Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. mrswilson2012

grape / 93 posts

@bubblegum: I have 7 weeks to go, ahhhh!! The nursery is all done, baby shower was a success. We have our maternity photo shoot this weekend and we still need to:

Send out thank you cards for our shower.
    Pack our hospital bags
    Install car seats
    Take our birthing class (03/04)

For some reason, I still don't feel ready!

2. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: Not gonna paint - too lazy Gray goes with everything, right

@littleblessings: oh no! DS has just come down with a nasty stomach bug that has made its way through all of daycare and their parents. At this point I'm thinking its not a question of DH and I get it, but when since there seems to be a decently long incubation period...

3. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yellowbeach: how are you and baby girl doing?

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@littleblessings: we are doing well. My swelling has improved drastically. I've lost 30 lbs in a week. I know they say breastfeeding drops weight but man. I'll take it though

Evie had a little scare the last 2 days... she was showing some early signs of necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC), so they held her feeds for 48 hrs while they had her on broad spectrum antibiotics. Those got stopped tonight, and hopefully she can start eating again tomorrow morning. We still have no idea how long we'll be in the NICU. I'm planning to go back to work on Saturday for 2 weeks and then hopefully after that she'll get discharged. We will see. Fortunately I work at the hospital she's at, so it makes popping in for a visit or a feed much more feasible.

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: Wow, sounds scary - glad she's improving! When I first read you were going back to work I thought you were absolutely crazy, but working at the hospital she's at actually sounds really nice. Something to do to keep your mind busy and you still get to pop in and see her. Sounds like you're recovering great!

6. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@yellowbeach: just popping in to say she is so CUTE! congrats mama

7. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@mrswilson2012: whoot whoot!! You are on the ball! Making us all look bad lol

8. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Absolutely!!! Gray works every time!

9. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@yellowbeach: That sounds so scary! How awesome is it that you work for the hospital though!

10. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: aw hi sweet little Evie! I hope the antibiotics are working and she can go back to eating today. I hope you are feeling okay too. I totally get why you would go back to work since you're right there anyway - save that leave time for once she is home. Glad to hear you guys are doing well for the most part, I've been thinking about you!

@JennyPenny: I read somewhere that drinking 100% grape juice can stave off stomach bugs. It seems legit... and can't hurt to try! Fingers crossed you and DH stay bug free!

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yellowbeach: Oh my goodness, she's precious! Glad you're both doing well and I hope her scares are over.

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: She's so beautiful!!!! I hope she's feeling better soon! So glad you're both doing well!

I had my sprinkle over the weekend and it was awesome! We got a lot of stuff we needed (and some gift cards for whatever's left over). I washed all the nb stuff yesterday and made a huge to-do list, which I went over with DH last night. He agreed that we need to get moving on getting things done - so I can't wait to start tackling this list!

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Glad to hear you got stuff you needed! I'm assuming we'll get a ton of clothes (since this is a girl after 2 boys!), but I'm hoping to get a few things we need, too! I literally have bought her two sleepers and all the other clothes have come from my mom, MIL, or friends' hand me downs! I'm not complaining, though

We also came up with a plan last night. The first weekend in March, we have a date night and the grandparents will have the boys overnight, so the next day, we're going to get the nursery ready (clear it out and start painting). Then, the next weekend is my shower and when that's over, I'll get serious about putting everything together and in its place.

14. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: we did get mostly clothes, but luckily, the gift cards were enough to cover the vast majority of things we needed (and some extras too). Everything we had was gender neutral, so we are reusing most the big stuff.

15. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

DH, MIL, and maybe even our dog have all come down with DS's stomach bug. Gah! I feel like a ticking time bomb... *fingers crossed* for some magic pregnancy immunity...

16. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: yikes! Hope it stays far away from you!

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Also, it looks like the waddle has officially set in. I can avoid it if I try really hard, but the default is to waddle. Anyone else?

18. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: oh my gosh... scrub those hands and maybe even wear gloves around them. Eeek! And yes to the waddle.

I've recently discovered the magic of Kinesio Tape - holy smokes did this stuff make my back/belly feel so much better. If anyone is interested in a little extra support, here is a link to various ways you can wrap your belly/back/hips:

http://www.rocktape.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/RockTape-Pregnancy-Taping-Instructions.pdf

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: oh no!!! FX it stays away from you!!!

@psw27: Interesting! I've never heard of it! Where did you get it?

20. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: I get it on amazon. I first used it on a knee injury and lots of physical therapists use it. I like Rock Tape but there are loads of brands. I feel about a month less pregnant while wearing the belly sling, it makes moving around a little more comfy!

21. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@psw27: I may give this a try for my sciatic nerve pain. How do you remove the tape? I saw something about soaking it in baby oil and removing under the shower stream but that seems like a bad idea for me... I'll probably slip in the shower!

22. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

It's so complicated nesting in the midst of getting ready to move. I feel like I have to get ready for the baby but I'm in the wrong house.

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MapleMoose: typically I just pull it off after a few days. But that was my knee! My stomach skin scares me a bit. I'll probably rub coconut oil on the tape and pull it off after the shower. I'll let you know 😬😬

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: that would make me feel overwhelmed too. Just try to take it step by step!

25. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MapleMoose: @psw27: I just had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours and taking the tape off afterwards was TORTURE. I used baby oil and it still really hurt!!

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: ouch!!! I pulled the kt tape off last night, it wasn't pleasant. Is everything OK with your heart?!

27. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: we signed our lease on Friday and SO took the day off to help me pack some. Can't wait to be out of my apartment!

28. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: woohoo! When are you moving? So exciting!

29. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@littleblessings: fantastic! Hope you can get settled soon!

Funny story: DH and I had just sat down in church today and I noticed my shoes had come untied and I just sighed and said, "my shoe is untied" and just stared at it. Sweet DH bent down and tied it for me! He did say he was tempted to double knot it though, haha.

Also, I feel so huge. I can't believe I have 9 more weeks, ugh.

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: Yay, exciting!!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Haha! I've totally asked DH to tie my shoes a few times lately! And I know, I have 9.5 weeks left and I'm already feeling so big. I always miss the belly/kicks/exciting parts of pregnancy when it's over, so I'm trying not to wish time away, but man.

31. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

Hey ladies! I've hit the 35 week mark! My husband and I went on our "baby moon"/delayed birthday gift trip this weekend, 2 nights no dogs, walking the city and just relaxing and eating! Our first (family) baby shower is next weekend and I have a work shower on the 9th! W's nursery is almost done (just bedding left), we have 8 boxes of Costco diapers (huggies and Costco brand) ranging from size 1-3. The last thing I think we'll need is some newborn size sleepers.

I am wondering if anyone has ever felt like they have a lump in their throat? I constantly feel like there's a lump and occasionally it feels like nausea. I have an appointment on Thursday so I'll definitely ask but I figured it's not totally abnormal/uncomfortable!

32. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Hopefully! I've been having a lot of dizzy/lightheadedness and passed out a few times. This pregnancy they've diagnosed me with low blood sugar and low blood pressure, so I'm guessing that's what it is, but they wanted me to have my heart checked out, just to be on the safe side.

@littleblessings: Yay, congrats!!!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: omg right there with you. Slip on shoes are where it's at now! Bending over is not happening anymore! So uncomfortable.....this is going to be a long 8 weeks!

@mrsmacSLP: That's awesome, you're almost there!!! As for the lump in the throat, I haven't had that feeling, but I'm sure it's nothing. Pregnancy does weird things to your whole body! That being said, glad it's getting checked out!

33. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Let's hear the updates!!!

I'm officially 33 weeks this Wednesday. Baby shower invites have been sent out anddddd the crown jewel of them all...I re-did big brother's dresser for baby girl. The outcome is amazing. It went from grey and boyish to pink, floral and super girly. I'm so happy I kept his dresser for her. The plan was to keep the crib but baby hulk broke it lol

What's new in my favorite mamas worlds?!

34. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: shoes are the worst right now. I'm hoping we are done with snow boot season cause that's become a real struggle. I can't tell you how many times I see something fall on the floor and I'm like... ehhh and leave it. Picking up legos after my son is a massive chore haha....

@ValentineMommy: that's so scary! Anything they can do for you?

@mrsmacSLP: you sound like you are almost ready! Awesome job!

My update.... I''ll be 32 weeks on Wednesday and just honestly, I'm just wishing the time away. My anxiety about making it to 36 weeks has been really hard. I had a bunch of contractions again on Saturday night, but didn't end up going in cause the doctor said to just go to bed. I feel great now and it must have been because LO has decided to completely change positions. He never kicks on the left side of my belly and now he's completely over there. DH and I are finally making solid progress on the nursery/guest room we are creating and we got all of the baby stuff out of storage. The bassinet is set up, we have the baby tub, mamaroo, pack n play and baby clothes all ready to go. I just need this little guy to stay put for 30 more days at least! My DH has been a saint lately though and has really stepped it up with our son so I'm not doing quite as much running around as I was and that definitely helps with the contractions.

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: 32 weeks for me, this week! I am getting anxious about getting things done! My sprinkle was last weekend and it was amazing! Just a few more things we need (or want) to buy before we have everything

36. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that your LO stays put!!

37. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Whoot whoot!!! With all these showers and sprinkles happening I can't wait for mine.

38. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Update: I'm 32.5 weeks - feeling dangerously close to the finish line. Getting increasingly uncomfortable and ready to be done with it all but I'm so far from ready. This past weekend was my deadline for getting DS into his big boy room so I could focus on prepping the nursery, but the whole family got hit with a stomach bug that basically wiped out all of last week. So we still have a ways to go. I leave for a work trip next week too so there's not much hope of getting him into his room until mid-march.

No shower/sprinkles for me but there's not much left to get. Just got the registry completion coupons available so I'll probably pull the trigger and buy a ton of stuff once I've had a chance to tidy/inventory the nursery. Also have a ton of meal prep I'd like to knock out sometime soon.

One thing we did accomplish was maternity photo shoot this weekend. I'm supposed to get a preview today so I'll share when I do. I can't wait to see them. It was very bittersweet since it felt like the shoot was saying goodbye to DS's days as only child. There's great stuff in store for him but I know he's going to miss the 1:1 (or 2:1) attention.

39. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Actually - what I'm most "over" is people feeling they can just comment on my life choices all the time. From "good for you" for eating a salad, or going to the gym or whatever. None of that happens any other time. But on Friday I had a coworker stop by my office to tell me that my cheeks were flushed and my lips were chapped so I was probably dehydrated and its really important for the baby that I drink lots of water. Excuse me!! Get out of my life!! </rant> Anyway - over it!

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Ugh, I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant with both of my boys. People think pregnant women are fair game for sharing opinions and it's so annoying! With DS1, a lady I worked with loved to tell me I was going to cause the cord to wrap around his neck whenever I reached my hands above my head (ummm I was a teacher and I'm 5' tall soooo.... 🙄). I got a lot of gems from her for those 9 months hahaha

@psw27: Fingers crossed he stays on the inside for awhile!! I know you must be so anxious for the full term point to get here.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee