Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@justjules: little man decided to make his appearance tonight in a fast and furious manner! Contractions started at 7:30 and he was born at 10:31 after 3 unmedicated pushes!

2. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@psw27: Congratulations!!

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Wow! Congratulations! I hope you're both doing well

4. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@psw27: wow!!! Congrats!!

5. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@psw27: Oh my gosh! Congrats!!!

6. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@psw27: wow congratulations!

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: oh wow! Congratulations!

8. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Hi mamas and mamas to be! Thought I would share the entire story of my wild Wednesday night!

I had an appointment at 10 and they said I was 1 cm and 80% effaced. I worked all day, came home and got my son ready for bed. At around 7:45 I noticed that my usual Braxton Hicks were really painful but didn't think much of it. I tried to eat dinner with my mother in law while waiting for my hubby to get home from an appointment. I couldn't eat cause I was in so much pain so I decided to go lay down and time the contractions. I timed them and they were about every 5 minutes. I called and the midwife basically tried to convince me not to come in because labor and delivery was jammed. My friend works at the hospital and said the same thing but I decided to go in anyway. DH and I got there around 9 and the contractions were closer to every 3 minutes by the time I got to a triage room. I was in a lot of pain and felt like I was going to throw up waiting for a doctor to come examine me. I was still waiting when I told DH to find a nurse cause I needed to push. The nurses came running and sure enough he was completely ready to come out. They were wheeling me to a delivery room as my water finally broke and I was needing to push. I was transferred to a delivery table and immediately pushed through 3 contractions and he was here! It was extremely painful and med free was not my plan but it was less than ten minutes of pushing. Unfortunately I needed some stitches and that was extremely, extremely painful to do without an epidural. Thankfully my recovery seems to be smooth and he is happy and healthy!

9. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@psw27: you go mama!

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Wow, what a crazy story! I'm glad you followed your gut and went in when you did!

I'm at the pharmacy on our way home! Feeling really great

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@psw27: Wow, so crazy!! Glad you're both doing well and I'm jealous of your baby snuggles

@JennyPenny: Yay! Glad your recovery seems to be going well!

Btw, is there a Facebook group for us yet? Since I'm not technically an April mama, I thought I may have missed it

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: OMG what a story!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Hope your recovery is quick!

13. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: yay for going home! How is the little guy doing?

@lilteacherbee: there is but I am not super Facebook saavy so I don't know how to tell you to join!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: thanks! How are you doing?

@ValentineMommy: I'm feeling good! How are you feeling?

14. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

15. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: So far, great! We've had to check a lot of little things that "could be a concern" and so far everything has come back good. His kidney ultrasound is also looking better but not yet perfectly normal so we'll continue keeping an eye on it. It's been a bit stressful but in the end he's healthy, which is fantastic. How is your little guy?

16. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Hi ladies! I'll update on the story soon butttt baby girl R has been here for a couple days and we're totally in love.

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: Thanks!

@JennyPenny: I was wondering how the kidney issues worked out. Glad they aren't too worried!

@bubblegum: Awww, that hair!! Congrats

18. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@psw27: what a story! did we give birth the same day then? (19th?)

@bubblegum: so adorable!

19. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm glad everything seems to be okay. Hopefully it all resolves and isn't s big deal! We had a couple of "watch" items that I think are nothing but it definitely makes you pause. Hope the first night at home went well!

@justjules: yes we did! I saw your update and was like "I'm so jealous, I'm going to be pregnant forever!" And just a few hours later he was here!

@bubblegum: so adorable!!

20. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Congrats on the newest additions to the group! 😍

Today is officially my due date and still no signs of anything happening over here. Put out some good baby vibes for me today! I'll keep you guys posted if anything happens!

21. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: happy due date! I hope things move along for you - you never know! All the good vibes headed your way!

22. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@psw27: @bubblegum: @JennyPenny: Congrats to each of you! Yay for babies!

W slept 9 hours in 3 hour increments last night! The only reason it was in short increments is because I was ready to feed him, I'm past engorgement stage but I still hurt if it's more than 3 hours. Is that normal?

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: yup totally normal. Your body will get used to longer stretches but totally normal.

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: yep. And go slowly as you increase the time between feelings. DS1 magically slept a 7hr stretch at 4 weeks old and I got mastitis. It was awful!

25. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@psw27: Oh my goodness! They didn't give you any anesthetic before stitches?! I had a precipitous labor with my second so no time for meds. I did tear, but they gave me a shot or two to numb the area before stitching me up.

@bubblegum: Too cute!!! Congratulations!

@MissLace: Hope it's not much longer!

@mrsmacSLP: Lucky mama! DS thinks it's time to party at night.

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MapleMoose: they did but it wasn't cutting it. They ended up giving me fentanyl through my IV to calm me down. Horrible!!

27. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@psw27: haha crazy how it works out that way!

28. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

just left my Dr appointment that "they swore i wouldn't make it to" since I'm now 2 days overdue, and I'm STILL only 1cm dilated and barely effaced at all. We set up an induction date for this friday at 7am, although my predicament is that they normally wouldn't induce me until at least may 1st but as of that date i switch insurance because of my husbands new job and I've already paid the deductible and am like $200 away from the $5000 out of pocket max from all my kidney issues & stent replacements so they agreed to do it friday which is the 29th.

Do you guys remember if you stayed 2 nights or 3 in the hospital if you had an uncomplicated vaginal birth? i'm pretty sure i stayed 3 nights with my first delivery, but i also checked in at around 2am so i don't know if that counts as a full night or not. I just want all of the charges to fall under my current insurance so that means id have to be discharged from the hospital by the night of April 30th which would be a 2 night (friday and saturday night) stay.

Better yet, any ideas besides the usual to get this labor going? I've already had sex, ate spicy food, went for walks, bounced on a yoga ball...

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MissLace: Yuck, sorry you're overdue. That's nice that they'll work with you for insurance though! With DS1 I stayed 3 nights after birth (4 nights if you count the night I was laboring) and it was an uncomplicated vaginal birth. They offered for me to go home after 2 days, but all the advice I got was "stay as long as you can!" No tips on starting labor - sounds like you're doing all the right things.

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MissLace: Ahhh the insurance issues sound stressful! I've had c-sections and only stayed 2 nights each time, but I think most of my friends with vaginal births stay 1-2 nights after the baby is born. You're so close!!

@psw27: Ouchhh! 😫

As for me, officially 10 days left!! I'm so done and exhausted. DS1 doesn't have school today and it's been raining for what seems like forever, so we're going stir crazy.

31. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MissLace: ugh, sorry you're over due! I hope you go into labor soon!

@lilteacherbee: I hear ya! My due date is Thurs, so technically I'm 10ish days away from the final date that they'll let me go to. I'm kind of hoping they'll just offer to do a c section on Thurs or friday this week so I can get this all over with! I'm so miserable and my DD gave me a cough and this awful wheeze so sleep has been even worse than normal. I'm just so tired.

32. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: I had Cole after 8 pm so I stayed a third night but I could have left after 2. My DH wanted to take the time and thought I would recover better there without the toddler but I wish we had just come home!

33. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

so i won a free 30 minute massage the other day so i just used it an hour ago and basically told her to just focus on the pressure points that would put me into labor. We'll see if it did anything! Based on those pressure points, fluid and "energy" of those spots she said theres no way i would go past wednesday without a baby in my arms. Here's hoping!

34. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MissLace: I'm thinking of going to get a pedi and asking them to hit all the pressure points too! I might make an appt after my wed appt. Good luck!

35. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: that's awesome! I hope it works! @abbydabbydoodlebug: plus a pedi will feel amazing! Good luck!

36. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

I was feeling pretty crampy last night and this morning, but still no consistent contractions and I'm now 3 days overdue with no sign of a baby yet.

37. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I'm 1 week postpartum and feeling great! My incision site is healing nicely and the pain is minimal though I'm still taking all my pain meds. I had some serious constipation after delivery but that seems to be on the mend as well, thank goodness. Today I'm down 18 lbs, leaving 12 left to get to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm going to try to introduce daily walks to my routine now.

DS2 is also doing great. We've had 1 good night of sleep already, though the rest have been pretty rough. During the day he's sweet and easy though. DS1 had a lot of big emotions while we were still in the hospital but now that we're all back home he seems happy and in love with baby brother. It already feels like we've always been a family of 4

How are all you other postpartum mamas doing? And I hope you pregnant mamas are hanging in there! Sending you positive labor vibes!

38. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @MissLace: Thinking of you both! Hope things start moving along soon

@JennyPenny: Glad you're healing up well! Both of my recoveries were pretty easy considering it's major surgery. Oh, and my DS1 had a hard time adjusting at first, too, but it only lasted a little while. I'm wondering if DS2 will be similar...(the age gap is exactly the same- within days). DS2 is used to sharing attention, not being the only, etc. but he's also a major mama's boy. Sooo who knows!

Still counting down...9 days! I go between feeling like I'm gonna jump out of my skin with anticipation/excitement and being completely freaked out by having 3 kids next week 😳

39. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

2.5 weeks postpartum and feeling pretty great minus one little detail. I am reconsidering the tubal. I know that it's what's best for my family financially and me health wise but I mean I'm 25 and even though I have 3 kids it's hard for me to let go of potentially having more before age 30. Just a little pouring out of my mind.

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: I can relate a bit. I'm 27 with 3 kids and I'm 99% sure we're done, but I can't pull the trigger on the tubal. DH is getting snipped because a reversal would be way less complicated and expensive if we ever decided to have another (again, I'm positive I only want 3 kids, but I guess things *could* change in the next 10 years...)

If you're having serious doubts, you could always try another BC method for now and re-evaluate later.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee