Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@psw27: Yikes! I hope you are feeling better!

@MissLace: @abbydabbydoodlebug: @lilteacherbee: I'm rooting for you ladies. Hope you get sweet snuggles soon!

@MissLace: All three of my deliveries were vaginal without major complications, and I stayed 2-3 nights. I was ready to leave after 1 night with #2 and #3, but newborns are monitored for 48 hours at my hospital, so I stayed 2 nights.

@JennyPenny: That's great progress after major surgery! I'm doing excellent. This is my fastest, easiest recovery yet. The uterine cramps were the most painful this time but I took ibuprofen for a few days. DDs are loving being big sister helpers. It melts my heart.

@littleblessings: @lilteacherbee: DH and I haven't completely ruled out #4 yet, so I'm going back to Mirena. It'll buy us some time to come to a solid decision about a fourth child.

2. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MapleMoose: I'm doing great! I haven't really kept up with the ibuprofen the way I should. My biggest issue is engorgement at this point so I need to step it up a little bit. Glad your recovery is going well!

@jennypenny glad you are recovering well! I can't wait to start walking and getting some fresh air. I hate being cooped up!

Been thinking of all if you mamas still waiting for your babies! Hope you are all hanging in there!

3. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

I really thought I would go into labor last night (although I know I've been saying that the past few nights...). TMI, but I was in the bathroom a lot yesterday and was hoping that was the "cleaning out before labor starts" thing, and was also having contractions 3-5 mins apart again for a few hours but they didn't hurt. Then NOTHING all night. I guess on the bright side I got a pretty solid nights sleep only getting up once to pee and my toddler slept until 7:40 this morning which was pretty glorious haha 😜 Now just sitting here at 4 days overdue...

4. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: oh man! That does seem promising! I hope today is the day! (But woohoo to a good night's sleep!)

5. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

Recovery has been 100x better than my first recovery from hell. With lo1 I had a hard labor that ended with a csection and I couldnt walk for like 2 weeks! I thankfully was able to have a vbac with this one and it's not even comparable. I only stayed one night in the hospital (I pushed for early discharge because of my 18mo old at home), and am feeling good. Obviously pain down there but I am able to walk, drive, sleep (on my stomach! I had to sleep in an upright position after my csection because I was in so much pain). After having such a horribly, miserable experience last time, this feels like a dream!

6. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MissLace: Oh man! Hope something happens soon!! I'm totally jealous that you only woke up once to pee I think I lost count last night. Maybe your contractions will pick up again today/tonight!

@justjules: Yay, so glad your recovery has been easier!! That was the worst part for me with my C-section last time- DS1 was only 20 months and it was SO hard not to lift him before I was supposed to. I imagine I'll struggle with that this time too.

I went shopping with my mom, grandma, and DS2 this morning and now I'm so exhausted I can't move (literally laying on the couch right now and not moving until he wakes from his nap!). One week from tomorrow I'll have my baby in my arms, so I'm trying to enjoy these last few days of being pregnant (ever!). I'm just so dang sore and tired at this point 😬

7. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Looks like I'll be having a C section next Thursday the 4th. I had my appt today and I still haven't dropped, dilated. I'm effaced 50%. Blah. My doctor said I make beautiful babies, but they just don't like to come out of my vagina, ha!

So I suppose I still have time to go into labor on my own, but I'm doubtful. At least DH and I can try to go on a date before baby comes. One more week!

8. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: guess that makes us delivery twins!?

9. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Hello all my April mamas! Baby R has been giving me a run for my money. During the day while she's sleeping, DS is up and running wild, no naps. At night, this precious little girl does not know how to sleep!! Needless to say, our hearts are full and so all the bags under our eyes. We get very little sleep.

I'm 8 days pp and feel pretty great but at night is when all the moving I did during the day hits me but I've been off the meds since last Friday. I want my body to bounce back as well as it can on it's own. I have been pumping wonderfully so I am thankful for that. Still trying to figure out the best plan of pumping for the night. I never pumped to feed DS so it's different. I wake up almost every morning leaking everywhere. No fun.

I feel like I have wayyyy too much going on at times and like the day escapes me so I'm really just trying to figure out a game plan and stay sane. Between DH, DS, DD, school and taking care of myself, it's difficult but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

Thank you to every who wished me and baby R warm wishes. You're all the best. AND kudos to the moms of 2+, you guys are the real MVPs.

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Yes! Exciting!! How are you feeling about another c-section?

One week from tonight I'll be freaking out

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: It can be SO hard adjusting to two! You're doing great, mama! Hope your oldest starts napping again!! Just try to survive at this point. It gets easier after the first couple of months when baby gets on some semblance of a routine.

12. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm feeling ok about it! My Dr said that we can do skin to skin right away and I can have her on my chest for however long I want, as long as everything it's normal of course. I'm glad it'll be much more calm than it was the first time. I didn't see DD for 3-4 hours after she was born! So I'm hopeful that she can stay with me for the majority of the time. My Dr said that they don't give baths in the first 24 hrs anymore either so they won't need need to take her for that. I'm just hoping I won't get an infection in my incision this time. Hopefully I can take care of myself better this time around!

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: This will be my third planned c-section and so far, they've all gone so smoothly! It's weird to walk yourself into the OR and know you'll have a baby in just a little while, but it's very calm. The worst part for me (besides the anxiety around getting a spinal tap) was being nauseated but then they gave me a nice cocktail of something in my IV which calmed me down. I remember feeling so relaxed after the baby was born!

I honestly have no negative feelings about my c-sections! I'm a little nervous about now complications this time because it's my third one, but last time, they said my scar tissue, etc didn't look like an issue. (I had several abdominal surgeries as a child, so I'm always worried about that since I've been operated on a lot in that area!)

14. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: are a spinal tap and epidural the same thing basically? I got an epi with my first since I was induced. Whatever they gave me to not throw up last time actually made me throw up (right after my DD was born!) But I hadn't eaten since Monday night and this was Tuesday afternoon.

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I think the major difference is that an epidural is a continuous flow of meds and the spinal is just one injection. I used to be a big baby about needles/shots (traumatized by procedures from my childhood), but having babies and especially dealing with GD with DS1 has cured me of that. BUT the anxiety comes back with the spinal tap because I imagine it's pretty large and also because it freaks me out that I went numb in just seconds! However, that really was the worst part. Everything else was not bad at all!

Do you have a time yet for yours?

16. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: Ok, that makes sense! I think if I don't see the needle I'll be fine? I was in so much pain from the induction last time that I was just like, STICK ME WITH ANYTHING YOU GOT! haha.

No time yet. My Dr said they start at 7 and schedule them every 2 hours after that. Do you have a time yet? How many nights were you in the hospital for your other scheduled ones? Last time, I came in Monday night for my induction, delivered Tuesday afternoon, and was released on Friday morning, ugh. DH used up the whole week he planned to take off from work at the hospital. Thankfully, his job and boss are flexible and he was able to work part time from home. If I make it to my c section day, it'll be a lot better schedule-wise for DH and my MIL, who is coming to stay with DD. Do you have anyone coming to take care of your other kiddos?

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Mine is at 8am! I've stayed 2 nights each time. With DS1, my C-section was at 9:30am on Thursday morning and we were home by 2 or 3pm on Saturday. With DS2, my C-section was at 7:30 am on Tuesday, but they took forever to get him for his circumcision (apparently, lots of boys born at the same time), so we were home around 6pm on Thursday.

We are lucky that we live around lots of family. My parents and in-laws will each have one the night before, then switch off and have the other the next day/night after they bring them to the hospital (they are switching mainly because DS2 is a handful and I don't want them to be too overwhelmed lol). The last night the boys will stay at our house with my sister.

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: I feel you! Ian definitely has his days and nights swapped. He naps solidly all day and is up all night, with a lot of gas pain Were working on trying to teach days and nights now. But it definitely helps that DS1 is in daycare all day.

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I found the biggest difference between a spinal and epidural was how long it took to wear off. I was unable to move my legs for like 8 hours after DS1 was born with the epidural and probably less than an hour with the spinal.

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @lilteacherbee: so excited for you guys to meet your LOs! Also, I feel like we've had a crazy number of C sections in this month board!

19. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Still pregnant (40w5d), at this rate it looks like he's going to make it to the induction tomorrow morning. So weird to think today is my daughters last day as an only child! 😬

20. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: glad you have lots of family support around! Both of our families are about an hour away from us. Unfortunately, my mom isn't as physically able to take care of DD by herself, but my MIL is great too, so I'm lucky in that regard. I don't know what we'd do without family around!

@JennyPenny: @bubblegum: I hope your babies get their days and nights figured out! That's super hard with other LO's at home. Hang in there!

@MissLace: good luck tomorrow!

21. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Thank you so much love. I really hope you're right lol
    @JennyPenny: ugh isn't it the worst!! Like come on kid let's get it together lol
    @abbydabbydoodlebug: Thanks mama!

22. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: thanks! I'm still holding out hope that I'll go into labor today but it's good/weird to know that I'll have a son as of tomorrow!

23. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@bubblegum: I had the same experience with DD2. DD1 wasn't napping during the day, DD2 was awake all night. Plus I was pumping. What ended up working for DH and I was to split the nights into shifts. I would pump a bottle for DH to do a feed. He would stay in the living room with DD2 while I slept in the bedroom (away from her cries so I wouldn't wake up). I'd sleep for a solid 4 hours, say 9pm-1am and then DH and I would switch so he could get 5 hours before work. I needed that solid block of uninterrupted sleep in order to function. We are doing a similar schedule now that DS stays up all night. Don't worry, you'll find your groove and something that works for you and your family. The newborn period is so hard!

24. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: that's actually a really great idea!! Shockingly enough she slept last night but DH goes back to work tomorrow so we may give your idea a shot! Thanks for the love and support I really need it

25. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Heading to the hospital now for my 7am induction. Wish me luck! 😬👍

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: good luck!!

27. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

I've been absent for awhile but everything's going well. We have some bad nights but mostly good! It's only 4am here but W slept from 12:30-4 and we had to wake him! Bliss for this mom!

We had our two week check yesterday and my c section incision is healing perfectly and I've been cleared for more activity (thank goodness I was going crazy!).

@MissLace: good luck!

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MissLace: good luck

@mrsmacSLP: awesome! I'm jealous you have a 2 week check. I don't have anything till my 6 week check and I'd love an official ok to be more active. I feel great so I've been more active than is probably recommended but I'm being careful.

29. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MissLace: Good luck!!! Can't wait to hear about your little guy!

@mrsmacSLP: Glad you're healing nicely! And yay for sleep 🙌

@JennyPenny: I scheduled my 5 week pp check at my appt yesterday. I'm nervous about being able to take it easy with two older kids, especially since DH goes back to work after a week. So thankful to have family nearby, though!

30. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Anyone else beyond grateful for DH now hat the new baby is here?! I am!! He went back to work today after being off for almost two weeks and I miss him and am totally scared of what awaits me today. DD has been sleeping since 6 am after a longgggg night of being up for hours and DS is still asleep. Once they're both up I can only imagine the type of fun we'll have.

31. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@JennyPenny: Realy? I thought 2 week checks were standard! My appointment was with a nurse but as I was walking out two midwives stopped me to see him obviously 😉

32. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MissLace: I hope everything went smoothly!

@lilteacherbee: So now that I have a c section date, I have an irrational fear that I'll go into labor before then! Even though that's what I wanted originally! Lol.

Plus, y'all, the insomnia is real. I woke up at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep. DH woke up at 6 and was asking what I was thinking about and I just started crying over nothing. Ugh.

33. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Yep, I really wanna hold out until the 4th, too! It's just so much easier now that we've figured out who will have the other kids and what days. Just 5 more days!!

Oh, and the insomnia is terrible here. A couple nights ago, I went to bed at 11, didn't fall asleep until 1, and then was awake betweeen 3-5. My mom had BOTH of my boys overnight because I had an appointment the next morning (and could have slept in until 8:30 or so), but I was up at 7 😫

34. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: I know! 5 days and counting! How many weeks will you be when you deliver?

35. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: 39+1, so I'm pretty sure I'll make it to then!

36. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Grant Desmond was born yesterday 4/28 at 2:35pm! He is 7 lb 15oz and 20 inches long. The whole labor & delivery was just 5.5 hrs total from pitocin to holding him!

37. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MissLace: Awww! He is so sweet! Great job mama!

@lilteacherbee: I'll be 41 wks and I have a feeling that baby is gonna be 8.5lbs+! DD1 was 8'13" at 41 wks.

Was there anyone else who went to 41 wks? Lol

38. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MissLace: omggggg he is beautiful!!!! Congrats mama!!!

39. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: yes with DS I went to 41 weeks and two days!

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MissLace: So, so sweet

@abbydabbydoodlebug: DS1 was 8lb 13oz at 39 weeks! My guess for this baby is 8lb 2oz (her growth ultrasounds were very similar to DS2 who was 8lb 3oz).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee