Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@dcw6411: no kidding, I'm so much bigger this time! Comparing is a dangerous game though, every body is so different, as is every pregnancy!

@ShootingStar: aww. I'm so much bitchier this pregnancy! I'm not emotional so much as a cranky bitch. I seriously feel for dh haha.

update : we booked the berkshires weekend! Just going Fri to sun, but I'm so looking forward to it. Something to get me through yet another week of dh traveling this week.

2. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@Pirouette: awesome! I just booked a weekend at that huge old Inn in Great Barrington in June. it's so relaxing up there, hope you guys have fun. our trip to California is in a couple of weeks but I don't think it'll be super beachy. and I'm greedily hoping to get another long weekend in before I can't fly anymore... plan is to spend all my money before the baby comes and starts using it himself. I just messaged you on the gold thread earlier today but then saw your gold expired, rats--I'll wall you

@dcw6411: @pregnantbee: of course it's different when it's your own body, but you two both look adorable in your headless bump shots

@MrsSCB: I loved your mom's story, too! and you are so organized to be checking out day care, my gosh--reading your posts is a reality check, I haven't lifted a finger. how's everyone else doing on day care if you're not planning to stay at home/keep staying at home?

3. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@LCTBQE: I love great barrington! It's crazy how much the prices increase once Tanglewood starts, so we're going mid-may. We're staying in lenox.

Oh that's funny, I guess I don't even get alerts anymore if someone messages me on a gold thread! Which I guess makes sense if I can't read it, but I feel like it's weird it doesn't at least tell me I was messaged?

4. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@LCTBQE: where are you going in California?

New symptom - sore feet. Specifically, the bottom of my heels. So odd and so painful.

Also, I was just working on my patio. A lot of bending up and down. And it was sort of painful in the side of my stomach and I was out of breath! I had to pull over a stool to sit on!

For babymoon, I think we are going to do two small trips - a couple of nights in Las Vegas in June. And a couple of nights at a local beach resort in late July or August. That one will be closer to my due date but it's so close to home, Doctor and hospital that I think it will actually be amazing to be relaxing and that pregnant.

5. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LCTBQE: Doing ok with daycare since we've already been through it once. I asked the daycare we used for our son if they'd have space for our daughter when we need it, and they said yes. It would have been harder like it was the first time if we were starting from scratch again. You still have time to figure it out, but I'd start looking now if you can muster the energy.

6. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@MrsSCB: ugh, sorry about the daycare struggle! We're just looking for part-time and apparently it's way to early to find something for November/December

I get you on the full time job thing though. I spent all of Friday switching our homeowners insurance (saved $500!! ), calling my insurance since they are refusing to pay for my 2nd A/S that was REQUIRED since the tech couldn't get brain or umbilical cord scans! Since I'm not high risk, they are refusing to even discuss going over the 3 they "pay" for. Like it was elective or something. Grr. And I had to chase down the mortgage company to pay our negative escrow from the huge rise in taxes last year. It was like a freakin circus and I spent nearly 5 hours on the phone with people!

7. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@Aandmklover: your swimsuit! Happy relaxing!

8. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Aandmklover: You look awesome in your suit, which is just too cute!

@coopsmama: That's so scary. I'm sure if there was any contamination is was cooked away, but seriously, like we need to add anything to the *worry* column these days.

@pregnantbee: *raises hand* I have both problems . . . both over- and underestimating my size! I almost belly bumped one of my bosses last week (in the kitchen), and I think we were both equally embarrassed. He's super easy going, but it's not like I want to emphasize the fact that I'm pregnant. I have bumped my belly a lot in the past few weeks, which is not a problem I had the first time! I am definitely bigger too. I'm coming up on 24 weeks and swear I was this big at 30 weeks last time . . . I'm sure that's an exaggeration, but *sigh*. (eta: in looking at picture, I was this size at about 28 weeks last time, BUT STILL)

@LCTBQE: I'm sorry you have had such a rough go of it lately . . . but I am super happy all is well on the pregnancy front! Much love to you!

@MrsSCB: At some point you seriously start to wonder just how many *full time jobs* you can have . . . ! I remember before having a baby how rushed and packed my schedule felt . . . and that was before trying to work all of the logistics/scheduling--including constant doctor appointments (for you and then your LO)--of having a baby. The daycare issue will work out! I think most centers try to be uber conservative with space/availability projections (to make sure they stay within ratio), and on top of that, some families will decide to go another route altogether or will not need care (some deciding to not return to work).

@mrschickpea: That's insanity. Seriously. I spent so much time sorting things out with my insurance company with my first pregnancy (my office switched insurance about halfway through my pregnancy, so it was a good time to deal with both the old coverage and new coverage at the same time!). Hopefully you can find someone (at the insurance company) who will tell you what the u/s needs to be coded in order to be paid, and that your provider's office can re-submit the claim with the correct coding.

9. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

Ugh, I just heard from a newborn photographer that I wanted to use and it is WAYYYY more than I was expecting to spend. Last time we had someone come to the house for a couple hours and we got maybe 10-15 digital prints, all for $250.

That person no longer does photography, so I thought I'd use one that friends of mine have used a ton. I got their pricing today, and the home session has a minimum purchase of $800!!! Alternatively, we could do a session in their studio, but that would have a minimum purchase of $500, plus a session fee of $100. This seems so crazy compared to what we paid last time. Plus, I was really hoping to do some posed shots of Lily, and then have lifestyle shots our whole family (including DS and the dog) and there's no way we can keep DS occupied for the length of the shoot in studio.

Ugh.

10. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@pregnantbee: ALL THE TIME!! Shutting the car door, bumping it on the shower door, etc. Now my DH comments on "how weird" it feels to front hug me.

11. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@ShootingStar: Omg, the mood swings. I've had a couple meltdowns lately when I'm especially tired luckily my husband is a patient man, haha. Also, photography can be so insanely expensive! I was finding all of these places that said the actual shoot was $250ish, but for images you'd have to add on close to $1000 at least! Um yeah, if I do a photo shoot, I will actually want the photos. My friend recommended someone that does a newborn shoot at your house for $350 and that includes digital images, so I was like, "OK, done."

@LCTBQE: I didn't even think the daycare thing would be that big a deal -- we probably just haven't found the right place yet!

@Pirouette: I love Lenox, so cute! I hope you guys have a great time

@mrschickpea: ughhh calling insurance is always such a nightmare! I should probably call mine to figure out the whole breast pump thing, but I've been avoiding it...I can't believe they're dragging their feet about the second scan, it was obviously necessary.

@pwnstar: Yes, I'm really hoping some places are just trying to be extra conservative with their estimates. There's a place right down the street from us that I got on the wait list in February. They said they'd have an opening in Jan/Feb 2017, but I'm hoping it ends up being earlier.

Also, speaking of squeezing through tight spaces....I discovered this in our garage this morning. My car is the red one. Happy Monday! ha

12. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@MrsSCB: I found this great local place that will tell you how much each breast pump is covered, based on insurance. I don't know if your insurance will be listed here, but if it is, this was a huge help - https://acelleron.com/order/

I want a 2nd pump so I can keep one at work (and not forget it). I was originally planning on getting another Medela Freestyle, which cost me about $100 out of pocket last time. But now I think I'm going to get the Spectra S1 or S2. I found an adaptor that will let me use my Medela parts with it, which is awesome. It seemed like even with multiple sets there was never enough sets of parts and we were washing them constantly. So I didn't really want to have to manage parts of for two different pumps. The Spectras get great reviews, so I'm excited. Well...as excited as you can be about pumping .

13. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@ShootingStar: Thanks, I will check that out! And having a pump at home and at work sounds ideal. It would be great to not have to cart everything back and forth all the time.

14. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@pregnantbee: Yea DH even said something like "so how big is this baby going to be if you're already this big".

15. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Another appt this morning, everything looked good. I'd gained a little extra but they weren't worried since I didn't gain much early on.
    So, previously I'd posted on a gold thread that they had erroneously published the sex of the baby in my online medical record. It said it was a boy! But the way the report read was a little weird- basically sex was listed twice, once as "unreported" and once as "male." I asked them to confirm at this appt. and they couldn't as they don't have it written down anywhere in their files. She showed me how the report they received looked totally different from the one I got, and said it was possible that the form auto populates and they never changed it....she said she definitely wouldn't count on it being accurate based on how the report appeared.
    Basically, we are completely team green again

16. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Silva: that's great everything looked good at your appointment today. But wow. What an ordeal with the gender scan. That must have been really bothering you for you to post it in a gold category. I hope you are feeling okay with the situation now. I actually really wanted to be team green!

@T.H.O.U.: husbands and their comments!!

17. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: DAFUQ. That makes me irrationally rage-y and it's not even my car (although it does make me flash back to my city living days--I had a parking spot neighbor who was similarly lacking in spatial awareness)!

18. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Silva: Lol and *sigh.* But so glad everything looked good!

@T.H.O.U.: WUT. Because. Men. *sigh*

19. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pwnstar: Plus my car is basically the smallest one in the entire garage. Make some effort to park in the lines, it's not that hard! I barely squeezed in there...

20. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: Yeah. This isn't tennis . . . *on* the line is not the goal!

21. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

22. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: my MIL commented that "the way I'm carrying" we shouldn't have any issues with a super small baby. Um, seriously? a) thanks for calling me huge and b) since you lived through this with me and know there's no correlation between my weight gain and the size of the baby, maybe keep your mouth shut?

@Silva: omg how funny! are you happy to be TG again? do you have any more scans left?

23. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Pirouette: it's a little hard to shift back and forth! But we'd been pretending not to know with so many people it's a little easier- not like we did some big reveal. Although I did tell a few people.
    They offered to do another scan now, and they do a standard one at 36 weeks- but I think we will just try to go back to "not knowing"!

24. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Silva: haha you are a strong woman! I'm not sure i could ever be TG to begin with, but to find out and then "unfind out" would make me want confirmation so badly. did you ever tell your LO you found out it was a boy? I feel like it would make my LO's day if i was like "just kidding, you're getting a sister!"

25. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Pirouette: ha, we didn't tell her. We did start using the male pronouns a lot more....but at least now she seems pretty cool with a brother if that's what it is.

26. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Silva: haha well that's good then! I can't wait to find out what you're having now!

27. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@pwnstar: yeah' apparently they don't care what it's coded or that it was necessary. Since I'm not high risk, they won't cover more than 3 ultrasounds which I've already had (dating, NT, A/S) My poor OB office has been working on it for over a week and sending them all sorts of information proving it was necessary. We filed an appeal on Friday, so we'll see how that goes. Whatever happened to "if the doctor says it's necessary, it's approved"!? It's really frustrating.

28. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@Silva: oh my goodness, I can't imagine basically "unfinding" out! It's hard being team green lol! I change my mind every day on what we may be having! I was almost 97% boy until I saw the baby at 24w and was like, "hey, that baby kinda looks like me! OMG" now the possibility has shown itself to maybe be a lady and I'm all confused, haha

29. stratosphere

apricot / 329 posts

Anyone else having Braxton Hicks yet? I just had a ton of them at work today...I didn't get them until later on last time, but I just read that they're normal to experience at this point. In any case I drank a bunch of water and they went away. Phew!

Also, just found out today that my little sister and her family (my four adorable nieces!!) are going to be in Yellowstone NP at the end of June. They live on the East Coast and we never get to see them, so this would be an amazing opportunity to bring my toddler to meet her cousins and also for us to have a quick weekend in Yellowstone as a family. It looks like my brother and his kids are going to try to make it too. The flights are very easy (and super cheap right now!) from where we are. I will be 32 weeks pregnant the weekend we'd go. Waiting to hear back from my doctor before we book tickets, but I want to go so badly! Yellowstone is my favorite place on earth and I haven't been in a decade. It is featured prominently in LO's nursery (I still have to post those pics!) and I've been wanting to take her but didn't have a good reason to go. My only hesitation is that Yellowstone is about a 2-hour drive from the nearest hospital with a NICU in the event that I go into pre-term labor while there...but that seems reasonable to me, lots of folks who live in big cities face a 2-hour drive (in commute traffic) to their hospitals, right? We'll be there less than three days, but seeing my sister and nieces will be priceless. I feel like booking it and just playing it by ear as we get closer--if I have any risk factors at that point then I would skip it; I happen to have a prenatal appointment already scheduled for two days before we'd fly and she could check me then...

30. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@stratosphere: that sounds so wonderful! I say go for it. Honestly, if something were to happen, god forbid, I'd think you'd have more than 2 hours to get to the hospital, especially that early on? But then again, I've never labored. I hope your doctor says yes!!

31. T.H.O.U.

@stratosphere: sounds great! I hope your OB approves it. No matter what I would get trip insurance!

32. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@stratosphere: Aaaaah, this is so exciting! I still haven't been there.....*quickly adds to life list*. I think I may be getting BH once in awhile, but they pass quickly. I have to up my water intake -- always forget to drink!

33. stratosphere

apricot / 329 posts

@Pirouette: @T.H.O.U.: @pregnantbee: Thanks ladies! My doctor got back to me and told me she's totally fine with it. So I booked our tickets tonight (and got trip insurance, thanks for reminding me T.H.O.U.!)--so incredibly excited to see my family and introduce LO to Yellowstone! She has a cardboard bison head on the wall above her crib (next to the antique Yellowstone souvenir wall hanging from the 20s/30s!) and every night she says "Goo Night Bison!" Can't wait to show her some of the real thing in the wild!

Also, turns out my dad is now going to join us too (he lives driving distance from Yellowstone), so it's turning into a mini family reunion--hooray!

34. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@stratosphere: ah yay!!!!! So excited for you!!!

35. T.H.O.U.

@stratosphere: Yea! Congratulations!

36. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@stratosphere: Congratulations on getting the all clear for your trip! I went to Yellowstone as a young teen and I have nothing but great memories from that time . . . which, at that age, says a lot about how awesome Yellowstone is!

I have been having BH for several weeks now (I am 24 weeks tomorrow). Most of the time they are uncomfortable but not painful and pretty random . . . although I have had several stack minutes apart from each other, but nothing so far that hasn't been cured with water and rest.

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Glucose test in progress. It's just as fun as I remember </sarcasm>

38. T.H.O.U.

@pregnantbee: what do the instructions say on the back of the bottle?

39. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@pregnantbee: I have mine this Friday . . . good luck!

40. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Sorry, didn't look. No longer have the bottle. I had to chug it within 5 min.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee