Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just a little update on Evie... her NG tube is out and she's been taking good volumes all day. If she can keep this up overnight and tomorrow, we'll get to go home from the NICU Saturday morning. I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but feeling cautiously optimistic!

2. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: aww, sweet girl! *fingers crossed* she keeps doing what she needs to in order to go home with you this weekend! Exciting!

3. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MissLace: That's too funny! I'm glad everything went well with your surgery.

@yellowbeach: Absolutely precious! She's grown so much already!

4. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@yellowbeach: She's so darn cute!!! fingers crossed you get to take your babe home!!!

5. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MissLace: Oh my gosh 😂 How are you feeling now?!

@yellowbeach: Look at that sweet face! Glad she's doing better and you will all be home soon!

6. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: I'm so glad your surgery went well, that story is so funny!!

@yellowbeach: Yay Evie! She has grown SO much! I hope you get to take your sweet girl home, that is seriously the BEST feeling.

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I'm in so much pain today. Keep waking up with painful contractions. Threatened to strangle SO if he kept moving the bed during one. This is either really extreme false labor or early labor. Not sure which yet. Thinking more along the lines of false. Not timing the contractions yet though.

8. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: have you hydrated and laid down? Might be worth calling. I never hesitate to call these days!

9. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@yellowbeach: Yay Evie! Keeps going little one!

10. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@littleblessings: I was going to say the same thing as @psw27. Maybe a warm bath as well?

11. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: @mrsmacSLP: I've been laying down and drinking lots of fluids. Still having contractions. Laying on a heating pad for the time being until I can't stand the pain any longer. If it goes away then cool. If not then I'll be in the hospital later.

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Yippee! We're home! 34 days in the NICU. Everyone is healthy (now) and happy!

13. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: welcome home Evie!!

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: if the pain is strong it probably is real labor. Have you called and asked the doc? I hope you are OK!

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: Ahhhh! Hope you get it figured out!

@yellowbeach: Yay!! So happy for y'all! I have a few of those dresses and bonnets for Annabelle (some from when I was a baby), so that pic is making me swoon

16. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@yellowbeach: welcome home evie! So happy to hear this!

17. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

DH got his wisdom teeth removed yesterday and today I took DD out for a breakfast/park/target date, which went well. But now that we're home shes crying in her room because I won't stay in there to play with her during her rest time. DH is complaining about having to eat small and slow (seriously, dude?) And lack of variety of what he can eat and I kind of lost it on him. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and you're complaining about eating ice cream and yogurt and potatoes? Ooooook. Grr. Just need to vent.

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: Yay! Welcome home!!

@littleblessings: I hope you're doing well, whether its real labor or not!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Lol, seriously. Remind him that you have to eat small and slow for the last month or two cause you're out of room and also heartburn. Oh, and 9 months of limited options...

19. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: haha men can be such babies! I would lose it too. My dh complains about being tired and I'm like..... 😒

20. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@littleblessings: How are you feeling now? Thinking of you!

@yellowbeach: Welcome home Evie! What a gorgeous baby!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Ugh! Men! Yesterday morning I hobbled to the kitchen first thing and immediately grabbed an ice pack for my wrenched 36-weeks-pregnant back. DH follows me and is like "I know, right, I should probably get an ice pack too, I must have slept wrong." Hah, buddy, at least you got some sleep... don't even start comparing your ailments to a very pregnant woman!!

21. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: @psw27: @MapleMoose: I think we're all at that point of like, "don't say anything or be prepared for glares/words." I could tell that I was super hormonal yesterday because everything made me want to cry.

I really want to play hooky from church and go see Beauty and the beast by myself, but....I shouldn't. Lol.

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Super productive weekend! Got to a point with DS1s big boy room that I can consider it done (for now). Got out, washed and organized all DS1s newborn clothes and have those put away in the nursery. Also washed all the bedding and did some other cleaning in there. And made a ton of freezer meals!! I have a personal deadline of being "ready" in 2 weeks, so it feels really good to have made so much progress

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: oh yea. I'm so at that point. I'm like oh you are sore from running? I'm wearing a 30 pound weight vest and its crushing my bladder.

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm in awe. Good for you! I'm so jealous! My new chest freezer arrives tomorrow so I'm hoping to get my stash going next weekend!

25. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@JennyPenny: Your freezer is amazing! My husband actually organized our's today so it looks good but is still pretty full of odds and ends. I've never made freezer meals but I wish I did. I'm hoping my mom cooks for us a few times like she did last time but otherwise it'll be interesting.

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: Aww! I am so glad you're all home and healthy! She is so precious!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Men are so clueless! My DH complains about his feet aching (from work) or being tired and every time it gets a huge eye roll from me. Lol!

@JennyPenny: Whoa! Look at that freezer!!!! I think all we have left to do are freezer meals, and I'd bet anything it never gets done lol!

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

2+ time moms - did/will you do a gift from the new baby to your older LOs? I remember when I first heard of this idea I came up with the perfect present. DS was super into pictures on our phones and I thought he'd love a tiny digital camera all his own. But he's not so into it now so I'm not sure it'd be a good gift. And I can't think of anything else, so I'm thinking about scrapping that plan all together.

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: We did last time, and plan on it again as well. It was a big hit last time, and DS1 still remembers what his brother got him. We are also doing gifts from the older sibs to the baby. DS1 was SO excited to pick out gifts for his sister (he also picked out the gift from DS2, who couldn't care less). DS1 is getting a fairly big lego set (he's 4 and really into legos). DS2 is getting a peppa pig and her brother george giggling stuffed toy.

29. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: wow, I am super impressed! Way to go!

I'm probably not doing any freezer meals, but we have a large group of friends and family that will put together a meal train / care calendar for us for meals for the first month or so. At least, I'm counting on that since they did it with DD1! Lol.

30. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@yellowbeach: That beautiful babe!! Congrats on finally getting home

@JennyPenny: I envy your freezer beyond belief!!!

My shower was this weekend and holy girl clothes. Every single gift was clothes, except for a few diapers and a box of bottles. Should make for an interesting shopping trip at (almost) 9 months pregnant! anddddddd baby girl's room is OFFICIALLY DONE!

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: Yikes! I've heard that is definitely more of an issue with baby girls. Hopefully the clothes are to your taste. And YAY for finished nursery!!

I was just peeking over at the March boards and it looks like they had 3 babies in the 2nd half of February. If patterns follow we should have a few babies showing up in the next week or 2!!!

32. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Yes! I was like holy crap. Welll some of it is a little funky but I figured if I don't use them I can always donate it. Yes!!! I am soooo excited! I can't believe I finally have some pink in my house

33. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Wow, impressive!! Also, I didn't do a gift to DS1 from the baby last time because he was only 20 months. I'm considering doing it this time though because he'll be 3.5 (DS2 will be 21 months, but obviously I'll include him too).

@ValentineMommy: Aww I love the idea of the older ones giving the baby something! I think DS1 would love that!

@bubblegum: Yay!! I got lots of clothes too, but some other stuff as well. It's crazy watching the pink pile up, isn't it?! Our nursery is pretty much finished, we're just waiting on the glider which should be here in 3 weeks!

34. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yes it's pretty crazy! I don't think I could fit any more clothes in her closet even if I wanted to. Hey I'm waiting on the same thing! It should be here soon

35. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I was thinking of getting DS something from the baby. He's really into Paw Patrol so maybe a new "pup" to round out his set.

@bubblegum: aw so sweet! I hope if I have a third its a girl - I'm sure I will go crazy for girl stuff if I ever have one!

I don't want to jinx myself or anything (knock on wood!) but today is 34 + 5 for me - I'm officially more pregnant than I ever have been before! DS 1 came at 34 + 4! I'm so happy I've made it this far!

36. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: We got basically the same. Almost all clothes. The past two weekends I've been at babies r us or buybuybaby getting actual essentials! And yay on the finished room!!!!

@lilteacherbee: DS1 keeps talking about when he can give his sister his gift. It's so cute!! He picked out a little stuffed princess and a soft princess castle book. He picked a Minnie teether and stuffed Minnie to be from DS2 (who is really into Mickey). He was surprisingly thoughtful when he was picking the stuff out!

37. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Aww well sending girl vibes your way for your hopeful third pregnancy! I must say the clothes are adorable. Much more variety than boy clothes that's for sure. Awww congrats to making it this far! Fingers crossed you get to make it to full term!

38. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: YES! The essentials! That's going to me this Sunday. My dad is coming down this Saturday to bring me some things so I'll wait until after this visit to go shopping. I was shocked by the amount of things I still need...maybe it's because it's my second kid so people think I have it all? Idk

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: That's exactly what it is, I think. I had to buy all new bottles this time, because after two boys, who ate non-stop, they were totally spent! Actually, after two rough boys, most of our stuff was pretty worn out! I think we are finally done shopping, at least for now!

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: So sweet!! DS1 will probably pick out a dinosaur since he says he's gonna share his dinos with her (he's obsessed)

@psw27: Yay!! So glad you've made it this far! And yes, after two boys, it's super exciting to have a girl! I was shocked because I thought I would have three boys (and still would've been over the moon for a house full of boys!). I'm currently debating which types of headbands to order on Etsy and I feel so clueless haha!

@bubblegum: @ValentineMommy: The people who bought me essential things like bottles/bibs/nursing supplies were family members who asked what I really needed. I was actually surprised I didn't get more clothes, but my mom and MIL have gone crazy buying clothes, so we're pretty set!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee