Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: Feeling the same about my house be go figure, no energy to actually finish the organization process! I need to make a to do list, I think. I tend to do better when I can see in list form what needs to be done and cross it off as I finish them. It's go time though. I don't have much longer to get the house together where I want it to be.

2. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@getjazzy: Yes, a to-do list is a great idea! I think I'll make one too, and maybe if DH sees it, he'll want to help out more.

3. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@aprild: yep, nesting. I even cleaned the fridge and microwave yesterday because I couldn't look at it anymore!

4. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: last Friday night I started cleaning the kitchen and before I knew it I had rearranged the living room furniture. When DH got home I was like "Surprise!"

5. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

Ugh. my house is a disaster. I need to organize so bad but yet I've felt awful lately. I had an OB appt today. Baby girl is back breech again. Ugh. Scheduling a C-section. I should get my date tomorrow. Still some hope for her to flip. When it rains it pours, our dryer is dying.

6. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Mrs. Microscope I had a similar thing with my leg a while ago - maybe like 18-20 weeks? One of my legs seemed "bigger" than the other and it was feeling kind of swollen and hot, so I had an ultrasound. Mine was nothing too, so I guess it's just a weird pregnancy thing.

Ugh, has anyone else gotten the pertussis vaccine yet? I got it yesterday at my OB appointment and I was awake half the night because my arm is SO SORE. Every time I move it was like shooting pain. I'm so over the crappy sleep - I feel like I have a contraction every time I move, which wakes me up because the hurt, and I'm so congested I can't breathe whenever I'm laying down... bleh! Ok, rant session over. Not too much longer to go at least.

7. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@MrsADS: I got mine a few weeks ago. I hate that vaccine!!!! I made DH get it too

I feel like I have a lot left to do as well and zero motivation to do it!!

8. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: I've never heard of that vaccine, what is it? I only got the t dap or whatever. Sorry your sleep is so rough mama!!

9. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsADS: Yep, I got mine around 27-28 weeks. My arm was sore for at least 3 days! So painful! Last time, though, I was due in November and also got the flu shot at the same time as the Tdap. They did one in each arm and both arms were sore. Sleeping was miserable!!

@kayakgirl73: Ugh, sorry about baby being breech At least you'll have an official end date.

@Portboston: I'm over here with zero motivation as well! My toddler is currently watching Mickey Mouse and I could attempt to be productive, buuuut nope

10. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: same vaccine! Tdap is tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis.

11. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: oh! Thx yeah that one definitely hurt!!!

12. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@kayakgirl73: Sorry to hear about the baby's position.

@MrsADS: I opted not to get the pertussis vaccine this pregnancy. I just got it 2 years ago with my last pregnancy, so I didn't feel the need to get another one so soon. I know they say the antibodies can pass to the baby, but I hate shots!

@buttermilk: The tdap includes pertussis

13. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kayakgirl73: ugh! So sorry! Can you try turning at all? Belly sifting with a rebozo?

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsADS: I got it again since they recommended it.

15. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I think my son and I are coming down with a cold. Ugh. He has been coughing and acting whiny lately. I just started sneezing and feeling congested. I hope this doesn't turn into feeling miserable for a week. Pregnancy is hard enough!

16. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@aprild: ohhhh noooo I hope you guys aren't getting sick!!!! What a terrible time to be feeling even more crappy!

For all of you who have little ones...which thermometers do you have and like or dislike? My friend just told me to invest in a good forehead thermometer as they went through about 2 different $30 ones before she splurged on a good one because the cheaper ones never worked.

17. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: that's exactly what happened to me last pregnancy!!! So scary even when you're pretty sure it's not a clot. Glad all is good!

18. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Portboston: I have a temporal one, I got it at BRU but price matched a great price on Amazon (they will price match)

19. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Glad everyting is okay!

@Torchwood: That is great that you may get to go home soon! Were you ever able to find an antibiotic that was nursing friendly? (sorry if you already posted this somewhere and I missed it.)

@aprild: My son and I both have a little cold right now, too. I have seriously been sick so much during this pregnancy. I've had two colds, the most severe sinus infection of my life, strep, bronchitis, pink eye, stomach virus and now a little cold again! I was hoping we were finally in the clear but nope. Ugh. I just hope I'm not sick when I deliver.

I had my 36 wk appointment yesterday morning and everything was looking really good. At my 36 week appt with DS I had high blood pressure and they warned me that at my next appt if it was still high they would probably induce me. At my 37 week appt they did, indeed, induce me because my bp was so high, even though I never developed full blown pre-e. I'm so excited that so far in this pregnancy I don't have to worry about my bp! I'm very hopeful that I will get to go into labor on my own or make it all the way to my due date, when my RCS is scheduled.

20. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@kjpugs: Do you remember the brand? Do you like it?

@Mrs.Scientist: That's great!!! Hopefully it stays in check for the next 4 weeks!

21. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Portboston: It's exergen. I've been very happy with it. Just recently LO had a VERY high fever (we could tell first because she felt SO warm and was not herself at all) and it clocked in at 103.6. I then took my own temp, and my nanny's, and both of ours were normal (98ish.) So I know it works! I was mad because when I took her to the doctor they said it was like 99 using the under arm method. E runs warm unless it's winter, but I could tell you 100% she was running a real fever just by holding her. So that told me how much more accurate the temporal one is than the underam one.

22. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: my friend who just delivered was in the same boat with sickness in her most recent pregnancy. Our midwife suggested a strong probiotic, Florajen. She started taking it and didn't get anything else. Just some anecdotal advice.

Well, my "task" for this week is to get my cloth diapers ready! I don't use cloth on newborns, but I do have some size small diapers and want/need to size down my one size diapers for when they fit (about 6 weeks last time).
    I think I might install my infant seat base too. Even though it feels a tiiiiiny bit early (I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday, with no indication I'll go early), i like having it done for peace of mind.

23. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

I had an appointment yesterday and got my scheduled c-section date for 8/13. (EDD 8/30) I will be delivering in a high risk setting at a different hospital. I am excited and nervous!

@MrsADS: I got my shot 3 weeks ago and my arm was sore for 2 days! Hope your arm feels better soon.

24. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@OhCaptain: Interesting! Maybe I will pick some up.
    @Portboston: We have a CVS brand thermometer that has adapters that allow it to be a rectal, underarm or oral thermometer. So far we have only used the rectal adapter and it works great. I personally think taking rectal temps is most reliable and easiest when they're really little. We also have an ear thermometer but it's still too big for my DS's ear.

25. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Thanks for the support ladies! I'm happy it was nothing, and that we got the growth scan in early too! Swelling is the same today, but my hands were better yesterday afternoon and I even wore my wedding rings out to dinner for the first time in a week!

@Mrs.Scientist: yay for low BP!

@OhCaptain: my task this week is pack my hospital bag! We put the carseat base in my car last week. Bag packing in the last thing, but I am antsy to just get it done!

26. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Aghhh, I tried to pack my hospital bag this past weekend, and I basically got a couple of button-up sleep shirts and nursing bras into the bag before I gave up. I feel like I still need everything I'll want to take to the hospital!

27. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@Torchwood: Yay for hopefully going home soon! She must be doing really well.

@autumnlove: I can't imagine how it must feel to have an official date!

I had a follow-up ultrasound at MFM this morning. She's still measuring big, 6lbs 7oz at 34 weeks! They still saw slightly elevated fluid levels but can't really find any reason because everything else looks good. They want to do ultrasounds every week until I either go into labor or the fluid levels return to normal to keep an eye on it just in case. I'm glad nothing seems to be wrong, but that's a lot of doctors appointments!! I'm still seeing my regular OB, so that's going to be 2 visits every week!

28. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@raspberries: @Mrs. Microscope: @OhCaptain: I've gotta pack my bag! I washed all our NB diapers, NB clothes, and 0-3 clothes over the weekend. We will wait on the base a)it's so easy and b) we will have to turn LO FF when it's time (my husband is tall), so I want to wait as long as possible (he is almost 20 months).

I finished sewing curtains for LO's room this weekend, and I'm just waiting for the base molding to be painted and a new fan installed to start putting his big boy room together. Then I am working on cushions for our playroom.

29. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@Mrs. J: I think I'll try cat-cow yoga poses.

30. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@kayakgirl73: The polar bear pose may help as well! Spinning babies has tons of great stretches and poses to try to flip.

Thank you for the thermometer suggestions! Im going to look into a few different ones. Glad to know Babies R Us price matches amazon...the Braun temporal one is $50 at BRU and $22 on amazon!

31. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@autumnlove: Yay for a date!! It seemed so REAL when they gave me my RCS date!

32. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@getjazzy: Right now she's getting almost all pumped milk. Her latch is actually pretty good, but she falls asleep before she gets enough. They said the goal is to get her just breastfeeding by the time she's term, and it seems doable.

@Mrs.Scientist: They put me on a safe antibiotic, but they were initially worried that it might not work on whatever bacteria it was. But it cleared up, so apparently it was effective! It just took longer than they expected.

We're home! She passed all her tests (including her hearing screening, yay), and we got to leave yesterday afternoon. We had a good night, though I rather miss being able to have the nurses handle her 2am feed and let me sleep. It really is weird to have no monitors. I keep checking to be sure she's breathing, since I can't rely on them. But we're very happy!

33. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: Ugh, woke up this morning with a bit of a sore throat... hoping it isn't going to develop in to a cold! Hope the two of you escape it.

@Portboston: I have the Braun Thermoscan ear thermometer and have loved it. My LO doesn't mind having me do it, and now that he's old enough he actually asks me to check the other ear too haha. I also take his temp while he sleeps and it doesn't wake him.

@Mrs.Scientist: Hope you guys feel better soon! Awesome news about the BP not being a problem this time.

@Torchwood: So glad you're home and doing well! Good luck on the continued breastfeeding journey!

34. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: That's good news about your blood pressure! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is problem free!

@OhCaptain: I don't think 37 weeks is too early. I want to install mine around the same time. You never know when baby will decide to come!

@autumnlove: That's exciting that you have your date! Not much longer to go.

@krispi: That's a lot of appointments! But at least everything is looking good

@Mrs. J: Sounds like you've been busy! I wish I were crafty and could sew things. It seems like a great skill to have!

@Torchwood: Yay, congrats! I'm glad she's doing well!

35. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I bought one of these maternity/nursing nightgowns from Amazon, and it is so comfortable! http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Be-Mine-Maternity-Nightgown/dp/B0106JI1AA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1436388104&sr=8-4&keywords=baby+be+mine

I've been wearing it around the house whenever I know I'm not going out for a while. Plus, I've been sleeping in it at night. Basically I'm living in this thing lol. I wish I had bought one sooner instead of wearing constricting maternity pants and t-shirts all the time. I think I'll buy another one and bring it to the hospital with me.

36. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: Looks very comfy.. my favorite part is the model's poses hahaha.

@OhCaptain: Not too early at all! We will be installing in the next week or so too, and I'm just over 36 weeks. Sometimes it takes a while and some fiddling to find the best spot and install! I'd rather not do that between contractions haha.

37. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@getjazzy: @aprild: you are right, it isn't THAT early. I installed it around 37 weeks last time. I'm glad I know what I'm doing this time!! I do have to move my sons seat over as well. I'd rather not do all of that while in labor.

38. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@OhCaptain: Planning to install the base for our infant seat this weekend (will be 37 weeks on Sunday), pretty sure we need to move LO1's seat over to the other side since she will be ff and I think the infant seat takes up too much room where it would be placed. I was going to leave it for dh to do while I'm in hospital but I'm hoping to transfer to a birth unit for pp so I'll need it.

39. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@OhCaptain: For sure... we have to play around with install to see where the seats will fit in DH's car since he's super tall and we will have 2 rear facers.. hoping the infant bucket fits the middle seat? Eeep.

40. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@getjazzy: I hear that! Both my husband and I drive with the seat all the way back, and rear facing seats really only work behind the passenger!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee