Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: she has such an expressive face!

2. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Here's our three month pic!

3. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

Isla's 3 month photo:

4. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Pic time? First is grinning at himself in a mirror and second is from his baptism yesterday! My ILS and SIL are here for the week and I have a major vent if I ever have time to come post not on my phone.

5. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@Mrs. J: we do currently use the car seat and the adapter, but he's quickly outgrowing the car seat as well! It seems like everyone's LOs are getting so big and gaining so many skills

6. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

Everyone's LOs are so cute! Here is C at 2.5mo showing off his grasping skills!

7. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kitty: which seat do you have?! Our car seat goes up to 32inches and 30lbs.

8. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

9. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

We all have such cute babies!

P has hit the 4 months sleep regression, just as we approach the 15-17 week wonder weeks. Back to waking every 3 hours. We successfully moved her to the PnP from the RnP, but I think she can smell my milk more now that she's higher, and it wakes her wanting a snack. She sleeps so much better in the morning once I get up and leave her alone. Maybe it's time to move her to her own room

10. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

I just saw the August 2016 group is up! Craaaaaaazy. Can't believe it's coming up to a year that I got my sticky bfp!

11. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@MrsStar: I thought the same thing! Time flies.

Loving all the cute pics- I may post a 3 month shot when N hits it this weekend!

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Such cute babies in our group!!

@MrsStar: Yesss! I was thinking the same thing. I found out the day before Thanksgiving last year.

13. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@Mrs. J: I have the Chicco Keyfit Plus. I think I was looking at it wrong because he's in it at the moment and there's like at least 1.5 inches until he reaches the shoulder limit! Panic moment over

@MrsStar: I was thinking that too! Or more specifically, that it's almost a year to when we conceived (I was charting so I'm fairly confident of the conception date).

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@lilteacherbee: me too! Well I got a squinter the day before. I actually remember bursting into tears when I read your BFP and told DH it was his fault we weren't pregnant because of video games lol and then I tested and felt like an idiot

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. J: hahaha yes I remember that! And then I was so excited that we were going to get to do it together all over again

When should we try for #3?

16. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

This time of year has me feeling nostalgic....and glad im not pregnant. I have NOT forgotten my first trimester yet, and im not in a hurry to relive that.
    I think I got my BFP the monday before thanksgiving. Or maybe it was tuesday. I just know we told family on thanksgiving and close friends that weekend as well.

17. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Agree, can't believe it's been a year. We found out Dec 1. Love all these baby pics! Here is my little one at 12 Wks. We had holiday pics taken today.

18. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: I love that outfit! Where is it from? And the baby's pretty adorable too.

Babies are so weird! I laid a little snowsuit on L to see if it was too short, and she apparently fell in love with it. She spent at least 10 minutes cuddling it, talking to it, nomming on it, etc, and eventually almost fell asleep with it (and this is a kid who only naps while held). I've given it to her twice more with the same result. I'm thinking about sewing it shut and making it into a teddy bear, but she'd probably wind up hating it then. 😄😛

19. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@Torchwood: ahaha babies are weird, at least it's cute! C falls asleep holding the burp cloth sometimes and I'm just like, no don't get attached to that!

20. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Torchwood: a boy I used to nanny for fell in love with his dad's cashmere sweater! His mom made her husband give it up becasue it was the only way her son would fall asleep on his own!

21. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: dress and hat are old navy! tights are gap and they have a cute ruffle butt that's so cute and funny. I think making it into a teddy bear is a good idea!

We must be going through a 3 mo growth spurt or wonder week idk. She was sleeping 7-10
    hour stretches last week but this week has been the opposite. Here I am up at 1am argh.

22. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: Freaking wonder week. I was only getting up with her once, now its 3-4x. The wonder week is annoyingly coincidental

23. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: God tell me about it. I think last night may have been the worst night ever! After 1am she maybe slept 2 hours total. So much nursing. So much rocking. So little sleeping. Wtf!? 😑😑😑😑

24. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: Classic wonder week/growth spurt. Soon we can add teeth to the list of sleep disrupters. The first year is no joke!
    I'm crossing my fingers for an easy/short four month sleep regression. My son didn't recover from his until he was two.
    I wish I was exaggerating.

25. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: I am bracing myself for that one. Oh also we are driving 10 hours to TN for a weeklong thanksgiving trip so I'm sure we are about to royally screw things up. And then I go back to work the day after we return.

26. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Mrs. Microscope M is 2.5 months and we just moved him to the nursery last week (still sleeping in the RnP, not the crib, but we'll tackle that later, LOL). I was (and am still not!) ready to have him in his own room, but he sleeps SO much better in there. I think every little sound we were making (rolling over, etc) was making him stir, even with the sound machine. So, although I would like to have him in our room, it's really been better for his sleep. Our rooms are also right next to each other, just a few feet apart, so it's not like we are a long ways away. Plus I sleep with the video monitor about 3 inches from my face.

@buttermilk gaaah she's so cute! I love it! The heat index is in the 90s here still so I am not really feeling the holidays yet. Good luck with your car trip, yikes! I want to go to Orlando (3 hrs away) in December so my best friend can meet the baby but I am not really even feeling brave enough for that. But I have horrible reflux baby, so it's a little different.

There is already an August 2016 group?!? WOW! I got my BFP on Dec. 13, so coming up on a year.

My ILs and sister in law just left after a week visit... it went ok but I will just say I learned that I don't think I'll ever leave M alone with them. He was crying really hard (overtired) in the car and they were basically ignoring him and laughing, saying, oh, it's good for his lungs to cry, he will fall asleep eventually (!!!!). I was driving so there was nothing I could do. When I got him out of his car seat he was soaked in sweat, tears, and snot from crying. I was crying behind my sunglasses, I felt like the worst mommy ever. She also suggested I leave him in the swing and let him cry til he falls asleep. Plus they think my elimination diet is nutso. My MIL suggested that I stop breastfeeding and start him on goats milk because that worked for someone she knew (??), also her sister made her own formula with Carnation instant milk and Karo corn syrup, what about that? I was polite since we only see them a few times a year but... yeah. Never leaving baby alone with them.

27. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@MrsADS: there is NOTHING harder than driving while your poor baby is hysterical. Ok. There are harder things, but that's such an awful experience.
    Also, carnation and karo syrup? Dear lord.
    People are pretty understanding of my elimination diet, especially when I tell them the cost of the formula a dairy/soy sensitive baby needs!

28. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: lololol DIY formula. Omg! People! Glad it's over with for you. Glad your nursery transition is going well. I'm wondering when I should try again with my lil one.

As is typical with me, whenever we have awful nights I can not nap. I always feel freaking nutso and my mind won't stop running, and of course I can't stop googling about baby sleep and reading book reviews. Just downloaded the baby whisperer so lord help us. I gotta teach this girl to go to sleep on her own though. And I currently have NO plan whenever we have a rough night. We were seriously shushing, trying to not nurse, caving to nurse, co sleeping, back in the bassinet, different swaddle, back in the bed, unswaddle, reswaddle. Gah! I just want someone to tell me what to do.

29. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Portboston: Hey lady! How are you and M doing? Been thinking of you. Hugs!

30. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@buttermilk: hiya! I follow this thread but I'm always on my phone so it's hard to keep up with posting!

We're doing good! We went through the 4 month sleep regression a little early and decided to sleep train. We couldn't handle CIO so we're doing the no cry sleep solution. He's now taking almost all naps and night sleep in his crib! He finally started sleeping longer then 3 hour stretches. The other night we got 7!!! It was glorious!!!
    Here's his 3 month pic and a more recent pic (he'll be 4 months in a week!)
    All the August babes are so stinkin cute! We're one lucky group of mamas!

31. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Portboston: So glad to hear that! Is the no cry basically Pick Up Put Down? I think that's what I'm gonna try next.

32. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Portboston: OH my gosh! Didn't see the pics at first. HE IS SO CUTE!

33. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@buttermilk: thanks!!!

Yes pu/pd basically. I do let him cry/fuss but no more then 10 min. Then either myself or DH will go pick him up until he calms down. Then back in the crib. He'll usually need one pick up if at all! It's been working great!!

34. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Finally did our 4 month pictures. Hey, we have over a week till she's 5 months- I made the deadline! 😁

35. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: not sure my advice is helpful, but o just always nurse her back to sleep. The one thing I am doing this time is not getting her when she makes little whimpers or grunts during Her sleep cycles. Lots of times she will go back to sleep by herself.
    Also, I know it's hard, but remember two things: a) it will get better and b) she doesn't read babt books so don't stress if a method doesn't work!

36. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@OhCaptain: totally agree! Putting him in his own room has stopped me from soothing him when he is grunting or squirming but he's actually still asleep. Thereby waking him up! So we're all sleeping better.

37. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Man, E is really taking the three month growth spurt seriously! She has been eating and sleeping all day. My husband took the day off (pure coincidence) and im thankful he's been entertaining our three year old all day!

38. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: um, I hear you.on no sleep! This week has been hell! DH is back, and tonight we are putting P in her own room. The guest bed will be made up, and if she needs.snuggles after MOTN feedings, DH will sleep in there with her, and I will be in our room. I think she smells my milk, and it wakes wakes her up during this growth spurt wonder week!

Sleep training after Thanksgiving. Ugh!

39. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: ok maybe I'll do that. I always nurse back to sleep for her official MOTN feedings but for the crap wakeups I keep hoping DH rocking her will get us all back to sleep quicker than nursing but that hasn't been the case this week! She has taken more formula than usual today too. I swear she woke up looking fatter today. You're right about the grunts and whimpers. She was doing that up until this week but now they are just full on cries everytime.

@Mrs. Microscope: good luck! I'm starting PU/PD this wknd. Which is basically what I do already except I don't put her down awake. Probably in her crib.

40. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: How was your night? Ours was pretty much the same but we were more prepared for it. She slept 10-3, then woke up continuously within 5 mins of being put down until 4:30, then slept 1 hour and repeat until 7:30 this morning. Otherwise she acts fine throughout the day.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee