Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrswilson2012: I'm right there with you. I'm exhausted and SO uncomfortable. We are almost there!!!

@mrsmacSLP: Way to go mama!!!! You're all set!!!!!

@littleblessings: So glad you're in the house! Now onto nesting!!!

@bubblegum: I'm sure you'll get lots of girly stuff! I had a small sprinkle and we got SO many cute girly clothes....it's so exciting! I'm sure yours will be awesome!

@JennyPenny: So weird - I just had a dream about baby coming the other night too! I dreamt that my mucus plug came out and I went into labor shortly after....I woke up and felt the baby turn (her little hiccups were on my pubic bone)! I've been super uncomfortable walking and moving around since.

34 weeks this week for me! We got a ton done this weekend (set up the swing, bouncer, pack n play, and got the car seat ready to install) and there's only small stuff left on the to-do now. I'm getting super excited!

2. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: oh man, I can't imagine traveling for work at this point. And yes, chasing the 2 year old has gotten really, really challenging the last couple weeks. I feel like a bad mommy but on some of these long days I just have to park him in front of the TV. I can't sit on the floor with him to play at this point.

@lilteacherbee: that is so frustrating about the paint! The same thing happened to us in our hallway so now its all spotty and looks worse than before we tried to touch it up. Hope it all gets finished soon!

3. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Score one for you mama bear you got him to do it!
    Oh no!! Hopefully it's nothing to bad.

@lilteacherbee: Nooooo!!! Ugh well hopefully he gets it done asap! Aww good I'm glad your sprinkle was a great outcome.

@JennyPenny: Ohhh that would annoyed the heck out of me! lol

4. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thanks love! I hope so!

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas

April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1 ) - 37w1d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 36w3d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 36w0d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1) - 35w4d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2) - 35w4d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3 ) - 35w2d
    April 17 (induction April 12): littleblessings (#3 ) - 35w0d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 34w6d
    April 19 (c-section April 18): bubblegum (#2 ) - 34w5d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2 ) - 34w3d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 34w2d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 34w0d
    April 25: betsyr25 (#2) - 33w6d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 33w5d
    April 26 (c-section April 19): ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 33w5d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2 ) - 33w4d
    April 28: justjules (#2 ) - 33w3d
    May 10 (c-section May 4): lilteacherbee (#3 ) - 31w5d

sweet Arrivals

February 12: yellowbeach (#1 ) - Evie

: 8 : 6 : 1

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Had my 34 week appointment today. Everything looks good, but baby is currently breech. Dr said most babies still flip at this point so he's not worried, but doing lots of walking can help. He also suggested I bump up my use of stretch mark creams cause my skin is looking tight!! yikes!!

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

35 week appointment today. Signed papers for a tubal. Dr said he will no longer stop my labor. 30 days til induction.

8. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@littleblessings: OMG! Did your heart sink a little when you signed the papers?

9. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Just got back from my 34 week appointment. They put me on the monitor since my LOs heart rate was over 180 (eek) but it turned out he was just doing crazy gymnastics and causing the contractions. They checked and I'm not dilated so more nuisance contractions and everything looked great otherwise! Phew! Keep cooking little one!

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: whew, big step! I can't believe we're all so close!

@psw27: Yay! Glad there's no sign of imminent arrival. Seems like there has to be a lot of feelings associated with making it further along this pregnancy than last...

11. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm a bit superstitious about hitting 34w4d (Sunday!) I'll be nervous all day I bet... I'm really hopeful and a little emotional about it though. I know that my older son did great and is an awesome, healthy little guy so this guy would be okay too. Now if these darn contractions would die down, that would be great.

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@psw27: My goal is to break my little Evie out of the NICU before anyone else in our April group delivers.

Today we finally were given a sense of how much longer she might be there. At the latest, we will go home on March 22. They are hoping she will keep taking more milk by mouth so they can remove her NG tube and go home sooner. But, if she doesn't, we will go home the morning of the 22nd with the NG tube in and training on how to manage it at home. I'm so happy we at least have a light at the end of this tunnel.

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

I know more ladies in our birth group have amazing in-process nurseries to share with everyone. Consider posting your progress on the April 2017 nursery board: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/april-2017-nurseries

14. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@yellowbeach: that is so exciting that Evie has a come home date!

I think I may have had my first pre labor contraction tonight. I winced at the pain but that was it and it never happened again. I'm going through a lot of stress and plan to take Friday off this week (aka work from home). My Grandma was just diagnosed with lung cancer (both lungs), spine and brain cancer and I can't fly to see her. Hoping the little guy makes it here to go see her. I can't have him not meet her, it's not an option in my book.

15. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: I like goals! I hope she breaks free from the nicu even sooner. How are you doing? Managing okay? I've been thinking about you!

@mrsmacSLP: I am so sorry about your grandma. 😢 I hope LO gets to meet her soon!

16. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@bubblegum: yes it did but I know that it is what is best for me and my family. Each pregnancy has gotten harder and harder on my body. It's better this way.

17. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: 29 days until my induction. I can't believe it

18. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: That's great that you finally have a date!!!

@mrsmacSLP: Oh no, so sorry to hear about your grandma! Fingers crossed your LO makes it in time to visit her!

Had my growth scan yesterday! She's weighing almost 5 pounds (if you believe their measurements) and measured at 35.5 weeks (I'm 33.5w, so she's measuring 2 weeks ahead). I'm not particularly surprised since DS1 was over 9 pounds. I have 35 days left to go!!!

19. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@ValentineMommy: I have a growth scan on Thursday! This was around the time they told me my son was 7.5 lbs at 36 weeks. In the end he was "only" 8 lb 10 oz at birth four weeks later. Since he was larger, they want to see how big this baby is since I want to vbac. Also need to be monitored for my diabetes but my sugars have been good so I'm hoping baby isn't affected. I know if baby looks huge and if my sugars spike, there's a good chnace the doctors will want to deliver early and I really don't want that.

20. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm glad you have a date and plan for getting Evie home. At first Mar 22 seemed still far away but I just noticed its only a week! That's so exciting! (and terrifying cause I thought I had more March left )

@mrsmacSLP: I'm so sorry about your grandma. I hope you're able to have LO meet her. *hugs*

@ValentineMommy: @MOMTOLITTLEB: Hooray for big babies! Though my US showed LO to be giant, my OB yesterday said by feel he seems average. I have no idea what to trust...

21. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yay!! At my 28 week scan, DD measured 3 lbs even and I have another one at 34 weeks. I have a feeling she'll be big-ish like her brothers.

@littleblessings: Eeek! I'm sure I'll be having the same feelings when DH gets snipped later this year. I'm pretty confident I'm done after 3 kids, but it's still weird closing that door!

@yellowbeach: Glad she's doing well and will be home soon!! How are you feeling?

@mrsmacSLP: So sorry to hear about your grandma

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: @lilteacherbee: Good luck on your scans!

@JennyPenny: I don't trust the scans (as far as size) at all lol. Even by feel, my doctors were off with both boys! They told me DS1 was average sized - prob 7-8 pounds. He was over 9. They told me DS2 would also be big, like DS1....and he was 7lbs8oz. They're totally flying by the seat of their pants! Lol!

23. mrswilson2012

grape / 93 posts

@JennyPenny: My due date has been moved up to 04/05.

@mrsmacSLP: So sorry to hear about your grandma. Keeping your family in my prayers.

@ValentineMommy: My EDD was recently moved up due to the growth scan I had last week. Good to know that it can be completely off. I had no idea!

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm feeling loo% back to normal, except for my long-lost abs. Not sure that will ever quite be the same. The only thing stressing/weighing heavily on my mind is that every day in the NICU is a day less that we have at home together to work on a routine and generally figure out how to be a mom. I'm scared my time will come to go back to work and we'll have just gotten started.

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

You guys! I got my maternity photos back and I am in looooove. Here are a few of my favorites

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrswilson2012: I'll have the new date next time I post the list! I'm jealous they moved your date up because of size, I keep hoping mine would do that...

27. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm sure that's hard I wish the US had better maternity leave options...it's ridiculous. Oh, and after DS1, I lost all the weight plus some and because I went to the gym, I had actually had abs for the first time in forever! After DS2, I lost the weight but was still somewhat squishy.

@JennyPenny: Love them!! Your LO is adorable!!

28. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: these are great! ♥

29. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: soooo cute!

Went for my 34 week check up today and we have a (sort-of) plan. We're doing a 36 wk growth scan to guess how big baby is and from there, we will schedule a c section for April 23rd, or try for a vbac! I'm not sure which I'd prefer, which I guess is a good thing so I won't be disappointed. The only thing I'm really hoping for its an April birthday, but that's pretty minor.

30. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Love them! We keep pushing ours back due to the weather here!

DH was home from work yesterday because of the "snow" and got a bunch done! Bassinest is set up in our room, nursery is ready to go (with the exception of the missing custom dressers), hospital bag is 75% packed! We're getting there! I really need to get a move on with the freezer meals I want to do....otherwise I'm afraid my family may starve after the baby comes lol!

31. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@littleblessings: Aww well good for you for making the right call.

32. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: sOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

33. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I feel the same way about c section or VBAC. I sort of think of a repeat c section as more known and VBAC as the scary unknown, but I know my recovery last time was rough. It just seems like I should try for VBAC unless there's a reason not to!

34. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Yay for a plan!

@ValentineMommy: Woohoo!! I've been pretty productive, too. The nursery is painted, curtains are up, and dresser/changing table are moved in! Possibly moving the crib in tonight and hanging some things on the wall. Tomorrow, my mom and I are going shopping for a few newborn things. Only 7 weeks left 😬❤

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Just checked our grocery store's weekly ads and chicken is going to be on sale this weekend. So I'm going to aim to do my freezer meal bonanza this weekend. I plan to knock out:
    Chicken and Biscuits
    Chicken and Rice Casserole
    Chick Parm Bake
    Chicken Pesto Shells
    Chicken Taquitos
    Chicken Enchiladas

Already made and frozen I've got:
    Beef Stroganoff
    Chicken Teriyaki
    Turkey Taco Soup
    Chili
    Lasagna

36. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: wow! I'm so impressed by your energy to get all of this done! I am so useless on the weekends since I'm with my toddler solo a lot. My goal is to make 1 meal a weekend that I can freeze... Need to step it up ASAP.

37. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: You are my hero!! I really really want to make frozen meals before the baby comes!

I just realized I only have three weeks of work left (not counting the weekends) I'm soooo excited! I feel like this is the point where everything starts to slow down! Like once the shower is over I'll be in slow mode the whole way through.

38. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: I told DH that if he wants to eat anything other than fast food from April - July that I need one full day where he takes DS

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Way to go! You're so on top of it. I'm still trying to get my food shopping list and recipe list in order lol!

40. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Hey ladies! It's been a little while since I posted, so here's an update...

I'm currently 34w4d today and had my stent replacement surgery this afternoon. They were monitoring the baby and I was having contractions consistently every 3 minutes for about 2 hours but I couldn't actually feel most of them and nobody seemed concerned. Also after the surgery while I was waiting for the spinal tap to wear off I got up to attempt standing and walking to the bathroom (with the nurse) and as soon as I stood up I started uncontrollably peeing on the floor but couldn't actually feel it happening! I just kept asking the nurse AM I PEEING right now?! It was pretty hilarious, but at least it wasn't my water breaking!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee