Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: me! I wasn't sure I wanted a third and now I want one asap! But that's not realistic so I will reevaluate in 18 months or so!

2. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@JennyPenny: @psw27: this is funny because I am in the opposite boat. I always wanted a big family. I'm from a family of 8 and DH and I talked about wanting 4 kids but after LO2 was born we both suddenly feel fine with just two. I know 3 months pp is not the time to finalize such decisions but neither of us are big baby people so I think I could be convinced that this is our last one. Who knows how I'll feel in a year though.

3. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yellowbeach: Awww!!

@JennyPenny: @psw27: Haha I say go for the third!! We're 99% sure we're done, but I always get pregnant again when the baby turns one which is how we ended up with 3 under 4. I loooove the newborn/infant stages so much and would have 5 more if it were practical! hahaha

4. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: @justjules: DH and have both always said "3 maybe 4" but after DS2 now I'm leaning more towards 4 and DH is saying he'd be okay with 2 and "doesn't want to have a 3rd just because that's what we always said. we should discuss it when its time" Like @psw27, this convo is 18 months away at least so who knows what will happen in the meantime, but right now I feel very strongly that I want to do this all again

5. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

A quick pic/update:

Eden just hit 3 months. Unfortunately, she is a pretty fussy baby. She struggles with gas issues, has MAJOR mommy preference, and if she is awake for more than 1.5hours will loose it. Also will scream bloody murder anytime we are in the car. Sigh. Ezra (21months) has been such a trooper. He never complains when she is screaming in the car (and has fallen asleep several times!) it's so cute to see him display empathy. I was putting him to bed last night and we could hear her screams from the other room (anytime my husband holds her ) and Ezra looked at me and said "Eden cry" then paused and smiled "pappy?" (Paci) it warmed my heart to see him trouble shoot haha.

6. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

Cute when not screaming

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm feeling the fever and Nova was my 3rd

Here's my Nova update picture!

8. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

All of you are crazy for wanting another baby right now. Lol. Y'all must be getting more sleep than me or drinking crazy water. Ha.

Jojo has started a habit of waking every hour from 3-7am. I'm pretty sure we're done with 2. Lol.

9. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Also, she doesn't nap. So I get maybe 30 min to myself to scarf down food and pee. Ugh. Please tell me that y'alls babies don't sleep either.

10. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

It's a good thing they're cute.

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@justjules: is that a recent picture. That makes me feel like mine's a giant!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: so cute! Definitely makes it worth it. I do think my baby fever is helped by having good sleepers.

12. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@JennyPenny: it's a week or two old. She is really petite!

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Such cute babies! 😍

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Mine is a good sleeper, but DS2 was terrible. Like, still woke up 2-3 times a night at 12 months. Butttt I think I just have baby fever all the time because I still had another one and they're only 21 months apart 😳

14. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: @abbydabbydoodlebug: I was blessed with an awesome sleeper. She naps 4-5 times a day and then sleeps all night from 10-6

15. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@littleblessings: omg. I count myself lucky to get 4 hours straight from Jojo. And that's 730-1130. I don't understand how I got a bad sleeper, I really tried to put her down awake early on. But I literally had to bounce her in the bouncer for 1.5hrs today while she woke up every 5-30 minutes crying, then falling back asleep. Ugh

16. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Ian is a rock star. He goes to bed at 7:30 and then I usually wake him up at 8:30 cause I have to get to work.

@abbydabbydoodlebug: have you tried a dream feed? It worked great for both my kids and really helped us get sleep at a reasonable time.

17. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

I'm curious as to what everyone's nap schedule is like? With Ezra I just followed his cues and it was easy to get in naps since he was the only one, but now with Eden I feel like I'm constantly changing it up, interrupting her scheduale for Ezra etc. I wonder how much that contributes to her general fussiness (and the fact that she CANNOT take naps "on the go" since she hates the car)!

Here's a general scheduale:
    6am wake up
    7:15-8:15 nap in the sling while I get everything ready for the day
    She is at the Y childcare in the mornings and takes anywhere from a 10-45min nap
    12:00-2:00 nap in her docatot
    4:30-6:00 nap in sling while I make dinner and feed Ezra
    7:30-8:00 bedtime
    (I dream feed at 10 then she wakes up once around 2am to nurse again)

So two long times and two short morning naps

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@justjules: Ian's schedule is usually something like this:

8:30 wake up and nurse
    10-11:30 nap
    11:30 nurse or bottle at daycare
    1-2:30 nap
    2:30 nurse or bottle at daycare
    4-5 nap
    5:00 nurse or bottle at daycare
    7:00 start bedtime routine
    7:30 last nurse before bed
    11:00pm dream feed

He usually has 3 naps a day. The first two are usually about 1.5 hours each. If they go long he might skip the 3rd nap or only take a 20 min catnap.

19. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@justjules: OMG!! Be still my heart! She's adorable!!!

20. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: My girl sleeps through the night and I STILL don't want another baby! Lol these April mamas have us beat on the baby fever!

21. CoolCate

olive / 69 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@CoolCate: Congratulations! April is a great time to have a baby! But I suspect you're looking for the April 2018 group. We all have 3 month olds Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy

23. CoolCate

olive / 69 posts

@JennyPenny: OH woops! haha

24. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

So jealous of everyone's good nappers. I have no idea how to get Jojo to sleep longer than 30 min when not being in the carrier or car. At least she will nap on the go unlike my first.

@justjules: I'm constantly doing stuff almost every morning with my 3yo. I can't stay home in nap jail this time! I'll go crazy. Obviously I am no help since Jojo is a crappy sleeper for day and night.

@JennyPenny: haven't tried that yet! Maybe I'll try that for a few days and see if it helps. What time do you usually do a dream feed? Just whenever you go to bed?

Maybe my kids don't nap until we do sleep training. I'm really clueless to what I'm doing wrong, if anything, to get Jojo to nap better. I'm looking for slerpy signs, putting her down within 1.15 to 1.30 hrs awake, try to put her down awake. I'm just clueless and getting really frustrated. At least I have like 2 months left until I can sleep train. I just am afraid of how bad it's going to get because I remember with my first that it was so bad and I was going so crazy over it. But at least my first was sleeping way better at night than Jojo is.

Eta: so Jojo has been sleeping over an hour with minimal interventions to get her back to sleep. Wtf. I'm confused.

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I have DH do dream feed with a bottle of pumped milk. It's hard to do a nursed dream feed. So I pump around 9:30 and then head to bed. DH does dream feed at 11 before he comes to bed. The goal is to catch them before their close to waking up. For both my DSs within a few days of starting this the long stretch of sleep happens after the dream feed. So before DS would wake up at 12 then 2 then 4 etc. With dream feed the first wake up would be at 4. By then, since I went to bed at 10, I've had a 6 hr stretch of sleep. I will say that it took at least a week to work so I'd give it some time if you give it a try. It takes them a while to get used to it. The first few nights DS wouldn't even drink anything.

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. Ian has his first cold DS1 is still getting over the same cold and has had it for about 3 weeks, but only 3-4 days were actually bad. I'm hoping we get those out of the way soon because we leave for 2.5 weeks in France on Saturday...

27. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I have been SO out of the loop (I haven't been online since the baby was born!)

Just letting everyone know I'm still here and will be back in full posting mode next week when I return to work (booooooo).

@JennyPenny: that first cold is the worst, but Ian will be ok!! Annelise got her first one at 2.5 weeks old, compliments of her oldest brother.

As for baby fever - I'm done! I was in the 3 maybe 4 category, but the doctor suggested another csection wouldn't be best. Also, dh was done with 3, so I didn't have much choice.

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

How's everyone's LO sleeping? Anyone hitting the 4m sleep regression??

29. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@ValentineMommy: Eden's entire 4 months of life has been one long regression #teamnosleep

30. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@justjules: girl, you and me both. She was sleeping way better as a new baby than the past few days. Sleep just keeps getting worse and worse. Now she'll do a 3 or 4 hr stretch 7-10/11, then every hour and half for the rest of the night. Then by some miracle, she'll do a 3 hr stretch from 5-8am, but I'm up at 7 with DD1. It's line, why don't you sleep when I'm sleeping? She won't nap longer than 30 min. Sometimes I can get her to nap in the carrier in the afternoon but i get no rest. It sucks. I'm actually looking forward to sleep training. Like, counting down the weeks. I had a total meltdown the other day. Like, crying for hours. My DH took today off to help and I'm in a much better mental state now.

I'm now firmly in the camp of NO MORE BABIES. EVER.

31. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@JennyPenny: I hope he has a quick recovery! My LO was in the ER at 5 weeks with a virus! It ended up not being serious but of course they are cautious with a baby so young. She had another cold type virus at 11 weeks! I really hope it's not indicative of a lot of sickness coming during actual cold and flu season.

This was my first week back at work and I'm starting to worry it's going to disrupt my little girl's night sleep. It did with my son a few years ago. She was up from 3-5 this morning then back down until 8. I was working from home so just worked in bed with her until she woke up.

32. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Anyone have fun plans this weekend?

33. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: no fun plans, but whoa, she has beautiful eyes! 😍

34. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yellowbeach: no plans. SO went to a bachelor party and we were supposed to have a bonfire but he just got home it's almost 11pm so that won't be happening.

35. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Good luck heading back to work. I'll be thinking of you. I need to be at peace being "done" like you- they told me I *could* have another one, but it would be risky. DH is definitely more in the done camp, although he wouldn't be opposed to another years down the road. I'm trying to think about being able to focus more on the little ones I have now and growing my business as positives to being done. I'm getting there, but it's hard. The last 5 years have been focused on TTC and babies, so it's weird to think about closing that chapter.

@yellowbeach: Her eyes are incredible!! Such a beauty!

As for us, we're hanging in there. A is a pretty easy going baby at the moment. She's still sleeping through the night, but I'm nervous for the 4 month sleep regression. Life with three kids is chaotic, but I feel like it's been way easier than the transition from 1-2 kids. Those of you who just had #2, hang in there It was super hard for me the first 6 months or so, but it gets better.

36. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Hi ladies! Just checking in to say hi! Nothing too exciting to report over here. Cole has been doing much better with his sleep since we moved him to the crib in his own room, nothing crazy like sleeping 12 hours but I'm getting 4-5 hours straight and that feels pretty good! I'm sorry for those of you going through the sleep regression. I'm sure I'll be there soon since he's never been a great sleeper to begin with... Ugh!

I'm heading back to work the day after Labor Day and I'm so nervous about how to handle it all. I feel like I'm barely keeping up with it all and I'm home all day. Oof. Plus I just hate the thought of leaving the little guy 😢 I really need to get organized these next few weeks with dinners!

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: It's definitely weird to think of being done with this chapter in our lives. Like you, it's been 5 years for us too. The one thing I look forward to is trying to gain "my" body back without having to worry about it changing due to pregnancy again. Other than that, I'm trying to savor all the little baby things, but it's hard knowing another little one won't be coming....I think that's what is making going back to work this time harder than the others. It feels so final.

38. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@ValentineMommy: This sleep regression is no joke. I'm so exhausted and I returned to work yesterday. W slept so good until Monday, only waking once for a feed. Last night he woke 4 times!

Does anyone have suggestions on falling back asleep for adults? W wil fall asleep fast but for me it takes 45 minutes-2hours which I think is what's exhausting me more.

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I am right there with you!!! I have an awful time falling asleep. Last night the baby woke a few times just for her pacifier. She was back out in like 2 minutes but I was up for a good 15-20 minutes each time. A few minutes after I fall back asleep, she's up again for her paci! It's not a fun dance. I'm ready to glue the thing in her face lol Today's my first day back to work (from home today), and I'm dreading tomorrow, since I'm going into the office and have to be there by 6am.

My boys were already sleeping in their rooms by this point, but knowing she's my last, I'm trying to savor having her right next to me in our room. I'm nervous how that's going to play out tomorrow morning when I have to get ready for work!

40. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

During the 4-5 times that I'm up nursing Jojo between the hours of 10pm-6am, I have a lot of time to think. Jojo has a tendancy to kick A LOT while nursing and very often, while staring at my sleeping husband, I have to resist the urge to shift over and inch or two so Jojo can kick him in the face. ...I'm pretty sure that's the sleep deprivation talking though.

That's my thought for the day/past 3 months. I'm planning on asking my ped in a couple weeks at her 4 month appt what to do about this ridiculous sleeping that's (not)happening.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee