Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

*Pumpkin Smugglers!!* Oct 2014 POAS!

1. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Cycle Day: 18 (5 DPO)
    TTC Cycle #: 4
    Ovulation date: Septemeber 21 - CD13
    POAS date: October 1-2 (I won't POAS until I'm actually late).
    Baby #: 1

Your plan this month: This was the first month I started using OPKs (I've been just temping) and I feel like we timed things really well. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but I had a large temp dip this morning (5 DPO) that I wonder if it might be in implantation dip. It seems a little early maybe, but I don't know.

Chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4e0153

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Yay!! We're amassing quite a group!!!! FX for lots of BFP's this month (including my own!)!!!!

POAS Dates
    10/2: mrs. microscope
    10/3: auggiefrog, desertdreams88
    10/4: ballerinabee
    10/5: eko, hellobeeboston, mrs scrapbook, jone0603
    10/1: mrs.kmm
    10/8: jennyg
    10/9: abmamma, worrywart
    10/10: misslace
    10/19: mrs. j
    10/20: nortstar, valentinemommy
    10/22: travellingbee
    10/23: chaosmaven
    10/26: mrsads
    10/27: tidybee

Cheerleaders: mrsmccarthy, raspberries, mrschickpea

@simplyfelicity: YAY!!! I hope we're bfp buddies

3. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

Hi ladies! Going to try to keep up with both this thread and the 6+ thread this month.
    Cycle Day: 4
    TTC Cycle #: 14
    Ovulation date: 8 October
    POAS date: 22 October (day AF is due)
    Baby #: 2 (lo is 2)

Your plan this month: Back to OPKs this month (didn't use them last month as wanted more of a stress-free month after a m/c. Drink more water, exercise. Trying to give it a bit longer before getting referred to a fertility clinic.

Good luck this month ladies!

4. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Hi Ladies,

Been lurking for a while and finally joined since I am so impressed by the level of support in this community!

Here goes

Cycle Day: 15
    TTC Cycle #: 6
    Ovulation and POAS dates: O either 9/27 or 9/28? Just got my 1st pos OPK! POAS probably around Oct 10
    Baby #: 1!
    Your plan this month: Keep eating well, yoga'ing, and basically just (trying to) chill out.

5. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Just got a positive OPK this morning on CD21! This is the earliest i've ever gotten one! Hopefully i'll O tonight/tomorrow and have a longer then 7 day LP!

6. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@MissLace: congrats on the OPK. FX that this LP is longer for you.

My temp shot up super high super quick this month. Hopefully it stays up there. Also, I've been waking up at 1am everyday since O. Anyone else starting to get TWW symptoms?

7. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

HALLELUJAH! I FINALLY got a solid smiley today on CD23, after twelve days of blinking ones. Taking B6 this month really threw my cycle for a loop, but at least it seems like I'm going to ovulate. Once I got into the double-digit days of blinking smiley OPKs I was convinced I wouldn't O at all.

Cycle Day: 23
    Ovulation and POAS dates: Probably 9/28 or 9/29; 10/10
    Your plan this month: We tried to really step up our BD game this month and have been doing it EOD since CD8 (what a month to O a week late!!!). I think we gave it our best effort. If we don't get a BFP this month, we're going to take a two-month break so my due date won't conflict with a family wedding next year, and I think we will probably use that time to get some basic testing done too.

8. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@angelachase: oh yay, finally!!!!

9. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

I'll join.

Cycle Day: 26
    TTC Cycle #: 3 (but October is month 6 when we started this process that milestone seemed a really far out)
    Ovulation and POAS dates: TBD, hopefully
    Your plan this month: No real plan. Long cycles really mess up any plan I have. So just BD a lot and temp until I confirm O. DH is going out of town next week, so with my luck that's when I'll O.

Good luck everyone!

10. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@angelachase: I knew it was coming! Welcome to the tww!

11. Runnergirl

coffee bean / 39 posts

I love the month of October-staying positive!

Cycle Day: 1
    Ovulation and POAS dates: 10/15 for O, and 10/30 for POAS. Looking forward to a normal 30 day cycle after a tough 51 day last month.
    Baby #: 1!
    Your plan this month: BD EOD, temping, bcomplex, balance supplement with chaste berry, progesterone, and new this time- an herbal remedy for stress (all from naturopath). On my end- light exercise, yoga, and relaxation. Maybe considering soft cups? I need to read into it a bit more.

Good luck this month everyone

12. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@angelachase: You give me hope that I will get that solid smiley soon! I'm at CD30 and I'm getting so impatient!!

13. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

So I may be going bananas but this tww sucks and I am the worst symptom spotter. It has been weird though that for the past couple days my temperatures have been really all over the place. I haven't actually taken my temp, but definitely having highs and lows, way more highs than lows. I will randomly heat up and start sweating everywhere. Even at the gym for the past couple days I have never sweat so hard in my life and I have backed off the intensity of my workouts! I am only 6dpo (I think). Am I going crazy? I have other symptom spotting but it hasn't been as persistent as this.

14. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Cycle Day: 2 (started Femara today, days 2-6)
    TTC Cycle #: Lost count now. This will be my first cycle back after our miscarriage in August.
    Ovulation and POAS dates: No idea, since I don't ovulate regularly. Hopefully Femara will help speed things up. All going well, POAS late October.
    Baby #: Trying for baby #2. We have Georgia (18 months) and we lost our little boy at 11 weeks along a few months ago.
    Your plan this month: IVF - we're using our last frozen embryo and praying for a miracle.
    Chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/mrsjaguar

15. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

So I don't normally symptom spot much (partly because my body doesn't give me much to spot!) but I couldn't help but notice how exhausted I was today (6 DPO). I got 8-9 hours of sleep last night and had a pretty chill day but I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30pm! So not like me (bedtime is usually midnight or later).

Oh - and I don't know why I said my POAS date was the 1st or 2nd in my first post. It is definitely the 5th or 6th. Early pregnancy brain perhaps!

@angelachase: wow! That is a ton of flashing smiles. I chose to use the regular CB instead of the advanced because I figured the flashing faces would stress me out.

16. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

I could actually die of frustration right now. DH went to a party tonight, then volunteered to walk a group of girls home because it was late. He didn't get home himself until 2 AM, and at that point, was so tired that he couldn't finish. After two weeks, after FINALLY getting the positive OPK, today's the day he can't do it.

17. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@angelachase: oh no! What about when you guys wake up??

18. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@angelachase: oh no! You still have today though! Smiley yesterday right?

19. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@angelachase: uggggh that must be so aggravating! Try to jump him this morning! I also missed out on a prime BD day because my husband (who never gets sick) happened to get sick at work and sent home and pretty much couldn't function as a person. I know its obviously not his fault but when you have super long/annoying cycles and you have to skip a prime day, its so frustrating.

20. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Here goes nothing...

Cycle day: 5
    TTC Cycle #: technically, it is my first but I have been TTC since April with 2 losses in that time.
    Ovulation and POAS dates: O probably between Oct 5 and 9 and POAS October 23rd (2 days before my 30th birthday.)
    Baby #: 1-- hoping third time is the charm
    Your plan this month: To be honest, I haven't really decided...either going to use my CBE OPKS or just BD during what I think is my fertile week. Not going to worry about preseed and all that. Just be as relaxed as possible.

21. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Mrs. J: @hellobeeboston: @MissLace: Yeah, there's still today, but I usually O the day after a solid smiley--but with missing last night on an EOD schedule, we'll have only gotten O-3 and O. Better than nothing, but not exactly a slam dunk.

22. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@simplyfelicity: So happy to see you!

23. Ashleyf21

grape / 92 posts

Cycle Day: CD8
    TTC Cycle #: 5
    Ovulation and POAS dates: I have been ovulating on CD 16 the past 2 months, so I will probably ovulate on 10/06 and POAS on 10/20
    Your plan this month: Using OPK's and making sure we BD enough around ovulation like we have been doing the past 2 months.

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Hoots: Awwww thank you!
    @Ashleyf21: Good luck to you, honey!

25. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

I would love some opinions on what you think might be up with my current cycle.

Ok, so yesterday was day 10 of flashing smiley faces. Like a good little TTCer, DH and I BDed last night. When we were finished, it appeared that AF had made an appearance. I was really disappointed, mad at the CB ovulation test, but my silver lining was that since it was CD30, my cycle was getting back to pre-baby instead of the long cycles PP.

This morning, nothing. No AF, no cramps, like it never happened. I'm so confused about what is going on. Thoughts?

26. Ashleyf21

grape / 92 posts

@simplyfelicity looks like we are on the same schedule this month! Wishing you the best of luck!

27. Jone0603

grape / 86 posts

@angelachase what a bummer! You're right it isn't the slam dunk you hoped for, but it can still happen. Stay hopeful!

I am excited to finally be testing at the beginning of the month. Hoping there are lots of early positives. I think my chart is looking pretty good, but this is the first month I have temped, so I don't really know.

28. Jone0603

grape / 86 posts

@jennyg two days before my solid smiley I had spotting. Not sure what the deal was. It was only ther on time, then gone.

29. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

We are just getting started but I love the community here and am excited to be a part of it.

Cycle Day: 12
    TTC Cycle #: 1st
    Ovulation and POAS dates: 9/30, around 10/15
    Your plan this month: Taking a more relaxed approach and trying to have have fun and see what happens.

30. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@simplyfelicity: So happy to be cycling with you, chick. xx

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@jaguar: Same here! Seems like a lot of us from the loss board are. Maybe that is a lucky sign?! I decided to not use OPKS this month (since DH and I decided on that.) If I have inclinations that I am O - ing , I will definitely get down but just *try* to be chill about it

32. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@simplyfelicity: Good plan! xxx

33. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@Jone0603: Your chart looks really good!

34. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

BD timing question!

So I got my first positive OPK 36 hours ago, and did the BD 2 days before that, day of, and the 2 days after including this morning (so 5 days in a row with the positive OPK on the 3rd day).

Didn't take temp the last 2 days (on vaca and left the thermometer at home, doh) but didn't spike before that.... Cramping the last few days with left side twinges today... So long winded question is, do I need to BD again tonight? Overkill or worth a shot? Want to get it right without stressing and making BD a chore.

Thx ladies!

35. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@YogiRunner: So, does that work out to O-2, O O+1 and O+2?

36. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@simplyfelicity: I *think* I O'd yesterday, which would be 24 hrs after the first positive OPK... Which puts me at O-3, O-2, O-1, O and O+1.

But I missed my temp the past few days and I'm nervous that I actually O'd today (lots of cramping) and that I need to keep getting busy. But since we did it last night AND this morning is that just overkill and making it a chore?

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@YogiRunner: Wow, that's about the most perfect timing ever! I would only BD one more day *maybe* but I think you probably got it.

38. Tam

grape / 92 posts

TTC Cycle #: 17 - 19 ??? Lost count a few months back
    Your plan this month: Gone to the doc to run tests.

Hi ladies, I have finally plucked up the courage to go to the doc to run tests. DH is going for a SA on Wednesday. I have to go for a pap smear - my first ever !!! , a scan and blood work. Would just like to find out if any of you can shed some light on what I can expect at the appointment ? The doc didn't really specify what type of scan and will the pap smear be painful ? any insight/ info would be appreciated. x x x Thanaks in advance

39. TarHeelBee

pea / 11 posts

Cycle Day: 24
    TTC Cycle #: w
    Ovulation and POAS dates: not entirely sure when I o'ed, we were away for a beach weekend around day 14 (after what I thought was a positive opk) but cm and temps didn't corroborate that being the day I o'ed. I'm tentatively going to poas oct 2nd.
    Your plan this month: being on vacation around my usual o date meant lots of bd'ing so we will see. Trying to take a relaxed approach to our first few cycles ttc.

40. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Tam: Pap smears haven't ever been painful for me. Basically like a regular obgyn exam but when the doc is poking around down there, they swab and send it off to the lab. Not sure what the scan will be. Maybe ultrasound? If it was, I would think they would say that. If it is then, nothing big. Transvaginal ultrasound is a bit weirder, but really nothing to be nervous about.

@TarHeelBee: Welcome and :goodluck:!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee