Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@littleblessings: Fingers crossed for your home and prayers that you feel better most days than worst!

2. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@psw27: haha , I got a kick or punch to my hip socket this past weekend and it hurt! I jumped and said ow! Then I started laughing like crazy because it's just so weird. My first was never this violent, lol.

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: That's so cool that you can tell body parts. I was never really able to tell what anything was with DS, and I feel the same with this one.

@littleblessings: Well I'm glad its just because of pregnancy so it should go away after birth. My asthma has been so much worse this pregnancy than it usually is so its making me count down the days even more!

4. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas

April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1 ) - 33w5d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 33w0d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 32w4d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1) - 32w1d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2) - 32w1d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3 ) - 31w6d
    April 17 (induction April 12): littleblessings (#3 ) - 31w4d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 31w3d
    April 19 (c-section April 18): bubblegum (#2 ) - 31w2d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2 ) - 31w0d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 30w6d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 30w4d
    April 25: betsyr25 (#2) - 30w3d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 30w2d
    April 26 (c-section April 19): ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 30w2d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2 ) - 30w1d
    April 28: justjules (#2 ) - 30w0d
    May 10 (c-section May 4): lilteacherbee (#3 ) - 28w2d

sweet Arrivals

February 12: yellowbeach (#1 ) - Evie

: 8 : 6 : 1

5. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: Have you heard anything about the house yet?! Hope you get it! And sorry about the heart issues, but at least it should go away after birth. I'll be thinking of you!

@psw27: Haha I can never figure out which body part is where! This morning at my ultrasound, she was breech and her head was almost in my ribs and I had no clue

6. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

I had a MFM appointment today. Baby girl is 3 lb (70th percentile), so I'm expecting she'll be another 8 lb baby! Of course, she was hiding her face most of the time. I have my last growth ultrasound at 34 weeks at the end of March. Can't believe we're getting so close!

7. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: @lilteacherbee: I'm pretty sure it's his foot. I've been (unfortunately) at the doctor a lot and based on my many exams they are pretty sure he's head down already so it seems like a foot would be there - it's just below my ribs!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: the sharp jabs out of no where startle me! I sometimes will be like OH! and my husband is like um are you okay?

@lilteacherbee: so jealous you got to see! Hoping the time flies by for all of us!

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: Awesome! I have a final scan at 34 weeks too to check on the kidney issues they identified at 20 weeks. I'm so excited. Haven't seen this little guy in so long! Of course with DS I had nothing after 20 weeks so this a pleasant addition

9. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: I bet! I'm spoiled because I've had ultrasounds pretty much monthly with all three babies- I have a rare antibody that could cause problems, but thankfully, the levels have always been super low. I hope the kidney issues are resolved! At my scan last month, our kidney issue was gone, so hoping for the same news for you!

10. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

We had what was supposed to be our last ultrasound yesterday and I came out with more questions that I would've liked. Thankfully I had an appointment after with the midwives and I was able to ask them questions and they already had the report!

1-we have a peanut baby. He's weighing in at 3lbs 10oz right now (13th percentile)
    2-I apparently make a ton of amniotic fluid so they're going to check on it again in two weeks
    3- the umbilical cord insertion remained the same (yay!)
    4- he's definitely all boy, refused to show his face but his parts he showed every chance he got!

I worried the most since we went from 24th percentile down to 13th but the midwives said that they're not concerned and they'll continue to watch my weight. I'm still worried but was reassured that if I ever need to discuss it to call them up immediately. The amniotic fluid isn't such a huge deal but they want to monitor it because it was close to the cut off (24cm) but it could've been he had just peed. We'll see him again in 2 weeks though!

11. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@lilteacherbee: we got it! I'm so excited!!!!!

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Over a belated Valentine dinner Friday DH and I finally narrowed down the list to 2 names. This afternoon I asked DS about those names and if he liked them for his baby brother. He said "no, his name is ___ and ___. That's a good name" and wouldn't you know those are 2 of the names we'd just crossed off. Now he's spent all night saying those are his brother's names. Just when I had thought we'd made progress...

13. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Does anyone else have breathlessness when laying down? It's causing me to have insomnia because I can't get comfortable! Omg this better go away or it's going to be a looooong two months. Help!

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: maybe this is comforting, maybe not -- but think of it this way- most women don't have ultrasounds past 20 weeks so I'm sure so many of us are walking around with tiny or huge babies without ever even knowing it! I'm sure everything is okay but I get why you aren't super reassured. I feel like so much can change in just a week so hopefully in two weeks you'll feel better!

@littleblessings: congrats!!

@JennyPenny: that's so funny. My son has started calling the baby Cole so my husband was like well there is no turning back now!

@ValentineMommy: yes if I'm laying too flat! I have to elevate my head. My midwife said my blood pressure is "very low" and watch for dizziness, etc. so it could be that?

15. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@ValentineMommy: yes! Im on the shorter side so I feel like baby is really squishing my diaphragm all the time, preventing me from ever taking a full breath and it's way worse when I lie down

16. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yesss! I'm 5' with a short torso, so I'm already feeling so uncomfortable and I have 10.5 weeks left

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: yes, but I also have asthma so both things are probably contributing.

18. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

April mamas who have officially less than two months like me...ready or not?!!

For me it's a big...NOT!

19. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@bubblegum: NOT! I literally have not washed anything, nor assembled anything, nor painted anything. Lol. My DH is getting his wisdom teeth out this Thurs so this weekend will probably be a wash. Next weekend is his birthday, so.... I'm having trouble seeing how we are going to get ready in time!

20. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I am in the exact same boat! Hopefully everything gets done magically on time lol

21. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@bubblegum: yeah, exactly. Basically I need a fairy godmother to "bibbity, bobbity, boo" me out of this mess. This is the baby's room:

22. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Oh no!!! But I must say I'm jelly of those awesome bins that seem to be full of baby girl clothes! Lucky you!

23. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@bubblegum: well, I'm not sure how much I can use unfortunately. 3 months should be fine, but I don't have much for a summer newborn. DD1 was born in Feb so her clothes were for cool weather. We'll just have to see how this one grows!

24. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Ugh that sucks! Well hopefully you're able to get some good use of some of the clothes

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Another NOT ready. My goal was to have DS in his big boy room by this coming weekend. Here it is today. At least there's a mattress and some bedding I guess...

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: I technically have 9 weeks but I am 100% not ready. I don't have one thing out of storage and we are the middle of a huge house project so the "nursery" is inaccessible until next weekend. Hopefully we can pull everything out next weekend and make progress.

27. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@psw27: thanks! I do worry with the bi-lobed placenta and it gaining any nutrients versus baby, but you're right.

We've got 6 weeks to go and we're also not ready! We've been working on house trim since October and we're still working on it! Baby shower at our house on March 4th so we're aiming to be done by the end of February. Here's his nursery so far! Crib and mattress arrive this week, rocker/glider within a few weeks.

28. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@bubblegum: NOT! Packing up the entire house and we get to start moving by next Wednesday. We are moving the major stuff first like the baby's and kids stuff and then the rest that way if I go into labor while moving we can at least come back to the brand new home rather than the old one. My goal is to be moved and settled by the time Nova is born

29. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Yes!!! My BP is also low. My OB ended up sending me to a cardiologist because of that, in combination with the dizziness. So fun lol

@justjules: @lilteacherbee: I'm on the tall side (5'9) and it's still happening to me! It feels like my diaphragm is in my throat sometimes! lol This is probably going to be a giant baby!

@bubblegum: OMG for me it's a huge READY, but just mentally lol! Physically, the room is almost ready, except for the dressers that are being re-done. I have to wash all her clothes and stuff still, as well as get everything out of the basement. I somehow still feel like it's too soon, but I guess it really isn't! I have 8 weeks left to go (tomorrow)!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I had the exact same problem with DS1 and 2. DS1 was a Feb baby and DS2 was July. I couldn't use almost any of DS1's clothes until around 12 or 18m! All the little stuff I had to buy new.

30. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I'm worried about the clothes situation too. DS1 was August but a preemie, this guy is due in April and hopefully won't be... not sure the summer stuff will be the right sizes at all. I guess I'll just wait and see and hope for the best!

On the NOT ready front.... DH doesn't understand why I even want to get everything out now, he thinks we have "plenty of time" and he can "just get everything once he is here." Ugh!! I don't know how to explain to him that I just want everything settled....

31. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: How have you been feeling? Any more contractions or scares? Take it easy with the moving and packing! I had to empty out my closet the other night and I was pooped afterwards.

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: DS1 was born in November and DS2 was an August baby, so we kinda had the same issue. I ended up just buying some newborn/0-3 month short sleeve onesies which got us through the first few months (I live on the coast of NC, so it's hot until late October).

@bubblegum: I have 10 weeks left and nope, not ready I mean, I'm mentally ready for her to be here, but her room is nowhere close! I think after my shower in 3 weeks, I'll be able to figure out exactly what I need to do. DH and I will probably send the boys to the grandparents for a weekend in March so we can work on it uninterrupted!

33. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: Glad you got the house!! Hope the pre-term labor scares hold off for awhile!

34. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Asking about being ready has made me want to get stuff done!

I'm going to be washing clothes/swaddles/etc today, and then setting aside what I want to take to the hospital for her to put in my hospital bag.

After that, I think I'm going to start a gigantic list of all the stuff that needs to be accomplished/moved/set up/whatever and hang it up somewhere.....I need to get DH motivated! I also remember setting stuff up around this time for DS2 so that DS1 would be used to seeing the stuff around, so it wouldn't be so exciting/new when his sibling arrived.

35. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Ahhh yes, that's a good point! DS1 is still in his crib (at 3y 3m) because he's never tried to climb out So we're setting up his twin bed soon and giving his crib to DS2 and DS2's will go to the nursery. I feel like that should happen soon-ish so neither of them freaks out when the baby gets here.

Also, being a newborn photog while expecting a baby is a problem I've had to hide all my prop groups on FB for now so I don't go crazy!

36. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Do you have to paint the room still or is it staying that gray color?

37. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@littleblessings: OMG moving pregnant!! God bless you! That's tough work girl

38. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: You had me going there for a minute!! lol I was about to be super jealous but your nursery looks amazing so far. Can't wait to see the complete outcome.
    @psw27: Ugh I can imagine how hard that must be. 8 weeks sounds like a lot but it's really not.
    @lilteacherbee: Yes same! I feel like once the shower is over I will then know more or less of what I still have to get.

39. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: I've been having people over to help me while SO is at work. I am quite the pack rat while pregnant so I've needed other eyes to tell me that I don't need everything. Lol. No more scares so far.

@lilteacherbee: thank you!

@bubblegum: it's definitely tough moving boxes around but then again we are literally moving within the same block.

Biggest problem right now is all the kids the LOs have been around were all throwing up last night. Praying we don't catch it!

40. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: Oh man, fingers crossed you all stay healthy!! And congrats on the house!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee