Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: of course you stay with us! I stayed with my September mamas group even though my son was born in August!

2. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

1. Do you have a name picked out? Care to share?

Only because everyone IRL knows, I won't say but a hint is she's being named after a super hero.

2. What's still on your to-do list before baby arrives?

Finish her nursery!!! and if time allows make some frozen meals

3. What's your biggest complaint/hurdle this pregnancy?

Keeping up with a toddler lol second go around with a toddler to take care of is a lot more rough than the first pregnancy with no kids to care for

4. How many weeks are you now?

30 weeks!!! 10 to go!

5. For those that work outside the home, are you starting maternity leave a little early or working until you go into labor?

Working until my c-section!

6. Craving any foods lately?

Olives!

7. For those with other kids or even pets, are you doing anything to prepare them for baby?

DS is too young to really understand but we have his therapist bring baby dolls to session to get him use to having to "deal" with a baby

8. Have you pre-registered at your hospital/birthing center yet?

I guess...it's a planned c-section so they have me on the schedule

9. Do any of you sleep through the night or is everyone just as uncomfortable? I get this one totally depends on if you have other kids that actually sleep... haha 😜

For the most part I'm able to sleep but always up keeping on the LO

10. What are you looking forward to most in the next few weeks before you deliver?

BABY SHOWER!!!! without a doubt

3. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

We're still debating between Joanna Elaine and Juliette Elaine.

Um, everything? I feel like I haven't gotten anything done. We need to do a garage sale, clean out her room, wash all the things, go thru DD1 clothes, clean the house, etc etc.

Probably trying keeping up with my 3yo!

29 weeks!

5. For those that work outside the home, are you starting maternity leave a little early or working until you go into labor?
    I'm a SAHM.

No cravings this pregnancy!

7. For those with other kids or even pets, are you doing anything to prepare them for baby?
    DD is really excited for the baby. We're not doing much other than talk to her about what's going to happen and how it'll be different,but still play with her, etc.

Nope! I probably should ask my OB about the paperwork for registration.

9. Do any of you sleep through the night or is everyone just as uncomfortable?
    I'm sleeping pretty good at night still. Just waking up to turn over a lot.

10. What are you looking forward to most in the next few weeks before you deliver?
    Getting the room together, having a sprinkle, and hosting a big play date as a last hurrah!

4. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@bubblegum: woo! we like it too

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@justjules: Hopefully you don't go through the stuggle of people not understanding the name. If I have a nickle for every time my mom had to say to someone, "Eden, like the Garden of Eden"

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Whew - little man is definitely running out of room. The stretching and kicks have taken over my whole middle, from bladder/cervix to ribs. I swear, one kick to the wrong spot and I'm going to pee myself.

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: I feel the same way. Every once in awhile she kicks me and it feels like my bladder is going to explode, and I simultaneously can't breathe because she's somehow up there too Lol!

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

I broke out of jail - AKA the hospital. Taking the weekend and Monday off from work until I have a follow-up appointment and labs to make sure I'm not severe preeclampsia. Also going to light duty. I think that will help a lot. My job isn't exactly stress free. The last thing I did before going up to L& D to get evaluated was intubate a patient with a head injury. Needless to say, not good for the blood pressure. But my new due date is March 15 (37 weeks) unless something changes. Lesson learned this week - listen to my body and stick up for myself.

9. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Same here. I'm 5' with a short torso, so I literally feel her in my ribs and then kicking my bladder within seconds. So fun!

@yellowbeach: You have a stressful job for sure! Glad you're able to take it somewhat easy these last few weeks!

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: Wow! March 15. That sounds so soon

So, some stars have aligned and I have a whole weekend all to myself. DH had a boys trip planned to go skiing this weekend, but then my parents asked if they could take DS with them to the beach this weekend. They invited me too, but I thought "I can get so much done with a weekend alone at home". I'm so excited!

11. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

In labor and delivery. Started having contractions tonight. Prayers please.

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Omg, that sounds amazing!! Enjoy your weekend!

@psw27: Oh no, hope they're able to stop contractions. Sending prayers keep us updated!

13. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

Whoa! So much has happened over this week! I'm trying to catch up now!

Yes! His name will be Waylon which some people hate but the population I work with I needed something "new".

Get our new washer and dryer stacked (stupid sears delivered the wrong ones), prep for maternity leave, set up nursery, 2 baby showers and a wedding!

No real issues, pain under my rib area, more muscles. Being called "lil mama" at work-please call me by my name!

32 weeks!

Currently planning continuing work until March 31st. However, the last two weeks will be covered by my aide and I will finish paperwork.

Blueberry muffins, chocolate chip cookies, pizza, Mexican food- BRING ON THE CARBS!

We have two labs, one adopted one from a breeder. We've introduced them to the crying etc. our adopted guy grew up with two little girls since their birth so he'll be fine. Our smaller one we worry more about, but our neighbors offered to walk them every other day for us. So sweet!

Yup!

9. Do any of you sleep through the night or is everyone just as uncomfortable?
    I haven't slept since I got pregnant. It's been an awful go but I'm functioning so I stopped complaining.

I have a week off from work in 1 week, two prenatal massages and one more peek at little man!

14. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@psw27: prayers your way! ❤

15. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@psw27: praying now!

16. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

Yikes, I just caught up reading the past few pages. Been juggling two sick toddlers plus work has really picked up lately (WFH plus SAHM, busy to say the least). I won't reply to everyone but do know that I did read all your updates and comments.

@psw27: Praying. Lots of prayers for you and baby.

17. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Thanks ladies. Cervix is closed just waiting on some tests so that's good news so far. Feeling better-ish but having contractions still. If they aren't moving my cervix along I don't really care. Hoping to get out of here soon. I'm exhausted from the anxiety! Thanks for thinking of me. Xoxo

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: oh my! I hope your tests came back good and you're resting at home with a closed cervix!

19. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Everything came back completely normal! Phew! So the swab said there is no indication of early labor and those tests are predictive of a few weeks out so the contractions were literally nuisance contractions. Phew! Believe it or not, I'm already at work... I took a nice 4 hour nap and was up at normal time.

Thanks for thinking of me everyone! I really appreciate it. xo.

Now back to our regular, happy discussions!

20. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Whew! Glad to hear it. Man, we April mamas need to stop having early labor scares.

21. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@psw27: So glad everything is okay! Hang in there!

Just finished drinking the glucola. Fingers crossed I pass! I also talked with the OB about setting a RCS date, so I'll be getting a call about that soon. It's starting to get real!

22. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: I'm glad everything turned out okay. Did they give you a shot to stop the contractions?

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: no, they gradually died down on their own. And since they aren't the "helpful" labor kind, they don't do anything except give me anxiety. It's going to be a long 6 weeks and 5 days until I'm term.... but who is counting.

24. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: mine weren't helpful either but they had to stop them before they became the helpful kind.

25. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: what did they give you? I'm going to ask at my doctors appointment on Wednesday if there is anything else we should be doing. It's way too early to have this baby!

26. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: they gave me brethine at the hospital. I had to have two of the shot. It usually works a good couple weeks. They just had to stop those darn contractions. Unfortunately they said I seem to be really prone to preterm contractions being steady like that. Because the fetal fibronectin came back negative they are no longer calling it preterm labor.

27. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: yup same as me, the fibronectin was negative so they were just calling them preterm contractions but not labor. I guess they didn't give them to me cause they tapered off while I was there? I'm definitely going to ask about that shot at my doctors appointment. Thank you! Have you had any more contractions since you got the shot?

28. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: last night and today they have started back up along with pelvic pain and nausea. I'm hoping with water they taper off. If not I'll be spending mine and my SOs anniversary in the hospital. I've been having contractions and just feeling like crap this morning. Hoping the nausea stops

29. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: oh no, I hope they have tapered off. 😢

30. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Readmitted now with HELLP syndrome and getting induced.

Wish us luck!

31. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@psw27: so glad things slowed down! Stay in there baby!
    @littleblessings: how are you feeling now?!
    @yellowbeach: oh my! sending prayers your way!!!

& sending good juju to the rest of us April mamas. I feel like it's been an eventful few days.

32. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@justjules: I'm at the hospital. Pains and nausea got worse. Also contractions haven't stopped

33. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yellowbeach: Omgosh! Prayers and good luck! Can't wait to see the first April due baby

34. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@littleblessings: are you in labor do they think?

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: good luck! Praying you and baby girl have happy, healthy outcomes!

36. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yellowbeach: Oh my gosh, good luck!! Praying for a safe delivery for you both!

37. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@yellowbeach: Best wishes and prayers being sent! ❤

38. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@yellowbeach: Wishing you luck and sending prayers! Update us when you can.

@littleblessings: How are you and baby?! Sending prayers that everything is alright.

39. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: good luck! Xoxo.

@littleblessings: how are you doing? Thinking of you both!

40. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yellowbeach: @MapleMoose: @psw27: she's still cooking. It was another bout of preterm contractions.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee