Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yes! I thought it would be nice to have an April mama met up

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: Yes, that would be so much fun! Where in PA are you?

3. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Philly!

4. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yep, DS2 will turn 21 months the day of my c-section, so the age gap is practically the same as last time (DS1 was 10 days shy of 21 months). DS2 is a MUCH bigger mama's boy than his brother, so I'm a little worried, too. Both times, I've only stayed 3 days/2 nights in the hospital, though. It helps that both of my boys are extremely comfortable with both sets of grandparents and my sister, so they'll probably just be super excited to spend time with them and hopefully won't miss me too much. I'm just worried how DS2 will handle it when it's time to leave without me And I agree! I'm exhausted running after them these days, so I'm going to try to "enjoy" the hospital stay as much as possible!

@bubblegum: Nope, I'm down here in NC!

5. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: Can't get much closer than that!!!! I work right in center city, and I'm a 15 minute commute door to door (from Patco)! Let's do it!

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: Hey I'm in NC too - near Raleigh

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: Both times I've stayed 4-5 days, so it's a long time! I've never been away from DS2 overnight (DS1 is totally fine with it). My parents live close by, and my mom watches the boys while I work, so he's super comfortable with her. I think right now the plan is that DH and my mom are going to alternate nights they stay with me, and then whoever isn't with me will be with the boys. My mom said she wants to stay at our house so they'll be most comfortable. I'm sure they'll be fine and we are just worrying for no reason! Lol

8. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Aw man!!

@ValentineMommy: Oh sweet!!! What time is your lunch hour?

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: it's at 12, but I'm working from home full time right now until the baby comes! Do you work or SAH?

10. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@bubblegum: I am in Chester County

11. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Aww lucky you! I work I wish I could be home though lol
    @MOMTOLITTLEB: That's pretty darn close. SAHM or out of home work?

12. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@bubblegum: I work out of home on the main line most of time, work from home a couple days a week.

13. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: I feel you....I am not a fan of working lol!

14. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: Oh that's awesome!

@ValentineMommy: hahah don't we all!

15. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

I always feel like I kill the thread...now I understand that I'm just PST And everyone is in bed by the time I get to respond! Anyone over here?!

16. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I'm EST but I'm always up late.

Got the keys to the new home today. Also, have had quite the stressful day with the LOs. Ugh I can't wait to be moved and just relaxing.

17. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@littleblessings: I still can't believe you're moving! Brave brave family! We just finished part of a house project in time for the baby shower this weekend and I'm exhausted! I can't imagine actually moving!

18. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@mrsmacSLP: trust me I'm exhausted but it's got to be done. It'll be nice to not live in an apartment anymore.

19. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm near Wilmington, so not too far!

20. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I'm in Texas, so central time!

Anyone else having to bug their DH/SO about getting things done? I basically had to wag my finger via text and yell at Dh to get a move on. Good news is that he went thru one of many boxes last night of old junk from college (he graduated 12 years ago!). Oy. He kept trying to do a "that's what she said" and hint about having sex. I'm like, dude, I'm 32 weeks pregnant, I have no energy for sex! I'm too stressed about getting things ready! Argh!

I would go thru it, but it's his stuff so he HAS to do it, otherwise I'd just chuck the whole thing. Ugh.

Haha, sorry. rant over.

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: Nice! My little brother is graduating from UNC-W in May and it now that I type it out it occurs to me I will have a newborn and may not be able to go...

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Totally! It's like he doesn't think this baby is going to be here in 4-7 weeks. Its like "dude, we are seriously running low on time!!! Let's get a move on!"

23. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I had to make a gigantic all-encompassing to-do list so DH could see how much really needs to be done. It freaked him out and got him moving over the weekend, but by the next day, he had already lost steam. Lol. I forsee having to nag him a lot in the next few weeks.

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Had my follow up ultrasound today. Kidney issues are still present so well follow up again in 4 weeks, but they think he'll need some testing once he's born. They said they can't tell the cause in utero but they don't seem worried so I'm trying to not worry. What I am worried about is the size of this guy. Estimated 5 lb 11 oz and I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow... Yikes! At least he's cute

25. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Do they have any idea what could possibly cause the issue? I'm glad they're not concerned, at any rate! Praying it's nothing!!! Also, don't go by their estimates....in my experience, they're soooooo wrong. The were wrong by almost 2 pounds with DS1!

26. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: @abbydabbydoodlebug: Same for my DH! Made him a list of things to do in the baby's room and he did a great amount but the next day didn't even bother to continue.

27. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: I went to UNCW too So I went back and checked and DS1 measured 6lb 5oz at my 33 week ultrasound and 8lb 13oz when he was born at 39 weeks. He was big (I had GD), but not super huge! Sorry about the kidney issues, but if they aren't concerned, I'd trust them. They see lots of serious issues, so if they thought it was super worrisome, I'm sure they'd let you know.

@ValentineMommy: @bubblegum: @abbydabbydoodlebug: Yup, same here. Definitely had to make DH a list a few weeks ago because I think he doesn't realize it's going to be here so soon!

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: They listed off a bunch of causes but said they can't tell which one it is until he's born. So he'll get some more tests to find out before we're discharged.

@lilteacherbee: Whew, that's a relief to hear. In my head I was thinking this meant a 10-11 lb baby! Interestingly, when she took the measurement her first question was if I had GD, but I told her I passed the test so *shrug*

29. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yeah they're just not getting it lol

Okay so this morning it hit me that when I'm in the hospital I won't see DS until DH gets off of work the days after my c-section. I almost had a break down so of course I call my mom and I'm like ehhhh mom I need you to bring him to me in the morning for just so I can see his little face to hold me off until DH comes later in the evening with him. I can't imagine not seeing him from 8:00 pm until almost 6:00 pm the next day. NO WAY!

30. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I also had to make a to do lit for my husband. He got moving and we're almost finished! 35 weeks and 4 days. The last thing he needs to do is replace the outlets in Babies room to tamper resistant ones!

31. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Just got back from my OB appt! They're going to schedule me for a growth scan, since I'm AMA. I'm super excited to see her one more time (I didn't have any later scans with DS's because I was a scheduled csec anyway)!!

32. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Anyone else having the kicks and jabs be super painful?

33. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: My second son was on the bigger side and they always asked about GD, but I didn't have it with him (I think his huge 90th+ percentile head skewed their measurements a bit...he was 8lb 3oz at 39 weeks). Some babies have to be on the larger end of the curve!

@ValentineMommy: Yay for seeing her again! I have one more growth scan on the 31st when I'll be 34 weeks.

34. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@littleblessings: I had one super painful kick to my hip socket. A friend was telling me that her first kid kicked a nerve or something and caused her leg to go completely out from under her. Crazy what these babies can do!

35. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: my husband thinks that nothing needs to be done until the baby arrives. (i.e. "I'll just get that stuff out of storage once he gets here.") and it's been driving me nuts. He finally went and grabbed most stuff last week but then proceeded to put it up on a high shelf in the garage where I cannot sort it or even get to it. So.. that's this weekends project. I just want to wash and fold the baby clothes and also see what we need in terms of bottles and stuff.

36. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: aww look at those cheeks! I'm sorry about the kidney issues, I hope they are not a big deal in the long run.

37. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: I find myself looking at the US pic over and over and it makes me really want LO to be here for snuggles. I never had any 3D ultrasounds with DS, or any pics where he looked "cute" so this is new for me. I hope your DH gets stuff down for you and you can have a productive weekend!

38. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: little miss likes to give me random sharp jabs. Usually to a bone. It sucks!

On the plus side I got the rest of the stuff I need for her ordered today and it's being sent to the new place!

39. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Just got my maternity preview photo. Such a tease

40. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: love it! So pretty.

We're doing family pics in about 3 weeks. We're hoping for some wildflowers too. It'll end up being maternity pics too,haha.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee