Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Postathon Chat Thread 5/10

1. obxwife

apricot / 277 posts

@blushink: Ooh, what's the theme?!

2. Mrs. Sunglasses

GOLD / pomelo / 5167 posts

@obxwife: Still unsure! I'm not doing anything huge (like his first bday because the hubs will kill me) so I'm thinking... maybe a Color Block party! (Mavrick LOVES coloring)

3. mrs. wagon

blogger / watermelon / 14218 posts

@obxwife: He is 2 years 5 months. (don't worry, I can never remember how old anyone else's LOs are!!) We once left him to go to a wedding in Niagara Falls (we went by plane) for one night, and we once left him for 2 nights for our babymoon about an hour away. I've been anxious every time, and this time I'm anxious because I know he will be asking where mommy and daddy are now that he can talk really well. But my MIL is great with him and it always ends up being a lot better than we think it will be. If you have someone you really trust I would totally recommend leaving LO behind! It's tough but worth it, I think, to have the break and be childless for a while!

4. obxwife

apricot / 277 posts

@blushink: Aw, Color Block party would be fun!! I'm now researching a tutus and ties theme party for my sisters baby, she's 7 mo's now

@mrs. wagon: I've never left him for longer than a work day, I'm so anxious to do it! I'm BF'ing so that would be a pain to pump but I don't know... it would be nice not to have to worry about him during the wedding. Ugh! So torn!

5. Mrs. Sunglasses

@obxwife: I love that!!! What are you looking for exactly? I'm always up to "finding" new places to shop for stuff.

6. mrs. wagon

@obxwife: could you bring someone along who could babysit in a hotel room while you're at the wedding? Since LO is still so young that might work...? I personally never left Wagon Jr. while he was nursing but looking back, that would have been fun...!

7. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@blushink: damn i was hoping i wouldn't see you on here, but in l&d with Sienna!!

8. Mrs. Sunglasses

@mrsjyw: ya sorry!!! i guess Sienna decided it's not time yet. I've gotten zero contractions today. BOO!!!

9. obxwife

apricot / 277 posts

@blushink: Not sure what I'm looking for yet! Haha, the grownups are urged to dress up too so I guess I need a tutu for myself! Pretty poms would be cute for decor? Nice and fluffy? Ideas welcome!

@mrs. wagon: I thought about that option too. My LO is a GREAT sleeper and goes down around 8:30-9 and sleeps til 6/7 so I hate to mess up his schedule by bringing him to the reception so even if someone could sit with him while we party, that'd be awesome. I'm thinking leaving him or bringing someone are my best options.

10. obxwife

apricot / 277 posts

@blushink: @mrsjyw: Have you had many BH contractions? So exciting that she'll be here so soon!

11. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@mrs. wagon: awwww! How much fun that will be!! Are you unit?
    @obxwife you have a wedding this weekend, too! I have no idea what to do with the lo. 10 weeks? Gah. I don't think I could leave him!

12. Mrs. Sunglasses

@obxwife: I've been having BH for over 1.5 months. Have been having contractions on and off for 2 weeks. Lost my mucous plug last night and cramping has been happening more regularly.

13. mrs. wagon

@obxwife: don't bring him to the reception... we tried to when Wagon Jr. was around a year and he was so upset because it was so LOUD! loud music, people cheering, etc. We left super early. The reception ran super late because the limo broke down on the way there (!!!) so we left at 9pm, before they even served dinner! McDonald's on the way home...

@mediagirl: yes! I am the big fat pregnant bridesmaid.... haha. I ordered a dress in size 20 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ack!!!!) but I'm really glad because after the alterations it's really comfy and actually looks like it was made for maternity. All the other 6 bridesmaids are thin and glamorous so I'm definitely going to stick out... but oh well!

14. obxwife

apricot / 277 posts

@blushink: Wow! So REALLY soon then! After mucus plug, it's usually no more than a few days. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

@mediagirl: I know!! I really don't want to leave him especially now that I'm back to work, our weekends are special. The wedding is Memorial Day weekend (@mrsjyw: it's Maria's!) and I just don't know what to do.

15. Mrs. Sunglasses

@obxwife: Are you a DIY kinda gal?
    I suggest : Felt bow ties for the boys. Tulle ruffled to imitate the tutu as a backdrop (maybe for the food/dessert table) maybe hang a few felt bows from there too.

I would use ribbon too... seems to "match" tutus.

16. obxwife

apricot / 277 posts

@mrs. wagon: I know I don't want to bring him to the reception, he cries when hubs sneezes! Haha, so loud noises are a no go, esp at 10 weeks.

Also, you'll be a GORGEOUS bridesmaid!

17. obxwife

apricot / 277 posts

@blushink: Tulle and ribbon are a definite must! Love the felt tie idea too! I can't wait to put my LO in some slacks and suspenders hahaha

18. mrs. wagon

@obxwife: awww thanks... THANKFULLY the dress is so dark navy it's almost black, and I chose mine (we were able to choose from like a million styles from the same designer) totally based on what would be flattering, so it's a super deep V neck with nice thick straps so I can wear a regular bra. And empire waisted of course. I'll post a pic after the wedding is over

19. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@mrs. wagon: Awww. You're pregnant! Not big and fat!! You'll look beautiful.
    @obxwife Omg he cries when your husband sneezes??? So sad but so funny from an outsider!!

20. obxwife

apricot / 277 posts

@mediagirl: It's hilarious! The dog barks and he's totally fine, train honks - fine... but husband sneezes and he freaked! I felt bad I was laughing. Hahaha

21. mrs. wagon

@mediagirl: hehe... well, I am big, and pregnant, but unfortunately also fat right now! Oh well

22. obxwife

apricot / 277 posts

Well ladies, I gotta go BF my sweet baby Noah! I'll have to check in on you before I go to bed. Talk to you later! xoxo

23. mrs. wagon

Dude I am SO distracted by this postathon right now. Wagon Sr. is totally distracted by the Celtics game. We keep asking each other questions and the other will just be like "....what?"

I just realized I left some lingerie soaking in the sink upstairs, and we still have to go downstairs and organize the basement in preparation for my MIL coming this weekend. And I have to wash my face.

SO as much as this postathon has been so far, I must step away! I will be back later!!!

24. Mrs. Sunglasses

Alright I'm off... time to get some beauty rest in case baby girl decides to kick start the contractions in the middle of the night. Which clearly she seems to prefer nighttime for cramping.

25. mrs. wagon

I'm back!! Feeling pretty good after conquering the basement and the laundry's still drying... I'm so tired now so it's time to do some Hellobeeing before I fold laundry and go to bed!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee