Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Love!! I did maternity photos with my first baby. Now that I'm a photographer, I'm terrible and have taken exactly one bump pic I will say that I'm spending a small fortune getting ready for her newborn sessions. Newborns are my absolute favorite to shoot and I'm just so excited!! Plus, the newborn girl stuff is killing me

@littleblessings: Yay!! After my sprinkle next weekend, we'll order the last of what we need. I think then it will start seeming real!

2. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Invites were sent out for our sprinkle on April 1st today! Also, our garage sale is next weekend finally, so we can get rid of all this crap and clear out her room finally and I can bug DH to move all the furniture around and build everything. Can't wait!

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: I actually hadn't planned to do it this time around, but DH insisted that we try our best to do the same photography we did for DS, especially professional. Which is good because I absolutely failed at weekly bump shots this time around. I can only imagine how much fun it'd be to stage your own little girl newborn shoot. I would go crazy with flowers, frills, and lace I'm sure

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just an update on Evie and I:

Evie would have been 35w3d today if she had stayed in. Crazy to think about. While part of me isn't sad to have missed those super uncomfortable last 8 weeks of pregnancy, I do feel like if I had known I wouldn't get to feel those sweet little kicks inside of me, I would have stopped to appreciate them a bit more. Now that she's here with us, I can see those long legs and understand why those kicks to the liver and ribs were particularly jarring.

Overall she's making slow progress. She's hovering around 103% of her birth weight which was 4lbs 3oz. We are just working on feeding and gaining weight, as well as temperature regulation. When I go in to see her today, I expect they will have weaned her from the closed incubator to an open one with no lid. As for feeding, she's getting 45mL of breastmilk every 3 hrs, and taking about 50% of that via a bottle, and the other 50% via an NG tube. We still need to learn how to breastfeed. We still don't have a discharge date, but it's looking like 1-2 weeks from now if I had to guess.

As for me, I returned to work on Monday. Everyone (especially all the nurses who have had babies) thought I was crazy to be back 2 weeks after a vaginal delivery. I wanted to say, "I know, trust me, if the US had any protections for maternity leave in this f$%^ing country, I wouldn't be here." I'm glad my employer is being accommodating, but I'm also angry that due to limited maternity leave, my child is in the ICU and I can't be there with her like every bone in my body tells me I should be. I spent a good portion of yesterday in tears. I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I know we'll get there eventually. That's all you can do, right? That and remind yourself it could always be worse. At least she's alive, at least she was 32w and not 23w like her NICU neighbor.

Sorry for the rant, I'm happy and appreciative, but I'm also sad, angry, confused, scared and impatient, all on top of normal pregnancy hormones.

5. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm so glad you updated us, I've been thinking about you. Sounds like overall Evie is doing great! Has she had any spells/breathing issues? That was our biggest delay in leaving the nicu. I hope you get to take her home soon!

I'm so sorry you are back at work. It's inhumane and ridiculous that there aren't better policies in place for families. It is so painful to be away from your lo when they are in the nicu. You definitely have to take it day by day to get through those long days. Xo. I'm here if you need to vent, I've been there. I did a lot of crying on the drive home from the hospital

6. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@yellowbeach: Oh Evie, aren't you just the cutest little thing?! I'm glad she's improving but I am so sorry you had to return to work! The US stinks at any and all maternity leave options. Wishing you the best and healing thoughts for Evie!

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

34 weeks tomorrow! I've been setting goals. I want to at least make it to 36 weeks or more so I'm really freaking happy that I reach my next goal mark tomorrow.

8. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@littleblessings: yay!

We just hit the 36 week mark today! Family baby shower was yesterday and it was perfect, small and intimate! I've got three all day conferences to attend this week (M/W/F) and a work shower (Th) and last little mans God parents wedding day Saturday! I'm starting to wonder if I should remove myself from work sooner-I'm so exhausted and I feel like I need to nest! Maybe I'll take a day off soon...

9. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@mrsmacSLP: taking a day off wouldn't be a bad idea. I would do it.

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: Awww, hello cutie!! She looks great! I'm so sorry you have to be back at work. The US parental leave policies make me furious - especially in cases like yours. I could rant for hours about it. Ugh!!

As for me, I've started making some freezer meal progress which feels good. DS will hopefully be in his big boy room sometime next week so I can to work on tidying the nursery and getting set up. HOWEVER, our 100% perfect angel sleeper child decided to throw us all for a loop with "something scary" in his room. We spent 2.5 hours trying to get him to sleep in there before giving up and taking him into our bed. I'm terrified because this is awful timing for a sleep regression. Please, please, please, let this be a one night fluke...

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yellowbeach: She's beautiful! I'm glad she's making progress! And I agree- maternity leave here is terrible. I went back to work at 8 weeks after my first and it was super hard, so I can only imagine how you feel.

@littleblessings: That's a great milestone!

@JennyPenny: Yikes! Hope it was a random one night fluke! DS1 is a unicorn sleeper and it always freaks me out when he's up all night on the rare occasion.

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

DH cleared out the nursery yesterday, put her dresser together, and he's painting tonight 🙌 My sprinkle is Sunday, so after that, we'll move the crib/changing table in and set everything up. Can't believe we're so close!

13. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Love the teaser!! We are supposed to be doing family/maternity pics this weekend, but the weather is going to be awful, so I'm not sure what's going to happen! It's going to be an interesting time wrangling the two boys and taking pics! Oh man, I really need to get on my freezer meal prep. It's constantly on my to-do list, but gets pushed off every single day! As for your son and his sleep.....do you know what it is that's scaring him? We did one of those "monster sprays" (although in our case it was bugs DS was afraid of) in his room before bed and it totally stopped his fear. We actually just used febreeze spray. Lol

@yellowbeach: So glad for the update...and she is just SO precious. I'm glad she's doing well. I can't even imagine what it's like to go back at 2w pp and all that you're struggling through. When she is released from the hospital, are you going to take some time at home with her or are you going to keep working? So many hugs, mama! You're doing great!

@littleblessings: Yay! You're almost there! As for the painful kicks - omg yes. I keep telling my doctor I'm positive this baby is like 10+lbs. Lol

@mrsmacSLP: I would take the day off, if you can! Sounds like it's much needed! I keep looking at my maternity "leave" plan for work and lamenting to myself about how I'm not taking a single day off before my scheduled csec. I'll be working Tuesday, and having her Wednesday morning.....it just seems....crappy. Lol But then again, DS2 came early. I had worked until 4pm and had him at 9:30pm, so I guess you never know!

@lilteacherbee: Whoohoo! That's great you've got so much done! How does your DS2 sleep? My DS1 is a unicorn sleeper too, and DS2 doesn't do bad at all, but wasn't as easy as DS1. I'm scared to see how DD is! Lol

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: Woohoo! I have a countdown on my desk at work for hitting 36 weeks too (23 days for me!). I find it really helps my anxiety to rip off another day's post it note and see a smaller number. You'll get there! How did/is the move going?

@JennyPenny: I just made some extra meatballs and sauce for the freezer last night, I felt so productive! I am going to try to add one meal every weekend... we'll see. Fingers crossed your son just had an off night and it isn't the start of any sort of regression!

15. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: I kind of think he's faking the scary thing. Most of the time he was just saying "I don't want to sleep in my room, I want to sleep with mama". And would throw in a scary every now and then. We did a "scary dance" to get rid of all the scary things and it had no effect. He also could not say what was scary.

16. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@yellowbeach: Look at that beautiful girl!! I'm so sorry you have to return back to work. That seems super unfair especially when you have a baby who needs her mama. Hang in there and hopefully she's home soon

17. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

THE BABY'S ROOM IS DONE!!!!! Just have to put some more decorative pieces and set up the crib which someone has bought as a gift. I'm soooo thrilled! I washed the majority of her clothes just waiting on the shower to wash anything else we get. I can't believe we're getting there. What's new for everyone else?

18. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: DS2 is a great sleeper now, but he was terrible as a baby. He still woke up 2-3 times a night until about 13 months. Now, he sleeps 7:30-7:30/8 with a 1.5-2 hour nap. DS1 STTN starting at 3 months, so I'm kinda scared each baby is getting progressively worse 😆

@bubblegum: Wooohooo! This will hopefully be us in a week! I can't wait to have it all finished!

19. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yay!! Fingers crossed for you guys! Did you already have your shower or sprinkle?

20. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: It's this Sunday! We have all the furniture, except the glider, in the house (it's just not all in the nursery yet). DH is painting tonight, so after the sprinkle, I'll just have to move everything in and organize!

21. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Omg lucky you!! I have to wait until the 18th! whaaaa no way! Good for you. That's awesome. What color is he painting the room?!

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: I'm excited! It's pinkish/coral. This is the bedding set, so it will look pretty similar to this! It's still kinda surreal that I'm actually having a girl haha. Of course, I'm re-decorating the boys' room too, so they're getting new dinosaur bedding and decor 😜

23. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: How cute is that!!! Aww this is your first girl?!

24. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: Yep, my boys are 3 and 19 months

25. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Awww those are some fun ages you have there! My DS will turn 3 a month after baby girl arrives. He totally does not understand that a baby is coming but hearing him say sissy melts my heart!

26. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: Aww, so sweet! Yeah, DS1 will be 3.5 when she's born and he understands way more than he did when his brother was born (he was only 20 months).

27. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Awww how excited is he?!

28. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: He kisses and hugs her goodnight every night and talks about how he's gonna play with her (ha, I think he assumes she's gonna come out like a one year old ).

29. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Pretty mad right now. Bought chicken just for there to be a recall after we ate it. SO had to call in today because he was occupying the bathroom all day. It hasn't hit the kids or I yet and I'm hoping it doesn't. We ate a lot less than he did. DD1 has kindergarten round up tomorrow and we are still moving. No time to be sick.

30. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Weird question but is anyone thinking about birth control yet? I know it's a topic of my next appointment.

31. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: Oh no, hopefully you and the kids don't get it! My doc just asked me at my last appt about having my tubes tied (I quickly declined....DH has get snipped if he wants though). Other than that, we haven't really discussed BC. We will prob just go to condoms until DH gets sick of it and gets snipped lol.

So, I'm having AWFUL back pain today and lots of BH. I want to curl up in a ball for the rest of the day!

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: Oh no! I had food poisoning at the end of my pregnancy with DS2 and it was miserable 😫Hope you escape it!

Since we know this is our last baby, DH is getting snipped. I haven't been on birth control since we started TTC the first time 5 years ago. Before that, I was on it for years and I didn't realize how awful it made me feel until I came off of it, so I really don't wanna do that again. DS1 took over a year to conceive but the second and third babies happened as soon as I got my period back postpartum (they were both conceived around 12 months pp), soooo I feel like we need to do something haha

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: Yikes! Fingers crossed you and the kiddos can avoid it. My doc hasn't asked about it yet, but I did the mini pill then regular pill once I was done nursing. I'll probably go that route again. IUDs sound so much more awesome, but kind of freak me out...

@ValentineMommy: Ugh, I hope you can get some relief. I've been having way more contractions lately, and they last forever. My tummy will be tight for an hour or 2 at a time. Not comfy at all...

34. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@littleblessings: that sounds awful! Praying it skips you at the very least!

We've decided to try the IUD option as we're not sure if we'll be one and done yet. If we decide to be done after three years he'll get snipped. Our midwives suggest this option because of how long an IUD can last, but I still fear how awful some of my friends have had it. If it doesn't work I'll go back on the pills.

35. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: Oh no! How are you feeling? Everyone staying healthy? Ugh.... Just what you need.

Agree with @lilteacherbee about BC. I didn't realize how much I wasn't myself/hated being on it until I was off of it. It took a full year off for my cycles to be normal. I'm not sure if this is my last baby, but we will just use condoms (and eventually I will chart once I'm regular) until we know what we want to do. I think it'll be hard for me to take any permanent measures since I'm so indecisive about how many kids I want!

@ValentineMommy: Have you talked to your doctor about the BH and back pain? I only ask because BH coupled with back pain could mean they are "real" contractions. Back pain is always what my doc says to look out for since I have a billion BH and an irritable uterus. I'm sure it's nothing but I am so paranoid about preterm labor - don't let my crazy pass on to you if you think everything is fine!

36. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: How sweet is he!!!

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: That's exactly what happens to me at nighttime - tight tummy for at least an hour. It's so painful!

@psw27: I haven't though I've been thinking about it. The back pain hasn't eased up at all today, although the BH seem to have. I did sleep in a different position last night, so I'm hoping that's what did it.....if it doesn't feel any better by tomorrow, I'll definitely be calling.

38. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

I'm having a rough parenting day over here. Went to the car to take DD to story time at the library and turns out, she had messed with the light in the car and left the light on, so my battery was completely dead. DD was SO upset, but I'm hoping this taught her a lesson not to mess with the light like I've told her a million times not to. I'm also thankful we didn't get stranded out somewhere.

Also, she had meltdown after meltdown for about 20 min straight and I was on the verge of tears myself. Counting down the min till nap time. Sigh.

39. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: How are you feeling today? I was just thinking about you - one day a few weeks ago I was super duper uncomfortable and my back was killing. I told my nurse and she suspected that was the day that LO decided to finally flip into position. Could it be that?

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Hope the rest of your day went better. We've had a lot of those emotional meltdowns lately. And I've been doing a lot of naptime/bedtime countdowns.

40. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@psw27: She took a nap, but bedtime was AWFUL. My DH said he had never seen her like that before. Screaming, kicking, etc. Seriously possessed. She didn't fall asleep until 945! Ugh. I'm hoping it's a rare occurrence and this doesn't mean I have to cut off naps.

@littleblessings: I hope you didn't end up getting sick!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee