Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@getjazzy: I think I'll do that - not sure what yet. My son loves trains, so maybe I'll get him another Thomas train to go with his tracks. I want to do everything I can to make his first introduction to the baby positive, since I'm worried he'll be jealous. He's used to having me all to himself all the time, so I'm sure it will be a shock when there's another baby around.

@Torchwood: Glad to hear things are going well! She's so beautiful!

2. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I'm getting frustrated with my maternity wardrobe. I feel like things are getting tight. My full panel shorts and pants are digging into my stomach, and the shirts all look like they are stretched to the max. I want to wear loose, flowy clothes, but all I have are fitted t-shirts and shorts/pants. I feel like it's too late to buy new stuff, since I have less than 5 weeks to go. Whenever I'm sitting at home, I just want to wear my underwear. Anyone else feeling this way?

3. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

We're thinking of getting our 2.5 year old a Bitty Baby. she seems to really like dolls.

I'm in so much pain. My hips, legs and feet are killing me. 36 weeks and I'm so done.

4. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@getjazzy: My LO will only be about 20 months, so I'm not sure he'd "get" that a gift was from the baby. However, I am planning on getting him something special so that he doesn't feel left out and hopefully put it in a basket so he'll have some new stuff to do to keep him busy while I'm nursing.

@Torchwood: Yay!!

5. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: Totally feeling this way too. A lot of my tanks creep up and let my lower belly hang out now which makes me never want to leave the house. I also don't want to spend money on more clothes, especially since this is probably our last baby. Thankfully I'm off work now so I can hangout in DH's old tshirts at home.

Started drinking red raspberry leaf tea today, hoping to get my uterus in shape or whatever haha. Anyone drinking it? Or done that in a previous pregnancy? I wanted to try with my first but I never got around to it.

6. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@lilteacherbee: My LO hair turned 2, so I'm also not entirely sure he will understand but he likes to talk about experiences and even now when he gets a gift and you ask who have it to him, he names them so I thought it might be fun to keep reminding him that his sister got it for him.

7. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kayakgirl73: Very cute idea. She can take care of her baby while you take care of the actual baby. She will definitely feel involved!

8. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@aprild: Yes! For me it is dresses, though. Ones that used to be flowy are now tight on my belly.

9. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@getjazzy: I started the red raspberry tea at 30 weeks. I try to have several cups a day. I have been making a pitcher of it and keeping it in the fridge. I hope it does something!

10. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

Up at 2am with heartburn...blah. So over this. @aprild: I'm running out of clothes as well. 2 more work weeks for me then I will be lounging in t shirts and yoga shorts!
    @getjazzy: thank you for the reminder! I got some and need to start drinking it. Hoping it helps with something!

11. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@aprild: I've been wearing leggings & jersey type dresses exclusively for months so I'm still feeling ok. Do you have a forever 21 near you? Maybe you could get a big stretchy dress from there that's super cheap and that isn't technically maternity so you can wear it later. And you may want to wear it postpartum too so you can get more use out of it!

12. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: I bought some last week and made a pitcher that's still sitting in my fridge. Guess I should drink it but I kind of hated the taste!

13. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: I hate the taste too! Today I'm trying to brew some to chill and then I'm going to cut it with lemon or something, it's not very tasty, that's for sure!

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@aprild: yes- undies and a tank 24/7 when LO is asleep (when she's awake I figure who knows what I'll end up doing haha.)
    @kayakgirl73: same here. Back/hips and sporadically my right leg, hip to toes. It's like when I had bursitis but x1000. I'm DONE and I'm not even 34 weeks.

15. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Hello August mom friends! I have been reading but crazy busy over the last week. I had two nephews born, on the 2nd and the 6th! I also have been in more pain than I ever thought possible. Saturday I woke up with my back and hips being awful but also extreme pain down my right leg, hip to toes. I have dealt with this due to my back before, but less extreme. It feels similar to growing pains but I believe they said it's nerve related. I couldn't even take LO out. DH was working so I had to entertain her inside all day- it was miserable. I am hoping these weeks FLY by.

I also did my maternity pictures yesterday! LO was not super cooperative (she's getting her 2 year molars so her hands were mostly in her mouth, and we didn't get any pictures of me and DH because she would run off immediately if not held.) I'm hoping we get some good pictures anyway!

We went and met a friend's 3 week old on Sunday and LO (who is nearly 21 months) was not exactly thrilled. No fits but started to get a little jealous. Makes me so nervous!

16. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@AprilD @Getjazzy @Ms. RV @Buttermilk I do often just lay at home in my underwear, anything else is too hot and uncomfortable!! I can't do leggings - too hot and tight and feel like they are digging into my belly. I looove these tanks at Target - http://www.target.com/p/maternity-fashion-tank-top-liz-lange-for-target/-/A-15008910 - they are super long and not ruched or anything, so they don't scream "maternity". You could probably even wear them not pregnant.

33 weeks today (!!) - off to my every 2 week OB appointment. My contractions were horrible last night - like 7 to 8 an hour and like super painful menstrual cramps. I was afraid I was going into labor. But, I was able to go to sleep and they seem better today, so who knows.

17. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsADS: I LOVE those tanks. I have black, white, coral, mint and black with white stripes haha. Good luck at your appointment today!

18. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kjpugs: Congrats on the new nephews! Hope your pain subsides

19. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Omg ya'll, they want to send her home today. They said they never do before 36 weeks, and she's only 35+2. If she passes her car seat test (has to sit in it for an hour with no issues with breathing or heart rate) and keeps eating fine, she's going home. Yay, but omg, overwhelmed!

20. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@kjpugs: Congrats on the nephews! That's great that you live close to them! Hopefully your LO will adjust quickly when the new baby comes.

@MrsADS: Are you allowing cervical checks at all? Are you dilated? Im 36 weeks tomorrow so I'm waiting to feel my first contraction!

21. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: she's so strong! Good luck with the car seat test. Hopefully you can snuggle at home tonight and begin family life at home!

22. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Portboston: don't live close at all. They're in Indianapolis / Delaware and I'm in FL. Just been on baby watch and lots of calls/texts..

23. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@kjpugs: ah! I was getting confused with the friend who you saw....pregnancy brain

24. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Portboston my regular OB hasn't done any cervical checks so I don't know if I'm dilating. I have been seeing the MFM doctor, who does ultrasounds of my cervix, but I think that's just for cervical length, not dilation. I know my cervix is shortening, but I don't know about dilating. Today at my OB appointment, my dr said at my next appt at 35 weeks they will do the GBS swab, so she will probably check me then.

@Torchwood congrats!! Hope she passes the test and you can take her home, that's great!

25. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Portboston: story of my life!!!!! LOL! I wish they were closer ironically, my mom left yesterday for Ireland for 2 weeks (birthday present that had been planned over a year) so she missed out too!

26. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

I had more swelling in my right leg than left the last 2 days and it's been getting worse so I called the doctor. I was told to come in right away, even though I don't have the pain and redness associated with a clot. The doctor took one look at my leg and immediately called the hospital to get a doppler of my leg. He also got me in for my growth ultrasound right away and baby is head down and 61 percentile so no iugr! Just killing time until my leg doppler now.

27. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Yikes! Hope it's nothing serious - good luck!

@aprild: Ugh, yes, with the growing out of my maternity wardrobe. I jokingly asked my boss last week if our business casual dress code meant I could get away with wearing DH's tshirts as long as I still wore a skirt with them.

28. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

I had my last MFM appointment/growth ultrasound this morning! Everything looks good and my antibody stuff is still in the normal range. He is estimated at 6lb 12oz, which shocked me because he gained almost 3lbs in a month! But, most of the measurements were in the 25th-50th percentiles except for his head which was measuring in the 90th (38+ weeks and I'm 35.5 weeks). One crazy measurement can skew the estimated weight, so who knows how big he'll really be. She said she really doesn't think I have GD because 1) I passed the screening easily and 2) my fluid levels were right in the middle of the "normal" range and usually fluid is super high if you have GD. Also, she said that when babies have growth spurts in utero, their heads and bellies grow first and then the limbs last, which explains why his head is so much larger than, say, his femur bone.

So basically, we have no clue how big this little boy will be, but I tend to make big headed/large babies (which is kinda funny because I'm a super petite person!). Guess we'll find out in exactly 4 weeks from today

My next OB appt is next week and then I'll have weekly appts until baby day!

29. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Good luck!! Hope everything is okay!

30. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Torchwood: That's so exciting!! Let us know how the car seat test goes. How is the breast feeding going? Are you just bottle feeding your BM or has she latched? Wishing you positive test results so you can go home and be a family there!

Had my 36 week check up today which included my GBS swab so she did a check too. Baby is head down and getting low but still room to drop according to her. No dilation at all which I'm not super shocked about, still a bit early. We decided to skip next week in terms of internal checks and then resume the following week (38 weeks) where I hope she will agree to sweep my membranes if I'm dilated enough.

Also, found a delicious way to drink the raspberry leaf tea. I brewed a bigger pot with 3 RRL bags and 2 regular raspberry tea (caff free) and then I added a splash of lemon and lime juice and chilled it. It's actually delicious! Kind of reminds me of the passion tea lemonade from starbucks. Wayyyy better than drinking it warm.

31. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Oh man! Hope everything is ok with the leg!

32. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

I'm home! Baby is just pushing funny on the veins in the right leg to cause uneven swelling, no health risk at all! What a day!

In addition to the 61st growth percentile, they estimated she weighs 6 lbs even. But who knows! It was nice to see her, she had her little hand over her face as though she was also just OVER today!

33. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@getjazzy: That sounds delicious! I might have to try that. Had my first cup of it today and I wasn't a huge fan.
    @Mrs. Microscope: Aww glad to hear everything is ok!!!

34. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: So glad everything is ok!

35. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Portboston: I agree, warm is no good haha. I had a cup last night and felt really gross after forcing it down. It actually made it more likely for me to drink it too because I don't have to prepare each cup, I just filled my glass each time I went by the fridge.

36. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Portboston: Heartburn is the worst! It keeps me up sometimes too, but I keep Tums in my nightstand, and those seem to help a lot. Plus, I try to not eat anything right before I go to bed, but that's easier said than done, since I'm always hungry!

@buttermilk: I think I'll just make do with what I have. I haven't shopped at Forever21 since college, and I always feel so awkward when I step in that store now - like I'm too old haha. Plus, being pregnant might look a little out of the norm.

@kjpugs: Congrats on the nephews! My LO wasn't cooperative during my maternity photos either, but the photographer still managed to get a couple good shots. They are usually very quick with the camera!

@MrsADS: I love those tanks too! I wear those around the house, since they are so comfy. I hope your appointment went well!

@Torchwood: Yay, that's great news!

@Mrs. Microscope: I'm so glad everything is okay! That sounded scary.

37. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I've been trying to do a little bit every day to get the nursery and all the baby stuff ready, but I still feel like I have tons to do! The nursery is full of boxes from Amazon of baby stuff we purchased that I need to open and assemble or get DH to assemble. We got the bins out of the garage with baby stuff, but I need to sort through it still. The garage is still disorganized, and I want to organize it and make it easier to find things. I know that's not baby related, but part of me feels like I need to clean and organize the entire house before the baby comes. Every time I open a cabinet or drawer and see clutter, I just want to throw everything in the trash and start over. I can't stand clutter right now! And I hate not being able to find things I need, because they aren't in a logical place! Ugh, this must be what nesting is.

38. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@aprild: totally agree! I never shop there anymore bc I am 30 feel so old and their clothes fall apart! But I got a dress and some drawstring pants for this baby body since they were so cheap and it didn't matter if they fell apart after a few months

39. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@aprild: I know how you feel, we spent an entire weekend sorting through our basement (total hoarder-ville down there) and trashing, donating items we no longer needed. I did the same recently with our bathroom closer and still need to do the same in a few areas. I guess we just want to be as organized as possible before the baby chaos comes!

40. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: so glad everything is alright!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee