Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@T.H.O.U.: This. Exact. Thing. Everytime I get my own food they swarm me and act like they are starving, despite me having just given them their own food. Drives me bonkers! I'm hungry darn it!

2. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@dcw6411: That's so wonderful! I am so excited his birthday is almost here. I remember how scary early on was with this pregnancy - how far we've all come since then!

3. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

I know I am in full on nesting mode when I am genuinely excited about my morning project - reorganizing and decluttering my linen closet.

4. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

Just left my 36 week appt! BABY FLIPPED! We are head down again!

5. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Yay!

6. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Awesome!

Is it weird that while I kind of want to pack my hospital bag to get it done, I'm also hoping I totally jinx myself by not having done it and I go into labor early?

7. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@dcw6411: baby will soon be here! Yay!
    @coopsmama: thank you, and come do my linen closet next! @ShootingStar: thanks!

8. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@dcw6411: How exciting to know your baby will be born so soon! Why exactly are they inducing you? Is everything okay? I remember all of the bleeding we had early on. It seems so long ago!

@OldpuebloJenn: Good job, baby! That must be a great feeling of relief for you.

9. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Yay! Go baby!

@coopsmama: I'm with you, I wish I could just go home and work on the organizing chores I have. That is not a normal feeling for me, lol.

@dcw6411: Exciting, that's so soon!!

My work baby shower is today. I'm kind of excited about it -- I think it'll be fun, and we always have good food at events. I ate a light lunch so I can eat a lot later, haha.

In other news, reflux reared its ugly head last night with me waking up by throwing up on myself and the bed So gross and embarrassing. I think I need to eat dinner earlier so I'm not lying down too soon after.

10. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: Lucky! I'd love to have a work baby shower. That sounds so fun. And you should keep a container of tums on you at all times. That's what I have to do for the reflux.

11. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@dcw6411: Good luck with the induction! Its so nice to have a final end date in sight!

@OldpuebloJenn: So glad the baby flipped!

12. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@MrsSCB: I'm totally not an organizer either, so I have to seize these urges when they happen. One of the best "side effects" of the third trimester for me for sure. Next is the bathroom closets - all three of them!

@ShootingStar: I figure the same thing. After two babies and being ready by 37 weeks each time, I've been a lot more cavalier this time about just ignoring all of those things. DH was like, "have you packed your bag yet??" last night and I shrugged him off and said if baby comes early I will happily run around pulling everything together. But I should probably still do it.

13. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: I actually took some last night, but I think it was too late! Also a combo of eating too much and too heavy. We went out for burgers and fries and didn't even get to the place until 8. I really need to plan meals better...

@coopsmama: exactly, take advantage while it lasts! I now want to clean out my own closet once I'm done with all the baby clothes.

14. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: hurray!! What a wonderful relief for you!

15. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@MrsSCB: I can't remember the last time we ate dinner after 7pm! Even when we go out for date night, we are wrapped up with dinner early!

16. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

I feel like I should have this figured out by now, but I can't tell if I'm having contractions or just random pains . The whole top half of my stomach hurts. Sort of in waves. They don't feel like real, i'm totally in labor pains, but also doesn't feel like nothing either. Ugh.

17. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: That's awesome!

@MrsSCB: I'm so sorry! I had a similar issue just last week--I woke up gagging and almost threw up. That was after a dinner of popsicles . . . which is just so random!

@ShootingStar: That's kind of how I feel too . . . not packing a bag makes me more susceptible to going into labor! If only this kiddo wasn't transverse . . . which means I should probably pack.

18. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: So sorry that the tums didn't help. I take three at the slightest hint of burning in my throat or chest. I usually wake up from reflux at least once a night and have to chew three tums. This is annoying because I wear retainers at night!

Question regarding 3rd trimester ultrasounds: I just called to schedule mine and the place I want to have it at can't get me in before next week on the 28th. Well, husband wants to go so he can see the baby and he's going to be out of town for a bachelor party then so I made the appointment for August 1st. I will be nearly 37 weeks at that time. Does that seem too late to you girls?

19. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I blame DH -- he doesn't leave work until at least 7 (he also gets in on the later side -- 10 to 10:30). After the "incident" he said, "Hmm, maybe I should try to come home earlier so we can eat dinner earlier." I was like, "Yeah...that would be nice..."

@pwnstar: Popsicles seem so innocent! I had a burger, fries and a milkshake last night...I can't imagine where I went wrong..

@agold: I wear retainers, too, haha. Luckily I did not put them on last night, which is rare. I must have had an unconscious feeling something would go wrong.... Re: ultrasounds -- I don't actually get another one after the 20-week scan unless there's an issue or I go really late, so I feel like your scheduling should be fine!

20. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@coopsmama: Thank you! Yes, it has been a wild 9 months. I'm excited to finally meet my little trouble maker.

I've been nesting like crazy too. I don't think my house has been this organized since my son was born. My DH is loving it. That being said, my nesting seems to coincide with my insomnia. So, while productive in the middle of the night, I'm so dang tired!

21. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Thanks, I can't wait!

22. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@agold: Thank you. I'm so excited. They are inducing because I've been have contractions for several weeks now and my body is just exhausted. I have PUPPS so I'm itchy all over and my bile acid is ever so slightly elevated. I was induced with my other two so I'm not surprised about this one. It seems my babies want desperately to come out until 37 weeks and then they park it and refuse to evcuate. Lol.

I feel you on the tums, they are my BFF at night. I take at least two when I wake up at night. I eager to be down with those.

23. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@coopsmama: My DH had a similar conversation with me last night. He seemed genuinely concerned that although our house is clean I've been totally nonchalant about getting it ready for baby. I just looked at him and said, it's number 3, he will be fine. Lol. I did, however, throw my bag together this morning so I don't have to run around at 4am on Saturday, but I seriously considered just winging it.

24. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Not much to report from my 37 week appt. baby is in a good position, but not engaged yet. Reviewed my thoughts about labor/delivery. Decided to skip the check, may request it next time.
    In the meantime she just advised lots of leaning forward, hip circles on the yoga ball,, etc. to encourage babe to stay/move into ideal positioning.
    A couple more contractions today, but random, very mild, and never forming any pattern

25. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

OMG. I was just on the phone a bunch trying to order a breast pump. My insurance told me to go through company X. I called them and they only offered a pump called "Drive". Ummm... WTF is that. I threw the biggest inner tantrum and was about to cry. I called my insurance back, totally prepared for a battle. And then easy peasy, they switched me to a different supplier, Edgepark. Its too late now for me to call anyone at Edgepark. But I'm praying they at least offer a normal, commonly known breast pump. Has anyone ordered theirs through Edgepark????

26. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: OH! I just ordered my PISA from Edgepark, and it was so so so easy. I think I literally filled out their online form last week and received the pump on Monday. The only thing you need to do is scan a copy of a prescription for your breastpump and mail it to the email address they indicate. You can do that simultaneously with filling out the form. I can't believe how easy and fast it ultimately was!

ETA: Edgepark offered the PISA (starter kit) and the Ameda Purely Yours. I'd def pick the PISA. There were also a couple other options, but I really wanted a more common one b/c then it's easier to buy additional or replacement parts.

27. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: thanks for responding! Like you, I really just want something that is common. Phew. I hope that I'm given the same options as you. I'm going to call asap tomorrow.

28. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Look online. I'll send a link after DS is down.

ETA: Start here: https://pages.email.edgepark.com/bp/eligibility/form/?rc=EPBPWTE

29. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@dcw6411: that's wonderful!!! hope everything is easy peasy Saturday is so soon. and an end in sight to the pregnancy insomnia--I can't wait for that to be over with. keep us posted when you can

@MrsSCB: @agold: tums don't do *shit* for me, and heartburn/reflux has been making me so uncomfortable for the past few weeks. I'm at the point where I'm taking a pepcid ac every day at work. when it bothers me at night before bed, which is like every other night, I take another 1/2 pepcid ac along with a 1/2 of a unisom, and that combo has allowed me to sleep (mostly) through the night. I still wake up to pee but I don't wake up wired, awake, and burping acid from 2-5am. I want my little baby stay in there until August 25th but I am not going to miss this last leg of pregnancy.

@pwnstar: raspberry and strawberry popsicles are my favorite pregnancy treat! so much more refreshing than ice cream. they make my baby go nuts with movement, does yours react like that too?

@OldpuebloJenn: that's great!!! did they do a sonogram or just feel it out?

30. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

Ok ladies, I'm headed to the hospital. Water is slowly coming out in small gushes. We will see what happens.

31. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@dcw6411: Good luck!

32. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@dcw6411: Wow!! Guess you won't be making that induction after all. Keep us posted! I hope all goes well.

33. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: thank you! Please tell me what accessories you got to go with it.

@dcw6411: good luck!!!!

34. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

That moment when you're 37 weeks pregnant and you walk into the kitchen and your husband announces, "I have been thinking about the baby name again and now I'm not sure." This after he had to convince me it was the right name!

35. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@coopsmama:

36. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@AprilFool: I know! I had no idea what to say. He seriously asked me what my favorites are and at this point - I haven't thought names in 4 months! What the heck. We've been calling her by her name (again, DH chosen) for months so I feel totally thrown by this. My gut is she will be born and he will stick with the name but if not we could be in one of those situations where the baby is nameless for a bit because I've seriously got nothing at this point!

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@dcw6411: Good luck!

38. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Wha??? Not cool!

39. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@coopsmama: I wouldn't of known what to say either! Did he say why he was second guessing?

40. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Ditto @AprilFool: Did he say why?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee