Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@JennyPenny: we are finally back in Houston after being away for a month. Several streets around us are just trashed with piles and piles of ripped up carpet, moldy furniture etc. it's very sad. my husband's boss (we are close to the family) lost their (very nice) house and their cars (including a tesla). thankfully we just lost a storage unit. It's going to take awhile for things to go back to "normal"

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Two nights ago eden only got up twice (3:00 and 4:30 then up for good at 640) I was so happy.....but last night she was back to her normal song and dance of up 5-6 times a night. Mama is tired! I'm thinking of moving her to a crib in another room to see if that helps. But I don't want to make the walk 5-6x a night. Right now she is next to me so it's easy to get to her

2. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@justjules: that's exactly what I was afraid of too. But her sleep has definitely gotten marginally better. I try not to feed her more than every 3hrs after bedtime, so my husband will go in and try to put her to bed if she wakes up sooner than that. So we have good nights and bad nights. We're also trying to let her fuss for naps after we rock her to drowsy/ asleep. I nurse her to sleep at night usually.

I'm glad you're back in Houston. The whole thing is just so sad for everyone.

3. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I can’t believe our babies are almost 6 months old.

4. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@littleblessings: ack! I know! How is everyone doing? Any cute pics lately? Here is litle E a few weeks ago. She has been MUCH happier in the last 2 months but her sleep is still crap city

5. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@justjules: I'm glad it's getting slightly better for you! This time will be so short in the grand scheme of things. Or at least, that's what I tell myself.

Month 3 and the beginning of 4 was awful. It's finally getting a little better now that we're sleep training sort of. She gave me 4 hours of sleep in a row from 3-7am last night! That's the first time since she was born that I've gotten more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep.

We started solids today, kind of on a whim since she's been super grabby and staring at us while we eat. All I had was applesauce on hand so I gave her a few spoonfuls. She liked it!

6. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Most recent picture of Nova. She is just starting solids now too. She stole a bite of my butterscotch pudding while I was talking to SO and holding her. I figured peaches are better for her and similar color. Lol. Any nursing mamas getting bit? I’m going nuts over here with the constant biting.

7. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@justjules: @abbydabbydoodlebug: @littleblessings: Such cute girls!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Ugh, I hear you on beginning of month 4. A was my magical unicorn sleeper, but not so much anymore. She still mostly STTN (thank goodness), but it takes us hourssss to get her down at night because she wakes up after a few minutes. Plus, her naps are the same way and she only sleeps 30-45 minutes most of the time. Yesterday she was literally awake from 3pm-10pm no matter what I tried.

A will be 5 months next week! So crazy!

8. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: rough! Jojo has been cat napping since like 2.5 months old. We've finally gotten a couple long naps here and there. The most recent thing is her absolutely refusing her 4th nap of the day, so I'm experimenting with pushing awake times and just doing 3 naps and hope one is longer than 40 min . Today was not the case, so she went to bed at 6pm. Hoping for better days to come for both of us!

@littleblessings: yes to biting over here! Ouch! She only does it when she's finished nursing. I do not want to add teeth to the mix!

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I love picture updates! So many cuties!

We're still getting the hang of solids over here. Also working on sitting and rolling over. He seems close but not quite there on both. Ian is still a rockstar sleeper (knock on wood) but he also only takes 2-3 naps a day.

10. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: Nova sleeps through the night but also only takes 2-3 naps. One around 9 am and another around 3pm. The 3pm one is super long. I try to get her to nap at 1pm but she’s made it quite clear that isn’t happening

11. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: those little bites hurt so bad.

12. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

13. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I can't believe how big all the babes are getting!!

Here is Annelise. She's 5 months now and so, so sweet and happy. She thankfully does NOT have brittle bone disease, but we are still trying to figure out what happened. It's been really hard, but I'm just trying to focus on her sweet little face and disposition.

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: That is great news!

15. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Here we are at almost 8 months! (DOB 2/12)

Everything is going well with her health and development. Her shunt so far shows no signs of failure or infection. We see the Neonatologist for a follow-up appointment next week. She's already wearing 9 months clothes even though she's only 8 months. So she's caught up with her growth from being a premie already!

16. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yellowbeach: So glad she's doing well!! Such a cutie 😍

@ValentineMommy: Such great news! Hope they figure out what's going on. I'm sure that's so stressful.

17. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Anyone finally enjoying some Fall weather? We did a photo shoot yesterday morning with no blowouts or meltdowns! I'll finally have a Christmas card this year. I've officially reached adulthood!

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: so cute! I'm glad your photo shoot went well. With kiddos you never know.. We've finally gotten a bit of a chill this week. We took the boys to the state fair last night and DS1 had a blast. Ian did well though obviously didn't find it particularly interesting. We did take advantage of his new skill of holding his own bottle though!

19. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I did a photo shoot with Nova earlier last month. It’s really cold here now.

Just going to do a little update

Sleep: She sleeps through the night
    Teeth: None yet
    Eating: still mostly nursed, loves most other foods, hates peas
    Attitude: she barely cries, does let out a screech when mad or wanting attention
    Development: she has been sitting up by herself for a while now. She says mama, dada and haha (mama was first. She literally will say haha) she is starting to crawl now
    Halloween costume: was a lamb

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

How is everyone doing on milestones?

We just reached 9 months on Sunday and she crawled yesterday for the first time. Much to my dismay but not surprisingly, she said "dada" first. We are advancing her diet as aggressively as possible bc daycare says she's stealing everyone's food at meals.

On a side note, we are headed to the Bahamas in 2 weeks for a destination wedding and taking her along. Any tips for ground travel? rental cars are crazy expensive and taxis seem difficult due to the carseat need. Has anyone ever rented baby gear locally when travelling?

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Ian’s almost 7 months. He sits well and is very close to crawling. He isn’t really talking at all which is so different from DS1. No teeth yet but he’s been very grumpy this past week and I think it might be the start of them coming in...

@yellowbeach: does she still use an infant carrier/travel system? If so I’d bring the carrier and stroller. I’m pretty sure most carriers can be car seats without the base. It’ll give you a lot of flexibility while traveling and you can take them through the airport and gate check.

22. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

Update for E!
    Sleep: still wakes up 2-4x a night
    Teeth: none
    Eating: nursing, and starting BLW- likes bananas. I need to get on this more.
    Attitude: much better than before! Laid back and happy with me and starting to warm up to dad and child care workers..... but still super attached to me and will sometimes go into hysterics if I’m not with her. Bit of a drama queen, this one.
    Development: sitting up on her own. Has been able to roll both ways for a while but still HATES being on her stomach. Her brother was really ahead of his milestones so I’m trying not to compare but as this rate she will never crawl. Haha. Oh well.

23. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Hi mamas! Wow I haven't posted on here in forever!! I'm so happy to see all the babies, mamas, and older siblings are doing great!

R is a wild one! She started crawling at 6 months and got her two teeth at about the same time. She'll be 7 months tomorrow. Time is flying with this little one. She's no longer on breast milk but we did our best! Can't wait for these formula days to be over. They're killing me!! She's ahead DS in milestones BUT boy is she lazy. She's STILL not holding her bottle and DS was doing that at like 4 months. (but he was a much bigger baby so maybe that's why) Other than all that, she's a healthy little mamas and we've been loving having that complete family feel with her around.

24. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

A is 6.5 months now!

Sleep: Well she WAS sleeping through the night until about 4.5 months, now she's up 2-3 times a night.
    Teeth: 2 bottom teeth!
    Eating: Nursing and purées
    Attitude: She's pretty happy as long as someone is holding her. She's very much a mama's girl right now and if I'm in the room, she'll screech until I acknowledge her.
    Development: She rolls both ways and we're working on sitting independently (she's gotten really good at tripod sitting lately).

I can't believe she's over half a year old!

25. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@justjules: Ugh I feel you on the night wake ups 🙄 She's so cute, though!

@JennyPenny: A has two teeth that finally came through last week. I feel like she was grumpy for a month before they finally appeared.

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Adding a photo

27. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

A sleep miracle has occurred!

E was waking up 2-4 times at night (sometimes for multiple hours at a time) and it was really doing a number on me.
    This week we took her out of her sleep sack and doc a tot, and she slept through the night! Wha?! She is now able to roll on her stomach and sleep there (even though she still HATES being on her stomach when she is awake) and I think was getting too hot before in her sleep sack. Its been three days so hopefully it sticks!!!

How is everyone else doing??

28. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

11 months and we finally have a tooth! (2 actually)

How did everyone do over their first Hanukkah, Christmas & NYE?

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: so cute! I’m glad to see an update!

Ian has his first two teeth starting to sprout through this week too. He started crawling over the holidays and is into everything now! Christmas was great but I think DS1 is more into Ian’s toys than Ian is himself But here’s a cute one of him with the cars he got

30. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

What a fun age! These babies are showing so much personality in their pics.

My K will be 9 months old in a few days. She's very mobile, she tries to stand independently but falls- she's more of a risk taker than her brother was! She has 8 teeth!!! Breastfeeding has interesting moments these days. She has long, wild blonde hair that I tried to style with a bow. She's still a very pleasant baby and we're enjoying her. She's had some rough nights of sleep lately but we're on a decent streak now.

Her first Christmas was fun, we learned to do what works for our family and brought the kids home by 5 pm every night so they'd have some unwind time. It's really just best for all of us.

31. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

We had 3 Christmas parties to which Nova slept through. Everyone made the parties at her nap times.

For New Year’s Eve Nate and I had a bet running as to which of the 3 kids would be up when the ball dropped. I figured Nova would nap than wake up in time for the ball to drop. S and H were the only kids up for it where Nova woke up 3 minutes after the ball dropped.
    Nova is a spunky little 9 month old with no teeth. She loves blankets and helping open fluff mail. She hates having food taken away from her and her car seat. She walks with her walk behind toy and is too afraid to walk by herself though with her balance I know she could do it just fine.

This morning she got into a box of Paczki’s. She ate an entire donut to herself. We wondered why she was so quiet just sitting on the floor on SO’s side of the bed. That’s when we discovered the powder sugar/vanilla pudding mess that was covering Nova, the floor, a new dipe, the bed, and a bag that SO uses for lunch. Lol. It was such a funny moment.

Photo of my Spunky Little Mischief Maker with Santa.

32. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@yellowbeach: omgggg she’s sooo cute!!!

R has three teeth 😳 how fun has teething been for everyone?! It’s been a nightmare for us it we’re pushing though.

I can’t deal with all the cuteness of these babes!!

33. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

E is almost 9months, bum scoots rather than crawls, is super easy going if I'm there but breaks down into hysterics if I leave. Loves eating eggs, bread, and pieces of chicken. But still has no teeth.

34. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Hi mamas! Love seeing these updates! Can't believe how big all the babies are - time really flies.

We are all doing okay over here, it's been rough lately. Cole had a really scary week of high fevers. He was finally diagnosed with pneumonia so we are working on getting him healthy. Thankfully the antibiotics are working and he's been fever free for a day now.

He is able to sit up and army crawl when he feels like it. He doesn't babble much, but says hi and makes a lot of ba noises. He likes standing with help but he is certainly not as physical as his brother was! Still waking up at night but I can't even say what normal is anyway because he's been so sick! Oh and he has 5 teeth with more on the way!

Love seeing all of the updates

35. mrswilson2012

grape / 93 posts

DD will be 10 months on Friday. Where the heck does time go? Going to start planning her first birthday soon, ah!

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mrswilson2012: I know! DDs Birthday is Monday - just crazy! We are having a thank you party at the hospital and invited our care team. We’ve asked our family to donate to the children’s hospital in lieu of gifts. We have too much freakin crap around the house as is!

37. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Let the 1st Birthdays Roll!

38. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: omg ONE already?!?!?!? Time flies! Happy birthday!!!!!

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I haven’t been on much since going back to work, but figured I’d pop in for an update.

Annelise is almost 10 months now. She’s working on her third tooth and is constantly grinding them (since the new one is on the top) which drives me nuts!! She crawls everywhere, but is still working on sitting for longer periods of time. She is a mamas girl through and though and obsessed with her big brothers.

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: aww so sweet! Happy Birthday!!

@ValentineMommy: so beautiful - love all that hair!

Ian is still our happy, independent baby. He eats everything in sight and has just started pulling up on things. It's been a rough week at our house though with pink eye and stomach bug going through every member of our family... I've only been at work 1.5 days since last weekend... I'm hoping this is the end of it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee