Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 - Postpartum Chat

1. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Sapphiresun: That's 100% what Paige does! Or did. DH found out that she would walk holding our hands on the grass, so now she'll do it inside a little. But I think that you are right. Crawling is too easy, so why walk? And Happy Birthday to N! Such a great card!

Also, is it my imagination or have half of us already had first year birthdays already?!?!?? I mean, my LO was super late, but it's only August 3!!!!

2. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Grace: I think we were a little heavily skewed to the beginning of the month too.

3. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Grace: yep! We had a party, but K isn't until the 16th. She was late!

4. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@Sapphiresun: Happy birthday! Can't wait to see pictures!!

5. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

Party's over! I didn't get a chance to take many pics since I was so busy running around serving everybody but here's a couple.

6. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Sapphiresun: Looks great! Love the cake.

7. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Sapphiresun: So cute!! Love the card!!!

8. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Sapphiresun: That is cute. Happy birthday!

@Grace: Yeah, LO's birthday is August 11, in the first half of the month, but he is one of the younger ones. He was actually slightly early (5 days).

LO had the ability to walk before he actually did walk. The first few times walking, and standing unaided I tricked him into thinking he was being held up. Holding something seems to still help.

I am excited about pump weaning. This is my last week of pumping twice a day, and next week will be my last week of pumping. I am nervous/unsure about weaning, because my LO enjoys it so much. He also is starting to really enjoy food, though, and has been eating a ton the last few days.

9. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Happy birthday, all you July/early August babies! just popping my head in -- still working like a madwoman trying to get the house ready for E's party on Saturday. I am So Flipping Tired. Remind me to never move and throw a party three weeks later.

E's teething (her first top tooth finally poked through!), so she woke up at 3am Sunday morning. She got back to sleep but I couldn't, so at 5 I started painting the dining room lol. She woke up a few times as I was working, but wasn't upset, hit the button on her aquarium, and went back to sleep. You guys, my baby comes with a snooze button

I'm going way overboard on this party thing, and I don't care ;). I love theme-ing things.

10. HTownMom

kiwi / 558 posts

@Sapphiresun: that cake smash pic is just too cute! I love it!! Also the party looks great and glad to hear it was a success!!

@StrawberryBee: can't wait to see pics!! Good luck with getting everything finished!

11. Mrs. Oatmeal

K's party was a ton of fun! We're doing a cake smash on her actual birthday, so there aren't any fun messy pics, but I'll post a few.

12. Mrs. Oatmeal

13. HTownMom

kiwi / 558 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: wow that cake is amazing!!! Also kudos for that board it's awesome! She is adorable!

14. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I'm going to assume you made the cake. It's beautiful!

15. Mrs. Oatmeal

@Grace: I did, yep. Its part of the reason I had her party before I went back to work...so I could have time to bake lol.
    @HTownMom: Thanks!

16. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Sapphiresun: Love your cupcakes and the monthly pictures! So cute! Totally makes me regret not doing month pictures!

@StrawberryBee: yay for a first tooth! And double yay for having a snooze button babe! I'm excited to see pics of your party! I love seeing all these pics! What's your theme? I can't remember

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I can't believe she's just strolling around and she's not even 1 yet! Love your party, I love the mason jar's and obviously all your cupcakes!!

17. Alivoo01

@StrawberryBee: my baby comes with a snooze button. hahahahahaha!!! That's flipping awesome!!!!!!

Parties with meaning totally make the crazy extra effort worth it! Go you for having the energy to move AND party plan/set up! Good luck!! Can't wait to see pictures!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: OMG!! That cake!!! That cake!!!!! is amazing!!! Looks 10000% professional and something someone would pay good money for! Go you!! And that chalkboard??? Wow!! So cute!

18. Alivoo01

Y'all - big, big news!!! I hope I'm not jinxing it, but here goes nothing.... C has been a champion nighttime sleeper the past two nights!! Guess the majority of his teething his molars has passed and he's not really learning something new maybe? Whatever it is, it's been a miracle. No random MOTN screams!!

Now if I can get him to sleep in his own bed also, that'd be fab-u-lous. Love the cuddles, but man, I can't sleep well since he rolls around all over the place. I also don't wanna curse something that's been over a year in the making. So at @Lawbee11: There's hope and a light at the end of the tunnel honey!

19. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Alivoo01: That is big news!!! I hope it lasts! Mine has been relatively good too. Sleeping from 8-7 with one wakeup at 4:30. Just one. I feel like there's a chance that she might sleep all night one day!

20. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@HTownMom: Thanks! I can't wait for it to all be DONE. I'm so crashing on Sunday.

@Mrs. Oatmeal: oh my gosh, how pretty is that cupcake-cake!

@MrsB2012: hee, same as @Lawbee: , strawberries ;). Was originally supposed to be strawberry lemonade, but the lemonade part got dropped.

So far I have:

favor bags: bubbles, strawberry pouches, berry fruit snacks

cake: three from BJs. Planning on a vanilla, a chocolate, and hopefully a strawberry shortcake if they have one that day, otherwise probably a blueberry buckle cheesecake. Plus her smash cake which I may or may not be baking. No matter what I try it comes out coarser than I like. I'm sure she won't care though .

Apps: cut up veggies with ranch dip, fruit

Food: sloppy joe in crockpot, hoagie ring from BJs, hot dogs, plus chips.

Drinks: strawberry lemonade punch (http://thefrugalgirls.com/2014/04/strawberry-lemonade-punch-recipe.html), rose sangria (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/07/rose-sangria/), regular lemonade, berry juice boxes, bottled water, beer. [this is probably way too much!]

Activities: water table, inflatable children's pool (either filled with water or play balls), the play house, the little step 2 slide, play tunnel from ikea.

Decorations: crepe paper, balloons, month photos taped to the outfit she wore (except in months 7 and 9 she wore the same shirt, so gonna have to fake that one out lol)

21. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Alivoo01: it's so funny to listen to her hit the button, start the music, and fall back asleep. #sofreakinglucky I told my sister she was in charge of photos at the party lol.

AWESOME news on C's sleep!

22. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: That cake is amazing. That is so many words.

23. Alivoo01

@Grace: C was like that last week! He'd sleep pretty decent with some up and down movements but settling back down easily, then waking up at 4:30 asking for milk. We'd give him a bottle and he'd go right back to sleep. The past two nights, no wake ups at all!

@StrawberryBee: holy moly! That's a lot of things girl!! I got tired reading all of it and you're the one doing it all! Mad props!

24. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Sapphiresun: ah!!!! Happy Birthday ! her party looked like a blast and was so well done! Loved your theme!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I think I said it 100 times already, but her cake was amazing. Happy early birthday sweet thing!

25. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Alivoo01: oh ho ho! That's exciting!

@StrawberryBee: LOL - I didn't realise that she was doing it! I thought you had some sort of remote. That's awesome!

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Alivoo01: haha, that's just what I think I'm going to do. Let's see what actually happens ;).

@Grace: seriously, this is the best thing ever: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Einstein-Sea-Dreams-Soother/dp/B006YBHE6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407257654&sr=8-1&keywords=einstein%27s+aquarium

it does come with a remote, but I've never been able to get it to work correctly.

27. Alivoo01

@Grace: I know right! I thought @StrawberryBee: was pushing the button. Not her LO! That makes it even better!!! hahaha!

@StrawberryBee: Does it have an end time? Like does it automatically stop after 20 minutes or so?

28. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

29. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Alivoo01: It turns off after 25+ minutes, and slowly winds things down so that it isn't an abrupt stop (we have the FP seahorse, but that thing turns off after 5 minutes and does not work for us!). She's in love with it. Wish I could post the video here

Edit: the only bad thing about it is that it's a battery suck. I'm sure they didn't want a plug that close to the crib, but the battery indicator is a joke. It basically turns on when the batteries are dead. We've invested in a lot of C batteries!

30. Alivoo01

@StrawberryBee: Awww! So cute!

31. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@StrawberryBee: that's going to be an amazing party!

I have a bit of a TMI question. Does anyone still have pelvic floor pain / perineum pain? It's starting to feel like it did a few weeks PP, you know all that pressure down there? I think it's been aggravated from being on my feet for long hours. I also find when we DTD it hurts for a couple days after too. I find it flares up, but it's really bad this time. Is that normal a year PP? I'm wondering if it's from being pregnant as well? If it hurts like this already it's making me really nervous for recovery PP with #2. I didn't tear/ have stitches so it's not scar tissue. Anyone else still have this problem?

32. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@MrsB2012: in my head it sure is! Oh yeah, and someone's lending me a toddler bounce house. Carnival at the Strawberry residence.

I don't personally have any pain, everything's pretty sound down there. Maybe due to the pregnancy? Hormones and such somehow triggering something?

33. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@MrsB2012: I would guess it is from your pregnancy.

34. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Just popping in to say hello. Love all the party pictures and hopefully can come back to comment. Our house went on market today so we are busy getting it ready for some showings tomorrow. Hope you ladies and babies are all well!

35. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@delight: Good luck with the showings!! hope it sells fast and high for you

36. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@delight: Good luck with the showing!

Well ladies, sorry I haven't been around much. My dad is sick and L just started daycare yesterday. So, we've been a little busy. I didn't think he'd get into the daycare until September but I got a call last thursday saying he could start this week! I was thrilled! The dayhome just didn't work out, so I was quite excited to get this phone call.

37. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@delight: good luck!

@.twist.: That's the center? You weren't happy with the idea of the dayhome, right? That's super exciting!!! How is he liking it? Has there been any update in your dad? Or are they still figuring things out? Hope you get some good news soon!

38. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: Yep! it's the centre. So far he seems to really like it. This morning at drop off, I expected a meltdown, but he actually smiled at the teacher. Which was not his reaction to being in a day home. It was very comforting.

They're still doing tests and stuff. He was flown via air ambulance to AB on saturday. They have done a bunch of tests which will have results in about a week. So, the wait begins.

39. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: Yea for the centre! And I hate waiting. That sucks.

40. Alivoo01

@MrsB2012: Sex for me prior to AF's return was super uncomfortable, but once she returned, everything went back to normal. I'm guessing the pregnancy might have to do with it, especially if you're still nursing also.

@delight: Woohoo!! Good luck!!

@.twist.: Glad to hear the center is working out well for you and L! Hope you have some answers and resolutions for your dad soon. We all know how much waiting for answers suck! *hugs*

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee