Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: @littleblessings: @JennyPenny: Thanks for the commiseration, ladies. I'm just trying to soak up all the newborn snuggles I can!

@justjules: She's seriously so beautiful!!

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

How old is LO? 3 months (14 weeks)

Current weight/height/milestones? Tipping the scales at 11 lbs (almost 3x her birth weight) and with a head in the 97% percentile, not even adjusted for age

What's your LO like? Any personalities showing through?
    She's just this week started interacting and smiling at DH and I. She used to love tummy time but seems to be moving out of that phase. Today we switched from Newborn to Size 1 diapers. She's growing so fast!

Eating: Since I went back to work, my milk has dwindled to about 50% of what it was since I maybe get to pump 1-2 times in a 10-12 hour shift . She's eating 3-4 oz (sometimes 5 oz) of mostly Neosure (for premies) every 3 hours.

Sleeping: Last night she slept through the 3am feed, s we had a great 6 hour stretch of sleep!

How's your recovery going? I've been back to normal with the exception of my waistline since about 2 weeks PP. I survived our first day of daycare yesterday. I expected to be an emotional mess, but I didn't even cry!

Picture

3. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Who all has smiley LOs?

4. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I'm so pumped (excuse the pun 😉) I took inventory today and I've already got a milk stash of ~250oz! With DS1 I struggled to meet his needs pretty much immediately after returning to work so I'm really excited to have a good stash before I go back!

5. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: wow, that's amazing! How did you manage to save that much already? I could never save much with DD1 and so far with DD2, I've only gotten like 1-2 oz. I've only pumped twice though but it doesn't seem like I get a lot. I'm fascinated by moms who have these huge stashes because I can never do that!

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I started pumping first thing in the morning to help relieve some pressure. That's usually 7-8oz. Then I pump before I go to bed to make a bottle for DH to use while I sleep. That's 5-6oz (3 of which get eaten) So I end up with about 10extra ounces every day!

7. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: wow! I never have pressure or leftover milk after I feed DD. That's awesome!

8. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Wow! I think I have like 12 oz just because I've only pumped a few times (she's gotten two bottles so far). With DS2, I pumped every night once he started going to bed at a consistent time. I ended up donating 800 oz to my cousin who has a daughter a few months older (she was EPing and had supply issues). I'd love to have a stash like
    that again!

9. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I feel horrible today. I think I may have a diminished supply already. It really sucks. Either it's diminished supply or growth spurt. Idk which it is but I feel crappy about it.

10. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: don't worry! It's all supply and demand so if you keep nursing your body will eventually catch up. There are lots of growth spurts between 6-8+ weeks so she's probably just growing! Yesterday I had to give myself the same pep talk cause I was so sure I had nothing to else to give him as he ate and ate and ate and ate!

11. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: I just feel soooo bad. She tries eating and just cries and cries.

12. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: I read on kellymom (which is a great breastfeeding website) that the breasts are never truly empty even if they feel like they are so she's probably just frustrated it's not flowing as fast as she wants. Poor babe!

13. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: sounds rough! I've noticed my LO gets really frustrated trying to nurse if he's too sleepy. How's your LO been sleeping? Is she trying to nurse close to sleep time?

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Update!

LO is 7 weeks tomorrow which blows my mind! This past week we took him on his first beach vacation and DH and I had our first date night since he was born. It was so relaxing. We're also finally starting to get smiles and it's so sweet. This week I'm solo parenting cause DH is out of town, but thankfully we have local grandparents so that helps a ton.

What's everyone else up to?

15. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: @JennyPenny: were not really having a problem with nursing today. I think yesterday she was eating a lot more and extremely tired.

I've been continuing to unpack and organize the kids rooms.

16. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: He's so sweet! We started getting smiles yesterday and it's the best 😍 Where do you go to the beach? If you're ever out my way you should let me know!

@littleblessings: Glad nursing seems to be better!

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: we go to Nags Head. My parents have a house there. You're in Wilmington right?

18. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Yep, just a few miles south of Wilmington

19. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Nova had her 2 month well child. She is 11lbs 9ozs and 22in long. She also had her first round of vaccines besides what they gave her in the hospital. She's not feeling too good now from the vaccines.

20. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@littleblessings: 8 weeks already! Wow. I hope she feels better soon. Shots are the pits.

We're almost 6 weeks over here and Jojo is just statying to sleep 4-6 hr stretches. The evenings have been a little tougher because she doesn't sleep, except in 5-15 min spurts and she's kind of cranky, but thankfully, I have DH to help me with both girls. Dd1 has been AMAZING. I'm so impressed with how she's handled everything. The first 2-3 weeks were rough, but we just buckled down on following through with what we say and she got it eventually lol. I went on my first trip to the grocery store with both kids yesterday (had been using curbside pickup which AWESOME). I don't have a carrier yet, so DD2 slept in the carseat in the big part of the cart, while DD1 walked and occasionally hung onto the sides of the cart and helped me. It went great! I was so proud of myself lol. So basically, things are going really well here. I'm handling things so much better than I did with DD1. The adjustment hasn't been bad at all and for that, I'm super thankful.

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: yuck, not looking forward to more shots

@abbydabbydoodlebug: awesome job! I haven't tried shopping with both yet - doing bedtime with both feels like a big enough accomplishment.

We're doing pretty well here. DS2 has given me 3 nights in a row where he's slept till 6am with no wake ups and it feels like heaven! However, I'm just getting over my 3rd case of mastitis which came at the tail end of a week of solo parenting. Thank goodness we have local family because I don't know what I would have done without their help!

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Oh! And we filed paperwork for DS2's passport (and DHs first US one) today! We're heading to France in August for BILs wedding

23. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: ouch! I'm sorry about the mastitis. But that sleep though! Wow!

24. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Hello my April mamas!!! I fell off the face of the earth; between the two babies, DH and my school work I was spent! But my semester just ended so helloooooooo! How is everyone doing? How are all the beautiful babies?

25. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Dang so jealous of you mamas and your kids that sleep. C is doing great but he doesn't sleep longer than 3.5 hours for his first stretch and then 2 hours after that. He usually doesn't want to sleep past 5 am... Blah. I just keep trying to stick with the bedtime routine and hope that he catches on soon. Thankfully he goes back to sleep in under 15 mins so the wakeups aren't long.

DS1 has been an angel with his brother. I'm super impressed by him!

@JennyPenny: sorry about the mastitis. I just got DS2 passport photo today! We might have to move overseas at some point so we are preparing just in case.

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: congrats on finishing your semester! You are a rockstar!!

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: wow, that's awesome! Congrats!

@psw27: aren't baby passports the funniest thing? I hope the potential move would be a positive. I'd love to live in another country for a few years

LO had his daycare orientation today. I go back to work in 2 weeks. It's longer than last time but it still has flown by! How about the other working mamas - when do you go back?

28. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: um if it happens it would be Australia so that would definitely be amazing!! But I don't think it will happen.

I'm heading back to work in September, my boss is letting me take 20 (unpaid) weeks. Thankful!!

29. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: @JennyPenny: Thank you ladies!! Have you ladies return back to work or if you're lucky enough to be a stay at home mom, how's that been?

I return back to work Monday exactly two months off and it's back to work without my babies

30. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: @psw27: Thank you ladies!! I really appreciate it. I'm so happy I trucked through it

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: I go back two weeks from today. I'm really lucky though because my kids go to daycare on site at my work. With LO1 I would walk over to daycare to nurse once a day and I plan to do the same with LO2. I feel like I get the perks of being a WOHM (money, adult time, etc.) but I still get to see my LO during the day.

32. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: aww that's a win win for sure!!

33. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@psw27: We were in this same boat until we started using the Baby Merlin Magic Sleepsuit. She sleeps 6-8 hours now. Now, once she starts rolling over and has to stop using it, I'm sure we'll have a new challenge, but that sleep has been a lifesaver.

34. mrswilson2012

grape / 93 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Love, love, love grocery pick up. It's been a life saver!

@JennyPenny: We are planning to get DD a passport in then next few weeks too! I go back to work August 10th but DD won't start daycare until September 5th. So nervous about the transition back to work with a newborn!

Hope all you mamas are doing well!

35. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: 😕 tried the magic sleep suit tonight and he's been up 3 times already so it's not going well. It was magic for his brother so I was hoping it would be for him too. He did fall asleep earlier in it but he's waking up even more! He really likes the halo swaddle sack so he's back in it now (...at 3 am). Ugh. Sleep deprivation is hard.

36. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

What a crazy 8 weeks it's been. DS was rushed to the Children's Hospital with a suspected blockage at 6 weeks, but thankfully the scan was negative. Turns out it's severe food allergies that was causing the projectile vomiting and GI bleeding. I had to abruptly wean from breastfeeding just when things were getting better on that front. Still sore after 2 weeks of weaning because I had such an oversupply from his eating every HOUR for weeks. I'm bummed, but this being my 3rd child with allergies I can't really say I'm surprised. Alimentum and Nutramigen aren't working too well so we're running a feeding trial with Neocate next.

Thanks for letting me vent! It's not all bad. DD1 and DD2 are doing awesome as big sisters and somehow DH and I are surviving life with 3 under 4. We are planning our 5 year wedding anniversary trip sans kids, so that will be fun!

37. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: oh goodness! Sounds so scary! And 3 kids with allergies!? You are one tough mama!

38. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: Thanks hun! We mamas are a tough breed. Not going to lie, I was absolutely terrified as everything escalated so quickly. I'm just thankful that he didn't have a blockage (pyloric stenosis) as that would have required surgery to correct.

39. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MapleMoose: yikes! That definitely sounds scary. I hope he takes to the neocate well!

40. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Thank you!! Me too. It's so hard to see him this uncomfortable but the pediatrician wanted to give the breastmilk a full chance to leave his system (2-4 weeks) before switching to Neocate. His next appointment is this Friday. Just gotta get through this week!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee