Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@ValentineMommy: this is the first time I'm up tonight and it's 2am. I took my mental health evening and left the monitor with my husband at 6pm and went to bed. I read for a bit, and fell asleep at 7:45! Hoping the rest of tonight goes just as well. W is sleeping in his room because he got to tall for his bassinet. He loved his independence in there though!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Sometimes W does kick hubby 😜 It's always on accident

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Hope the rest of your night goes well!!! I got up at 4:30am and I'm at work now at 6am. First day back in the office - I miss my baby already. She's still in her bassinet at night, but when I got up, I moved her into her crib so we wouldn't disturb her with the lights. Luckily, she didn't wake up. Hopefully this also helps with her crib transition, which I know is coming soon too

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Hey everyone! I've been MIA since we left on our big family trip to France. So far it's been a blast with Ian being way easier to manage than our 3yr old. Traveling with 2 kids is definitely a whole new ballgame though. Ian's transitioned pretty well to the new time zone but he's developed some bad habits that I know we'll have to break when we get back.

4. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@JennyPenny: What a world traveler baby!!

Little girl got her first two teeth today! They're not fully through but we can see and feel them. She's been miserable the past couple of days. I thought it was related to me being back at work but it seems like she's been in pain.

We had our first non-family babysitter today. She was great with both the baby and our 3.5 year old who is pretty high needs. Things went so smoothly, I feel lucky and hope it continues.

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Hey ladies! Hope all mamas and babies are doing amazing. I was curious to see if anyone has started playing with adding baby food to their babes diet? We tried homemade banana baby food on Friday and she was NOT having it.

6. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: That's so awesome!!! Enjoy your trip!!!!

@MOMTOLITTLEB: OMG teeth already!!! I am so not ready to lose her gummy little smile!

@bubblegum: We haven't yet, but DS2 was eating a good amount of baby food by 4.5-5 months. He was insatiable!

7. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: That's awesome! I'm hoping DD is the same way but so far she's proven to be very different from DS.

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: it's crazy how different they can be! DS1 and DS2 are polar opposites!

9. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: so crazy!! Same with my two babes! They're nothing alike!

10. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@bubblegum: We introduced avocado (mixed with breast milk) yesterday and W wasn't a huge fan at all. But we'll keep trying, he's definitely interested!

Question for others: how much spit up is normal? W and I used to use a shield until he decided 3 days ago he was done. But all of a sudden he's spitting up SO much milk! He's still lasting as long between feedings but it has me a bit worried.

11. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Fingers crossed he's into it sooner than later!

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: I'm wondering which brother DD is going to be more like or if she will be a totally different #3!

@mrsmacSLP: We FF, and she spits up a good amount. Not sure if BF is the same (prob not?). I will say, our ped said (and I noticed with each child) that during "wonder weeks"/regressions/whatever there are digestive changes that causes more spit up. At this age, DS2 started projectile spitting up, and the ped was right - it lasted a few weeks and then never happened again. Hopefully that's the case for you!

13. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thanks for the info, we're definitely in the midst of all of the above!

14. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: It'll be interesting to see!!

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: We had a period of a ton of spit up a couple weeks ago. It seems to have gotten better, but she still spits up a little. DS2 had reflux and was on Zantac until 6 months. He spit up a LOT and he was also super miserable until we got him on meds. DD seems fairly happy even when she spits up.

@bubblegum: No food here yet, but she's one of the youngest babies (only 3.5 months). We started with my boys at 5.5 months, so we'll probably do the same this time.

16. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

No food here either since we're just 3.5 months. We'll probably start around 5.5 or 6 months since I know it'll be a pain in the butt with feeding and cleaning up after 2 kids. Lol.

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Haha yeah, I remember being super eager to start solids with DS1, but with the third baby, I'm just thinking about how I'll be cleaning up food non-stop all day

18. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

we did BLW at 6mo with Ezra and will probably do the same with Eden. She has reflux and the doc mentioned starting her on baby cereal could help, but in the last week she has gotten SO much better so I think we may hold off till 6mo and start solids then

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I am so not ready to think about adding food - though DS1 did shove a good amount of salad dressing into Ian's mouth recently The past 4 months have already flown by so fast.

And AF made her reappearance yesterday. womp womp.

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Ughhhh the worst!!!! My AF has been horrible after this baby. I've had 2 periods (about to get my third), and they're AWFUL. I'm praying they get better (they did with the boys), but man....it's no fun. I'm sorry

21. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Awww little babe!

22. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

Little miss showing off her baby teeth! She definitely looks young to have teeth. We haven't tried any food yet. She has started looking at our food and the doctor said that's a sign she could be ready but I'm in no rush!

23. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

Ladies, I can't believe this even happened to me! Yesterday morning I was heading to work and I was having on and off cramping since 4:30 am. I thought I was just getting my first period post partum and with the mirena. Half way to work, with W in tow, I texted our nanny and husband and said there was no way I was going to make it. Went back home, massive hot/cold flashes, vomiting, diahhrea, extreme weakness (almost to the point of inability to walk, and definitely lift W). I got us back in the house and just started vomiting. Turns out I had an abscess rupture on my appendix! Usually symptoms are minimal for 24-48 hours but mine within 4 were so extreme. I had my appendix removed last night and rated in the hospital for a night simple because I am only (almost) 5 months post c section.

I believe back in May when I had similar symptoms it was the start of this. But I'll never know. Here's to the start of the school year!

24. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@mrsmacSLP: omg! So glad you're ok! That's so scary.
    @MOMTOLITTLEB: wow, teeth already!

25. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: ah teeth! @abbydabbydoodlebug: oh my goodness. I'm so so sorry this happened.

Some of you all might have read my updates in the Harvey post, but our area was hit very hard. Our building has been without running water, and only accessible by boat. we just happened to be out of town in Mass visiting my parents when the storm hit. My husband went back yesterday to get back to work but the city just hours after he landed ordered emergency evacuation of our area and cut off all power to the buildings in our zone (side note: most all of Houston is draining but we live by buffalo bayou and a damn where they had to release water because it was overflowing) he will have to stay in a hotel. I'll be staying in Mass till we have power/water/ability to drive into the building it's been rough in our community. Many friends have lost entire homes and cars.

26. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@mrsmacSLP: That is so scary! I hope you are starting to feel better. I can't imagine another surgery so soon!

@justjules: I'm sorry to hear about how Harvey affected your family. I'm glad you are safe. How is the baby handling being away from home for so long? I cant imagine not being able to get to our home. I'm sure it's incredibly hard being away from your husband during such a difficult time as well.

27. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

oops @abbydabbydoodlebug: I meant that reply to be for @mrsmacSLP:

@MOMTOLITTLEB: I'm still processing the extent of the damage caused by Harvey. It's hard to think about, honestly. Eden (the 4month old) and Ezra (the 1year old) have handled it like champs. The hardest part is not knowing when we can return. FEMA estimated it around a month a few days ago but we are trying to be optimistic and hoping it will be sooner. Being away from DH is going to be very hard. Thankfully I have my parents to help (which is such a nice change since we live so far away from all our family) but as sappy as it sounds, DH is really my best friend and I miss hanging out with him at night.

The New York Times just posted this video of our area: https://nyti.ms/2x3BZ49

28. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@justjules: lol, that's ok!

I'm so sorry about your situation. I'm in Austin and have been trying to help as much as I can with 2 littles here. I really hope you can get back in sooner than a month. Ugh that's so hard. My brother bought a boat and went to Spring, Beaumont, and areas in between to help. He says it is so bad, the pavement looks like it rolled up and cracked like peanut brittle. DH and i were thinking of going to Port Aransas in October but that's not happening now. ☹

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I'm glad you're okay, that sounds so scary!!

@justjules: I'm so sorry this happened to your family and it sounds like it won't be over anytime soon. I'm sad your DH has to be away for so long - I'm sure he's going to miss you and the kids so much and vice versa.

30. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: OMG! How scary! I had mine out in 2000 and had a hard recovery. Just don't push yourself!!!

@justjules: I am so sorry that you guys are going through this. I hope you can get back in sooner than that. I'm so glad you are safe.

We are going through a major medical crisis over here. The doctors suspect Annelise has brittle bone syndrome, or something similar. She has some fractured bones, and we are so flipping worried about her. I can barely think straight most days. She and I had genetic testing on Tuesday, but it unfortunately takes up to 6 weeks to process the tests and get results. Please pray for my baby, ladies. She is so sweet, and I don't know how to handle this situation and what it could mean for my family long term.

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Oh no! I'm so sorry! I hope it turns out to be something minor/easy to manage. Definitely praying for your family.

32. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @JennyPenny: @ValentineMommy: thanks ladies. The water has THANKFULLY gone down much faster than fema thought so I just bought my ticket for early next week! I'm so so ready to be home.

@ValentineMommy: I just said a prayer for your sweet baby. I am so sorry and can't imagine the stress you are going through. Keep us updated.

33. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ValentineMommy: omg, I really hope the best outcome in those tests. I'm so sorry. Big hugs.

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@justjules: checking in - how are you all doing?
    @ValentineMommy: any updates?

As for us, we're thinking about starting solids soon. This time around I'll probably try a combo of purees and BLW-style solids. Anyone else starting/started?

35. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: we're not starting until 5 months probably. With my first, we did a combo of purees and blw and it worked great. We didn't start blw until she was older though, maybe 7 months or so.

We just moved JoJo in to her crib Sunday night and last night she woke up at 1030 and 230 and that was IT. This was the first decent nights sleep we've had since she was born. Hallelujah!

36. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm so sorry to hear this. How are you doing? I'll be saying my prayers.

@justjules: I'm so glad you get to go home! I used to live in the Houston area and it has been crazy following along. My parents and many friends just went through Irma, it's been a long couple weeks for the south!

@JennyPenny: We did BLW with my first, but I waited til he was closer to 6 months since he was a preemie. I don't have any immediate plans to start solids since he isn't even 5 month yet but I do wonder if it would help with sleep! (He's still up 1-2 times per night.)

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

No updates really. We are all a mess and just waiting for results with baited breath. She's the happiest, sweetest baby. I am just honestly praying this is all a fluke, but I know that's not even possible.

38. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: I hope that it is one of the "mild" forms if she does have brittle bone. I think there are a few different types, and some are very manageable right? Did the doctors have any preliminary thoughts on how severe it might be? I'll be thinking of you!

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: If she did have it, it would likely be one of the two more mild forms. Her bones are formed properly, and the x-rays of her bones look good (apparently the more severe ones have translucence to the bone). By all accounts, hers look normal. The only things they noted in her clinical exam was that she has blue sclera (the whites of her eyes are tinted light blue) and slight bowing of her calves....both of which can be totally normal for a 4 month old. Her eldest brother definitely had blue sclera, and looking back at pictures of myself, I did at her age too. FWIW, both of ours are "normal" now. That being said, they're also looking into Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, of which I personally have a million symptoms for....so genetically speaking that would make more sense, I suppose. Whatever it is, I just pray that it's mild/treatable and doesn't stop her from doing whatever it is she wants to do in life.

40. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: fingers crossed for good news! She's going to be able to do anything she wants in life, regardless of her diagnosis!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee