Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Unfortunately, I'm still in major pain today. I don't seem to be contracting as much though, so that's good. But my tailbone hurts SO bad! I keep contemplating calling the doctor, but I know if anything they'll send me for a non stress test and send me home....so....I'm just dealing for now! Another friend suggested that she was dropping maybe?

@abbydabbydoodlebug: ugh, we had one of those days recently. Hope today is better!

2. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: omg... Our LO was like that on Sunday. nightmare!! I'm sure it was just a fluke. Is she getting sick or anything?

3. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: Have you taken Tylenol? It doesn't hurt to call! Is your stomach upset? Sometimes that makes everything hurt too since its all so squished!

4. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Anyone else's hormones getting the best of them?!

So far today I've been so emotional that I wanted to reach out to my ex best friend and so angry that I wanted to kill DS therapists. I need to get it together and stop being a little asshole!

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Well, we had another terrible night with DS last night. It's terrible (or great?) timing because I leave today for a work trip to Seattle. I'll be gone 4 nights. Hopefully DH can get this terrible bedtime issue under control while I'm gone....

@bubblegum: My hormones get the best of me all pregnancy. I cry at really sad things on a regular day, but when pregnant I can cry at things that are only a little sad, or if they're really happy, or if I feel angry or stressed. Instant waterworks...

6. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: No stomach upset at all, but I've had headaches off an on the past few days. I will probably call once I get a shower, in case they need to see me.

@bubblegum: OMG yes. I totally bawled at a kids movie yesterday and then freaked out at DH shortly after lol I'm a mess.

@JennyPenny: Oh no! I hope DH can get it sorted while you're gone!

7. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Awwww aren't you ready for that to stop lol

8. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: lol the struggle!!!

9. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: I started crying in yoga because the song was an acoustic version of "you are my sunshine" and I used to sing it to DS1 when he was really little. Embarrassing much? And of course not hours later I was like raging at DH about some nonsense.... all over the placeeeeee.

@JennyPenny: safe travels and chug lots of water! That's a long flight at 34 weeks!

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: I used to sing "you are my sunshine" to DS as a baby too. He asked me to sing it recently and I nearly lost it at the "my only sunshine" part cause I was like "you're not gonna be my only anymore!!!"

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: Oh gosh, I'm emotional without pregnancy hormones, so I'm extra emotional these days! I cry over everything 😭 I cried yesterday because my 3 year old said "I can do it myself, mama!" (Most of the time, I'm like PLEASE do something yourself, but this time it made me so sad that he's growing up)

@psw27: @JennyPenny: I sing "you are my sunshine" before every nap and bedtime and it definitely chokes me up sometimes!

@ValentineMommy: Oh man. My tailbone hurt so bad over the weekend, but it eventually went away. Hope you can figure out what's going on!

12. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Awww mama!!!! That's soooo understandable!!!

@lilteacherbee: Omg! That would've broken my heart into a million pieces!

13. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm really getting choked up about the "only" child part too. I feel like I have a million things I want to do with LO before his brother arrives and I'm not sure I'll have time or energy to spoil him a little. Plus the weather here has been horrible on the weekends so we've been hibernating!

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: thank goodness we were laying down on the mats at that point... eyes closed!

15. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Oh good! Hopefully there were no sniffles!

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Ugh, the doctor told me to use a heating pad for my back (been doing that already) and Tylenol for my headache.....like that will help! Ughhhhhh

17. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: frustrating. I hate when I feel like I get the brush off. Have you been using any kind of support belt? I can't tell you how much better I feel when I use the KT tape!

18. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: I have been, off and on, but it irritates my old c-section scar! I literally feel like I can feel this baby in my crotch and ribs at the same time.....like, she's clearly 2 1/2 feet tall lol! I can't wait to see their estimation on monday at my scan!

19. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: Oh yeah, I was just saying to my friend how it's like he's playing the bongos in there. I feel him high, low and over to the side all at once!

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

How's everyone doing today? I've got 40 days to go and I'm freaking out about how much is left to do (and how little DH is helping lol)!!!! Somehow my to-do list grows as my nesting urge does too. Like, what does re-organizing my kitchen cabinets have to do with having a baby? Apparently everything

21. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: I've gotten some stuff done today. Been super emotional. I have 34 days left.

22. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: I've managed to catch a terrrrrible cold. I'm sure for a normal person it would be totally manageable but at 33 weeks I'm just miserable! I can't breathe at all and slept so bad.... but I'm at work saving those vacation days for leave and suffering! My to-do list has gotten nothing checked off recently, but plenty of things added to it! No energy, no time! Eeek! 20 days til 36 weeks, 48 days til 40 weeks!

23. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: It's basically Spring here already and my allergies are going crazy with all the pollen, so lots of sneezing and coughing between the boys and I (well it's been 75 all week and this weekend it's supposed to be back in the 40s, so that'll be fun 😫). 56 days left for me and I'm excited for my sprinkle on Sunday and then finishing the nursery next week! I have a regular OB appointment tomorrow and then I assume I'll start going every 2 weeks. My last growth scan at MFM is on the 31st!

24. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

I'm doing ok. I haven't posted much here but I read all the comments and sending all of you lots of
    I am getting a little worried because I used to feel lots of kicks in my ribs and now I'm feeling a lot of movement in my crotch which could be a sign of the baby being breech I think? Which is basically my worst nightmare because I desperately want a vbac. I have one last ultrasound around 36 weeks so hopefully she will be in a good position by then
    Besides that- like a lot of you- struggling with exhaustion during this last stretch. E woke up with a 104 degree fever this morning so we are taking it slow today.

25. mrswilson2012

grape / 93 posts

I'm exhausted. I recently had a growth scan and my due date has been moved up to 04/05. So now I'm 36 weeks & 1 day. I wobble when I walk and it feels like someone kicked me in the crotch. I had such an easy first & second trimester, that the third trimester has sucked. I'm always so sore and just getting out the bed every morning is a struggle, sigh....

I've been really productive today though, as we finally set up a meet & greet with a pediatrician in our area. We finished filing our taxes, we found a childcare provider (we just need to go put the deposit down tomorrow to hold our spot) and we started packing our hospital bags.

I'm also working from home now until the baby is born. So happy I don't have to get dressed in the morning and can just stay in my pajamas and work. I don't have the energy! haha

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I'm feeling pretty good still. I think it helps that I weigh almost 20 lbs less than I did at this point last pregnancy and have stayed fairly active. I still have 6 more weeks to go though and a lot can change towards the end.

Also feeling okay about my massive to do list. There's a lot on it but I feel like I can knock through it once I get back from this work trip.

Right now my main worry is that baby wasn't head down at the 33 week ultrasound. I know there's still plenty of time to flip, but DS1 was head down by then. I've got another US at 37 weeks so we'll see what that shows.

27. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

37 weeks on Sunday: car seat is installed, just washed a bunch of his clothes and blankets, hospital bags packed (mom, dad, baby, snack) best friend on speed dial on both cells for the pups. We're set aside from all the paperwork I have remaining at work 😕

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Wow, that's amazing! Full term! I guess the April mamas are now officially on labor watch

29. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: woohoo you're ready to go! @mrswilson2012: yay for 36 weeks!

Another weekend is here - let's see how much we get accomplished. My husband is running 20 miles this morning so I'm guessing not much!

30. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@JennyPenny: @psw27: I can't believe how fast it went! Just hoping he makes it past the 4.5lb mark soon!

@psw27: 20 miles?!? I ran a half in June 2016 and thought I was going to die!

31. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: haha yeah he's marathon training for Boston. I did it last year, it's fun but not easy to train for! Now I can hardly waddle for 10 minutes!

32. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: my son was 5.5 weeks early and 5.5 pounds so at 36 weeks you are probably at at least 4.5!

33. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@psw27: at 34 weeks he was measuring just under 4lbs. And I haven't really put on any weight since then regardless of the amount of eating I'm doing! I have another checkup Thursday and they'll guess his weight again-I have to remember everything is a guess right now!

34. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Im sure your body is just dedicating all of the calories to him! Fingers crossed!

35. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Spent our first night in the new house. It went pretty well. DD slept like a rock. DS woke up a little disoriented in the middle of the night and this morning. He has some adjusting to do.

36. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@littleblessings: glad to hear you're in the new place! Hope everyone adjusts quickly and smoothly!

37. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Hello pretty ladies!!!

This weekend is finally my baby shower! I am beyond excited to see all the baby girl clothes we receive but DH is slacking big time! I asked him to organize the basement (the shower is in our house) and I know people are going to be in the basement and surprise surprise! He hasn't done it! I'm going to have to bit the bullet and do it myself which although I can my back usually is KILLING me after serious cleaning. Men! I'm hopeful that the shower is super successful because we have slim to no baby girl things!

What's new with everyone else?

38. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: woohoo! Glad you are all moved in. Hope you can get everything settled in the next couple days!

@bubblegum: ugh. I feel ya on the DH slacking. I motivated mine to build a dresser and part DS's new twin bed this weekend but he was so grouchy about it.

I completely over did it this weekend so now I'm having a lot of contractions today. I see the doc at 1:30 for my 34 week appointment anyway, so hopefully that is reassuring. This massive blizzard heading our way + not feeling good is making me so anxious.

39. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: Ugh! I'm just waiting on mine to finish painting (he had half a wall left and ran out of paint, got more and of course, the color was off, so he has to go over the entire room again 😫). He should finish that tonight and then we can move everything in! Our sprinkle was yesterday and it went really well! Tomorrow makes 50 days left 😱

@psw27: Oh no! Hope the appointment calms your nerves a bit! It was 75-80 degrees all last week here and then yesterday it snowed (???). It NEVER snows here lol. This weather is insane!

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: @psw27: Ditto! We are so behind on getting ready and its cause DH keeps taking on these other projects instead of working on the ones to prep for baby. He's being really generous and helping out friends for most of them but its like "dude, I need you too!"

I just got back from my work trip which went fine, but I am dead now! 3 hr time change from West to East coast + DST is really kicking my butt. Plus with 5 days away I forgot how tiring it is it get up and down and chase around a 2 year old so that's not helping.

I had a dream last night that I accidentally gave birth in 2 pushes at home with no contractions or other labor signs at all. In my dream I'm on the phone with 911 and desperately trying to get DH to sterilize a pair of scissors to cut to cord... Maybe a sign that I'm ready for the next few weeks to go quickly!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee