Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: Thanks

2. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@stratosphere: Hooray! So excited for you.

3. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@pregnantbee: ugh! My 3-hr is tomorrow morning Failed the 1-hr last week by a couple points and I'm not looking forward to it!

4. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: yuck. was it gross? I hope you pass the test!

@stratosphere: omg. yellowstone is amazing. I've only been once but can't wait to go again when I have my baby girl and she's old enough to appreciate. so glad your ob approved it. your ob is more fun than my ob.

Prayers please - I have a fetal echocardiogram scheduled for thursday. heart conditions run in my family so i'm praying baby girl doesn't have any such issues.

Also - swelling... is anyone dealing with swelling? My feel and ankles FEEL swollen but they don't look swollen. Its been like this for days. I may die.

5. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mrschickpea: Ugh! Mine just does 2 hrs as standard. It still sucks. I hope you pass the 3-hr.

@agold: It's gross. I got the orange flavor, and it's like super sugary orange soda without the fizz. The worst part is fasting before and during. At least they gave it to me cold. That made it a little more tolerable.

6. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@agold: since it's getting warmer here in Texas, I've taken off my engagement ring (wedding band is larger). Not much swelling except on days I'm on my feet longer than usual. I know it's only downhill from here though

7. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Updated Due Dates

July 24: Thismustbetheplace (#2) - 27 w, 2 d
    July 25: APRILFOOL (#2) - 27 w, 1 d
    July 26: Umberto (#1 ) - 27 w, 0 d
    July 28: TeawithPaloma (#2) - 26 w, 5 d
    July 30: dcw6411 (#3 ) - 26 w, 3 d
    July 30: pregnantbee (#2 ) - 26 w, 3 d
    July 30: mossyslane (#2 ) - 26 w, 3 d
    July 31: AANDMKLOVER (#3 ) - 26 w, 2 d
    August 1: MrsBeluga (#2 ) - 26 w, 1 d
    August 2: coffeemom (#2 ) - 26 w, 0 d
    August 8: mrschickpea (#1 ) - 25 w, 1 d
    August 11: silva (#2 ) - 24 w, 5 d
    August 11: coopsmama (#3 ) - 24 w, 5 d
    August 13: glitter (#2 ) - 24 w, 3 d
    August 16: oldpuebloJenn (#2 ) - 24 w, 0 d
    August 16: MrsSCB (#1 ) - 24 w, 0 d
    August 16: T.H.O.U. (#3 ) - 24 w, 0 d
    August 17: KOALAHUGZ (#2 :boy:) - 23 w, 6 d
    August 18: pwnstar (#2 ) - 23 w, 5 d
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 ) - 23 w, 4 d
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 23 w, 5 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 ) - 23 w, 1 d
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 22 w, 6 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 22 w, 5 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 ) - 22 w, 2 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 22 w, 1 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 ) - 22 w, 0 d

8. mossyslane

cherry / 215 posts

@pregnantbee: Ewww, good luck girl! Why can't it at least be something yummy like cherry coke or something?

9. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: That's nice that they gave it to you cold. Warm gross juice sounds horrible!!

@mrschickpea: Oh gees...it hasn't even been warm where I"m at yet. So weird. I'm hoping you and I both don't swell too much!

10. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: blechhhhhh. good luck!

@mrschickpea: good luck tomorrow! I never had to take my rings off with my first, but she was born in december. I'm wondering how early i'll be taking them off with a summer pregnancy!

@agold: i'll be thinking of you. is this just precautionary based on family history? or based on something they've seen so far?

11. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@stratosphere: Yay, I'm so glad you get to go! Sounds like it will be a really nice trip.

@pregnantbee: I'll be doing mine saturday -- that does not look appetizing

@agold: I hope the echo goes well and there are no issues! Are they doing one because of family history?

@mrschickpea: ughhh yes, it's been so hot here lately. I'm not looking forward to the real summer heat...

Sooooo another daycare question (sorry, I hope it's over soon!) I found a place that I could register at now. It's not my first choice, so if another place became available I would probably switch. The downside is it costs $300 to register, and I would just lose out on that money if a place became available elsewhere. I'm on the waitlist at four other places, and maybe a fifth tomorrow, that all "don't expect" to have availability until the new year, but you can never tell for sure. Would you put up the $300 for peace of mind that you have SOMEwhere? Or take a chance and see what happens with the waitlists?

Apparently we did not plan our due date well...I mean, not that we were trying to plan for a specific month, ha. Someone at work said to me, "Didn't anyone tell you that most of the registration happens in February?" But we weren't telling people yet in February, so...no. I had no one to tell me that.

12. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mossyslane: @agold: @Pirouette: @MrsSCB: All done now. Phew. Luckily a friend called in the 2nd hr and distracted me from feeling gross. Now we wait for results. All fingers crossed. Good luck to all who still have to go through it. It's really not that bad -- somehow I build it up in my head to be worse than it actually is.

13. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: I hope the echo goes well.

My rings have been off for a long time already. Really didn't want to risk them getting stuck. Luckily DH had given me another ring before we got engaged, and it has a bit more room. Hoping to make it til the end, but I can definitely tell the difference when it's hot!

14. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: I would plop down and expect to lose $300 for peace of mind. Seriously. With all the other baby "start-up" expenses, $300 is nothing in the long run. I hope something else opens, but peace of mind is priceless. xo

15. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: @Pirouette: Just precautionary, thank god. Thanks for your thoughts!

@pregnantbee: Thanks! And so glad your friend called and helped distract you!

@MrsSCB: Ugh. So sorry about your day care drama. So I would pay the $300 for peace of mind as long as doing so won't break the bank. I would pay most anything to take away some worry from my mind.

16. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsSCB: definitely definitely definitely pay the $300 for peace of mind! there are a million pros and cons to every birth month. My first was due in december, which meant i had all unpaid mat leave because i hadn't accrued any vacation for the subsequent year. this time around it'll be a hot summer while pregnant. and yet, i loved having a december baby (holidays with a newborn!) and i'm super excited for an august baby (walks in nice fall weather, yay!)

@agold: OK good! I hope it sets your mind at ease

17. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: I think it all depends on how strict your date to return from leave is. Do you have other options (stay out until the new year, DH takes time off, other family members, short term nanny etc?) If none of those are a reasonable option for you then $300 for peace of mind isn't terrible.

18. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: @agold: @Pirouette: Yeah, that is what I'm leaning toward because I am literally losing sleep over this.

@T.H.O.U.: that is a good question I've also been thinking about. When I come back to work in November, I will still have three weeks of vacation time left. Plus, the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas, basically no one is in my office. Maybe I could get away with taking the vacation time at the end of mat leave and then working from home for some of the time? I haven't really mentioned any of this to my boss, but we are meeting tomorrow to discuss how to cover my duties while I'm gone. I might bring up the fact that I'm having trouble finding daycare and see what she says. She has an 18-month-old, so maybe she'll at least have some advice or something. A lot of my job is working on a monthly magazine. By the time I come back, the December issue will be done already, and we won't have another issue until February (we skip January because of the holidays). So that probably helps.

19. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: On one hand its nice to come back and then have some down time in the office (I think thanksgiving and christmas is slow a lot of places) but this time I'm hoping to just stay out until after the new year.

20. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Yeah, I can definitely see the benefits of both. It is really quiet around here in November and December, so it would be a good time to ease in and catch up on the many emails I'm sure I'll have I know when my coworker was coming back last year, she was supposed to start in December, but her daycare wasn't available for about two weeks and she had no more leave or PTO. She ended up being able to work from home during that time, so it seems like there is a bit of flexibility.

21. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@agold: happy thoughts for a good scan!
    As for swelling- I had some a few weeks ago, that kicked my butt into following this food plan again. I had no swelling until two days before labor with my first, and I ate protein like it was my job. http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com

22. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@MrsSCB: hopefully your meeting will bring you some clarity! I'm sorry childcare is such a headache!

23. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Thank you!

Of course I talked to my husband about it (he's out of town for work) and he would prefer not to pay that for a place that's not a top choice. He said he would defer to me, though, so I'm still thinking I will probably do it. He's not the one who's been doing all of this research, calling and visiting sooooo he hasn't exactly been feeling the stress...

24. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: Your husband probably also isn't the one who is feeling all of the anxiety over the day care issue. Ask him if he feels your current sanity is worth $300. I agree that its a lot of money and it sucks to think you might not even use it. But you are in a tough spot and if a second-choice day care is needed, then its needed. What else can you do?

25. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: Fwiw, I would do it in a heartbeat. The peace of mind would be worth it alone. Men just don't get it. We feel like everything is our responsibility. Even if that's not entirely accurate, itnliterally feels like it's ALL your responsibility.

26. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: For what it's worth, I did the same thing when we were searching for preschools after our son grew out of daycare. I had a number 1 choice that had a huge waiting list. Ended up putting $150 down on a good but not first choice place just so we'd have something. Ended up losing the money bc we ended up at other place that turned into the first choice place once we knew we were never getting into the true first choice. I don't regret it at all bc it helped me worry less and sleep better.

27. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: @pwnstar: Yeah, of course I'll take his concerns into consideration, but he's not the one losing sleep. I think I'll probably just pull the trigger tomorrow and then not think about daycare again for a couple months...To be fair, he's asked how he can help. But I just know I'll want to visit everywhere anyway, so it just seemed easier to do it myself. Plus, he doesn't understand the urgency.

@pregnantbee: Thanks, that makes me feel better. My mom also said she did the same thing with my sister. Glad I'm not the only one!

28. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Woo! Just found out I passed the glucose test. Now bring on the donuts!

29. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@pregnantbee: 🎉🎉🎉 Give Me Donuts or Give Me . . . Cake!

30. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@pregnantbee: Yay! This is what I am currently eating

31. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: Yay! 🍩

@AprilFool: Yum!

32. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

my anxiety is continuing to ramp up. I feel like I can't tell whats legitimate concern and whats anxiety based thoughts. Pre-term labor (especially before about 32 weeks) FREAKS me out- it did last time too. I've listened to my husband talk about the NICU too much I think.

On my commute this morning I experienced three instances of "pelvic pressure"? About 30 minutes apart, lasted for probably almost a minute. It kind of felt like it could be the baby trying to push its head around- like out of the front of my pelvic area- a general tightening like braxton hicks but coupled with this feeling like there was a bowling ball trying to push out between my pelvic bones. It was very uncomfortable- and a little painful, but not in a sharp pain kind of way.
    On Monday my doctor (again) told me not to worry about the braxton hicks. I did have four in an hour yesterday, but it was while I was walking and they stopped as soon as I got home.
    So- thoughts on this new sensation? It hasn't happened in over an hour.

33. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

In other news, I'm pretty sure all my weight gain can be credited to these. I can't stop buying them and scarfing the whole bag

34. T.H.O.U.

@Silva: I'm sorry. I agree your husbands professional probably doesn't help the anxiety. Ive always been told not to worry about the BH as long as they aren't increasing in frequency after you've drank water and sat down.

35. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Does the pressure feeling/ like a bowling ball coming out of my pelvis sound like just more intense Braxton hicks?

36. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@Silva: I have gotten that feeling with all three of my pregnancies. It tends to come and go at random times, and personally I have always attributed it to baby shifting his/her weight in some way. It never seems to stick around for me and only happens as you described and then not again for a day or two, etc. I know it is uncomfortable and definitely feels bowling ball-ish.

ETA: I can definitely see why you have anxiety given your hubby's profession. I would have it too for sure. Sometimes ignorance can be bliss.

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Silva: I'm sorry about all the anxiety. I'd probably be the same if my husband were working in the NICU all the time.

As for that feeling? I'm not sure I've felt it. I've definitely had some tightening that lasts for maybe a minute, but, like @dcw6411: I also think it's the baby shifting. Can you call your dr? No question is too silly for them.

38. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@dcw6411: Thanks- it definitely felt like it could just be big movement/ the baby protesting the position I was in in the car. But it lasted for so long, and I'm feeling a little on edge. It hasn't happened again, so I'll just try to chalk it up to big movement or more braxton hicks.

39. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@pregnantbee: I think if it happens again today I will call. Maybe this sounds funny, but if I can calm myself/my anxiety down by myself its usually better for me in the long run. Calling them kind of validates it for me in a way.

I only called for a total anxiety thing once last time. I hadn't felt movement, didn't feel like drinking juice and laying down made it happen, but then the baby started kicking while I was on the phone with them. They are great, and had me come in and listen to the heartbeat anyway! So I do feel like I CAN call and they will be supportive, but I know for my own mental process its best if I can manage my anxiety independently.

40. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Silva: I totally understand. Deep breaths, break out a coloring book or something, and treat yourself to more of those yummy looking crunchy things

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee