Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@aprild: I'm getting a ring sling this time around. We didn't have much luck babywearing with DD (despite having both a Moby and an Ergo) but agree that with a newborn and a toddler this time, it seems necessary! I'm hoping this one will be more amenable to the idea than his sister (and I will be able to use the ring sling easier than I was able to use the Moby in the early days).

@Mrs. Microscope: That really sucks! Were all of the items sold by Amazon (as opposed to one of their affiliated/third party sellers)? That is the only other requirement for the registry discount that I can think of that might have screwed you up (at least I think it is a requirement). Regardless, totally disappointing to be sure.

@buttermilk: I go back and forth between being totally over it as well and totally freaked out that I only have 6 weeks left. We are really behind on baby things (poor LO#2) and actually have a fair amount going on in July. Try to take advantage of the kid-free time if you can-- the last month or so before DD arrived, DH and I tried to go to lots of non-kid friendly restaurants, movies, and other things that aren't as easy to do once you have an LO in tow. Hang in there!

2. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@buttermilk: I've been having weird rib pain too - I'm not sure if it's because they're expanding or just because my entire torso feels under pressure, but I loosened my bra by one catch and it's helped a littttle bit. Ugh.

3. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I just purchased everything earlier, and I had the same problem. Apparently, the discount only works on items that are both sold by and fulfilled by Amazon, so several things didn't qualify. It's okay though, since I still got good prices on most things.

@buttermilk: Sometimes I feel over it too! It's hard when you start getting really big and your muscles are achy. Plus it's 100 degrees outside! I totally understand!

4. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I had my maternity photo shoot today! I talked earlier about how I had a shoot a few weeks back, but I hated all the photos. Well, I have high hopes for these! This photographer really took her time, and she paid a lot of attention to detail. She told me exactly how to stand and would adjust my hair or clothing if I needed it. I felt like she really wanted me to look my best. Plus, she had a lot of cool wraps and dresses that I could choose from to wear in the pictures, and we even did some bare belly shots! I think these will be much more artistic looking. Can't wait to see the finished photos!

5. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@aprild: if you wear a ring sling correctly, the weight distribution isn't too bad. If you google image it you will see how the sling looks on the back. The rings are supposed to be in front of your shoulder and the fabric sits on top, spread out, kinda like a cap sleeve, when the fabric comes around the back it's supposed to fan out and take up quite a bit of space. So, it doesn't feel like wearing a heavy messenger bag for hours and hours does.

6. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

So I am GBS positive, and I started taking oral antibiotics this week. They leave a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. Couple that with belly tightening and period like cramping and pelvic pain, and I'm feeling pretty done physically. Emotionally I'd be ok if baby stayed in as long as possible, I'm not ready!!

7. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@aprild: fingers crossed they turn out great!!! Sounds like a much better experience then the first one!
    @OhCaptain: I feel ya sista.....physically, I am SO ready. Mentally and emotionally....NOPE!

8. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@OhCaptain: @Portboston: I'm with you all! I am so tired and generally uncomfortable today. Physically over it is the perfect way to phrase it!

I am so thankful for the long weekend (although DD was in a MOOD this morning so it will be a long weekend if she continues-- I fear we are in the beginning stages of "threenager"-dom). I am hoping that we can get some things done at home so I will feel more prepared for Baby Boy.

9. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@OhCaptain: they started giving you antibiotics? They haven't given me anything!

10. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Had my 34 week check today and I am healthy, baby girl is moving tons, head down and heartbeat sounds great, but my uterus hasn't grown since 31 weeks. My doctor thinks is just that baby is so low, but we get to have a growth ultrasound next week to check on everything. I'm hoping she is okay, but also excited to see her and get some size measurements.

11. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. J: yeah! My midwife told me since one of the biggest issues with group b is really fast labor it just made sense to her to have her moms go into labor with out the bacteria. I guess that way you don't run into the issue of not having enough time to get both doses of the antibiotics via IV while in active labor. I was GBS positive last time and had the IV, I had a 12 hour failed induction so the timing wasn't an issue:

12. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@OhCaptain: I'll have to ask my midwives about that when I go next week! I was negative last time.

13. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Ok, I feel a little better about being 36 weeks (omg!) on Saturday. I washed and folded all the nb/0-3/3 month clothes as well as all our swaddles and burp rags and the crib bedding (sorry girl baby, you are getting big brothers everything) we have a pack of nb diapers and a pack of size one diapers, and I found the insert that goes in our infant car seat for little babies under 12lbs.
    If she came tomorrow we could quickly set up the pack n play in a pinch. I'm still not emotionally ready, but at least she'd be clothed and diapered!

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@OhCaptain: sounds pretty ready to me! I will probably wash the clothes and NB diapers this weekend, and we could do pack n play until DS' big boy room is ready. Eeeeek!

15. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@OhCaptain: Definitely ready!! Hard to believe the storks are circling above. I'm sure before long we will have some announcements! We are away this weekend and then I'm cracking down on preparations. I have almost all our nb and 3mo clothes washed but the nursery is a mess of all kinds of other things and I need to pack, gr pack and play and swing/bouncer/car seat out of the basement, freshened up and ready to go. And I need to but the ever so fun, postpartum supplies.

16. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@getjazzy: oh yeah. I don't have the bouncer, swing, RnP, play may, baby bath tub out of storage yet either. That's for next week, haha. I also need to wash and size down my cloth diapers. I don't newborn cloth diaper, so it's not imperative, but I'm sure I won't want to do it once baby arrives!
    Hopefully she won't come too early and we will have time to set up our crib!

17. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

'm 33w 5d, and we had our second growth ultrasound yesterday. She is already measuring 6lbs 3oz!!! I was prepared for 5lbs but not 6! She's in the 95th percentile. I know ultrasound measurements can be a little off, but that's a lot more than I was expecting to hear.

They did see a bit more amniotic fluid than they like on the ultrasound (which I didn't even realize was a thing). The dr said that normally extra fluid + a big baby is an indicator of gestational diabetes, but my test results were perfectly normal. The fluid level was only slightly elevated, so they want me to go to MFM next week and have it measured again to see if it's still high on their machine or if it looks normal.

I asked about what they would want to do if she's still measuring that far ahead closer to delivery time. The dr said that since I don't have diabetes, they would actually let her grow more before they would want to induce than if I were diabetic. So, she said as of now we're still well within the range to plan on delivering like normal. I'm not that excited about pushing out a potentially 9+ lb kid though. I was prepared for 8 but not more than that! Maybe I shouldn't have washed that one pack of newborn onesies after all... I've been saving the rest in case I need to exchange them.

18. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@OhCaptain: I am right there with you! Ready for the physical part to be over, but not feeling ready to take on a newborn just yet. I'm excited to meet her, to see what she looks like and see how her personality develops - I just want a chance to get some sleep first!!

19. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

My photographer posted a sneak peek on her blog of my maternity photo shoot, and the photos are gorgeous! I can't believe that is actually me in the pics - I look like a model! I don't want to share the pics on here for privacy reasons, but I'll send a link to her blog if anyone is interested. I'm so happy I decided to get them redone. Now I'll have these beautiful pictures to cherish the rest of my life.

20. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@OhCaptain: whoo!!! we're getting so close! I really need to pack our bags this weekend!
    @krispi: I think one of my friends growth ultrasounds was almost 2 full pounds off! Hopefully your estimate was a little on the high side!!!!
    @aprild: I would love to see your pics! Please send me the link. I just saw mine up close yesterday as well & picked out our final ones...I can't wait to get them printed!

Question for you ladies....
    I've experienced tons of fetal hiccups usually on a daily basis but I'm wondering where you get them in relation to how the baby is positioned. I usually get them pretty low and I've read that the movement of hiccups come from the upper back of the baby & since he was head down at our 32 week u/s, that makes sense. But last night he had the wiggles like crazy and all the sudden I felt hiccups above my belly button. Which freaked me out since I'm 35+2 and I want him to stay head down!!!! So I was googling (while laying in polar bear pose) and some people have confirmed baby's position is head down but still feel hiccups high up. ....is that true for anyone? Ill be spending the rest of the weekend in down dog and hanging head first off the couch!!!!!

21. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@krispi: My first LO was 8lb 13oz when he was born and at his 33 week growth scan, they estimated 6.5 lbs! I did have GD, so I know that was a factor, but it isn't always!!

I have a growth scan next week at 35 weeks and I'm curious what this one will be. At 31 weeks, he was 4lb 1oz, so signicantly smaller than big bro.

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Y'all, my c-section is ONE month from tomorrow! Omg.

23. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Portboston: I feel hiccups on my left side a little above the belly button. My midwife confirmed the baby is head down yesterday, so it must be the back that I feel.

@lilteacherbee: Exciting! That day will be here before you know it!

24. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@lilteacherbee: yay!!!!

25. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@aprild: oh good! that makes me feel better!!!

26. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@OhCaptain: we have all our 0-3 stuff washed, and the basics set up too. Such a load off my shoulders!

@Portboston: I think it has to do with the size of the hiccups! The bigger the hiccup, the more of the baby that moves! I bet he is still head down.

@krispi: I have my first growth scan next week to check on a possible IUGR, so I'm hoping for an average to bigger baby to avoid induction earlier. Do they induce for a bigger baby as well?

27. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Mrs. Microscope hopefully your growth ultrasound will be fine! I am also measuring 3 weeks behind and it makes my OB antsy - lol - but I had a growth scan 2 weeks ago at MFM and he was measuring in the 55th percentile, so just fine! I have another one next week. I am carrying low plus I'm tall so my OB said that is probably the reason why. Maybe that helps reassure you!

@Portboston I tend to feel the hiccups below my belly button and a little off to one side (usually the right side), although not that far over. He gets hiccups at least once a day, sometimes more!

28. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Thank you for the reassurance! I hope your scan goes well!! I don' t think its typical to induce just for a bigger baby unless there is GD

29. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@krispi: my Hypnobabies instructor keeps talking about a nurse she knows who said its sooooo common to be induced for a "big baby" and then it turns out the baby is totally average size.

@Portboston: I have only ever felt hiccups pretty low on my left side and they're still telling me baby is head down, but that would make me nervous too!

@lilteacherbee: CRAZY!

I don't have a growth scan coming up, is that typical? Midwives always seem to think my belly is measuring perfectly. How do they usually confirm baby's position and when?
    I'm not expecting any more ultrasounds.

We are pretty ready for baby. I finally completed our Amazon registry and got all the rest of the little baby crap. Like a sexy hands free pumping bra, lol. Bouncer, stroller, rock n play & crib are all set up. Even high chair! Car seat got delivered today. And I have plenty of clothes. Now I just have to wash everything, order a rug and curtains and nursery is finished! Then I'm planning on stocking the freezer with meals in the next week or two and packing the hospital bag. 39 days, EEEEEEK!

30. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@buttermilk: Well no matter what I will be down dogging a lot this weekend! Stay down baby!!!

We are not having any more u/s's. My midwife can tell the position just by feeling. She said they want to make sure baby is head down by about 36 weeks. If they can't tell by feel, they would probably do a scan. As far as the size goes...maybe if you are measuring far ahead they would order another one to make sure baby wasn't WAY too big!

31. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: my midwife doesn't do growth scans routinely either. Personally I feel like the evidence points to a pretty large margin of error.
    My belly is measuring 2 weeks ahead (at my 27 week appointment I was measuring SIX weeks ahead!) and my midwife doesn't seem worried. She said she can feel the head and she is really high, and my torso is really short, so there is no where for my belly to go, except out. I have a friend who measures behind because all of her babies (three) carries so low.

32. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@buttermilk: I don't have any ultrasounds coming up either. My practice only does one ultrasound, and that's the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks. They can tell the baby's position by feeling my stomach.

33. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: My regular OB doesn't do growth scans either, just a dating one and the anatomy scan. I have them monthly because I was sent to MFM after I requested the NT scan/MaterniT21 test. They found an antibody in my blood, so I have to get special blood work done every 4 weeks. The specific antibody I have can cause fluid pockets and anemia in the baby, so they do ultrasounds to check up on him. Otherwise, I'd just have the 2 ultrasounds.

I've got to get all my son's baby stuff out and sorted. I think I'll start that this week... Eeek!

34. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@lilteacherbee: I also need to get all the baby stuff out. I'll probably be busy doing family stuff tomorrow, but I think Sunday will be spent getting the nursery ready. My husband will be out of town next weekend, so I want to do as much as possible this weekend.

35. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: I've never had a growth scan. I won't have any more ultrasounds with my midwives unless I am late again.

36. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: my ob only does them if you measure small, to check umbilical blood flow and placenta function as well as baby size. 10% and under is classified as IUGR and usually requires induction between 37 and 38 weeks. Fingers crossed i don't have that!

37. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: they had similar concerns with my DD last time around. She was 11% for abdominal circumference (although they discovered it in a sono for something totally unrelated, not because I was measuring small). Blood flow and everything was fine. They had me come in for weekly non-stress tests after that and decided they didn't want me to go past my due date. So I was induced at 39+9 and DD was 6lbs9oz. They never gave me an IUGR diagnosis and this time are just monitoring more proactively (I have a growth scan Monday). I think they like to be precautious but I try to remember that not every baby can be 8 lbs! Someone has to be on the lower end of the curve. It is stressful though- hope your scan goes well and is just another chance to see LO!

38. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: The doctor said that since I don't have GD, they would let the baby get up to 5000 grams, which is over 10 lbs, before they would induce!! If I did have GD, that limit would be lower.

@buttermilk: They are doing monthly growth ultrasounds from 28 weeks on due to a fairly large fibroid I have that they are keeping an eye on. This was my second one. But if it weren't for the fibroid, I don't think they'd be doing ultrasounds. Ironically, the fibroid looked great at the ultrasound, but they found these other minor concerns.

39. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@abmamma: thanks! That makes me feel better. And more than likely baby girl will measure fine, she is just a low rider and not using the upper part of my uterus. Use it or lose it, I guess. Looking forward to seeing her again on Thursday!

40. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Ok that all makes sense! Do they usually do an ultrasound at the hospital when you're in labor to confirm position? Or still just feel around?

Rug & curtains purchased which means once they get here nursery is FINISHED!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee