Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: congratulations!! What a cutie!!

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MissLace: congrats!!!!

I've been MIA, as I've been dealing with a maaaajor allergic reaction to, we think, the steri strips after my csection. It's weird, as its my third csec, and I've never had an allergic reaction to anything!!! The itch is way worse than the incision recovery! I'm hoping it clears up soon, cause I can't take it much more!

3. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ValentineMommy: oh man! You just reminded me that whatever adhesive they used on my back for my epi gave me a horrible rash that was so so itchy! I'm going to have to have them make a note for that. I hope you get some relief soon!

4. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yikes!! That sounds awful! Were they able to give you anything to help?!

5. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@MissLace: co ngrats on little Grant!

6. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: that sounds terrible! Can you put anything on it? I use coconut oil to soothe rashes, it might help you?

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I've gotten that rash with every epidural I've had. It's been 3 weeks and a hot shower still makes me itch.

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Thank you! It's the worst!!!

@lilteacherbee: They told me to take Benadryl (which makes me so tired I can't function) and use Cortisone, which temporarily helps, but not a whole lot. I guess it's just a waiting-it-out type of thing. It's not getting any better though, so I'm getting concerned the more days that go by.

@psw27: I might start trying that! I will do just about anything at this point!

9. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ValentineMommy: ugh, it's the worst! Maybe a benedryl spray? I got like 10 bug bites this weekend on my legs and it's the only relief!

10. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MissLace: Congratulations, he is precious! And you look great after just giving birth!

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Ugh, hope it clears up soon! I vaguely remember some type of reaction last time (I think maybe from the yellow stuff they scrub your belly with?!). It was soooo itchy!

How's the little lady?

12. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@MapleMoose: thanks! But realistically that pic was taken the next morning after a shower haha 😉

13. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Hi mamas! How is everyone doing? I hate to ask, but who is still pregnant? I think we should have a few more babies later this week!

14. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@psw27: 🙋 still pregnant over here. C-section is Thursday at 8am soooo about 44 hours left!!!

15. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: hooray!! You must be so excited!

16. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: You're almost there mama!

17. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@psw27: still pregnant here too! My c section is scheduled for 1130 on Thurs!

18. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Anybody else's bellies itch really bad? I find myself itching more now than I did pregnant!

19. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@psw27: @bubblegum: Just finished all of my pre-op stuff The nerves are starting to get to me now (you'd think I'd be an old pro since this is the third time I've been through this, but nope!). I'm also kinda emotional about this being my last day pregnant EVER. Ahhhh, all the feels...

@abbydabbydoodlebug: We're almost there!! Can't wait to hear your update tomorrow!

20. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @lilteacherbee: almost there! So excited for you ladies to snuggle your babies

21. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: Ahh, I know! My DD and I went out to my favorite coffee shop and got treats and went to story time together. I really wanted to enjoy our last morning together as just her and me. what sort of pre-op stuff did you do? I just had my regular appt yesterday and my Dr just told me what time to be there and not to eat or drink after midnight.

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@justjules: Thanks! I'm def ready to be on the other side!!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I had to go talk to a nurse at the hospital's surgical center about all the things I should/shouldn't do (no eating after midnight, no shaving, they gave me special soap to shower with, etc), go over medical history/medications, and get blood work done for something. It was pretty pointless for me because I've done this 3 times in 3.5 years, sooo I kinda know what to expect lol

23. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: haha, wow. I guess my hospital isn't as picky! Lol. I haven't gotten a call yet about any of that. Oh well.

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'll be thinking of you and your LO tomorrow morning! Here's to a safe delivery and speedy recovery for you

25. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yellowbeach: Thank you!!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Haha yeah, it's a little crazy. Thinking of you today, too! Good luck!!!

In the hospital, just waiting about an hour to get started 😊

26. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: good luck! I'm up early with DH because neither of us can sleep. We'll be leaving in a couple hours for the hospital!

27. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Good luck!!!!

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @lilteacherbee: Wishing you both the best today! Can't wait to see your beautiful babies. I'm sure you feel the same way

29. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: @abbydabbydoodlebug: good luck ladies!!!

30. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Joanna Elaine is here! 7 lb 3 oz, 20 inches. We think she'll have curly hair like DH.

31. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug:

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Annabelle Kate was born this morning- 8 lb 3 oz and 19 inches 😍

33. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @lilteacherbee: Congrats mamas!! Both beautiful baby girls! I hope for a speedy recovery for you both!

34. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @lilteacherbee: Look at those adorable babies!! Congratulations! Hope you are both recovering well.

35. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: @MapleMoose: Thank you!! We came home yesterday and so far, she's the easy one Both boys seem to be adjusting well though, so that's good.

The OB did stress after my c-section that she should definitely be the last baby. Apparently, my uterus is thin due to three c-sections and having my babies close-ish together. That was the plan anyway (I've always wanted 3 kids and after this pregnancy, I was even more sure!), but it still feels weird to be solidly done! I definitely feel like our family is complete, though

36. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@bubblegum: @MapleMoose: Thank you! We're heading home today. Took longer than expected to check out because my incision had a 1 inch gap from the staples. So they had to pack it and tape it up a bunch and I'm supposed to go in on Tuesday or Wed to have it checked. So that kind of sucks. But other than that, I'm feeling good. Jojo is eating awesomely. One of my breasts are sore, but I'm hoping that'll go away in time. Had our first diaper blow out, haha. I don't miss those!

37. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: congratulations!! Glad recovery is going well!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: ouch that sounds painful, are you feeling okay?

38. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@psw27: I'm definitely feeling everything more today, but I think that's because I'm walking so much more today. They taped it so much that it's not moving much. My back is sore so I think that's from the spinal. I just need to take it easy which is not easy.

39. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Yikes! Hope it heals better now. I was definitely more sore today, too. There's only so much 'taking it easy' that happens when you have other kids at home. It's hard for me to remember that I can't lift my toddler, but thankfully, DH is mostly wrangling the boys so I can focus on the baby.

@psw27: Thank you!

40. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: IT's the best feeling in the world when you're finally home! As weird as it feels, YAY for having a complete family!!
    @abbydabbydoodlebug: HOLY CRAP!!! I would've freaked. I hope it heals up nicely and yay for being home! Best feeling!

Update on Baby R; She swears that night time is party time. She'll stay up for at least an hour after having her bottle just being fussy and looking around, wanting to be held. NOT a fun time. DS gets so annoyed and will put the covers over his head or take my hands and put them over his ears. He's a trip. R is eating well though and for the most part just on breastmilk. Last night was the first time she had similac to make up the difference because I went out for drinks so she couldn't have that milk. She did well with the formula so I'm glad it didn't mess up her tummy. Other than that we are THRILLED with our two and actually feel complete. The baby factory is closed.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee