Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

The last 2 days I've had just crazy fatigue set in - almost feels like what I would imagine hot flashes of menopause to feel like. Anyone have any tips for energy recovery? I'm already taking daily naps which I don't normally do.

2. Megatherium

grape / 87 posts

@littleblessings: Yes! I am having serious nausea!

3. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

So the clinic that verifies pregnancy apparently gets tests by donation also. They had the Clearblue Digital with the weeks estimator. I've never taken a digital so this was very exciting for me!

ETA that they let me take the digital home to SO and that lovely crayon is my sons art work. lol

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@littleblessings: Those CBD tests are great. It's like a cross between a qualitative and quantitative bHCG test. Tells you more than +/-, but doesn't tell you a true numerical beta. For me I took these during my 2WW between my betas and my 6wkus and it gave me a lot of piece of mind to know my beta levels were appropriate.

5. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

DD decided to tell my dad that he was going to be a grandpa again. Ran outside to see him, digital in hand. I left it on the bathroom counter. Not a good idea I guess. At least he seemed to be over the moon about it!

6. Trimama

apple seed / 1 posts

EDD: April 24, 2017

How far along: 5 weeks

First child? Second!

First doctor appointment: Sept 22

Any symptoms so far? Peeing a lot!

Who have you told? DH, my mom and dad, DH's mom

Congrats to all the April mom-to-be!

7. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Updating the list with new mamas. Congrats everyone!!

April 3: mrsmacSLP (#1) - 8w0d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1) - 7w5d
    April 7: Cordie (#1) - 7w3d
    April 10: PeaceLily (#1) - 7w0d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1) - 7w0d
    April 14: Megatherium (#2) - 6w3d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3) - 6w2d
    April 15: Mamag511 (#2) - 6w2d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2) - 5w6d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2) - 5w5d
    April 21: littleblessings (#3) - 5w3d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2) - 5w3d
    April 21: psw27 (#2) - 5w3d
    April 22: MissLace (#2) - 5w2d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 5w0d

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

How was everyone's weekends?

Ours was good. My ILs took DS overnight on Saturday, so DH and I got a lot of work done around the house, and got to have a date night We've got a bunch of DIY projects to tackle in order to make room for a 2nd LO so it feels good to make progress.

9. Cordie

coffee bean / 39 posts

@Trimama - Welcome, and congrats!

@Jennypenny - I love seeing how far along everyone is, thanks for doing this!

My weekend was good, I mostly just rested up, but also gave my dogs a bath because they were super stinky. I have been sleeping pretty poorly and waking up early (4 or 5 am) absolutely starving, no matter how much I try to eat before bed! Anyone else dealing with this?

10. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

Hello All! I don't know if I should be in April or May

EDD: from my calculations probably the VERY end of April. 28 or 29th. So this may be a May baby

How far along: 4w 3d?

First Child? Second!! E is 10 months so they will be 18monts apart!

First Doc Apt: I still need to call. Im changing docs and finding a VBAC friendly hospital so still figuring all that out. Trying not to stress too much about it.

Any symptoms so far? Peeing a lot and a little bit of nausea

Who have you told? DH, DS who has no idea what I'm talking about the in laws, and our best friends

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Cordie: I don't wake up hungry, but I've been waking up at 4 or 5 to pee every night, no matter how much I try to limit water at the end of the day. So frustrating!

@justjules: Welcome! My DS doesn't get it either, but he's 2 so he has a better chance :). I tell him there's a baby in mommy's belly and he looks at me confused and says "No" and then shows me where his baby doll is and says "here, baby".

12. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Anyone else have a lovely amount of belly bloat? Lol

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@littleblessings: OMG yes. I just got 2 sets of maternity scrubs planning ahead for Dec/Jan, but am wondering if I can justify wearing them at 8 weeks

14. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm so bloated that half of my pants are now uncomfortably tight. Only 5 weeks seems early for bloating.

15. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@JennyPenny: Thanks for the updated list!

@justjules: Congratulations! I can't decide on my thoughts between a VBAC and a repeat CS. I'll be curious to hear how your search for a new dr goes!

@littleblessings: ahhh the bloat is so real here! I'm seriously considering breaking out the belly band to make things a little more comfortable!

The exhaustion is really wiping me out. We've been watching way too much tv, which I feel a bit guilty about!

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Cautiously (and nervously) stepping into the group....

EDD: If you go by LMP, April 26. If you go by O (I o-ed really late), then it's more like April 30th.
    How far along: 4w 6d
    First Child? Third. DS1 is 3.5 and DS2 is 1.
    First Doc Apt: Friday. I'm 35, so AMA. I've also had 1 loss. My doc wants to start running tests asap.
    Any symptoms so far? nausea and (fun!) diarrhea. For whatever reason, that's how "morning sickness" seems to manifest for me.
    Who have you told? DH, my parents, a few close friends.

17. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: welcome!!

18. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

The exhaustion is out of control for me... yesterday my LO was sick and I was such a slug around the house. I couldn't even make dinner by the time DH got home so we had to get pizza.

Also, I went to a wedding and I feel like my friends were super snoops about my drinking/lack of drinking. Oh well!

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: I convinced DS1 to take a nap the other day at the same time as DS2. It was glorious!!!! The exhaustion is serious!

20. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: but I'm exhausted and then when I go to bed I can't sleep. It's so annoying! Plus I've been waking up between 4:30-5:30 no matter what time I need to get up. sigh!

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Welcome and congrats!

@psw27: My friends are the same way! They've also all been not-so-subtly asking when it was going to be time for LO2 for a while now. We're all renting a lake house together this weekend and it's going to be so hard to hide. I'm planning on buying a bottle of non-alcoholic wine, but I don't know to keep others from drinking it/figuring it out aside from hiding the bottle in my room - which is also suspicious

22. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Yeah it was annoying. I usually drink vodka soda but a few asked if it was straight up soda (which it was). Plus they served wine during dinner that I didn't touch and one of them was intently watching to see if I drank the champagne during the toast. Plus DH was being super obvious and like jabbing me during the toasts to remind me not to drink hahaa......like I would forget?!

23. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Ugh that's the worst. I get up at 4:45am for work, and it's been rough!! Hopefully you can get some rest soon.

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: oof. It's not like I would sleep in (work and toddler) but it would be nice to sleep until my 5:40 alarm.

25. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Absolutely! Any sleep is precious, if you ask me! Lol!!

26. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

At a bonfire tonight. Trying to live it up before the extreme morning sickness kicks in. What's the weather like where you are?

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@littleblessings: I'm stuck inside tonight working a night shift in the Peds ER. A bonfire sounds lovely right about now. Make sure you have some smores so we can all live vicariously through you!

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: Wow a bonfire sounds lovely. It's cooled off a bit here for the past few days so its been really nice. I don't expect it to last though. I spent last night in my garage painting the storage chests DH and I built. Not the best use of the great weather

29. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@JennyPenny: I never have trouble sleeping but now it's like every night! I'm married to an insomniac so now we're both up!

I'm feeling nauseous and emotional here and there but overall not bad. I am feeling bloated. I have a big 2 day work event in 3 weeks and a little worried about what to wear. My sister was definitely showing by 9-10 weeks when she had her third child recently but I'm not sure how I'll be. She also still has my maternity dresses so I should probably tell her I need them back soon!

30. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

EDD: not sure! I think the end of April or beginning of May 2017

How far along: 1-2 weeks

First child? No, 2nd and this would be a rainbow baby after 2 losses last year

First doctor appointment: September 21

Any symptoms so far? Not really! Maybe more emotional, but that may be from me having anxiety about this one sticking

Who have you told? Just one close couple friend. We would've told our parents but my MIL blabbed to my DH's aunt and then the whole family knew and then we miscarried and that was a mess, so we're not telling until we get an ultrasound picture!

I thought I'd join up since I'm not sure if I'm April or May. I got blood tests done for my quantitative hcg and progesterone levels Monday. I go back in this afternoon to get another draw and I'm praying that my levels will be doubled! My progesterone level was borderline so I'm on an oral progesterone. I'm really hoping this will be our sticky baby!

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Newest (maybe) symptom - I am absolutely ravenous! Yesterday I finished a pretty hearty lunch and felt like I could eat another. And I was snacking like a fiend. I've been dying for lunch since 10:30 today. I'm trying not to give in though. I gained WAY too much weight the first trimester with DS because eating carbs was the best way to keep the nausea at bay and I'm determined not to gain the same amount this time. But OMG this mama needs it to be lunch time now!

32. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Congrats and welcome! I hope your results come back good today and you'll be stuck with us April mama's for a long time to come

33. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yellowbeach: @JennyPenny: I only had like 5 s'mores. The hunger is real. Most of the people at the bonfire were drinking so I just ate as many s'mores as I could. Lol. It was a pretty good night. My hair still smells like the fire because I came home and passed out. I was up way too late.

34. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

Okay, tentatively joining!

EDD: 4/29/16

How far along: 4+4

First child? Second

First doctor appointment: TBD

Any symptoms so far? Nope! But I also have a nasty cold thanks to LO so hard to tell what else could be going on, though it does make me nervous.

Who have you told? DH

I have had a miscarriage before LO at 7 wks so I'm feeling veeeery cautious. I don't think I'll feel really pregnant until the first ultrasound (will aim for around 7 wks). It's taken us 6 mo (which has felt like forever!) so I'm really excited.

35. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Hey my fellow April mamas! Anyone experience dizziness? This is my second baby (third pregnancy) and I have never felt like this.

36. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@bubblegum: I do! Mine mostly comes when I get up from laying down, like if I get up in the middle of the night! I had it with my last pregnancy too, but not until later on!

37. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@Mamag511: I also get it from standing up. What do you do to help with the dizziness?

38. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@bubblegum: Honestly, the only thing that helps is to sit down, put my head down, and wait it out. Drinking more water has seemed to make it happen less though!

39. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@Mamag511: I'll try that. Thanks love!

40. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

8 week us in the morning. I'm very nervous but not sure why. We saw a heartbeat at the 6 week us and everything measured fine. Can we just flash forward to the 2nd trimester already, pretty please?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee