Login/Register

1 month pregnant and bleeding

1. eecuadrado

coffee bean / 27 posts

@Eko: Thank you for your kind words.

Aww congrats!!

2. Mrs.Waffles

cherry / 156 posts

@eecuadrado: I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had a similar experience. My cycles tend to be irregular, they're like 30 to 40 day cycles sometimes. So when I didn't get my period after 40+ days I took a pregnancy test and got a positive. The next day I started spotting and it was like brownish, like when your period is ending (BTW, I spotted on and off for like two weeks). I called my doctor worried that I may be miscarrying again. She told me to go to the ER to get an ultrasound and blood work to check my levels. So the ultrasound showed nothing and my levels were low. At that point the ER doctor told me it could be an early miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy. So we were devastated. I spend the rest of that week on bed rest and going to get my blood drawn to check if my levels were increasing, which they were. But they still couldn't tell me if it was a viable pregnancy. Also, I was very annoyed with my doctor and the ER doctor because they were calculating the length of my pregnancy based on a 28 day cycle. So they were like you should be having higher hormone levels. It wasn't until I got to see an actual OBGYN that I felt a little bit better. She told me that sometimes spotting happens early on in pregnancy for reasons unknown. She said that my hormones levels were low because it was too early of a pregnancy and that it is hard to calculate with women who have irregular cycles. She did an ultrasound that day and said it look like an early pregnancy and then schedule me to come back in 2 weeks to see how it has progressed. She said to be concern if it is bright red blood or large amounts. So flash forward to now, the pregnancy was viable I have a healthy 4 month old now.
    So I'm just wondering if maybe there is a miscalculation on how far along you really are. And the reason your levels are so low, is because it's still too early to tell. I hoping that your pregnancy will be a viable one. Sorry for the long story. Just wanted you to know that sometimes spotting doesn't necessarily lead to a miscarriage. Wishing you the best.

3. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@eecuadrado: did you take a test tonight?

4. eecuadrado

coffee bean / 27 posts

@Mrs.Waffles: I'm so happy you went to have a healthy pregnancy that's amazing. Sadly, I took a ditgal test and I did lose the baby.

5. eecuadrado

coffee bean / 27 posts

@travellingbee: yes I took a digtal. I lost the baby

6. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@eecuadrado: I'm very sorry for your loss

7. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@eecuadrado: I'm so very sorry. Good luck in the future TTC.

8. Mrs.Waffles

cherry / 156 posts

I'm really sorry.

9. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I am really sorry. I totally get not feeling ready to try again right away...I felt that way too. I didn't want to have my heart broken again. However, it didn't take long before things shifted for me and all of a sudden I wanted to try again very badly.. I was far enough along that my OB made me sit out one cycle before trying again.. You are probably early enough that you could try again next cycle if you end up feeling ready. My advice would be to give yourself some time before you worry about deciding when to try again. Also see what your doctor says. Apparently fertility increases after a loss and the good news for me was that I got pregnant with my daughter the next time we tried. As much as I miss the baby we lost, I can't imagine not having our daughter...so I feel like it worked out the way it did for a reason.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss.

10. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@eecuadrado: I'm so sorry

11. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@eecuadrado: So, so sorry. I experienced a miscarriage (8 weeks along) this summer and it was incredibly difficult. Thinking of you.

12. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@eecuadrado: I am really sorry. I have experienced a CP and 10 week loss. It sucks so bad but you can and will get through it. It's hard to hope but, someday soon, you will get the courage again. Be kind to yourself and let yourself feel whatever you will.

13. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@eecuadrado: I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had a miscarriage at 6 going on 7 weeks pregnant back in March/ April of 2013. I was devastated and went into a mini depression, I wasn't sure if I wanted to get pregnant again because I wasn't sure if I could handle another lost like that but me and DH decided to try again and 6 weeks later I was pregnant again and now my son will be 1 in two weeks. And right now as we speak I am going through an ectopic pregnancy I was 6 weeks 4 days when I went to the emergency room in pain and that was two weeks ago. And even though it's sad I'm just looking forward to trying again in April/ May. With both of my losses these ladies have been the best support so do not hesitate to reach out. I wish you the best and good luck if you decide to try again

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@eecuadrado: I'm really sorry to hear this I totally understand if you wanted to wait. After my first miscarriage we waited 7 months and after our CP we waited 2 months. I wanted to feel emotionally ready for each try. Hope that future planning goes more smoothly and healthy for you.

15. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@eecuadrado: I'm so sorry for your loss

16. eecuadrado

coffee bean / 27 posts

@macintosh: @travellingbee: @Mrs.Waffles: @78h2o: @mrsjyw: @Jess1483: @simplyfelicity: @Honeygold89: @Eko: @NovBaby1112: Ladies thank you so much for all your support. This weekend was very hard. I had moments where I was perfectly fine and other where I lost my mind, crying. Today is my appt and I don't know if I should even go. Honestly if it wasn't for my husband I would have fell apart. He has been such a trooper. I know he's in pain as well so I am extra thankful for his comforting words during this painful time. He wants to try right away but I want to wait a little bit. I just don't know if I can go through this again

17. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@eecuadrado: sorry for your loss.

18. eecuadrado

coffee bean / 27 posts

@autumnlove: Thank you love

19. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

i'm so sorry.

20. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@eecuadrado: I'm really sorry for your loss. If you need to talk at all, there are so many women here who have been through this...some more than once or twice even. We don't know exactly how you feel, but we can relate. Sending lots of love your way for speedy healing.

21. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@eecuadrado: sorry again but like @2PeasinaPod: said there is plenty of us here if you need to talk, don't hesitate to wall me or anyone else if you need to.

22. eecuadrado

coffee bean / 27 posts

@edelweiss: Thank you
    @2PeasinaPod: @Honeygold89: Thank you it has been so hard but it's nice to talk to people who understand what I am going through

23. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@eecuadrado:

24. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I'm so sorry for your loss

25. eecuadrado

coffee bean / 27 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thank you

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@eecuadrado:

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@eecuadrado: I'm really sorry to hear you're going through this.

There's an occasionally "Beyond Miscarriage v.2" thread if you need to check in with people who can empathize.

28. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@eecuadrado: I am so sorry. I had a 10 week loss in August and I didn't know I would ever be ready again. I was so, so angry that it happened. My heart was so closed off to having children or trying again. I ended up getting pregnant again in October and am now almost 20 weeks with a (so far) healthy pregnancy.
    I guess what I am saying is allow yourself to go through the motions of not knowing when...you need to grieve and you have deserved that. Maybe, sometime in the future, you may wake up feeling hopeful or excited about it but don't rush it.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee