Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MaryM: Great chart! This combined with my desire to not know about very early pre AF CPs again is my motivation.

2. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@MrsHansen82: congratulations!! So exciting!

A question to everyone -- how do you occupy yourself when you feel pregnant but the tests say no? I caved early (should have waited till tomorrow), got a BFN, but I've felt so pregnant for days. I know that premenstrual symptoms can mimic pregnancy symptoms, so I'm trying to accept that I'm likely not pregnant... but there's a little part of me that can't let go of that hope.

3. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@marzipan: I think it's healthy to have hope, but I try to maintain a balance between hope and reality.

4. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@marzipan: No advice here, only commiseration. I'm 11DPO, I'm spotting, and I've had negative test for days. I know I'm out, but I took a test today anyway because I just can't control myself. I think it's almost impossible not to cling to a little bit of hope until AF shows.

5. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@Aria: Same here about clinging to a bit of hope till AF arrives. This is our first month TTC after having my Mirena IUD removed, so I wonder if I'm having an extreme cycle which makes me feel pregnant. It kills me though because I've had symptoms that I wasn't even looking for, like bleeding gums yesterday. What?! I have stellar oral hygiene, so I am baffled by my BFN. But the mind and body can be tricky, eh?

@marym: I hope I have that balance! I think so, but it's darn hard to not be preoccupied by this.

6. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@marzipan: Oh, I'm not at all saying it's easy to have it!

But for every "symptom" I spot, I can usually find a reason why AF could be about to appear as well.

7. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@MaryM: oh yeah. Yet somehow my brain seems to prioritize the symptoms that would indicate pregnancy.

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MaryM: Ughh....that balance is sooo hard, but I totally agree!

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@marzipan: I wish I had an answer for you!! I've been having the same exact pregnancy symptoms as when I had DS, but keep getting BFNs. I'm still early, but the waiting is horrible. I have bleeding gums too (and never have before either)!!!! FX it's a good sign for us both!!!

10. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

This month, I think finals are the best thing to take my mind off TTC.

I'm trying to finish up a 10-12 page paper, and am stuck on page 8. Ugh!

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MaryM: good luck on your paper!! I couldn't even concentrate at work and ended up going home to nap. Lol I was so exhausted, I slept for 3 hours!!!

12. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@marzipan: The cycle I got my Mirena out I had insanely sore and swollen nipples and all sorts of pinging and pulling sensations in my pelvis. Not preggo. Going from a progestin dominant state to an estrogen dominant one was full of hope inducing symptoms.

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Well, I've been working on this paper since Saturday because I can't concentrate! (well, Saturday I outlined the sections I needed. Last night I wrote half of it because I'm supposed to go home for dinner with DH tonight...and tonight I'm trying to finish it, but look at me! I'm on HB! lol)

It's due tomorrow night, but I stink at writing things before the day they're due.

14. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@marzipan: @ValentineMommy: I think it's a good sign for both of you! I just flossed this morning and my gums were bleeding so bad!

15. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MrsHansen82: I hope so!!!! Fx

16. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@lilyofthewest: thanks so much for your reply! I had those same pulling sensations you mention. What a strange side effect! I wondered what in the heck was going on in there. Whatever happens, I really appreciate knowing that I'm not alone in these odd symptoms!

17. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

9DPO here (I'm guessing - that was the first day I had a definite positive OPK).

No stand-out symptoms. I have noticed some breast tenderness, but I had that last cycle and got a BFN. I'm pretty tired. The one really weird thing - and this is gross - I have had really bad gas the past 3 nights! That is not normal for me at all, and it's unrelated to anything I'm eating. No idea if that's a possible pregnancy symptom.

@ValentineMommy: @MrsHansen82: @marzipan: Now I'm hoping for bleeding gums!

18. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

19. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: ha! The things we hope for when TTC, right? Please send us bleeding gums!

20. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MaryM: So now I've gone down the rabbit hole of early pregnancy symptoms... I have been peeing SO MUCH the past few days too. Deep breaths.

Someone else join me in crazy symptom spotting! How much are YOU peeing these days? What's your gas like lately?

21. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Hahahaha! When I was PG, I had crazy burps! I am not usually a burpy person but they were constant.

22. Mrs. Coral

clementine / 812 posts

After lurking ~a year, a BFN yesterday, and signs of AF arriving this morning...it's time to join a thread!

Cycle day // CD1

Cycle # // 3

Ovulation & POAS // I'm thinking O is May 15 and POAS is May 30

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // Start temping. Might try SMEP. Excersize 4 days week minimum.

23. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: when I was pregnant with LO1 I was very bloated and gassy in the first trimester. I was so bloated that I had to wear maternity pants at 10 weeks. And when I announced at work at 12 weeks no one was really surprised Hope this is a good sign for you!

@Mrs. Coral: welcome! Good luck this month!

24. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Happy May!

@Mrs. Coral: welcome!

25. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I am crazy symptom spotting and still got a BFN this morning It's still to early to be out, but it's so discouraging

@Mrs. Coral: welcome!

26. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

January/February Mamas
    Anya MrsHansen82

May-Bee Mamas!
    1 ValentineMommy, marzipan
    3 MrsB2012
    4 HeartAbandoned, KeepCalmCarrie
    6 Crystal
    7 Annette, Tam, MaryM
    8 angelachase
    9 HellonHeels
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    15 SorryCharlie, Radish, Espion
    17 Raspberries
    18 Happybluebird, Googly-eyes, sheskrafty
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    22 LIL BEAN
    23 MrsStar
    24 EABAE
    25 lilyofthewest
    26 simplyfelicity
    30 Mrs. Coral, As Time Goes By

27. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Big temp drop this morning. While I was sitting on the toilet waiting for my to show up, I realized I'd started AF. So, roll calling in for the bottom if the month.

Cycle day 1
    Cycle #3 of trying post Mirena removal at the end of Feb.
    Baby #1
    Ovulation - likely 5/14 or 5/15
    Poas - if ovulation shows up when expected, I will start poas 5/25.

28. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Mrs. Coral: Welcome!
    @keepcalmcarrie: I always have more symptoms the months I'm not pregnant than the times I was (twice). It's so frustrating!

Cycle day - 6
    Cycle #5 total. We were NTNP for 3 cycles before getting BFP that ended in miscarriage. This will be our second cycle trying after miscarriage.
    Ovulation - hopefully 5/12. DH leaves for a business trip that night, so AF came just in time and i'll hopefully O on day 17 as usual.
    Poas - I try to wait until AF is due or late so 5/26. But I can usually be persuaded by myself or others to test earlier if I am dying to know.

29. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@lilyofthewest: ugh, so sorry to hear

I majorly jumped the gun and tested at 10DPO this morning.... Not sure what to make of this. First DH said he didn't see anything, then he thought maybe there was something there... But we could just want it so badly we're imagining? What do you think?

30. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I totally see a line. Hold it for a while and go get a FRER!!

31. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I sort of see something!

32. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I see a line (glad my work sprung for the huge screen computers), but I absolutely HATE those target brand tests. They are so finnicky. I vote FRER.

33. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@lilyofthewest: so sorry, but glad you have a second chance at May

@keepcalmcarrie: FX!

34. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I see it! Agree to hold that pee and get an frer!

35. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@mfa_lady: @Smurfette: @Anya: @winniebee: ugh, I shouldn't have caved this morning! I just had an extra one floating in my medicine cabinet, and when I woke up this morning I thought, hey, why not? And now I have the squintiest of squinters, serves me right.

@BakerBee: Agreed, I won't be giving in on the "early result" Target tests again.

I think I'm actually going to wait until the weekend to take another one. I don't want to go shell out more $$ at 10DPO - I'll just skip the wine to be safe. Not going to change things one way or another anyway! I'm kicking myself for testing so early - I should have stuck to the original roll call list. Do not deviate, haha!

ETA - we all know I probably can't hold out that long. I see a drug store run in my very near future. But at least let me say out loud that I'll wait to test again...

36. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I usually lean towards those giving false negatives (don't want to get your hopes up), so I think you are totally in the clear to get a FRER and test. But I have the patience of a three year old waiting for a bowl of icecream.

37. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

I feel like May is going to be a looong month! Good luck everyone!

Cycle day // CD3

Cycle # // 2

Ovulation & POAS dates // O should be around the 16th, I'm going to try to hold out to POAS until the 31st. I really don't like doing it before work

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // Opks and lots of bd

38. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I see it... Good luck retesting!

39. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Mrs. Coral: welcome and good luck!

40. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I see something too! So exciting! My vote is for a FRER. My FRER was undeniable when my cheapies were practically invisible.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee