Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@.twist.: Can't wait to hear how yours go! I know it'll go great, but I'm interested in the details!

@lawbee11: haha! Yes, only one baby in there!

2. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@Alivoo01: you got to see baby's heartbeat! Yay!!!
    I called the OB office today to get a recommendation for veg DHA supplements. Might have to wait til tomorrow to hear back, though. Rainbow does have a weird taste but I always take it in the middle of a meal so I don't usually have an issue. Hopefully that will keep working!

@.twist.: You're appointment should be happening right about now! Can't wait to hear about it!

3. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Alivoo01: That's wonderful! I'm so glad. Congrats on having a lovely healthy baby in there! Did your hubby have to answer any questions?

4. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Alivoo01: Yay for a great appointment. So happy you were able to see the heartbeat! That's weird that your doctor would go by a due date calculation rather than the size of the baby! I've heard they change the due date a bit at the beginning, so maybe at your next appointment, you'll hear something different. They changed my cousin-in-law's by like two weeks about halfway through her pregnancy! It's definitely not an exact science.

And yes, my MIL cooks everything extremely well (aka burns it), and I mean everything! Meat, potatoes, bread. Not veggies though, because she only cooks those out of a can in the microwave (eww!)

5. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@JamieLee: lol, I think I just gagged a little (re your MIL)

6. augustmama

coffee bean / 30 posts

i won't have my first OB appointment until my 9th week - on Jan 11. do any of you know if they always do an ultrasound during the first visit, or does it depend on the practice?
    i'm currently 5w6d, and with very few symptoms, i'm anxious to SEE some physical sign of my pregnancy so i'm really forward to anything to make it feel more real (and to ensure me that all is well!)

7. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@augustmama: my understanding is that they will most likely do a transvaginal ultrasound. I know it can be weird without symptoms. I'm still super early (4w3d) so I've only had a few and they come and go. It's nerve-wracking but supposedly normal!

8. Alivoo01

@Grace: Nope! The OB didn't ask him any personal questions. Just the general, do ya'll have any questions for me?

@augustmama: Normally they do an ultrasound at your first appointment given you are between 6-8 weeks. If you're just there for blood work, then no ultrasound. I'm 6w, 5d and the only symptoms I'm experiencing is tiredness the past week and cramping in my lower abdomen, which I take as the uterus growing. I only started getting a little nauseous when I get hungry this week also.

@.twist.: How'd your appointment go????

9. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

Well! I am through with my ultrasound. So, I had to do a partial pee 5 times before my appointment and when I got in there the tech was like "WOAH, your bladder is so full". I told her I did partial releases 5 times and she looked at me stunned. She ended up letting me go to the bathroom so we could do a transvag instead. I took my time and tried to get it all out! When we started the transvag she was like wow, you still have so much liquid in your bladder we could probably do a regular ultra sound. We laughed and anyway, baby is 6 weeks 3 days and has a healthy little heart beat at 126bpm. So, that moves my due date to August 9!

She said I had the biggest bladder she's ever seen. Otherwise, I got to see the little heart beat and we got a picture! So that was all very exciting.

10. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@.twist.: Yay!! So glad it went well!!

11. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@.twist.: WoOt! Sounds like it was a great appt!

12. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: @Alivoo01: I'm so jealous of you guys who get ultrasound pictures so early! I don't think they do that here - or at least none of my friends have mentioned it, which seems unlikely.

Congrats on your healthy lil bean, Twist!

13. Alivoo01

@.twist.: why did you have to do partial pees? Our baby's are almost "twinkies". Similar heart rates (123 vs 126) and they're both dated to be due on Aug. 9!! When's your next appt?

Only diff, I have the smallest bladder ever! I have to go pee all.the.time when I drink something. Sucks!

14. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: I had to partial pee because I totally thought I was going to pee my pants each time. There was just no way I could hold it in until the appointment. EEp! I'm excited for our little matching beans!!! I don't know when my next appointment is yet, I have to book a follow up with my doctor and then she'll schedule my genetic testing u/s, I think that's her plan anyway!

@Grace: @msmay: Thanks ladies! Can't wait until we all get to hear the heart beat!

15. Alivoo01

@.twist.: Ohhh! I thought the doctor's had you partial pee so I was confused. haha!

My next appointment is on Jan 16, which is 4 weeks from now. If I want to have the genetic/birth defect testing/ultrasound, I have to go to a high risk OB to do it, and it isn't covered by insurance normally. I'll have to call my insurance tomorrow to confirm. That's normally done between weeks 11 and 13.

16. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Crashing your thread because I might end up w an August baby

@JamieLee: do you have my MIL? Except mine doesn't burn things, she just boils the hell out if them. Seriously. Everything gets a gallon of water in the bottom of the pan (chicken, meatloaf) and then cooked in the oven for hours. Bleh. Oh, and all veggies come out of a can, except potatoes which come out of a box. My stepdaughter once asked me if my green beans came out of a can or the freezer, and I said neither, they're fresh :P.

@augustmama: it depends on the practice here. Found out yesterday that my OB doesn't do an ultrasound the first appointment, just a physical check :(. Bit of a disappointment. Mine is next Wednesday .

@.twist.: yay, so glad to hear everything went well!!

I'm almost 8 weeks and so far I'm exhausted, have bouts of feeling freezing, nips hurt, and stomach is very unsettled and gassy. I feel like I'm burping constantly, it's so embarrassing! I was feeling even more nauseous, until I realized that the fiber my gi wanted me to take was slowing things down too much.

17. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: So freezing is a thing? I thought I was losing my mind today. Sunday, Monday I had hot flashes and then today I was teeth-chattering cold. Crash away and welcome!

18. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: I swear that freezing has to be a thing! Between that and the exhaustion I feel like I have a fever half the time.

19. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: haha nope. Just me having a strangely large bladder. I'm a freak! lol

@StrawberryBee: eep yay!!! My stomach is very unsettled and gassy at the moment too. Totally unflattering. haha

@Grace: I swear freezing is a thing, a couple weeks ago I couldn't even control the shivers I was getting! I'm a bit better now, but it still happens sometimes!!!!

20. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Grace: I totally agree that freezing is a thing! I'm either having hot flashes or shivering!

21. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

Had my appointment today and I'm a little underwhelmed. It was so fast. All she did was take my blood pressure, weigh me and I gave a urine sample. I did win the fight that I wasn't 7 week though, so that was good. And she wanted me to come in every 3 weeks. I must have made a horrified face, because she's letting me come every 4 weeks. That's so many doctor visits!!

22. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@Grace: sorry you were underwhelmed! I'm sure the next visit will be much more eventful Did she say why she wanted you in every 3 weeks? That does seem like a lot!

23. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@msmay: She made it sound like it was routine. So strange. She said the next visit (9 weeks), will be boring too and that nothing exciting happens before week 11 (when we'll hear the heartbeat). Oh well, got you guys and my prenatal books and apps.

24. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@Grace: heh, that is a little odd. But yeah, we're here! And I think you and I are a couple days apart. Did your EDD change at all?

25. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@msmay: She moved it to Aug 22, but I still think it's the 23rd because I think my fancy calculator is more accurate than her paper dial. But it's one day, so it doesn't really matter.

26. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@Grace: I'm dreading the paper dial. I may have fibbed a little on the date of my LMP when I made my appointment to avoid the dial making my EDD a week off. I'm feeling guilty now, though, so I'll probably just come clean...

27. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@msmay: Hahaha! It would have been easier if I'd just lied too. I had to do a lot of convicing. My doctor doesn't trust the temping.

28. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@Grace: I'm switching practices- my previous OBGYN didn't have midwives- but at the old place, they didn't trust temping either. When I told them I charted they looked at me like I had two heads. I really hope the new practice isn't like that!

29. lawbee11

@Grace: Every 4 weeks does seem like a lot! I guess it's better to go too much then not enough, though. Speaking of pregnancy apps, which ones do y'all have? I have What to Expect and Sprout. I really like the WTE app for all the info it gives. The Sprout app has really creepy pictures of what the baby looks like each week, and the daily info sucks compared to WTE, but it has an appointment tracker and a weight tracker, so I really like those features.

30. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@lawbee11: I have Baby Bump and the Babycenter My Pregnancy app that I like. I also have the WTE and the Sprout apps. The Bump app is pretty much useless. It never works right and is super glitchy.

31. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@msmay: I think I'd love a midwife, but here there are so few that you really can't get in.

@lawbee11: Yeah, I guess you're right. Somehow, I just thought that those frequent appts wouldn't happen right away. I have the Sprout app too and you are right about the creepy pictures. Somehow I am weirdly fascinated by them. I also have the Babycentre app. It's got the weekly updates and a checklist. I'll have to check out the WTEWYE app.

32. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Ok - its super early but I'm going to join...

Name: Jessica
    Is this your first baby? Yuppers
    Any symptoms so far? I had some weird sharpish cramps the last few days but they seem to have gone away this morning. Also, I am wicked tired but I am just getting back from India (a 10.5 hour time diff) so I dont know who is the culprit on that!
    When & how did you find out? 12DPO...didn't feel "right" in the morning decided to POAS and got a faint line. I then took a digi that afternoon and another one this morning!
    What are you most excited for? Telling my parents...quite the Christmas gift for them!
    What are you least excited for? Haven't read any books yet - so I probably dont know what to be least excited for...for now just hoping that all is well when I go into see the doc!

According to what I see online, my due date is August 29.

Congrats to all the other August Mama's!

33. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Whoohoo! Congrats and welcome!

34. lawbee11

@Mrs D: Welcome name twin!!

35. Alivoo01

@Grace: My doctor said I would meet with her every 4 weeks until a certain number of weeks (I think 28?) then I'll meet with her every other week, then once I hit another milestone week (34 or 36 maybe?), I meet with her on a weekly basis.

@Mrs D: Eeeep!!!! How exciting!!! Welcome!!

36. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: Oh! I hate that paper dial! I told her I was temping and that from my temps my due date was August 9th. She kinda smiled and asked for my LMP and used the dial to get August 1. Go into the u/s and sure enough, dead on target, August 9 is my real due date. SO frustrating. I totally thought I was almost 8 weeks because she used her stupid paper dial!

@lawbee11: I have sprout, the bump, one called I'm Expecting, and baby center. I really like sprout out of the ones I have.

@Mrs D: Welcome and Congrats!!!! So exciting!!!

37. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

I'll join....i think i'm the only 2nd time around mama on here....

Name: Sarah

Is this your first baby? No, i have a son who will be 8 months January 2nd.......

Any symptoms so far? nausea, sore boobs

What are you most excited for? my son to have a little brother or sister :o)

What are you least excited for? the wait......

so this pregnancy was a surprise for us, as we weren't trying, or really ready to start. but things happen for a reason :o) because we weren't trying and i wasn't really tracking anything, we don't really know when i'm due. i'm going for an u/s tomorrow to find out due date and my first appointment is january 3rd, but i'm believe i'm due somewhere in the first half of august.

@Grace: i believe most practices are every 4 weeks until 2 months before EDD, then every week for the last month. and i hate to be the bearer of this...but most of the appointments are underwhelming....but the best part is hearing the heartbeat.

here's to everyone having uneventful pregnancies and healthy babies in the end! :o)

38. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@sarbear: Welcome and Congrats! So exciting to have an expert on our thread!

39. Alivoo01

@sarbear: Welcome and congratulations!! Like @Grace, I'm excited to have a veteran on here!! I apologize in advance for any flood of questions I may have in the (near) future.

40. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@sarbear: Oh! Welcome and Congrats!!!! I also have to agree with the other girls, you're now the resident expert, sorry in advance for all the questions! hehe.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee