I plan to get an epidural, but I was hoping to wait until 5 or 6 cm if I was going naturally, based on how I'll then be confined to the bed, etc.

However, it's looking more and more that this birth will be going the induction route with pitocin. I've read multiple times that pitocin contractions are no joke. So, I'm unsure of when to ask for the epidural.

If you had a birth with pitocin & an epidural, what was the timing of each, in relation to each other? Did you wish you got the epidural sooner, or later, or did it seemingly work out well?