Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 POAS

1. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

My husband and I are going to try to BD every other day this cycle. Is every other day enough to catch ovulation? We kind of thought that if we did it every other day it might take the stress out of worrying about ovulation because you're bound to have enough sperm in there with that much frequency. Still gonna do the OPK just so I can have an idea of when to start my TWW.

2. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@OurEastAndWest: I symptom spot all the time time in my TWW and after 5 months it is driving me crazy. It is so hard to separate my awareness away from my body, but I'm trying really really hard to go back to the way things were before we started TTC.

3. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Cole: The scientist in me should like the idea of data collection. The problem is knowing that I get super nauseated and have sore boobs before my period has not helped me, I still think I have a chance.

4. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I try to distract myself by making lots of plans. I also like to binge on Netflix, and since all the new shows are coming out it is kinda perfect timing. Baking is also good too.

5. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

Hi ladies!

Cycle Day: 7
    TTC Cycle: 2
    Ovulation Date: ?
    POAS Date: Oct 17
    Baby #: 2
    What's up this month: This is my second cycle post Mirena. I had a shorter cycle last month so I'm not sure what will happen this month. Not using opks or anything. Just hoping we can BD during the fertile window and see what happens.
    For Fun: What are you (or your LO) dressing up as this year for halloween? LO is going to be a fireman. He didn't enjoy his costume last year, so this year we are going for simple and comfortable. He's wearing fireman pajamas, fireman boots, and a fireman hat he already owns. He will be excited about candy this year since he knows what it is.

6. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Cole: I'll be 34 soon and definitely can relate to the ticking time bomb sensation. What's funny is it wasn't even on my radar a few months ago and I was even thinking we would wait until the spring to TTC #2. I'm sorry for your loss and really hope this is your month!

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Tionn3: should be fine to catch O. I've read every other day is good for sperm health. I usually do every other day and if i'm up for it O day as well.

8. OurEastAndWest

cherry / 134 posts

@Tionn3: Yea I realized after last month that my 'body awareness' was not helping my sanity ha. So now I am TRYING to just put in my little symptoms to FF as I feel them but not pay too much attention to anything unless I'm actually late- which hasn't happened yet! Note that I said trying though

9. OurEastAndWest

cherry / 134 posts

@jhd: Welcome to the group I think your little fireman's outfit sounds adorable and smart!!

10. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@OurEastAndWest: thanks

11. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

Ok, I know it isn't even October yet...but what is self control anyway? Am I crazy or can you see something here?

12. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@msmilkshake: Wow, no need to squint here! Congratulations!

13. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@msmilkshake: definitely a line! Congrats!

14. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@msmilkshake: There is definitely something there!!

15. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

Thank you! I had a good day at work and thought I'd try a test. I hope this is good luck for all of us!

16. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@msmilkshake: Was there anything you did differently this month? So happy for you! Definitely gives me hope!

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@msmilkshake: that's positive! Congrats! What dpo are you? Talking about starting the month off right

18. OurEastAndWest

cherry / 134 posts

@msmilkshake: That's definitely a line!!

19. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

@msmilkshake: that's a really clear line! 😀Congratulations! What dpo did you test? Have you told your SO yet? I always like hearing how ppl tell their men - helps me stay positive. Congrats again! X

20. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

11 DPO, I was honestly really surprised I got a positive. My husband got home just in time for the debate last night and I didn't feel like the mood was right to tell him haha. I'll report back once I do.

21. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

Also, @Tionn3 nothing different this month, except apparently good luck!

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

I got my positive OPK this morning!

23. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Banana330: woohoo!

I had very minor ovary-ish pain and then had one quick, small gush of red blood (sorry tmi). I've never bled with ovulation before that I recall but I'm assuming that's what it was? So weird. I'm over weird!

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Cole: I've heard of O bleeding before, but never had it. I totally get over weird.

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

BFP **msmilkshake**

Oct 1 - OurEastAndWest,
    Oct 3 - MrsD2442, MrsF
    Oct 5 - Tubbs
    Oct 7 - MommySLP, tequiero21
    Oct 8 - snarkybiochemist
    Oct 9 - Banana330, cole
    Oct 16 - Tionn3
    Oct 17 - JHD
    Oct 18 - Ottilie
    Oct 21 - BeatlesFan629
    Oct 26 - Petitduck
    Oct 31 - Mrs. Blush

Cheerleaders! - Bibliolove, yellowbeach, bizwitch

26. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@msmilkshake: Congrats!

27. OurEastAndWest

cherry / 134 posts

@Banana330: Whoop whoop!
    @Cole: I've only had that happen once before, the second cycle we were trying I believe. It was bright pink-tinged EWCM basically. I read that it's a really good sign for fertility!

I'm over 'weird' too!!!

28. OurEastAndWest

cherry / 134 posts

Tomorrow is probably my 12 DPO, which is the day I can never get past {I'm still not 100% on my O-day this month but thinking that it probably was CD 15 with a fallback after ovulation.}

So I'm dreading tomorrow. UGH.

And then I just went to the gym, and my husband & I have been trying to decide some things about our future, kinda unsure which direction to go, and I was on the elliptical and my heart/head just decided! It was the first time I have felt truly confident and sure of a big decision in a whileeeee and so I stopped by my husband's office on my way home (it's 2 buildings down) and I was telling him, super excited, and his response just annoyed the shit out of me! Meaning that I am probably PMSing for my period that is about to start. But gosh I just wanted to storm out of there!! No, it wasn't anything bad, I just wanted a happy response and he was playing devil's advocate and it just ticked me off ha. LET ME BE FREAKING HAPPY THAT I EVEN MADE A DECISION FOR TWO MINUTES BEFORE BRINGING UP ALL THE OBSTACLES!

I would like to note that my husband is amazing and this is just my hormones talking haha

29. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@msmilkshake: congrats!
    @banana330: nice!

@OurEastAndWest: hormones, ugh. Haha. Mine have been a roller coaster ride lately, my poor husband. Fingers crossed tomorrow is a big old day of nothing for you.

Afm, finally started my period two days ago (in my head it was taking forever) I'm starting to feel a little hopeful and excited for this month to try again so I guess that's good! And cooler temps outside are making me happy, I love fall.

30. OurEastAndWest

cherry / 134 posts

@Petitduck: Waiting to start AF is even worse than being on AF- at least then you know and you can start planning the next cycle!! Glad you are back to feeling hopeful I live in Florida so no cooler temps here yet! Enjoy your fall breezes

Speaking of hormones, my husband said at lunch that my uterus runs our house bahaha And he didn't even know that I was hating him earlier today haha. Though he was extra sweet at lunch so maybe he picked up on my vibes and realized he was being an ass... but probably not ha.

31. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@OurEastAndWest: haha aren't hormones the best? I know what you mean though, 12dpo is usually when I see my temp drop and af follows. Don't count yourself out yet though. I know when I got my bfp back in February (that later ended in a m/c), I was soooo moody that whole week. I remember thinking that AF must be coming any minute because I hated the world lol

@Petitduck: I agree with you - AF just showed for me 4 days ago and usually I'm still in a blah mood but for some reason this month, I feel more excited about trying again. Hopefully this is our month!

Sorry if this is too personal or has already been talked about (I'm pretty new to the poas boards) but I was just curious what bd schedule you all follow (or try to follow)? The first few months we were everyday during my fertile window and last month we tried SMEP. I'm not sure if I should switch it up to every other day or keep doing what I'm doing. Do you all stick to the same plan every month or switch it up?

32. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@BeatlesFan629: We generally do every other day, sometimes I'll throw in O day if it falls between (and then stop usually). I've read it's good for sperm quality to have a day between. I don't switch it up, I don't think we could do every day!

33. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

You guys! I tried acupuncture yesterday for the first time! I started going to see if it would help me relax and stay stress free. I also asked her if it could help with my moderate cramping during my period and the spotting I have 1 -2 days before my period, and she said it can take a couple cycles of acupuncture, but that it should help. I think this will be a helpful distraction when my TWW (TWW from hell) comes up!

34. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@Cole: I've had bleeding during ovulation 3f times since I came off the pill 3 years ago, it was always mixed in with lots of eggwhite water cm. My OB told me that is a good sign, because it means you have ovulated!

35. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@BeatlesFan629: I too have read and heard that every two days during the fertile time is better for sperm. Every two to three days leading up to that would be good too. I have tried it each way, no luck yet, but eod was far easier. This mostly was from a documentary on YouTube from the BBC called "the great sperm race".

36. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@OurEastAndWest: How were your temps today?

37. ottilie

cherry / 143 posts

@BeatlesFan629 - so in theory I like the every other day thing, but sometimes it doesn't quite work out like that and it's like every 2-3 days. I try to track ovulation, too, so that we can time it to a positive opk. I had a miscarriage in July so since then my cycle has been a bit shorter, but I'm not sure if it will stay that way so I always feel like doing every other day or two keeps me covered in case I ovulate earlier/later than I'm expecting.

38. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@Tionn3: I just started acupuncture a couple of weeks ago! How did you like it? I agree with you - I really hope if anything, it helps me relax. My next session is this Friday and it's the first that will involve more fertility stuff so we'll see how that goes!

39. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@BeatlesFan629: I liked it! I went to a community based clinic where they treat multiple people at the same time (so much cheaper, only $20), it was just a big room with dim lights and nice music and good smells with big reclining chairs that you sit in with blankets. The acupuncturist talked with me about my concerns, and then she placed the needles and let me relax. It was definitely relaxing, and just being able to chill for an hour in a dark room was nice. I'm going to try to go once a week for the next 3 months and see how it goes. Are you seeing someone privately?

40. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@BeatlesFan629: with my first it was every 3 days until day 17 I think and I found it a bit exhausting, but we got pregnant the first month we tried that. Dh isn't up for that this time and neither am I really so I'm hoping for doing that in fertile week and use opks will work.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee