Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Alivoo01: I suspect they will try to listen for the heartbeat, but depending on your placenta and other stuff, you might not be able to hear it. I have an anterior placenta, so we weren't able to hear the heartbeat until my 13 week appointment, but I'm not sure if we would have been able to hear it at 11 weeks or not (we couldn't at all at 9 weeks).

2. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Alivoo01: My dr said that 11 weeks is when they try to hear the heartbeat. And btw, one of my girlfriends never had M/S and her baby was fine. Just count yourself soooooo lucky.

I'm with you - super happy about the short work week. The ickyness blows.

3. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@lawbee11: ya, this weekend I am going to buy some salt free saltines, mini frosted wheats and trail mix to leave in my desk so I always have something to munch if I need to. I may have to get some sparkling water too to spice up my afternoon.

Is anyone else super bloated? I think I am retaining water or something. My pants went from loose to snug in 5 days...not ok.

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs D: I find pretzels help as well. I'm 10 weeks and for some reason the nausea mysteriously dropped off yesterday morning. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it's so nice to be able to concentrate at work again! I didn't realize how 'off' I was until I got back to normal. Which of course makes me worry that I feel normal! I was even able to stay up until past 10 last night.

Oh, and I finally caved and bought some maternity pants. They are soooo comfy. I got three work pants and two pairs of jeans. While I could still button if I had to, it was becoming uncomfortable and I didn't want to squish anything in there. I have a pretty horrible indent in the middle of my stomach thanks to childhood obesity and too-tight pants, so I'm determined to let things out as they want without any compression.

5. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@StrawberryBee: where did you get the pants? any great deals? I look on Gaps website the day after christmas to see if they had maternity pants on sale but didn't see much I liked. I ended up buying 2 pairs on super sale from Ann Taylor which I am hoping tide me over until I need the elastic waist!

6. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@StrawberryBee: I'm also interested in the pants you bought! Did you buy them in the size you currently wear or did you go up a size? Like you, my regular jeans fit, but while sitting, I have to unbutton them to make them comfy and no dig in.

7. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Whoohoo on feeling better! I wouldn't be worried - that's supposed to be around the time that the placenta kicks in and you're supposed to start feeling better.

8. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs D: @Alivoo01: No problem! No super deals, I stopped by Motherhood Maternity on Monday hoping that they'd be doing year end sales, and while they did have some things on clearance it was mostly all regular price. Still, the prices weren't bad. $40 for jeans and $30-$35 for work pants, with some on clearance for $20. All in all I paid $135 for all five. I'm a bit limited in where I can shop as I wear petite length.

The salesgirl was really helpful; I don't usually accept help (prefer to browse) but since I was the only one in the store she told me that I should shop my normal size (it was XS/S/M/L/XL, not numbers). She pulled all the pants for me and all I had to do was go in the dressing room (which had a bump you could try on with...I chose not to ;)) and try them on. The tummy material is just stretchy, not already poofed out for a bump, so she told me I could wear it now all the way on through post-pregnancy. Sooooo comfy!

9. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: yay, this makes me feel so much better! gooooo placenta! It was really weird, like a switch was flipped. I fell asleep at 6pm New Year's Eve, and NYD I was awake past 10pm with no problem. I was even considering cooking something for dinners this week...and I haven't cooked in a month! Poor DH is living off of frozen pizza.

10. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@Grace: It was pretty tough! At one point my MIL asked if I planned on drinking and I was sure she suspected. She let it drop pretty quickly though and didn't bring it up again. No one else noticed anything. The queasiness typically starts in the morning, wanes in the late afternoon. Tonight's the first evening that I've been struggling with it. I'm not sure if it will stick to a pattern.

@Mrs D: I've definitely been bloated. I ordered some Bella Bands a few days ago. I probably don't really need them yet, but I'm getting closer. Buttoning my pants is getting quite uncomfortable!

11. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@.twist.: were you able to get in touch with your OB?

@StrawberryBee: I'm glad you're feeling good! I can't wait to get to that point I know what you mean about cooking. With the exception of Christmas, we've been doing a lot of take out and PB&J. Poor DH, lol.

12. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: oh gosh, we've been eating out so much!! It's terrible!

@msmay: I have an appointment for tomorrow morning. I could have gone yesterday afternoon, however, I don't think I would have been able to get the time off work so suddenly. I'm a little more calm than I was tuesday and even yesterday. The spotting seems to have slowed down a lot so I feel like that is a good thing. I guess that combined with little to no symptoms is really freaky!

How is everyone doing?? Any exciting pregnancy milestones coming up? Buying Anything? Anyone having the crazies dreams??

13. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@msmay: @.twist.: We've been doing takeout a lot, too. It's a bit bad since there's so much available near the house (plus we went out in a rainstorm when only Chipotle would do the one night!). I've had the weirdest dinners, including sesame jack chicken strips from TGIFridays.

Still feeling rather normal! I do have some pretty bizarre dreams, but I think I'm just noticing them more because I tend to wake up in the middle of the night now. I'm trying to hold off buying anything more until we know the gender. I've bought so much neutral stuff that I want to indulge in gender specific items :3.

Did anyone see the new baby items for 2013? The Chicco nextfit convertible car seat looks interesting, as does their new stroller: http://www.chiccousa.com/liteway-plus/home.aspx

(is it just me, or does anyone else wish the Chicco stuff came in prettier colors?)

14. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Ugh...my nausea is worse today than it was yesterday. Seems to only be the morning until 10 or 11 and then again in the afternoon starting just before I leave work. Today I curbed it with jolly ranchers which worked wonderfully. I haven't had weird cravings but I dont want hardly anything. I had PB&J for lunch today and it was amazing. I have also been having a lot of fried egg sandwiches...DH thinks I am SO weird!

I have only purchased some Christmas stuff I got on super sale (4 neutral outfits for $18 at carters - so I can return if I decide it doesnt fit). I am starting to watch the simple white stuff so I can stock up on the basics and get the deals so I can splurge on the gender specific stuff.

We started loosely discussing the future nursery (currently our office) last weekend and we both agreed we're not too into heavy gender specific themes - so we'll see where that lead. Otherwise just trying to hold off on getting too worked up until I get in to the Doctors (which based on them could be not until I am 10 or 11 weeks - UGH!).

15. Alivoo01

@.twist.: I've had some crazy dreams, but only one pregnancy related. It was a complete nightmare that I woke myself up bc I was bawling uncontrollably in the my dream! Oi vey!

@StrawberryBee: I've always been a fan of green so their green and black or red and white works for me! I really need to start researching for baby stuff. I haven't done any!! Oops!

@Mrs D: Sorry to hear nausea is being rough on you!! Glad the jolly ranchers are a life saver though. Hope you get over it soon!!

16. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Mrs D: Our Nursery is currently our office as well and we're (I mostly, DH doesn't really care) are not into gender neutral themes. I'm actually dreading getting EVERYTHING in pink or EVERYTHING in blue from friends and family. I'll have to get a lot of gender neutral stuff too, like you're doing!

17. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: I don't mind the red and grey one, but I wish they had a more neutral one! I'm not really a colourful person hahaha.. Grey and black? Black and white? lol

18. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: @.twist.: I think we're going to turn out office into the nursery as well. Our guest bedroom has a bigger closet, but it's already furnished with a bed and stuff. I think the office will be easier to "take apart".

19. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: Good luck tommorow! Looking forward to hearing how all is wonderful with Little Twisty.

@StrawberryBee: Lol! How much stuff did you buy? I'm only now starting to look at researching stuff. And yes, I do not like the colour of that stroller!

@Mrs D: I think you and I are living the same pregnancy life! We have morning sickness at the same time and candies are a lifesaver! And eggs, I love them.

First food adversion yesterday. Peanut butter made me run from the room. And other people's food does not smell so nice. Lunch today at work was a little torture!

20. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: 13 cloth diapers, a breast feeding cover, baby bag, pacifier sterilizer, boppy w cover.... I think that's it ;). I also have a secret amazon registry.

21. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Heehee, you're fun. I figure I should be at least in the second trimester before I start buying stuff. I am starting a secret Amazon registry though.

22. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@.twist.: Glad to hear the spotting has slowed and you have an appointment tomorrow. Best of luck and fingers crossed that everything is ok.

@StrawberryBee: You've been busy! Have you been finding good deals?

I haven't bought anything yet because I'm still super paranoid. I think after my first appointment I might feel better, but I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I have been researching the heck out of baby stuff though - car seats, strollers, furniture, gear, cloth diapers, nursery decor...sometimes I feel like that's all I do online anymore! I have a secret Pinterest board with all the stuff I'm thinking about for the registry.

We're going to do our nursery in our guest room. Our office has a bunch of built ins that I don't think I would want in a nursery. I'll probably move the guest room bed into the office though.

Symptom wise, I've been nauseated, and when we were out of town for New Years, I slept like garbage. I've also had a lot of headaches. I've been crampy on and off, and then today I started having a weird, sort of painful pulling sensation from my belly button to my groin area. It is weird, and I'm a little concerned. I am planning to call my doctor's office tomorrow to see what it could mean. I'm sure (hopefully) it's nothing, but I've always suffered from anxiety, so I get really concerned...I've had really bad health anxiety (aka hypochondria) since my mom died, so that's not the greatest thing to have while pregnant! Sometimes I feel like I'm a bit of a mess!

I have my first appointment two weeks from today, and I'm getting really anxious. I'll be 8 weeks on Saturday and at my first appointment, I'll be almost 10 weeks.

Does anyone have any appointments coming up?

23. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@StrawberryBee: I agree on the stroller colors. The blue and white isn't that bad, but I like the Chicco KeyFit 30 Magic car seat which is a nice neutral brown. Too bad the stroller doesn't come in a similar color.

24. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: @JamieLee: I bought everything before I was preggers; all great deals that I couldn't pass up while I fed my baby fever ;). The diapers are BG freetimes and 4.0's -- of the thirteen, I got three free during sales. The bag is from a Vera Bradley Outlet that's about an hour away from me and I knew I wouldn't be back to any time soon. Then some stuff from baby steals, zulily, Home Goods, etc.

Oh, I just remembered something else: baby blankets and a miracle blanket I got from baby steals. Now that I'm actually pregnant I do feel more like I'll jinx things if I get too much. It's hard not to worry!

I also have a secret Pinterest board. Hidden boards are the best thing they ever came up with!

I bought our twin home as a single woman and it just happened to have three bedrooms, plus a third floor finished attic (regular stairs leading up to it, a window, etc.). When I met my DH and his two kids the kids got the two smaller bedrooms on the second floor and we (obviously) got the master. When I started thinking baby we finished the third floor to be my DSS's bedroom and he moved up there about a year ago. So now the smaller of the two secondary bedrooms is a guest room that will become the nursery :). I plan waaaay too far in advance!

25. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Agree on the secret boards! Before them, I refused to tell anyone my Pinterest name 'cause I didn't want anyone finding all my nursery inspiration!

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: I was friends with my sister in law (and sister) on Pinterest and didn't want to spill the beans. I could get away with some kid related stuff because of my stepkids, but they would definitely wonder about baby items ;).

27. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@StrawberryBee: I've been pinning baby items from the beginning of my pinning days, but I didn't want a huge influx to a board titled "Baby Registry Ideas." I can get away with the occasional whimsical nursery idea, but anything too practical like a stroller or car seat would be a dead giveaway.

28. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Oh, I forgot to share one of the better stories from today! My mother and I work for the same company, though completely different departments. She came over to take back her heater and asked how I was feeling. I told her about the same, nausea was still gone. She pointed to her neck and whispered "what about this?"

Me: huh?

Mom, in a loud whisper: How do your breasts feel??

Me: ......….........................

I REALLY hope the guy in the office next to mine was in a meeting!

29. greenebee

cherry / 189 posts

Hello fellow August mommies!
    Name - My name is Micah.
    Is this your first baby? - Yes!!!!!
    Any symptoms so far? - Well, now at just about 8 weeks, I am definitely feeling the nausea and fatigue, sore boobs and some cravings actually (when I do in fact find food appetizing!)
    When & how did you find out? - I found out at four weeks with my husband by taking a test!
    What are you most excited for? - Right now, to hold our little one!
    What are you least excited for? - Not too excited about the potential feet swelling/back pain that tends to come at the later stages of pregnancy (especially during the heat of August!)

I'm so excited to be here! My weirdest craving so far has been for Dominos pepperoni pizza with extra tomato sauce. What's yours?

30. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@greenebee: Hi! Congratulations and welcome to the group! Mmm, pepperoni pizza....

31. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@greenebee: hi and welcome!!! No really weird cravings. I really wanted carrots and ranch dressing earlier this week. And the nice crisp pickles from the caf are delish

32. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@greenebee: Welcome and congrats!! I'll be 8 weeks on Sunday, so I assume we're due around the same time!

So far I haven't had any weird cravings. At the beginning I craved egg salad, but now that the nausea has set in it sounds disgusting. I mostly crave fruit (like grapes and oranges) and milk. I have been turned off lately by any kind of chicken.

33. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: hopefully our pregnancy takes a turn for the better soon! Though I know so long as the little peanut us healthy I shouldnt care!

@greenebee: Welcome and Congrats! I have been craving basic comfort foods...cereal with milk (oh how I love milk right now), fried egg sandwiches and the pbj I had yesterday was one of the best things ever! So simple and weird!

In other news...I finally got a handle on my massive bloat I think. Since I found out just before Christmas I had consistently ticked up 5lbs (not okay for me) and was freaking out this was a bad sign of things to come. I did not eat great (duh! it was the holidays) but I was religious about working out every day so I was really concerned. Well today I weighed myself and have dropped 1.5 of that 5...which makes me feel like I am getting something under control here. Its not that I dont want to gain weight but I am conscious about it and 5lbs was my goal for all of my first tri so I didn't want to blow it in the first 6 weeks!

34. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

Jumping on board here after a few months HB absence! I was on the TTC boards for a while this summer but work was insane in the Fall and I had to cut myself off for a while... But now I can't resist!!!

Name - My name is Nancy

Is this your first baby? - it is!!!

Any symptoms so far? - I am starved the moment I wake up each morning and feel queasy if I don't have a piece of toast almost right away. Boobs are mega sore. And I could easily pass out at 7:30pm, each night!

When & how did you find out? - 13 DPO... on a Saturday morning at 4am. I woke up super early after dreaming that I was pregnant, tip-toed into the BR and took a cheapie test. The line was so faint at first that I thought my eyes were tired and playing tricks on me... So I woke up DH to look and it was definitely there! Confirmed over the next few days with more tests and just had my first doctors appointment on Wednesday... Doctor said he could feel the baby (how COOL is that?!)

What are you most excited for? - The ultrasound (start of Feb) and to share with the rest of our family and friends... We told immediate family over Christmas since we were home for the holidays! Also excited to start picking out nursery items! And the stroller!!! Eeeeee!!!!

What are you least excited for? - Hmm, not super crazy about all the changes coming for my body... Especially the increase in boobage (I'm already fairly well-to-do in that area) - I have already probably gone up a 1/2 cup size! My mom said she expected I was preggers the moment she saw me on XMas eve because I looked a little more filled out in that area

According to my doctor, my EDD is Aug 26th, which is the day after DH's bday! Maybe I'll go a day early?!?

35. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Ocean girl: I remember you! Welcome back and welcome to the August mommies thread :).

I know what you mean about the boobage. I keep on telling DH that they don't need to get any bigger, thankyouverymuch. Somehow I doubt my body will comply.

36. Alivoo01

@greenebee: Welcome and congratulations on your BFP!!! Pizza is one of my favorite foods of all time!! I've been craving carb loaded things so like pasta, pizza, hashbrowns/potatoes, etc. I'm normally a sweets kind of girl, but haven't craved it once!

@Ocean girl: Welcome, welcome!!! That's crazy your doctor said he could feel the baby already!! And it'd be super cool for your LO to share a bday with its daddy!

37. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@Ocean girl: Weclome and congrats!! I can't believe your doctor could feel the baby...how cool!

@JamieLee: I have my first appointment on Monday! (I'll be 8 weeks.) I am really excited but also terrified. I think I will be getting an u/s.

It is so hard to concentrate at work when I am really trying to concentrate on not throwing up! I have a very detail-oriented job and I have just been so unproductive lately. I am so glad it's Friday!

38. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@lawbee11: I feel ya with the job-focus... I've been nibbling on saltines all morning! Between that and general excitement, I'm pretty useless at the moment!

Is anyone else FREEZING?? I'm not usually a cold person but I am sitting in my office with my winter overcoat on me like a blanket!

39. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Ocean girl: Welcome and Congrats! I too feel you on the boobage growth...I am terrified how big mine will get. I have a friend who was my size to start and went to like a double G...ugh! She promised to lend me her maternity bra's - I really hope she plans to follow through!

40. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Also ladies...I was talking to my mom last night and her husband (the OBGYN) was telling her that I could probably "feel" my uterus hardened. I thought it was weird sounding at first but then I went home and tried and I could feel it and DH could too...

Basically like right above your pelvic bone, if you lay down its easiest, I can feel a spot that is harder than the rest of my squishy stomach (no six pack here)...it was pretty cool. And I'm only 6 weeks, so I am sure some of you ladies will be able to feel it more!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee