3: This is what I've noticed for myself the last couple of cycles. I'll have a day where I'll have two lines the same color, the next day the test line will be darker, and then the day after that I'll actually ovulate.

6. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrslibrarian: this might be tmi but do you think it could be from frequency of BD? I have super sensitive skin down there around that time in my cycle and I've actually had a small cut/scrape there a few times that felt like burning for the next couple of days.

7. mrslibrarian

coffee bean / 39 posts

@bushelandapeck: no, I really don't think so. We don't really do it much more during that time. And is seriously always starts the day after I ovulate. Every single cycle. For awhile I didn't notice how it always happened on time and thought I kept getting yeast infections. The pain/ itching lasts from a few days to the full tww.

8. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrslibrarian: so strange! Maybe it is some kind of reaction to the change in CM. I've never read or heard about it but it makes sense!

9. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrslibrarian: that's different!

@Tionn3: This is my first time temping so it's interesting to see how it relates to the OPK too. Granted, this is my first cycle on Femara so I'm getting some help. But it's so amusing seeing my OPKs get darker than the control line and my temp going up.

10. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Cycle Day: 24
    TTC Cycle: 1
    Ovulation Date: 4/25 or 4/26
    POAS Date: 5/10
    Baby #: 3
    What's up this month: Going to a wedding after my POAS date, so that will dictate if I get to drink or not! DH and I are on board with having a third, although it seems a little crazy thinking about 3 kids. We aren't charting or anything, but we stopped using BC and I think I know when I ovulated.
    For Fun: Since this month was named after a fertility goddess, were you named after anyone? Yes, I was named after a character in the TV show Dallas

11. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@aprild: good luck!

I've been cramping a bunch and definitely getting my hopes up a bit. I may test tomorrow at 9dpo ... ironically though the only time I've ever tested positive at 9dpo was my last pregnancy that ended in mc (much later). I should probably wait at least another day but ... I probably won't.

12. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@aprild: welcome and good luck on baby #3!

13. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

I just tested at 9dpo on a couple hour hold...and it was negative...duh! What is wrong with me?!

14. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Coral: been there ... tomorrow I'll be taking my 9dpo test out of the trash all day just to check if a line magically showed

15. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@bhbee: I totally did that! And I said i wasn't going to test til 12 dpo! Alright, I am going to stick with my original plan.
    Fingers crossed for you!

16. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@aprild: yay for another mama trying for #3! There are a bunch of us here.

Following along quietly here..

17. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

AF arrived a day early and I have to go to a baby shower for a friend due a day before I was with my first loss.

Send alcohol.

18. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: I'm sorry, that's awful. Spike your punch or whatever you need to do!

@Coral: good luck on holding out AND a bfp!

I took a wondfo today and played the "is there a shadow" game for a while but I need to call it bfn for today and be done.

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: Unfortunately this is a noon baby shower at work! No booze!

Post a pic of the test! I love squinting

20. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: Bring a tiny bottle in your purse? There is not enough on my test to see in real life let alone a picture! It's just the usual wishful thinking. The symptoms (which I get every cycle) mess with my head.

21. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: Hopefully there will be a visible line within the next day or two!

22. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mrskansas: I can't imagine. Sending thoughts to get you through it.

@bhbee: I can't wait to see tomorrows test!

23. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

10dpo and... .this is why I don't keep cheapies in the house ...I'm not too disappointed but probably should just wait for AF to arrive.

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: I'm really sorry ugh, that sounds super hard.

Sorry for the bfns @Coral: @bhbee: but 9/10 dpo is still so early.

I think I'm 10dpo, maybe less (couldn't temp for a couple of days after my pos opk this cycle because I had to get up insanely early for work, so not for sure when o happened). I just took the frugal woman's version of a FRER - the "fridge early response test", i.e. I took a whiff of the fridge at work and it smelled ok (which it decidedly did not any time my hcg was above a minimal level). So I'll call that a BFN for today. Not optimistic, but who knows, it's early...

I have to see my MIL today/tomorrow. She's been letting my husband know about her disappointment at our failure to contribute to the next generation (she doesn't know we're trying). Hopefully she doesn't harp on it too much around me.

25. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@knittylady: How are you doing? Thinking of you

26. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@periwinklebee: Bahaha! I love your "FRER"!

27. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@periwinklebee: I love your poor woman's FRER. That's awesome.

I'm terrified. I'm feeling good about not trying this cycle (which will put me at the recommended time for waiting!) and have even started having small moments of feeling read to try again. I'm choosing to just enjoy that feeling, knowing that it doesn't mean I HAVE to try. I'm also really enjoying using the bathroom without fear of blood, and doing errands and going for walks without wondering if I'm bleeding. Little joys.

A wise friend told me last week that she was ready once the desire for another child was stronger than the fear of vulnerability/loss. It's been my mantra since hearing it. I'm not there quite yet, but I hope to be soon.

28. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@knittylady: I'm glad you are taking your time to feel ready and appreciating some aspects of the wait. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this whole experience. Sending so much healing energy.

@LindsayInNY: Not only is it free, its instantaneous. It either wreaks or doesn't, no waiting in suspense for a squinty line to maybe show!

29. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

Cycle Day: 5
    TTC Cycle: 5
    Ovulation Date: 5/18, but that's just a guess
    POAS Date: 5/31
    Baby #: 1
    What's up this month: Me and my husband are both pretty much over ttc at this point. We lost our first baby at 19 weeks over 5 months ago and are frustrated that I'm not pregnant yet. I started taking herbs from my acupuncturist this month, so hoping that they help my body do what it needs to do. Neither of us is into this anymore though. I think we may end up moving to NTNP since we both want a baby, but we aren't in a rush to have one anymore and actively ttc is exhausting.
    For Fun: Since this month was named after a fertility goddess, were you named after anyone? Me, my mom, and my 1 year old niece all share the same middle name. It's the name of my mom's great aunt.

30. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@PeaceLily: I'm sorry to see you back Hoping that this month will work out for you. NTNP in the future sounds like a good plan to have just in case...

31. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

@periwinklebee: Thanks . It sucks to still be trying, but I do think we started trying too quickly after our loss and I know my body wasn't ready to be pregnant again for a few months. I was a mess emotionally until the end of March, so I am thankfully in a better place now. I'm also feeling more relaxed now that we've passed the due date.

Last year I got pregnant on cycle 5, so hoping cycle 5 is lucky again for us.

I hope you're doing ok.

32. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@PeaceLily: Thanks I've been feeling better lately as well. It's hard to know how much time is needed for physical and emotional recovery... I'm really glad to hear that you're feeling better and I hope this is another lucky cycle 5!

33. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

You guys, this youtube series is freaking hilarious. I'm on episode three

34. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Coral: ugh I'm sorry.

@periwinklebee: I LOLed at your FRER. I hope MIL is not too bad!

@knittylady: I'm glad it's getting better!

@PeaceLily: hope this is it!

35. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

I'm pretty sure I'm out. Only 9dpo but I just wiped red and having a lot of cramping so it could be CD1 today or tomorrow . . . since this is my post-D&C cycle I think anything goes. I kind of hope it just starts vs my usual spotting for days and days before AF (that wouldn't usually be this much red).

I honestly feel ok about it beyond that initial surprise. We weren't really ready and the timing was bad if it worked. Now I will just have to decide if we want to try again in May. If I had a normal LP we would have missed it, but if this really is near CD1 then we might have a shot. It's been so nice to feel like myself the last couple weeks though so a break could be helpful too.

36. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Tionn3: Haha that was awesome.

37. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

@bhbee: I'm sorry. I hate how bodies don't just go back to normal right away. I've had 5 periods since my loss and it's clear that my cycles are just going to be different now, not sure they will ever get back to how they were last year...ugh.

Taking a break sounds nice to me too. I liked my life more before we started ttc. I'm trying to take it easy and not obsess this month. Do whatever feels best to you.

38. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

@TIONN3 I'm working from home today and just binged watch all three seasons. Thank you so much for the recommendation. Made my day.

39. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@mrskansas: Sorry about AF showing up.

@periwinklebee: Your frugal woman's version of a FRER is hilarious! I'm going to give it a try

@PeaceLily: Hoping you get good news this month!

@bhbee: Sorry to hear you might be starting AF soon

40. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Tionn3: haha watching episode 4 now.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee