Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Okay I've literally been up all night sick. Morning sickness has no break apparently. /: this is the worst I have ever had it

2. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@psw27: thanks! 😉

3. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@yellowbeach: totally stalking this thread because you're only a week behind me but I'm in the March due date thread and omg I LOVE your announcement! So freaking cute. I'm a nurse, and just said to DH "why aren't you a nurse or doctor so we could do that?!" Hahaha. He's a teacher. Seriously so cute. Congrats!!

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Mrs. Pen: you could still do something similar but with nurse and teacher maybe like this one:

5. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@yellowbeach: oh that's cute too!

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So I think DH and I have finally sorted out the maternity/paternity leave. The plan is:

Week 1: Me & DH
    Week 2-9: Me
    Week 10-11: DH

We are limited to 12 weeks total by FMLA since we work in the same job at the same company. A friend with 3 LOs (11yo and 9yo twins born at 24 wks) recommended DH spend at least 2 weeks alone with the baby so he can not only bond on his own, but experience the full workload on his own. It also has the benefit of delaying our need for daycare. Not ideal and wishing I lived in Europe right about now, but I think it's the best solution for us.

Anyone else working through the maternity leave question?

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yellowbeach: my SO doesn't get paternity leave. He will probably have to use his vacation days when I'm in the hospital and the first week after the baby is born

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: We don't get any maternity leave at my job (though I am eligible for FMLA). DH doesn't get any leave either. Since I'm the breadwinner, unpaid FMLA isn't much of a choice. I can take a combo of sick/vaca time, but also don't have all that much saved up, since I have a 13 month old at home. It's going to be.....tough. All I keep doing is praying Hilary gets voted in and actually puts in some type of family leave within her first 100 days in office. Hey, a girl can dream!

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I forgot to mention, I had my first doctor appt last week. Had a lot of bloodwork and whatnot. I'll get the results early this week. Fingers crossed it's all good! Now I'm waiting for a call from Maternal Fetal Medicine at the hospital to schedule my first appt and ultrasound.

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas
    April 3: mrsmacSLP (#1) - 9w0d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1) - 8w5d
    April 7: Cordie (#1) - 8w3d
    April 10: PeaceLily (#1) - 8w0d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1) - 8w0d
    April 14: Megatherium (#2) - 7w3d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3) - 7w2d
    April 15: Mamag511 (#2) - 7w2d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2) - 6w6d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2) - 6w5d
    April 21: littleblessings (#3) - 6w3d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2) - 6w3d
    April 21: psw27 (#2) - 6w3d
    April 22: MissLace (#2) - 6w2d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 6w0d
    April 24: Lilac (#1) - 6w0d
    April 26: ValentineMommy (#3) - 5w5d
    April 28: justjules (#2) - 5w3d
    April 29: MenagerieMama (#2) - 5w2d
    Late April: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2)

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: That sounds like a great plan. I agree with your friend that its good to give DH some solo time with LO. I don't know much about using FMLA, especially in your special situation, but are half weeks an option? You may want to consider doing a half week or 2 splitting time with your DH to help ease yourself back into work.

12. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@yellowbeach: I like the idea of both taking some time. I don't know much about FMLA but it seems unfair that you aren't both entitled to an individual 12 weeks.

I'm considering asking to take 16 weeks instead of 12 but my husband thinks it's going to be very hard on our finances. I'll take at least 12, he thinks he'll take 2 then maybe work some half days. He primarily works from home so he thinks he can balance helping me and working. I definitely want him to be around as much as possible because I had a difficult c section recovery last time and this time we'll have an active 3 year old too!

13. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: out of curiosity, why are you seeing MFM? I am also going to be referred because LO #1 was born at 34 weeks. I have no idea what to expect - like how often I'll go, what they will be looking for, etc.

Also, I feel like crap. I have to eat constantly!

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

15. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: My leave will be basically unpaid up to 18 weeks. I can take 6 weeks of maternity and 12 weeks of FMLA. DH and I need to talk about what we can afford for me to take off though since the only way mine is "paid" is by me using sick and vacation days - which I don't have a lot banked since we have a 2 year old who catches daycare plagues and we have traveled planned already. Oh well! I am just trying not to think about it. It is a very short term problem in the grand scheme of things!

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: I actually saw MFM for my previous 2 kids. There was never any "real" reason, other than that I was adopted, and with a limited genetic background they wanted to be proactive and keep a closer eye on my babes. I do also have a genetic "disease", but it's not something serious, nor is it something that they can tell until after birth anyway. At any rate, this time I am AMA, so I'll have whatever extra testing and ultrasounds they deem necessary. I'm 35.5 .

17. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: Ah gotcha! So what do your visits entail? Just extra ultrasounds?

18. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

*happy dance* called the dr and they prescribed me fast acting nausea meds since I've literally been sick all day, every day! Praying that these things work.

19. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@littleblessings: Glad you got some meds! Hope you are feeling some relief too!

@yellowbeach: I get 12 weeks FMLA, with most of it being unpaid since I used almost all my sick time with my dd when I was on maternity leave with her. The nice thing is that I think the weeks will back up to my summer vacation - I'm a teacher, so I'm very lucky in that I'll get some extra time. I think dh gets a week, which he'll probably take at the beginning since I'll most likely have a repeat cs. It's definitely not set in stone yet for us, but I know I'll feel better when it is!

@psw27: Eating constantly is the only thing that makes me feel better! Of course it's all junk though that I want to eat, but I figure it's better than nothing!

20. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@Mamag511: I have basically been eating all day. After the gym today I felt better for about 15 minutes and then I went to CVS and had to make the most obvious pregnant person purchases ever - saltines, ginger ale, peanut butter and fig newtons (haven't eaten those in over 10 years, hello craving.)

21. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@psw27: You just inspired me to call my husband to have him ask my parents if they have any saltines. He's over there picking up our son. I'm just about 7 weeks and my goodness the nausea is hitting hard today.

22. Cordie

coffee bean / 39 posts

@Littleblessings - What a relief those meds must be!!

@psw27 - I picked up mini pizza bagels today (sorry if that sounds gross) - I seem to be eating only foods I liked as a child!

I had my first ultrasound today and it all went well!! I'm so relieved. They dated me as 8+4 but are sticking with my April 7th due date because it was only a day ahead. Heartbeat was 178 and only one bean in there. I will try to post my ultrasound pic later, but it really just looks like a gummy bear to me.

Have any of you done centering pregnancy or are thinking about doing it? The group setting appointments? I am thinking about doing this but have a while to decide.

23. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Cordie: Yay for a good appointment and ultrasound!!

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: oh yeah I had a lot of saltines and PB this afternoon, it was amazing!

25. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@Cordie: bagel bites were my savior last pregnancy. They sound so good! I'm randomly feeling good and making lasagna for dinner so it's kind of the same flavors!

So glad you had a great appointment!!

26. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

Alright! I finally made my first appointment: 9/9 I'll be about 7 weeks. Eek!

I changed OBs to a more VBAC friendly place who also have an in-house midwife practice so we'll see what my experience is like. They made me get my pregnancy "medically confirmed" aka pee on a stick in a walk-in clinic and get a certification of pregancy. I have never heard of this before, but I guess it's a big enough problem of people making appointments when they are not preggers?

27. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@Mamag511: @Cordie: I can snack all day and be sick all night and all day. If I skip snacking all day it's way worse. I'll hopefully be feeling the relief tomorrow. Pharmacy called and said the prescription was done just as they were closing and I live 20 minutes away from it.

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Extra ultrasounds, a little more monitoring, and I think some extra bloodwork/genetic screening.

@littleblessings: Yay!! What meds? I took Diclegis with DS2 up until 32 weeks....it worked amazing!

@Cordie: Yay for a good ultrasound! I can't wait for mine!!!!

As for me....exhaustion hit last night. I sat down to play with the kids after dinner last night and immediately fell asleep on the couch! Thank God for DH - he came in and occupied the boys long enough for me to get an hour nap!!

29. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: I had no idea until I go pick them up. Lol. I pretty much called in to the office and said I need medicine for morning sickness and accidentally threw up on the phone with them. There wasn't time for talk. Haha

30. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Cordie: Yay! Glad to hear your appointment went well!

@ValentineMommy: OMG, the exhaustion. I took a 30 minute nap under my desk at work yesterday because I could not keep my eyes open, then went to bed at 8 right after DS...

31. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

I had my first appointment this morning. We talked about extra monitoring for my blood pressure since I had issues last time and she asked my feelings on a VBAC or repeat C section. She was totally fine either way, so I was happy about that. I am getting my bloodwork done later today and will have my first ultrasound on Thursday!

32. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: awesome, thanks for letting me know. I'm a total type A planner type so I like to know what to expect. I hope to keep this baby cooking a little longer this time!

33. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: Oh gosh I'm so sorry you are so sick! They must have known to take you seriously when you threw up while on the phone! Hope the meds help today!

34. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: woohoo! So jealous of all of these appointments, I just want to see the little gummy bear already!

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Sure! I'm also super type A, so I totally relate.

When is everyone's first u/s? (or second)

36. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: My first US is Sep 12 and it cannot come soon enough. I'm trying so hard not to freak myself out that my symptoms are way milder than last time around so I would really love some reassurance.

37. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: Mine is hopefully on September 14th (my first appointment). Tick tock tick tock. I hate to wish the days away but I am anxious to make sure everything is going well.

@Jennypenny: I feel the same way. I felt like crap yesterday but today I feel "good" so I'm always on this roller coaster of worry if I feel too good or not as sick as last time. Every pregnancy is different though!

38. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: @psw27: I hear you. I had a blighted ovum in between my DS's, and I'm going to freak out until I see for myself that everything is in there, doing what it should.

39. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: I want to see mine too. So anxious. Lol

40. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@ValentineMommy: Mine is 9/7 - definitely counting the days!

@JennyPenny: I hear ya about putting your head down for a few at work. I had to do that today too to help me get through the day.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee