Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: exactly! Like I love the clothes don't get me wrong but it would've been sweet to get some of the essentials.

@lilteacherbee: I love when people ask what do you really need! It's the perfect opportunity to get the important things

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: Agreed. I also just flat out prefer to pick out her clothes myself. Especially after having two boys, picking out girly stuff is the best part! Lol Any chance you can return clothes you didn't love or need for store credit to use towards essentials? I did that a TON with DS1, because we aren't into sports at all, and most boy stuff is covered in sport themes!

3. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: I wish!! A lot of people did not provide gift receipts but that would've been awesome. I will be exchanging the bottles I received though because they did not get the bottles I typically use

4. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: I'd give it a shot anyway. If a store can find the skew, they will give you store credit for it, even if you don't have a receipt. The baby stores are used to it, I think!

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: I might just give it a try!

6. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: We gave DD1 a little gift to open when my parents brought her to visit and see her baby sister in the hospital. We'll do that again for DD1 and DD2 when they come to visit in the hospital. I bought a variety of big sister and new baby books because my girls are obsessed with reading. Then they can take the books back to Grammy's house and have special books to read and talk about. And we can read them together while I'm nursing DS.

7. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MapleMoose: I'm thinking of doing something similar with DD. I just had a super successful usborne books party and I think I'm going to save a few for little sister to give her at the hospital.

8. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

A little update from me. Still having contractions consistently but they aren't progressing in pain or getting closer together. I am able to sleep but have to take Tylenol PM to ease the pain. I have a Drs appointment tomorrow and will talk to the dr about things then. I'm expecting him to tell me the 5-1-1 thing. Contractions every 5 minutes, 1 minute in duration for an hour.

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: for whatever it's worth, I had prodromal labor with ds2 for over two weeks. I had (non productive) contractions every 5 minutes the entire time. It was....difficult. Hopefully that's not the case with you, and you can get the contractions to settle down!! I would call the doc if they don't settle down in a few hours.

10. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Maternity pic preview! I didn't include any that had our faces.

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Pretty! Love the dress!

@bubblegum: @psw27: @ValentineMommy: yeah, if #3 is a girl I know everyone is gonna be all about buying girl clothes. But I want to pick them myself too!

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas

April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1 ) - 38w2d
    April 5: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 37w6d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 37w4d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1) - 36w5d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2) - 36w5d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3 ) - 36w3d
    April 17 (induction April 12): littleblessings (#3 ) - 36w1d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 36w0d
    April 19 (c-section April 18): bubblegum (#2 ) - 35w6d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2 ) - 35w4d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 35w3d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 35w1d
    April 25: betsyr25 (#2) - 35w0d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 34w6d
    April 26 (c-section April 19): ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 34w6d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2 ) - 34w5d
    April 28: justjules (#2 ) - 34w4d
    May 10 (c-section May 4): lilteacherbee (#3 ) - 32w6d

Sweet Arrivals

February 12: yellowbeach (#1 ) - Evie

: 8 : 6 : 1

13. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: I hope you start to feel better and get some answers at the doctor today! I'm glad to hear that LO is still cooking! You are 36 weeks tomorrow right? So close to completely full term, I'm sure she would be completely healthy even if she arrived.

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: Wonderful pics! I love your dress.

15. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I love how we are both like "if baby #3 is a girl....." I really should be taking it one baby at a time LOL

16. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: I hear you and you should because everyone does not have the same taste as I have learned lol

17. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: STUNNING!

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Haha! So true. If I recall correctly our DS1s are the same age too, so maybe we'll be on a board together in the future desperately curious to find out the sex of our #3s.

19. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: hahaha yup! LO is an August 2014 baby. And then we'll have these boys... so maybe in 2019 we'll be back on the boards. (Or maybe not! I'm so tired already!)

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: @psw27: @bubblegum: Thank you!!

21. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Here's one of my boys....

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Aww so sweet. Makes me excited to have two brothers for pics like this

23. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Oh my gosh 😍 Love them! And your boys are adorable!!

24. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm still in shock that DS2 sat in a chair for more than 3 seconds lol! Even though he wasn't looking!

@lilteacherbee: Thank you!!

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I think baby might have engaged this morning. I went from being able to contain my waddle to having no such luck. I also have some shooting pain in what I think is my femoral nerve and my friend said that's a sign baby is head down. I can't tell cause my belly has been rock hard all day. I don't want to get hopes up too much but man it would be so nice to have this baby soon!

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Whoohoo!! Any feeling on whether or not you're going to go early? With DS1, I was a FTM and didn't really think much of it (made it to sched csec), and with DS2, I had a nagging feeling he was coming early (and he did). This time, I don't have any feelings about it, but man I am SO uncomfortable!

When people talk about "slowing down" in the last month of pregnancy, I don't think they meant THIS slow. I am having trouble doing just about everything this time! I get winded doing everything, including sitting down. I am so uncomfortable!

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: no "motherly intuition" just wishful thinking Since he's been measuring big I did think he might be early, but a HB poll suggested people were just as likely to go late with big babies

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: How big is he measuring?

29. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Fingers crossed!!

@ValentineMommy: Hahaha right there with ya! I answered the phone the other day and DH was like "are you okay?!" When I asked what he meant he said I sounded out of breath. I guess walking across the house to get my phone was too much 😳 I'm soooo exhausted this time around. DS2 never stops moving and is generally just more active than DS1 was at this age. I feel like I spend 95% of my day chasing him around lol (it's nap time now and I'm literally not moving until one of them wakes up 😂)

30. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: Right???? That's exactly how mine are....DS2 is SO much more active than DS1 ever was. And since DS1 doesnt nap anymore.....I'm exhausted. I'm at the point where I don't even feel like eating because I already feel so much pressure on my upper stomach/lungs.....it feels like I'm suffocating!

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: He was 1 week big at 11 weeks. 2 weeks big at 20 weeks and 3 weeks big at 34 weeks...

32. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: soooo slow!! This is horrible. Time is going by as slow as sin!

33. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: @ValentineMommy: I am so slow now! I went downstairs to turn off the lights and had to climb the two flights back to our bedroom and my DH was like are you okay? I guess I was panting a lot from the stairs!

Anyone else randomly wake up in the middle of the night and just lay there? I've been doing this a few days a week now where I"m awake for 1-2 hours. I get up to go to the bathroom and then my anxiety likes to get going about making it to full term. As if I wasn't tired already!

34. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: time is really going by SO slowly lately. Can it at least be APRIL already?!

35. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: YES YES AND YES!!! Like April where the hell are you?!

36. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@psw27: @bubblegum: Yessss. So slow! I have 6 weeks until my c-section and that seems like forever at this point! I've scheduled a lot of photography sessions from now until mid-April, so hopefully that will help time pass a little quicker. I have two newborn girls next week, so I have a feeling the tiny squishy-ness is gonna make me even more ready!

@ValentineMommy: Oh my gosh, yes. I have no more room 😬

37. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: March is the worst. Particularly in New England. It's never ending, long full work weeks with no days off...... ugh! There are still 10 freakin days left in this never ending month!!

38. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: I only have 4 weeks exactly until mine but jeez it's like it's never going to get here! I hope that helps speed along your weeks!
    @psw27: I feel your pain! I have only 19 more days left of week if I don't include the weekends! But it feels like 91 more days at this point. I am just ready to go. I feel too big!

39. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: aw newborns would definitely make me even more antsy! My friend just had a baby last Monday and I want to go meet him but I'll probably never want to give him back. I'm so jealous she's done being pregnant!

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: So officially less than a month for you?! You can do it!! Although I know that last month is sooo dang slow! I've been counting down the days since we scheduled the RCS and it kinda helps to think about it that way... 44 days left!

@psw27: Haha my best friend had her daughter 7 weeks after my son was born. When she came to visit me in the hospital, she was so ready to be done!!

I've always missed being pregnant when it's over, but I don't know about this time! It's so much harder chasing around two kids and feeling huge/tired/etc. I mean, I hope I don't really miss it because this is the last baby!! (I'm notorious for getting baby fever when mine are still babies...hence why they're all 20-21 months apart )

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee