Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: @lilteacherbee: Thank you! He will... it's all i my head so I just have to relax and hope for the best! I'll probably end up 41 weeks pregnant this time, just to spite myself!

@JennyPenny: mmm I feel ya on the commentary. [eye rolls] I'm very over that crap as well.

2. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

I'm almost 30 weeks and getting excited! DH and I are sending the boys to the grandparents this weekend so we can have a date night and then spend Sunday working on the nursery! The bedding/curtains have been ordered and paint color is chosen, so we just need to get everything out of there (it has been our "throw everything random in here" room since we bought the house two years ago). We have to move DS1 to a twin bed in the next few weeks, so hopefully that's not a disaster. Also, my sprinkle is in two weeks so that's exciting!

Physically, I'm exhausted all the time, but hanging in there. My boys have been playing well together lately, so I can take somewhat of a break every once in a while.

66 days until she's here

3. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@ValentineMommy: Hope everything is okay with the heart monitoring. I have low blood sugar and low blood pressure too (even when not pregnant) so I know exactly how icky it makes you feel. I can usually keep my blood sugar up by eating frequently and lots of protein but sometimes it still drops. Super annoying!

@JennyPenny: Seriously, people see a baby bump and think they can blurt out whatever they want. We don't want your free medical advice!!

@littleblessings: Congratulations on the new place!

@bubblegum: You go mama! I just need to sterilize my pump parts, and clean the infant carseat and Rock-n-Play. We already moved the girls into the "Sister Room" which they love, so there wasn't much to do to the nursery. I shopped the sales and bought a bunch of new boy clothes so I am set for newborn through 9 months. I've also been stocking up on diapers during sales so I have newborn, size 1, and size 2 in my stash.

4. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Aww that sucks to have miss your deadline but I have faith you'll get it done! Awww yay!!! Can't wait to see those sneak peeks I bet they're amazing!

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Hahahah probably! Which wouldn't be the worst thing! These babies are tricksters

6. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yay!!! You're almost there! Super smart idea in taking some you and hubby time and time to get the baby's room ready!!

7. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: Thank you!! Omg lucky you!!! Aren't you on the ball! I wish I had a little stock pile going! You go girl!! Getting things done, I see you!!

8. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Thank you all for the well wishes. We are just waiting for consumers to turn the power on and then we can start the big move.

Had an appointment today. Her heart rate was 145-150 and it literally sounded like a train. Dr said after my next appointment he won't be stopping my labor. Cue nerves now!

9. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@littleblessings: That just made me super nervous for you!!!

10. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Anyone else experience "lightning crotch" yet? I never felt it with my first baby but just today I've felt it a handful of times. I usually walk a mile to the train station from work and I made it about a quarter of a mile and had to call an Uber because I couldn't walk. He's since done it 3 more times on the ride home. Ouch!

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MissLace: Just a handful of times this pregnancy. I got it all the time with my first though. Startling and quite unpleasant!!

12. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@bubblegum: my biggest concern is taking care of DDs bussing for school and getting the most important things moved first. Aka beds and such. Still waiting on keys. Consumers went through and turned the power on today.

13. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@JennyPenny: ditto on the opinions of others. I went to Costco on Saturday and someone felt the need to touch me. Full blown stranger. As someone who teaches social skills for a living I immediate responded with "that's unexpected, please don't touch me or anyone else you do not know without asking."

@littleblessings: ahhh that's so exciting but nerve racking all at the same time!

@MissLace: that sounds so unpleasant! I have never even heard of lightening crotch! I'll hope I skip that part of pregnancy!

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Wow! I wish I had the guts to say something like that. Hopefully the stranger really listened and thought about how weird it is to just touch a stranger...

15. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MapleMoose: Thank you!!! It's so hard to eat so often for me! With two little ones running around, sometimes it's hard to remember to eat at all! I know it definitely doesn't help my situation, so I try....but it's hard! And I'm totally with you on stocking up and stalking sales - DD's closet is ridiculously full. We have clothes up to......18 months! lol!

@MissLace: I got that a lot in the 2nd trimester this pregnancy....not fun at all! I think now DD is up really high, cause my main problems now are heartburn and feeling like I can't breathe at all. It's awful though - hopefully it doesn't happen too often for you!

@littleblessings: So exciting!!!

@mrsmacSLP: omg, I love your response!! I never know what to say in the moment!

According to my countdown app, I have 49 days and 21 hours left to go!

16. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@littleblessings: I can imagine! I hope the process goes as smoothly as possible!

17. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: 49 days for me too!!!!

18. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Wow that is a great response. I need to remember that. I only respond well when I have something in my mind already.... I'm getting better at responding to the "you are so big" comments that my admin at work and MIL both feel the need to make. I have a few stock answers now "I'm growing a healthy baby boy!" "I'm pretty tiny so there is no where for this guy to go but out!" or "Nope, I'm just as big as I was last pregnancy." Plus a lot of eye rolling and ignoring in general haha.... but touching. no no. I can't handle that.

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: @bubblegum: Holy cow! I haven't really thought about it in terms of days. 51 for me! Sounds so close...

20. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@JennyPenny @psw27 @ValentineMommy
    Usually I have no response so I was shocked I actually did say something! My responses come two hours later which isn't very helpful. My high schoolers are better and have asked if they can touch, and keep in mind my high schoolers have Autism so the fact they know to ask and this woman didn't took me by surprise!

21. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Dr put me on a 15 lb weight limit for moving. I'm really happy he did because I'm rather strong and don't know limits when pregnant. Lol

22. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Yes! Sounds close but it's all a lie lol this is gonna take forever

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: You need to take it easy!

@JennyPenny: @bubblegum: @ValentineMommy: I have a post it note countdown on my desk until I'm 36 weeks (my goal) and its only 29 days. Which is pretty darn soon! Anything after that is just "bonus time" for the baby to grow haha.... Its getting real!

24. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: Oh man! Does that mean you can't pick up your other kids? Take it easy, mama!

25. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: 42 days and 20 hours until my induction.

26. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

I have the time for my c-section. It's all becoming so real. DH stood up late last night painting the baby's room. Just gotta do one more coat and her room is complete...painting wise at least. I'm starting to get soooo sad about leaving DS while in the hospital. Even though DH will bring him every single day, it just won't be the same. He's my cuddle bear!

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: Awww. We haven't come up with a plan for DS whenever labor happens, so I'm actually a little jealous that you have a time and date. Makes planning much easier I suspect. But I'm really nervous about all the big changes that'll be going on in DSs life and I won't be able to be there with him as much to reassure him

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I got the funniest comment from a stranger last night. It was the teenage check out boy at the grocery store and he started small talk about DS getting a sibling and then asked when I was due and I said "April". And he said "this April!?!" and I laughed and said "yes..." I didn't want to point out that there's no way I could be due next April especially given my size. It just cracked me up cause it's such a nonsensical response...

29. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: Oh man, I had an emotional breakdown (literally) about a month before DS2 was born. They're only 20 months apart and my oldest was still such a "baby." I cried so much about "ruining his life" and wondered if he'd hate me and I knew I'd miss him so much. He had a rough first few weeks transitioning, but after that, he was back to normal! And it was soooo hard leaving him- the anticipation was probably the worst. I promise it will be okay! DS1 is 3 now and still such a mama's boy and loves his brother so much.

Aaaaand this time, I'm welcoming the "break" I'm kinda excited about getting some time with the baby in the hospital before going to my new reality- 3 kids under 4, eeeek!

Hang in there! Those feelings are all normal, but you'll be okay!

30. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Oh for sure! It makes planning a breeze but I'm like my poor babe is probably going to be like ehhh where's mommy! I have to make the change and let daddy start doing bathtime and the night routine because I don't want him to be super shocked when the time comes. Even though it's only 3 nights it's still rough. Who knows maybe our boys won't care and we're just sissys! lol

31. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm going to be on the crying boat with you! lol My friend is trying to get me to see the sliver lining and is saying the same about one on one time with my little girl which is super true. But man I'll miss my little bugger! 3 kids!!!! God bless you! I always wanted 3 but now just the thought of 2 is driving me batty!

32. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

I discussed with my Dr about vbac vs c section and basically we're going to do the 36 wk ultrasound to determine her size (DD1 was 8'14" with a 90th % head circumference). If she's measuring large, we're going to probably do a repeat c section, if not, we'll try for a vbac. So I really have no birth plans until the end of March! Then my Dr will be on vacation for 2 weeks, but he'll be back to deliver. Yikes! I still feel like we have so much to do (because we do). I just keep telling myself that the baby really doesn't need much in the beginning and it'll all be ok. DH of course is totally chill about everything, lol.

Oh, and i decided on a name finally! We went against popular opinion and decided on Joanna Elaine, nn Jojo. Dh was beyond excited to finally have a name and DD is really excited too.

33. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Jojo love! I think that's a good plan- my oldest was the same (8lb 13oz, hugeeee head at 39 weeks). My second was a little smaller (8lb 3oz at 39 weeks) but we went for the RCS just because I didn't have any strong desire to try for a VBAC and I knew what to expect, etc.

@bubblegum: Hahaha I feel insane most of the time
    I try to remind myself that the little years are short and to think about the big picture/long term, but it's gonna be crazy!

34. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Very true! A few years of chaos never hurt nobody! lol

35. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I have a similar plan for my birth. Ultrasound between 35-36 weeks to see how this baby compares in size to my first. Right now I have a c section scheduled for my due date but the doctor said she might move it up to 39 weeks depending on the size. I do not want it to be moved up- 39 weeks exactly would mean return to work on my birthday- not a day I want to leave my babies! Later in the week might mean being in the hospital for Easter but I know that's ok, my parents will make sure I see my older son. Baby born on due date like big brother is always my preference!

36. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: I actually desperately want to have this baby 1-2 weeks early. If he comes before Easter:
    1) I get to use memorial day and fourth of july for my leave
    2) I can have my 6 week check up before a memorial day trip to the beach (pool, hot tub, yay!)
    3) Our company has a huge Spring festival that was just announced for April 28, and I'd rather bring a 2+ week old than a 1 week old, though both are crazy

37. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@JennyPenny: Those are good reasons!! I hope it works out. I don't think holidays count towards my leave but that's a good question to ask. I feel like I have so many questions for my HR people but maternity leave is complicated and adding in an acquisition makes it even more confusing! My boss keeps asking me when my leave starts...I tell him my due date at least once a week but most people know it's hard to say exactly!!

38. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: omg I'm feeling the same. DS1 is alright without me, but DS2 is going to have a hard time while I'm at the hospital for 4-5 days. It makes me sad to think about!

@lilteacherbee: this is exactly what I'm fearing - lo2 and 3 will only be 21 months apart and lately DS2 is having such a hard transition into toddlerhood and the frustrations of trying to talk. I'm so worried about how he's going to handle a baby sister! I will say, while I'm worried about how he's going to handle my hospital stay, I'm totally looking forward to the few days of "peace". We aren't allowing visitors in the hospital, except my parents and the boys, just so I can have a few days to ourselves!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Yay for a name! I love it!

39. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Heartbreaking right! Poor little guy!

Any April mamas in the PA area?

40. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: ME! Well, I'm in NJ, but I work in Philly. Does that count?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee