Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

"No Spending" Challenge - Jan 2014!

1. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@locavore_mama: yup.

2. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

So, on my lunch break at Target today getting a couple of grocery items, allergy medicine, and cleaning supplies, I picked up a bottle of my favorite Essie nail color because mine is running low. BUT THEN, I THOUGHT OF THIS CHALLENGE AND PUT IT BACK! Woo hoo! Small victories.

3. looch

wonderful pear / 26210 posts

@mfa_lady: high five! I just put a whole bunch of stuff in my shopping cart and closed the browser window. I really only need one, not 5 of the item, so I will make do with something from the drugstore instead.

4. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@looch: YES! the online shopping is killer. good for you!!

5. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

We're doing well here! The crappy thing is we went for LO'S well visit today and found out she has rsv. We have to pay for everything out of pocket because I just switched to the high deductible plan until we get on dhs insurance in march. Boo!

6. T-Mom

honeydew / 7488 posts

I'm doing good about not online shopping but I did have to buy lunch today. I didn't plan well and bring my lunch in...

7. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

@mfa_lady: great job!

8. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@yellowbird: Aw, so sorry to hear about your DD! Hope all goes smoothly.

9. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

Good job ladies! I am going to see how long I can hang on to Christmas cash ($70) and an iTunes gift card. It will make me really think about the best way to spend it.

10. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

I spent the morning at the shops with my mum and bought nothing!

11. Mrs. Bee

admin / watermelon / 14210 posts

i already failed. i bought YNAB after Mrs. High Heels posted about the $15 deal, but that can't count right?

12. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@Mrs. Bee: YNAB definitely shouldn't count

13. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

@Mrs. Bee: freebie!
    How are you liking it? I finally have it set up to a way that works for us and I'm loving it.

14. Mrs. Bee

@cmomma17: @locavore_mama: i totally failed anyway. made an ikea run yesterday because a friend lent us her car. always need random things from there when you move.

and i haven't set up ynab yet!

15. T-Mom

honeydew / 7488 posts

Well I have been good about some things (did a prearranged shopping date with a gf and did not buy anything and only returned stuff) but I did go to Marshall's today and buy some clothes for my DD that she didn't truly need. I also bought a Jamba Juice this morning because I was too lazy to make my own darn smoothie.

16. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Mrs. Bee: oh IKEA runs are so fun! I totally failed too but I am documenting every single purchase in my calendar to tally up my total spending for the day then week. I may have restart this challenge for a Lunar New Year. LoL

17. Mrs. Bee

@Kimberlybee: haha me too. we "need" a lot of things because we recently moved. february will be better!

18. mamimami

grapefruit / 4120 posts

Late to the thread but not the idea! My austerity regime started this week! I spent nothing on food or Starbucks or anything during my workweek and am looking forward to a nice austere weekend with free fun and maybe a picnic in the park. Austerity now!!!

19. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

How's everybody doing?

I'm proud of myself for still hanging on to some cash I got for Christmas. I am starting to think I should send it towards my student loans ...

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee