Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 Moms!

1. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@MeginAnCo: Welcome and congratulations!! Similar situation over here for me, too, regarding IVF for LO1 who will just have turned 3 by April! Crazy crazy.

@MamaB: Congratulations! 10 weeks is such a long time to wait!

2. MeginAnCo

pea / 5 posts

@ineebee: Congrats to you too!

It's so strange, right? Like, who just gets pregnant???😀 So exciting, but do have to keep reminding myself not to think too negatively about things (especially for the next few weeks).

3. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@MeginAnCo: Seriously. I think my body forgot that it doesn't normally cooperate with me! Haha. But yeah, I definitely need to stay positive too! Do you have any frosties leftover from IVF? Did you really do three rounds of fresh IVF or were some of those FETs as well?

4. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@MamaB: @MeginAnCo: Congrats and welcome!

5. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@MeginAnCo: @MamaB: welcome!!

6. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

A stranger at the store just asked me when I'm due. I was flabbergasted. The bloat bump is out of control!

7. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@HappyBaker: Why don't people understand that that question is NEVER OK!!!???!?! How did you respond?

I sort of keep waiting on someone at work to ask. We're a young & fertile bunch around here, DS is 2.5, and they started asking when I'd have another one about a year ago...and my pants don't fit anymore! I'm hoping to avoid the question at least until our first U/S on the 31st.

8. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I said "Umm...April actually" and the person was a woman so I could see her trying to do the math in her head and then she looked surprised haha. I should have said no just to see her reaction!

9. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Also I'd really like to wait to tell my work until the NT scan but with the way things are growing / moving its going to be so obvious by then!

10. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@HappyBaker: First of all, WOW she's really lucky she was right! Second of all, I hear you about the bloat bump. I've been working out, but I think my belly's like "Nope! Just give up! It's easier this way."

11. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

So excited to be able to join here after lurking the start of each new due date board these past few months!

EDD: Either 4/30 or 5/1, depending on what calculator I'm looking at

First child? #2, my son is 22 months

Any symptoms? I felt the need to pee a lot yesterday despite not drinking much water. With my last pregnancy I didn't really have any symptoms until 7ish weeks along.

Who have you told? My husband and my OB's office

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Mostly excited, but a little apprehensive about all the discomfort and inconvenience that comes with being pregnant (I know I know, it's worth it in the end). I'm relieved that going through with SMEP this cycle paid off b/c I would've had to reevaluate our TTC plans over the next few months due to schedule concerns around due dates and maternity leave, so yay for not having to make any difficult decisions! I'm also kind of annoyed that my usual OB office was booked solid for the next six weeks so I had to make an appointment at another location almost an hour from my home. Last time they were able to get me seen within two days, so this is a new trend Here's hoping something opens up sooner and I make it off the waitlist.

12. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@nanilani: yay congrats!!

13. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@nanilani: Congratulations!! I grew up in MD and I really miss the yearly crab feasts we'd have around this time in the summer. Sigh.

How soon were you able to make the appointment at the further location? And HOW? Most of us have to wait 7-10 weeks at the least, even if there are openings earlier.

14. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@HappyBaker: @ineebee: Thanks!

Mmmm, crabs! I haven't had them in so long! My husband isn't a big fan so it's hard to justify the price just for myself.

My appointment is currently scheduled for 9/11 which will put me at 7 weeks, although the lady on the phone didn't even ask me for my LMP so as far as she knows I could be months along! I guess it's just standard at this practice to start visits sooner? Last go round my first visit was a bit of a waste of time (pee in a cup, get lectured on vitamins and such), but they did give me Rx for blood work and a dating ultrasound at that time. I'm not hugely annoyed at the date (I know 7 weeks is very normal for a first visit in many practices) so much as that my first two preferred locations were booked solid.

15. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

It's aliiive! We went for our dating scan this afternoon and our wee babe has a heartbeat and CRL of 4mm The Tech ended up doing an internal ultrasound due to the retroverted position of my uterus and she puts me at about 5w6d which is about one day behind where I thought I might be (based on ovulation I figured I was six week yesterday or today). I know it's still very early days so I'm still feeling cautious but I'm pretty stoked that our wee bean is hanging in there!

And in other news, I really don't remember feeling this bad with any of my other pregnancies, I'm not vomiting but man, I don't feel good!

16. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Kemma: Yay so exciting, congrats!!

17. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@Kemma: How exciting! (Not the feeling crummy part, of course.)

18. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Kemma: Yay! Fabulous news!

19. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Kemma: Congrats on the good scan! I go next week, and it can't come soon enough. I'm starting to feel pretty crummy, too, and the bloating is out. Of. Control. But I'm pretty thankful to be feeling badly--at least today! How's everyone else doing?

20. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Same, I can not wait until next Thursday!

Hoping the week goes by quick which I'm sure it probably will. Still feeling okay / symptom free except for being tired and humongous! I bought some maternity pants today to wear when I'm home, trying to hide from work for a bit longer so shoving my bloat bump into my regular jeans!

21. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

How's everyone doing?

I have a scan tomorrow, I'll be 7 weeks 5 days so praying all is okay. Then I have a midwife appointment in the afternoon- my first ever, all my other pregnancies were in Canada so very different procedure.

My morning sickness is still horrendous, all day and all night, so much throwing up. I'm on medication that they give to chemotherapy patients to stop the nausea and most days it lessens it but it doesn't stop it. I'm hoping we can tell the kids if the scan goes okay, so they have a reason as to why mummy is a mess on the bathroom floor all day, ha ha.

Oh, also, I am craving salad. How weird is that? Tomatoes with salt on really hits the spot.

22. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@HappyBaker: I have such a big bloat/bump. Looking forward to the comfy maternity pants

23. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@travelgirl1: Good luck tomorrow!! That stinks you are so sick, but craving salad is a win in my book haha.

24. Tasha

pea / 6 posts

EDD: April 10 2018

First child?: Nope, #2!

Any symptoms?: Sore boobs and spicy cravings (like my 1st pregnancy!)

Who have you told?: husband and mom. Telling more family after our 1st ultrasound!

Current thoughts/feelings/fears?: My daughter just turned 9 months old so I know 2 under 2 will be pretty tough! Also, general anxiety about it being so early on in the pregnancy.. just want to make sure everything is ok all the time!

25. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@travelgirl1: how did your scan go?

26. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Kemma: It went well, thanks! I was measuring three days behind what I thought but I do ovulate later and I'm not entirely sure when I ovulated so not worried yet. Heartbeat was 156. Next scan September 22. New due date is April 10.

Here's our little jellybean:

27. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Tasha: Welcome!

28. Pollywog

persimmon / 1111 posts

I think I belong here, but I may have a May due date (I will likely deliver in April if it is a healthy baby, so I am sticking here for now):

EDD: April 30th-ish

First child? Second

Any symptoms? Nope, just feel like my period is about to start

Who have you told? No one. We weren't really trying and are still in shock it happened so quickly.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears?

29. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

Well, the bloat is here already so guess it's time to jump in!

EDD: April 25th

First child? No, this will be #3! (And the last assuming all goes well!) 4.5 1.5

Any symptoms? Just bloated!

Who have you told? DH, HB mamas

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? This babe is so wanted and planned for, but it seems like there is a lot more riding on this baby because I already have two awesome healthy kids. So praying for a healthy pregnancy, l&d, and baby because I know each time can be different! Also, worried about the fatigue setting in soon with 2 little ones already!

30. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@Tasha: @Pollywog: @birdofafeather: Welcome and congrats, everyone!! It's really becoming a party in here!!

31. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

My first pregnancy was symptom-free, so this one is throwing me for a loop. Now that I'm past 6w, I'm suddenly exhausted, starving yet with no appetite ALL the time, and nauseous in the morning. So hard when I'm a SAHM with my toddler and I have to fix him 3 meals a day! Sorry kiddo - you're getting toast and a cheese stick!

But seriously, I've been eating soup and cereal and it's all I can really stomach! I definitely feel lucky to have skipped this the first time around.

32. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@Tasha: @Pollywog: @birdofafeather: Congrats, ladies!

@travelgirl1: Hooray for ultrasound pics!

33. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

My step-brother is getting married tomorrow so I've been trying to come up with my plan to fake drink, and we just found out there won't be alcohol allowed at the rehearsal dinner venue...saved by the park ranger! Now to get through the rest of the weekend without arousing suspicion.

34. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Pollywog: @birdofafeather: welcome!

@birdofafeather: I totally understand what you mean. I'm anxious about having a healthy baby this time. I think I'm more aware of what could go wrong now.

35. Pollywog

persimmon / 1111 posts

@sorrycharlie: I'm joining late, but I had a precepitious birth too. At 9pm I had a bloody show and was checked out (history of miscarriage). We all agreed I wasn't in labor at midnight and I went home. At 1am my water broke. At 2 am I went from 2-3 CM at midnight to 8.5. He was born shortly after 3 (the "delay" was he got stuck because his hand was over his face). I'm mentally preparing for this nugget to be a home birth.

@nanilani: Good luck! I would get cranberry and soda in a cocktail glass. It fooled everyone for awhile.

36. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@nanilani: I work at a winery and we're tasting the wines from the new vintage on Monday, any suggestions for getting out of it??

@travelgirl1: nice! I'm also a late ovulator so am always few days later than the date from my LMP.

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@nanilani: I'm heading to my parents for Labor Day weekend and having the same issue. So much centers around booze (or, for us, beer)!

38. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

I woke up and had some spotting this morning, so I called my OB's office. They said they could work me in for an ultrasound and visit with the Nurse Practitioner this morning, so I went for it! We saw our little bean, with a heart rate of 138 and measuring right on track at 6w6d. Due date is officially 4/17! Feeling so thankful today. We'll go back on 10/10 for our next appointment.

How's everyone feeling today?

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Yaaay! Any idea what caused the spotting or was it just a passing thin g?

I'm semi-lurking since there's no May board and I won't create one myself...

I got my betas and progesterone back from Friday (from my PCP) and went to the OB today for repeats of both. She said they'll make an appointment for 7 1/2 weeks or so for an u/s.

EDD: May 7 (my guess)

First child? 2nd! DD was 2 at the end of June.

Any symptoms? Nothing yet.

Who have you told? DH, HB (obvi), 2 local friends - both of whom are also pregnant, 1 magically after IVF for her first and a year of no AF, 1 after 2 m/c including just last month. I swear it's the eclipse!

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Excited. We needed multiple IUIs with DD and 2+ years of TTC. So although we were actively TTC it still surprised me.

40. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@HeartAbandoned: so glad everything's ok and that you got an early peek!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee