Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

Very nervous to join so early....just going to think positive!

Name: Sara

Is this your first baby? Yes!

Any symptoms so far? Sharp cramps when I stretch my stomach, queasy between meals and sharp headaches around my eyes

When & how did you find out? After 5 cycles TTC took a test on Thursday that was positive! My first appointment for a blood test isn't till December 31st...hate the doctor's office waiting game!

What are you most excited for? Experiencing this whole process with my hubby. It's so funny to see how excited he is already!

What are you least excited for? I'm nervous for all the secret keeping until it's time to tell our friends and family. I am the worst liar. Also, all the decision making...where to deliver, who's my OB....it all seems overwhelming

My due date is projected at 8/31/13 according to online calculators...

Excited to experience all our pregnancy ups and downs together! I think we will all have a special bond with August due dates...something has to be said for being 9 months pregnant in the dead of summer! Can't wait to be hot and swollen with you ladies!

2. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: haha!! Welcome, welcome!!

3. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: Welcome! Congrats again!

4. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@lawbee11: I have no apps, lol. I don't have a smart phone- I'm horrible with technology. My grandmother has an ipad and I don't even know how to turn one on!

@Mrs D: @sarbear: @Mrs Bicycle: Welcome and congratulations ladies!!!!

5. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

Welcome and congrats to all the new ladies!

I'm currently without power at my house so I'm checking this on my phone. Well, we have half power, but basically nothing but the lights work, and they're really dim. No water either, which is not good with how much I have to pee! Anyone else experience the wrath of winter storm Draco?

6. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@JamieLee: Oh no! Sorry you're without power. Step safely!

7. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@sarbear: @Mrs Bicycle: Welcome, y'all!! I am loving how big our group is getting!!

8. Alivoo01

@JamieLee: oh yikes!!! Be careful!

9. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@JamieLee: Why does the power always go out in the winter? I think it happened to me 3 times last year and it got COLD! Here's hoping yours comes back soon!

10. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

Our parents and DH's siblings are coming to our house for Christmas in less than 5 hours! They are staying for 5 days and we're not planning on telling them I'm pregnant. I don't know how we're going to keep this secret-- wish me luck!

If I'm not back for a few days, happy holidays, ladies!!!! I'll be praying for all of us to have super-sticky babies!!!!!

11. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@msmay: Good luck!! Have a great Christmas!

12. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

Wow! Look at how big our group is getting! This is exciting!
    I'm 7 weeks 3 days now, and the "morning" sickness is more of an all-day companion. No puking, which is nice. I've gone through a case of ginger ale in the last three weeks, and while its delicious and helpful, I need to find a better remedy that doesn't have quite so much sugar.

13. lawbee11

Well ladies, I had my first puke-fest at 2am this morning, at about 6 weeks on the nose! Our flight was delayed and by the time we got to our hotel and into bed it was almost 2am. I was feeling fine, but as soon as DH turned out the light, I got this overwhelming nauseous feeling and ran to the bathroom and threw up for awhile. It was no fun, but was oddly comforting. We're in Chicago and I felt like I was going to lose my breakfast on the El this morning, but luckily I didn't. I feel better now and got lots of snacks so that I can keep my belly full.

14. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@redsmarties: How about diet ginger ale? When did morning sickness start for you? I'll be 6 weeks on Friday, and since I've heard that M/S often hits at 6 weeks, I've been living half in fear of it coming and half trying to enjoy my last M/S-free week. I've only been slightly queasy if I get hungry or tired, which I assume doesn't count.

@lawbee11: Oh. no! Hopefully you can keep it at bay.

15. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

How's everyone's holiday going?! @redsmarties sorry you're entering the vomit zone...hopefully it won't last long! So we told our good friends last night which was super fun! We did the old pretend to take a picture routine, but secretly video tape. Lets just say we are going to have to bleep some words out! We also told my husband's brother. He's going through a rough patch with a recent divorce...so we thought we should tell him gently. Today we plan on surprising my hubby's parents and Tuesday my parents!

Also is anyone else paranoid about waking up and not being pregnant (i dont want to say the mc word) i hate to bring it up but I'm so scared. I've already taken a pregnancy test (sometimes multiple) every day since I found out. Any advice on easing a worried mind?

Sorry for the bad typing. iPhone!

16. augustmama

coffee bean / 30 posts

@sarbear @Mrs Bicycle welcome!
    i am 6w3d today and have been feeling queasy this last week, but no vomiting luckily! i've found that popping a mint or having some tea helps. also, to get something in my stomach QUICK when i start to feel nauseous helps because it's at its worse when i'm hungry!
    do you guys have any other tips to fight off the nausea? i'm glad it's happening during the holidays so i have some days at home (and not at work) to adjust!

17. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Grace: I don't drink diet pop because of all of the aspartame - so much worse for me and baby, IMO. Instead, I've stocked up on seltzer water and fresh ginger - seems to be doing the trick. Morning sickness started at 6 weeks 2 days for me, but then I got sick with a bad cold. Mercifully, my m/s disappeared for a few days while I recovered. Now I'm 7w4d, and I'm nauseous ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. No puking though.

@augustmama: I'm with you on getting something in my stomach ASAP. I find that as soon as I am the slightest bit hungry, I feel horrible. However, nothing really sounds good to me, so its a struggle to find something that I want to eat.

I'm trying SO so hard not to complain, and to embrace every moment of this, because it took us such a long time to get here. I need to remember this when I'm shovelling back saltines. I promised I would put up with anything for a baby.

18. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Ladies...how were the holidays? Did you tell family? How are you all feeling?

We told immediate family (parents, siblings, my grandma and my aunt/uncle) mostly because I was unable to drink and that would be a dead give away in my family.

My dad and my in laws were shocked and excited. I think they knew it was coming but are shocked how fast it came (much like us). My mom swears she "knew" - I laughed - thats very fitting of my mom! Everyone else was excited for us - it was kind of weird telling people...I know its immature but its a little awkward for me because its like "hey we have sex"...stupid but still weird for me.

My symptoms are still just tiredness and occasional sore boobs. I'm trying to walk everyday for 30 mins (tough to do during the holidays with house guests) but I'll up that to 45 mins when my guests leave today. Also planning to start working in some Yoga again. My step dad (an OBGYN) says the tiredness will get worse before it gets better and warned me that morning sickness could show its ugly head in the next week or so (I am 5 weeks today). I called my doctors office but they are booked until mid Feb (not an option) so the manager is due to call me this week to find a time to fit me in...ugh!

19. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Oh, that's so much fun! Plus, how awesome is it to have an OBGYN at your disposal like that? I'm still too chicken to tell people yet - like it might jinx things or something. If anyone guessed by my not drinking, no one said anything. My uncle did ask when we were having kids and he got told off by his wife. It was pretty awesome.

My symptoms are pretty mild. I get tired after 7PM, but nothing terrible, I'm queasy almost all the time, but again, it's more like mild car sickness than anything else. My breasts certainly do make their presence known by the end of the day, though. I'll be 6 weeks exactly tommorow, so I'm a little scared though!

20. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

Well, we told my hubby's family on Christmas morning, so I really hope we have a sticky baby this time. I'm going to be even more heartbroken if we have to tell them bad news again. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm kind of discouraged about life in general right now. I am currently without a job and I had an interview earlier in the month that seemed really promising and I just found out yesterday I didn't get it. Money is superhighway for us right now so I was really hoping...ugh. I think I'll feel much better after our first appointment on Jan. 17. I'm just getting worried about finding a job while pregnant... maybe I'll end up being a SAHM after all...

Okay, done complaining now.

How's everyone else doing. Did everyone have a nice holiday? Did anyone else have an appointment yet?

21. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

Hey ladies! All of my visiting family left and now I can finally breathe! I don't know if we'll be hosting another Christmas at our house. I almost pulled my SIL's hair out she was making everyone so crazy... Otherwise we had a nice Christmas It was so hard not telling anyone but we pulled it off!

I've had some spotting the past couple of days that has been making me really nervous. It wasn't a lot and it was brown but I guess I just can't help being fearful. I'm working really hard to stay positive. I'm 5w5 today and my first appointment is on 1/8. I'm really hoping they can give me good news so I can relax!

How is everyone else doing?

22. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

Hi Everyone!
    Hope everyone's holiday is going well! I feel like we are all in the same place right now. A place of worry but excitement! It's hard not to get carried away with talking about baby names, baby gear, baby LIFE...during this very questionable time. I heard something great on TV today. I'm not a super religious person, but one of my patients was watching a religious show. They were saying how worrying doesn't change the outcome of any situation. It's either going to happen or it won't. I'm trying to convince myself of this.

In other news we told our immediate families this week. My dad cried...so cute! Everyone was excited, but not overly excited since it's so soon. I have a blood test appointment on Monday with my PCP and I'm calling OB's today to make our 8 week appointment. On the symptom front...nothing too life changing. I'm falling asleep earlier and that's about it so far. I'll be 6 weeks on Wed. Other August mama's when did you start having symptoms?

23. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@JamieLee: I have an appointment Jan 17 too! It's my birthday and I'm going to try to convince the doctor to try to find the heartbeat. It'll only be 9 weeks, which is early though. I'm sorry you are having a rough time - sending you lots of turning-it-around vibes for the new year!

@msmay: That is scary! They say that brown stuff is fine though.

@Mrs Bicycle: I like that. It's true - worrying won't change the outcome one bit. As for symptoms, mine are still very light, but bloating started at 4 weeks, tender breasts at 4.5 weeks, mild mild nausea started at 5-5.5 weeks.

We bought a car yesterday! We've been looking for months because DH wanted to replace his Honda Civic and we finally bit the bullet and bought a Kia Rondo. It's got so much room without being a giant SUV. Exciting!

24. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Had my first appointment on Wednesday :). Due date is officially 8/2/13! Only had a physical exam and a lot of blood drawn (plus got to pee in a cup twice) but so far apparently all looked good during the physical. My next is jan 22nd, when I get my first ultrasound...can't wait! I'm 9 weeks today.

Still feeling pretty nauseous and I sleep all the time now. Seriously, nothing else gets done. DH has been picking up a lot of slack, but there's still tons of laundry.

All immediate family now knows, including my step kids. Thank goodness everyone seems really excited about it...the 14 year old could have gone either way

.@JamieLee: sorry to hear about the job :(. Hopefully it means something better is just around the corner!

25. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@JamieLee: Sorry about the job...everything happens for a reason though...try to remember that...

@msmay: I too have heard the brownish spotting is nothing to worry about...fingers crossed for you!

@Mrs Bicycle: I like that outlook a lot!

I have very few symptoms right now...just tired and occasional tummy problems when I go a while without eating but thats it for now. I ate like crap over the holidays - I am terrified to get on a scale. Also, I caved today and bought some super sale Christmas gear for next year for the baby...I hope I dont jinx anything....

Also, Dr's office tells me I'm on a cancellation list for January...WTF? Like, if they cant get me in for my first appointment should I be making all my other appointments for the next 8 months right now? Ugh...so annoyed...

26. lawbee11

Hey ladies! Sorry I have been MIA--things have been crazy with the holidays. I am officially 7 weeks tomorrow We told DH's parents and sister on Christmas Eve. I wanted to wait until after the first u/s, but they live out of state and we won't see them again until March. They are all very excited! We are planning to tell my parents in a little over a week (after we hopefully hear the heartbeat!).

As far as symptoms go, I haven't had anymore vomitting, but I have been very nauseous. I actually find it's worse in the afternoons than the mornings. I've also found that mints and gum really help. I've had sore boobs for about a week, too. And of course extreme bloating and gas. All so lovely.

@msmay: I had a few days of brown spotting (it was very sporadic and only when I wiped) at around 4 weeks and again around 5 weeks. I haven't had any since, so I am hoping all is well. I called my OB/GYN the first time it happened and talked to her nurse, and she said it's completely normal. She said if it developed into a heavier flow (like a period) or was accompanied by severe cramping to call back. Luckily it never did and just went away after a few days.

@StrawberryBee: I am glad everything went well with telling your step kids...I am worried about telling mine (especially the 12-year old). We're not planning to tell them until after the NT scan, but it's reassuring that it went well with your 14-year-old!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

27. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lawbee11: I originally wanted to wait to tell them too, but unfortunately we couldn't tell my MIL without also telling them because she can't keep a secret. And I think my DH was starting to feel left out because I told my family earlier due to the fact that my sisters visiting from Japan and I wanted to tell her in person, and wouldn't get another opportunity. It's actually just easier all around because now I don't need an excuse when I feel like crap and go to bed at 8. Still haven't made it 'Facebook official' and my aunts/uncles/cousins/friends don't know yet...waiting until the ultrasound to do that.

Good luck with your 12 yo! Boy or girl?

28. lawbee11

@StrawberryBee: Girl...which I think makes it worse because she's going through that awkward teenage phase. Luckily we get along really well so I think she'll be excited. There's also a 9 yo girl and a 6 yo boy, but I am not worried about them at all--I think they'll both be really excited!

29. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

Hey ladies! Glad to hear everyone's holidays have gone well! Happy new year!

Yesterday and today I've had some brown discharge. I'm a little freaked out. Brown is definitely better than red, but I've read about how it can turn into red so I'm still really worried/nervous. It's put me into a really bad mood the past couple days, not to mention I've got a cold too. (although, feeling a little better today). Really don't want to go back to work tomorrow and I need to contact my doctor about the brown blood but they aren't open today. figures.

30. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

Happy New Year everyone!!! We managed to make it through Christmas and going out at New Year's without any suspicion- success! On the not so bright side, I've been hit with the queasies big time the past few days.

@.twist.: Sorry to hear about your cold. It stinks being sick around the holidays, yick. I had a few days of brown spotting/discharge right around Christmas and it let up a couple of days ago. I'm still nervous about it but I haven't been able to get in touch with my OB either. Here's hoping the best to both of us! (Everything is probably fine!!!!)

31. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: That's scary! But remember that brown is old, so nothing is happening right now. Plus, your cervix is super sensitive and bleeds at the drop of a hat (or so Baby Centre tells me). I hope it stops soon and that you get to talk to your doctor.

@msmay: Congrats on the subterfuge! I don't know about you, but I found it so hard! I bet everyone is suspicious, but no one asked and that's good enough for me! I've got the queasies too. Do you find it super sporadic? I'll feel icky all day and then suddenly feel not so bad. I find it so weird - like it's a switch.

32. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

@grace agree with the sporadic queasiness. I'll be fine and just get a wave of blah. Then it goes away after 30 minutes.

So I don't think our friends caught on to my fake drinking over New Years. I did tell a close couple to us, so they helped make me fake drinks throughout the night. Starting 6 weeks tomorrow!

33. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Awesome...my nausea kicked in just in time to go back to work...really hoping I brought enough snacks to get me through the day today. And I am SO bloated...my work pants are way more tight than I am cool with six I am only 6 weeks along...ugh!

Thank god its already Wednesday, couldn't handle more than 3 days of work this week I dont think!

34. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@msmay: I haven't been able to get in touch with my doctor either. Stupid holidays! haha... Hopefully I will today and then she'll be able to see me right away, I have to book a follow up appointment with her anyway to discuss my next u/s!

@Grace: Thanks. I keep trying to remind myself that. I know worrying isn't going to change anything, it's just hard not to. Most of my worry comes from the fact that I've had little to no symptoms. The one consistent one I've had is sore boobs so the amount of times a day I grope myself is insane but slightly reassuring. hahaha

@Mrs D: I hear you on a 3 day work week. I don't think I could handle a full 5 days!!! Hopefully your nausea goes away a bit for you. that sucks.

35. Alivoo01

Been out of the loop due to the holidays, but I'm back in full swing now! We took a lil dune buggy ride while on one of our excursions during our cruise and there were massive pot holes that made me extremely nervous, but the hubby is confident the baby is fine since it's still small and has room to "bounce" around. Sigh. Next appt is Jan 16, but I don't think I'll be getting an U/S. If you don't get an U/S, do they at least listen for the baby's hearbeat????? I'm so nervous, but am trying to keep a level head about it all.

Still no morning sickness (thank goodness), but the lack of pregnancy symptoms is making the worry-wort me nervous (again).

36. Alivoo01

@.twist.: I caught the cold last weekend and am super congested!! Did you have any congestion? If so, did you take/do anything to ease it? I'm struggling to breathe, but don't wanna take meds.

37. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Alivoo01: How far along will you be at your Jan 16th appointment? My OB tried to listen to the heartbeat at 9 weeks, but it was still too early to hear anything. We were able to hear the heartbeat for the first time at my following appointment, when I was 13 weeks. And they've listened to it at every appointment since! Good luck to you!

38. lawbee11

@.twist.: Sorry about the spotting. I had brown spotting for a few days around 4w and again around 5w, so I know about how scary it is. Luckily mine just stuck around for a few days then disappeared. I haven't had any in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully yours does the same. I think as long as it's brown and is not getting heavier that you are fine.

@Mrs D: Nausea sucks, especially at work. I am pretty much nauseous off and on all day, and it's so hard to concentrate on my work. I drink sparkling water and snack on saltines and it seems to help a bit.

39. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: I was only congested! I ended up using a saline solution nasal spray, which I actually felt made me MORE stuffed up so I stopped that. The thing I found that gave me the most relief was breathe right strips at night. I kind of sucked it up during the day and then used one of those breathe right strips at night which REALLY helped allow me to breathe through the night and get a good nights sleep. Which I swear is what's helped me get over this faster than almost any cold I've ever had.

40. Alivoo01

@Adira: I'll be 11 weeks.

@.twist.: Breathe right strips - got it!! I called the OB this morning also, but had to leave a message with the triage nurse. I'll let you know if I hear something useful!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee