Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

"No Spending" Challenge - Week 3 (6/17 - 6/21)

1. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

So I totally haven't been able to participate this week! Monday I bought breakfast AND lunch and yesterday I bought the office Timmy's donuts to thank everyone for donating to a Crohn's & Colitis Charity walk I did. I'll definitely be back in next week though, better believe!

2. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: bahaha my old job used to be that way. We had a Italian espresso machine with a commercial grinder and fresh beans. Sigh. Missed those free capps.

3. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

GOLD / grapefruit / 4555 posts

@.twist.: Sweet. If I fall off the bandwagon, you and I can be no spend buddies next week. Gordon will be out of town all week and I'll be stuck at home with the kids so it should be a cinch If I don't break down and order pizza again...

@regberadaisy: Does ordering pizza next week count if it's a 'free' pizza from Papa John's? Would I still get a freebie?

4. regberadaisy

@NaturallyCathy: if it's free then of course you still get a freebie!

5. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@NaturallyCathy: YES! Anything Free is exempt from the spending challenge. No money lost, no freebies lost! I can't remember what it was but I totally got something for free the first week we did the no spending challenge, it felt SO GOOD.

Speaking of free stuff, I totally have a buy x get a free one card for marble slab ice cream that is FULL. I will be saving it to get a FREE ice cream next week.

6. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@.twist.: Fantastic idea! Free ice cream for the win!

7. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

All I bought yesterday were some groceries at Whole Foods - including some baby food pouches, for under $20. My husband had to get a repair to his car today, so he took mine to work. No transportation = no urge to spend!

8. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

I'm out this week. I forgot my lunch today and I also bought a trash bag full of duplos for LO off a toy exchange site in my community. I told DH about the purchase though, seriously $8 for a BAG full of duplos.. And B is a stacking machine!

9. regberadaisy

I used my freebie yesterday on Sbux!

Day 4!

10. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

So far so good still, surprisingly. No buying!

11. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

I did really well the last two days! Spent nothing except $25 at TJ's but that goes into my $100 grocery budget.

Also, I sold one of our double strollers for $200 and some of E's baby headbands/bows for $50. Oh and instead of going through the car wash, I washed the car at home

12. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@HLK208: I am stupid impressed! Good job lady Keep it up!

13. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@NaturallyCathy: thanks!! 9 days to go of my no spending goal.

14. regberadaisy

I'm sooo tired...someone buy me a decaf iced coffee!

15. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@regberadaisy: Did I make it? Is it over? Can I buy the blanket now???

16. regberadaisy

@NaturallyCathy: hahahahaha not till EOD!!!

17. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@regberadaisy: so if I agree to purchase something but wait until eod to pay for it... Do I still win?

18. regberadaisy

@NaturallyCathy: bahaha you a trying to trick the system!!!

19. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@regberadaisy: Of course Gotta have that blanket.

20. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

I thought I was failing this week because I have an Amazon order and stuff I need at Target, but yesterday was my birthday and I got gift cards to both places so now I am back on track! I guess my freebie was paying the tax when I got my new free phone the other day.

21. regberadaisy

@tlcbaby: awesome!!!

22. rachiecakes

coconut / 8279 posts

@regberadaisy: we're going on vacation next week and I knew I'd need this week to make purchases for that, so I didn't get to join in.
    I just wanted to say: holy moly the money spent on food/going out. I just counted up my receipts from going out to dinner and it's well over $100 that I totally didn't need to spend had I'd been more conscious this week of it. I'll be re-joining the group when we return!

23. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

I finally cancelled all of our unnecessary memberships (tanning, Hulu plus, random websites). Small strides but it helps!

24. regberadaisy

@HLK208: wow - amazing! Great job

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee