Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

I woke up with the burning nesting energy of 10,000 moms. I cleaned and I mean CLEANED the bathrooms like it was my job. I should have maybe put the energy towards actual nesting like sorting baby clothes and working on moving my DD to her big girl room, but the bathrooms effing shine!

And now, I'm exhausted.

2. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@MrsRcCar: ahhhh, so cute! So glad you're still with us

3. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsRcCar: HI BABY! I'm giving you a virtual high five! So happy for you!

4. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Wanna come to my house?

5. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: ha! Come to my house next!! And I think cleaning is a great step in nesting. I can't even begin to do anything until my house is cleaned.

6. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Silva: @OldpuebloJenn: @mrschickpea: @pregnantbee: @agold: Thanks ladies. I am 14 weeks tomorrow. I had my genetics appointment this morning. Went well and we will get results soon enough.

7. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsRcCar: Well I think 14 weeks is a great milestone! I hope the testing results come back perfect. But your baby looks perfect already.

8. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MrsRcCar: Awww, hi baby!

9. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@MrsRcCar: Totally have tears in my eyes looking at your ultrasound pictures. So happy for you!

10. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: I need to channel your energy and do the same tomorrow. Mine are icky and need to be done!

11. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@pregnantbee: @agold: @dcw6411: I totally slept for 90 minutes and woke up to a disaster of a house. The three year old has the opposite of nesting tendencies!!

12. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsRcCar: Hello gorgeous!

@OldpuebloJenn: "but the bathrooms effing shine!" That's so awesome . . . it's the little things! And three year olds are totally like an unlimited *undo* function in Word . . . !

I passed my GD test with a surprisingly low score of 71 (range was 65-139). I was so sure I was going to fail! Anyone else have a low result (with any pregnancy)?

13. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@pwnstar: Thats great! I've always passed but I think was around 110 or so.

14. T.H.O.U.

@MrsRcCar: Thanks for popping in to share!

So, insomnia. Tonight I'm taking benedryl. I am awake every night this week from 2-4am.

15. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I had a lot of luck with Nighty Night tea, I got it at Whole Foods. My midwife suggested it, any tea with passionflower will do. But now that it's allergy season, I'm just taking benedryl- 2 birds, 1 stone. I hope you get a good nights sleep soon, the middle of the night waking is the worst!

16. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: Hooray for passing! My results have 3 different numbers -- one before drinking the glucola, one at the 1-hr mark and one at the 2-hr mark:

Before: 77 mg/dL (normal: <92 mg/dL)
    1 hr: 134 mg/dL (normal: <180 mg/dL)
    2 hrs: 110 mg/dL (normal: <153 mg/dL)

17. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsRcCar: PERFECT BABY!!!!!

I had a quick appt this morning, got my yummy drink for next time and my hospital registration paperwork - ahh!!!! Baby is head down already, not that it really matters since i'm having a c section. or does it matter? Maybe it's easier for surgery? who knows.

18. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@pregnantbee: Wow, those goal numbers are actually pretty high! I'm expected to keep 1 hour numbers <140 and 2 hour numbers <120.

So I'm starting to get a little anxious and I'm glad I have an OB appointment on Thursday. At the end of my pregnancy last time I got really sick and was on the verge of pre-e (blood pressure spikes, protein in urine). And I'm really worried I'm heading down that road again, only earlier this time. On a few different occasions over the last few days I've had extremely painful Braxton Hicks. Like, stop me in my tracks, feels like real contractions. And not in situations when I need to rest or drink more.

Then last night I was feeling off and checked my BP. It was inconsistent, but I got two high readings. Luckily at my endocrinologist appointment this morning it was normal. She was a little concerned though when I told her about the high readings at home.

Last time when I got sick it was around 36/37 weeks. And while it was tough, we had no toddler to take care of then. Now I'm worried that it's only a matter of time before I have to be on bedrest again and I hate to put everything on DH. But he was awesome last night. He kept telling me that no matter what we'll get through it. Whether I need to work from home more, or he needs to change his work schedule, that we'd figure it out. I'm only 24.5 weeks, so we just have such a long way to go still.

19. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: Hugs. That must be really nerve-wracking. I hope you're not heading down this path again. I can tell you that I also feel end-of-pregnancy symptoms much sooner. It's amazing to me how the test standards vary so much from office to office -- happy to see that I still would have passed according to your number range

20. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: Can't believe you got your hospital registration information already!!! Even though you are having a c-section, I still think its good that baby went head down because isn't that what babies are supposed to do? Might as well have things progress as naturally as possible.

@ShootingStar: Oh shoot. I'm so sorry you are having to worry about this. At least you can know that if you have to go on bed rest, there isn't anything you can do about it. its not like if you do something today, you can avoid bed rest tomorrow. So just try not to worry too much about it. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and hope it doesn't turn out like that for you!

AFM - I went to a spin class this morning!! Woo hoo! Just pedaled slow. I could feel my stomach as I pedaled my legs. Such a funny thing now that would have previously caused me anxiety. Now as long as I don't have a random bleed resulting from this, I'll be great!

21. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: haha yea that's what i figured. the doc said "I'm just happy to see the placenta is very far from your incision scar" so i guess that's important too. I'm not completing my registration forms just yet, as I still don't know what my insurance will be when i deliver but work should be sorted out in the next few weeks, so i have plenty of time to deal with the paperwork.

@ShootingStar: you WILL get through it, whatever "it" may be! I hope your appointment gives you some good news, and that it was just an off night. I will be crossing my fingers for you!

22. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Yay for a good appointment. I can't believe you got your registration paperwork so soon either!

23. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: That's great re: the position of the placenta. All of that is stuff to feel great about. And so crazy about your work situation. Crazy that your insurance may change.

I just called my insurance about the cost of my delivery/hospital stay. Its $250 total once I'm admitted. If I go and don't get admitted, its $100 each time since they said I would be going in through the ER that way. Does all that sound right?

24. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: yea i feel like i registered super early last time too. They took a few weeks to process it, but it was nice to prepay and have everything all set.

@agold: haha oh my insurance will change either way! it might change twice my insurance will change at my current job on June 1 for my annual renewal, and then if I switch jobs, it's looking like I will start July 1. 3 insurance plans in one pregnancy! My biggest hangup is figuring out when the new place would start coverage - I believe their policy says I would be covered the 1st of the month after my first full month of working, which would be....September 1! no good. so i have to figure out the workaround so that I'm covered in August and not paying a fortune for cobra from July through the end of maternity leave.

those costs sound about right. my total hospital costs were $250 with my first. no clue this time for obvious reasons

25. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: Wow, three changes!! So the June 1st annual renewal could possibly just keep your insurance as is, right? Hopefully your work isn't changing its offerings. And yes, my first thought was that you would need cobra. Gosh that is so expensive. I really hope this all gets sorted out for you in least hassle and least expensive way.

26. T.H.O.U.

@agold: Yes, my HMO is very similar. $100 for a visit, $200 when admitted. You may have to check though and see if they also "admit" the baby and charge you both $200 (total of $400).

27. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: yea, we just went through open enrollment, so my plan will change slightly but not significantly. On the plus side, I am on the HSA plan, so despite having a high deductible, the actual cost for the plan is much lower (in case I need to cobra), and I can pay it out of my HSA account. On the negative side, I'm paying into a high deductible that might not even cover my delivery. Obviously, if I can get on the insurance at the new place, I would choose a low deductible plan, since I'll be stuck starting over with the deductible the month before delivery.

It all makes my head spin, but I'm hoping I'll get enough of a raise that it will more than cover my extra insurance costs!

The most important thing is that my hospital, my ultrasound center, and my doctor all take the insurance no matter which option I end up with

28. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@ShootingStar: Fwiw, I had pre-term labor with my first, and I am also getting tons and tons of BH contractions even when all I am doing is parking my butt in a chair for work. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Try not to stress (which definitely won't help your BP). @agold: made a great point - there's only so much you can do. Stay vigilant, but take it easy and one day at a time.

@agold: Woot for your spin class!

@Pirouette: Insurance sucks ass. Mine changed in the middle of my first pregnancy, and it also changed during this pregnancy too. Such a hassle to deal with two insurance companies at the same time. I hope everything gets ironed out for you soon!

@pregnantbee: I was just really surprised to see such a low number - I ate breakfast as usual (not that it's carb-heavy or anything)! I always thought I was unofficially hypoglycemic, so at least in my current state, it appears that I really am (albeit in a manageable way).

29. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

I just un-buttoned my work pants and lowered the zipper all the way down. Phew!! Ummm.. time for maternity work pants.

30. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pwnstar: thanks! yea, it is SUCH a hassle! I've spent way too much time weighing all the variables. I just can't wait till it's all settled one way or another.

31. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@pwnstar: Are they painful for you? I never really had painful contractions until I was in early labor. I read that braxton hicks aren't supposed to be and to let the doctor know. I only got 1 or 2 at a time, so I figured it could wait until my appointment. I didn't want to call and have them make me come to L&D for 1 bad contraction.

32. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: yes, it makes my head spin, too! But I always appreciate having insurance options to pick from. And so great that your doctor and hospital take the insurance no matter which one you end up with. I was wondering if you would have to end up switching hospitals. Can you imagine doing that at 8 or 9 months pregnant???

33. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: no! that would be a dealbreaker for me. I love my doctor! and especially with the frequent monitoring with the ultrasounds, it would just be a disaster. if that was an issue, I would just keep the status quo until after mat leave and then make the switch at that time.

34. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@ShootingStar: Several of them have literally taken my breath away. Most of them are just tight and uncomfortable. The painful ones (if I remember correctly) have come from doing too much (physically) and being slightly dehydrated. I have had 4-5 in an hour a few times ( they backed off after a ton of water and rest), but I am definitely keeping track of them.

Eta: I have also had an increase in pelvic pain too, but not so much that I really feel justified complaining about it! I think that adds to the painfulness as well, when those two occurrences overlap one another.

35. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: I can't believe you haven't been in them yet! They will change your life!

36. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: I'm down to one pair of jeans that I wear that are still oddly so very comfortable. And one pair of black gap sort of casual pants that are high waisted. I have started wearing those to work and only the true "work pants" when I have to. But work pants have got to go at this point. ETA: Yes, I am admitting that I am now only wearing two pairs of pants. I wash them when I can because I'm also just now starting to like, leak pee, or whatever. I truly feel disgusting at some points of the day.

Hey girls - when can I expect to have an ultrasound again? I had the 20-week anatomy scan. Is there another standard third trimester ultrasound???

37. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@pwnstar: Mine have all come when they seemed to have nothing to do with rest or hydration. They've all basically happened when I was sitting, or when I had been sitting and drinking for a while. Like, the two worst ones after I'd been out at dinner for over an hour sitting and drinking, and then started on the 10 second walk to the car.

I'll see what the doctor says tomorrow. I'm guessing all she'll say is more rest and more fluids.

38. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

I feel huge right now. Like baby girl is big and took up all the space. Weird sensation - almost claustrophobic in my own body. I think I've been getting BH here and there, too. But I'm just generally uncomfortable and can't believe there are still 3 mos left compared to how little room I feel is left. Didn't feel this way until much closer to the end last time.

39. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Still can't believe the pants! I think there may be one more u/s late in the 3rd trimester to check for baby positioning (aka breech) before delivery. I think I had a bonus scan last time bc they were following up on borderline low-lying placenta. This time, my placenta placement looked good, so I haven't been told about more scans.

40. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: Good to know there is one more ultrasound. I was wondering how else they would know if the baby is breech. As for my pants situation.. I think its only because I lost 10 pounds once I got pregnant. Now that I've gained the 10 pounds back as of this week, I'm just at my normal weight. (well, not normal, since its been high for a while for me.) And also, I'm a big butt/hips/thighs kind of girl. Stomach wasn't always my big issue. So I think the types of pants I always bought seem to just now be accommodating my growing stomach since there was room in the pants for that to begin with. And shirts, I realize I don't wear tight shirts, so all of those still fit too! One thing that doesn't fit anymore are my fun zip up sun dresses. I can't get them to zip up because of my boobs!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee