Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2018 POAS

1. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Raspberry: thanks, fortunately I feel better after some alive and a heating pad did it's magic. Now I'm eating cake for breakfast with my kids, a much nicer start to the day

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Wishing all of the mommies and mums-to-be a very "Happy Mother's Day." To ALL of the ladies on here (both those currently a mother & those still trying), remember that you are AMAZING and deserve the best! Good luck to all of those still waiting to POAS this month!

3. megpie

coffee bean / 44 posts

Hi ladies. I’m cautiously joining this board for the first time! My husband and I have decided to start TTC this month. I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and have irregular cycles, so we’ll see how this journey ends up for us!

Cycle Day: 8
    TTC Cycle: 1!!!
    Ovulation Date: should be around 5/28, but I have irregular/long cycles so we’ll see!
    POAS Date: First week of June likely, probably around the 7th.
    Baby #: 1!

4. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I'm 11 dpo and still haven't tested. I'm trying to decide whether to test tomorrow or not. I have a second interview for a new job that I'm really excited about on Wednesday and don't really want to be distracted by all of this. This opportunity came out of nowhere last week. I've had short luteal phases (8 or 9 days max) the last several months so I suspect something might be up...

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Shantuck: It is absolutely up to you as to whether or not you can wait. Perhaps test after the interview instead? *smirks* That is, of course, if you ABSOLUTELY MUST beforehand. (I say this and know very well I wouldn't be able to wait! ) I wish you the best of luck with both the job and a BFP .... I really hope your intuition is correct!

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

POAS dates:

Lily of the West: 5/1
    Kaohinani: 5/1
    MsHangry: 5/1
    Sam's Mom: 5/4
    Raspberry: 5/4
    FaithLove224: 5/5
    Spinny: 5/7
    AFC061018: 5/11
    LBARN: 5/11
    LAZB: 5/12ish?
    Shantuck: 5/15
    MilPA: 5/22 ish
    DrPepper: 5/25
    Labrador Lover 5/28
    MDF106: 5/29
    Kaohinani: 5/31 ish
    Megpie: Early June-ish
    MAMABEAR87: TBD

Best of luck to everyone!

Lily of the West Raspberry faithlove224 thepicklemonster

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@megpie: Welcome and good luck!

@Shantuck: FX! I wouldn't be patient enough to wait to test!

8. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Shantuck: definitely test if you think they might offer you the job at the interview so you can negotiate for leave. (....if you needed an excuse to test)

9. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I decided to test today and I think I have a squinter, which wasn’t at all visible when the test was wet.

10. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Shantuck: ugh, that's a tough one. I definitely see that, but I had a couple like that last week that were convincing evaps.

11. Spinny

cherry / 125 posts

@Kaohinani: Clomid actually moved my ovulation date up from CD 19 to CD 16. From what I read, you will typically ovulate 5-10 days after taking the last pill, so it would make sense that O day for you would move back to at least CD 14. It also lengthened my luteal phase by a day or two, which is good since it was on the short side.

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Spinny: Thanks! It is so funny that you say it lengthened your luteal phase because, for me, it has lengthened my Follicular phase. My cycle has been SO out-of-whack having taken the Clomid. The temps have been up and down, and I think I am heading to OV (last night my LH reader said my level was 7.0 and this morning 6.5 out of 10. I, usually, loom around 1.0/1.5.). My CBED gave a good solid smiley this morning. (* Note - I'm on CD 14 today but usually OV closer to 11/12.) I was losing weight on the Clomid (and I'm a tiny person) but today I woke so bloated and up 6 lbs of painful water retention 🤒 ... thankfully, no other effects, though. 🙂 I REALLY hope this is the month. 😁 Lol.

13. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Kaohinani: What is this LH reader you speak of?

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@BadgerMom: Smilereader ovulation tests 😀. I found them in my research over the mos and presented them to my OBGYN for review. (He absolutely approves of them and has informed other patients of them.) One can purchase them online (Amazon, anyone? Lol). You use them as you would any other LH strip, then take a photo 📷 with your phone 📱 using the APP (iPhone and Android), and it analyzes the LH level. You can also track your BBT, intercourse, and cycle information. I hope all of that info was helpful 😉.
    * Affixed is a screen shot of part of my "test history" using the Strips and APP.

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@BadgerMom: I believe this is the Amazon link:

Smilereader Ovulation Test Strips with Fertility Tracking App (5 LH + 1 hCG) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074WGX2BQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NXW-Ab0TFYE1N

16. coffeemommee

apple seed / 1 posts

Hi ladies, is it too late to join?
    I was on another TTC site for the last 8 months but lately things have gotten very strict and not so friendly over there so I thought I'd look for another, more supportive board. This is my first time posting here.
    Cycle Day: 23
    TTC Cycle: 8
    Ovulation Date: 5/7
    POAS Date: 5/20
    Baby #: 2

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

POAS dates:

Lily of the West: 5/1
    Kaohinani: 5/1
    MsHangry: 5/1
    Sam's Mom: 5/4
    Raspberry: 5/4
    FaithLove224: 5/5
    Spinny: 5/7
    AFC061018: 5/11
    LBARN: 5/11
    LAZB: 5/12ish?
    Shantuck: 5/15
    CoffeeMommee: 5/20
    MilPA: 5/22 ish
    DrPepper: 5/25
    Labrador Lover 5/28
    MDF106: 5/29
    Kaohinani: 5/31 ish
    Megpie: Early June-ish
    MAMABEAR87: TBD

Best of luck to everyone!

Lily of the West Raspberry faithlove224 thepicklemonster

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Shantuck: That is a hard call, are you testing again tomorrow or waiting another day?

@coffeemommee: Not at all! Welcome and good luck! I know how you feel, I found this site while going down the TTC rabbit hole because the site I was on wasn't very welcoming.

19. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Sams Mom: I’ll test again tonight on a wondfo but then not again until tomorrow night.

I’ve been pregnant 5 times (if this time works out, this will make 6 - though only 2 kiddos to show for it) and this is usually how it works for me. I get a squinter on 11 or 12 dpo and then it gets darker over the next few days. My interview tomorrow is 5.5 hours long starting at 8:30 am so I don’t want to test in the morning and have no time to process before a grueling interview.

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Shantuck: Wow! 5 1/2 hours in an interview!? Yea, a positive test would take up a lot of head space for sure! FX for you that this is a sticky one.

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Shantuck: In that picture, I can't really tell if it's a positive or an evap line but I'm REALLY keeping my fingers crossed for you that it is a BFP.

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Shantuck: Any news?

23. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I didn’t test this morning. Didn’t want to lose focus on my interview this morning. I’ll keep you girls posted once I test again.

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Shantuck: Good luck!

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Shantuck: Well, good luck on your interview AND I await reading your update with my F'x [for both good news on the job and for a BFP ]!

26. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Shantuck: Good luck (on everything)! I think not testing this morning is the right call.

27. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

Mystery solved! I was using the restroom right before the 5 hour interview and AF arrived literally a minute before I started. I panicked since I didn’t have any feminine products with me (since I changed bags for the interview) but fortunately found tampons in a machine in the restroom. The interview went well but apparently the baby making didn’t. There’s always next month! At least my luteal phase was normal length this month!

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Shantuck: At least your Luteal Phase is at a good length! Maybe that will bring good things next month!

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Shantuck: Congrats on the interview! (Side note - I'm glad you were able to find lady "supplies" in time!)

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Shantuck: sorry about af, but yay for a normal luteal phase!

31. MilPA

olive / 51 posts

Ugh, the wait to test is agonizing! I’ve tested twice with cheapies knowing it was way too early just to tell myself “I told you so”!

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MilPA: I feel you!

33. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

I just have to say, I’m super excited! My body seems to be doing what it is supposed to be doing and right in schedule! I got my positive ovulation test tonight, cd14, and I’m so happy! Before I did any fertility treatment, my cycles were 5-6 weeks long instead of 4 so knowing my body is working without meds is a huge relief right now!

Now comes the hard part...trying not to poas too early

34. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@LabradorLover: Yay! Pregnancy can be a good reset to the body and they say you are more fertile after having been pregnant because the heightened progesterone, etc. After 14 months of trying, I conceived my daughter right after a loss so I believe it. Hope this month is it for you! We’re all pulling for you!

35. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@Shantuck: thank you and good luck to you on your next cycle!!

36. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@lilyofthewest: Hey! Any updates?

37. megpie

coffee bean / 44 posts

Ok ladies this is my first month using ovulation tests. I think I may have a positive one today but I just wanted your opinions. The first picture is the test I took tonight, and the second picture is from yesterday. I’m CD 17 which would make my past 2 cycles the most regular I’ve been in a long time!

38. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@megpie: It looks extremely close. I would have sex tonight to be safe and be checking multiple times tomorrow.

39. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@crazydoglady: Yes! And good too. I had a sono yesterday at 6+1 that exactly matched my dates and there was cardiac motion!

Still feeling guarded though. With my last pregnancy, I had cardiac motion at 5w5d weeks but then none at 8w and it looked like the pregnancy had stopped growing between 6-7 weeks. But, last time that first sono was measuring several days behind which was concerning since I was very very certain of my dates.

I have another ultrasound scheduled for next Friday. If that one is okay too, I think I'll breathe a little sigh of relief. I plan to stick with this ridiculously medicalized OB practice until after I've had NIPT done, but if everything still looks good then, I'll go back to my crunchy midwives.

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@megpie: That is definitely looking positive or close to it!

@lilyofthewest: That's great that everything looks to be on schedule. Best of luck to you at your next sono and getting through all of the testing so you can go back to your midwives.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee