Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: We had a really tough time coming up with a name for this LO (boy). It was so much easier for my daughter--even coming up with a second girl name was easier! (Eta: Although now that we have one, I love it!)

2. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: I'm so glad your appointment went well today!

@pwnstar: Gosh, I thought boy names would be so easy. I have a great tiny list that both me and my husband agree on. Girl names are actually really hard for us!

So I went for a fetal monitoring appointment (now happening 2 times a week for reasons that are not totally clear to me) and also had a quick ultrasound to check amniotic fluid. My fluid is at a 6, which I was told is low, so I have to have another check on Tuesday, when I originally wasn't going to have to do so until next Friday. Ugh. Anyone else dealing with, now or at some other time, low amniotic fluid?

3. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: My coworker dealt with low fluid. They told her to drink a lot more water, though that did not ultimately fix her issue. But it couldn't hurt to try!

4. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: OKay, I'm glad to hear that. I asked the nurse who did my scan. She said that there is nothing proven to help increase fluid, but she suggested 3 liters of water a day and essentially no physical activity. But she said okay to my short morning walks because I need those to help the swelling in my feet. So basically, I'm going to be laying around and drinking water. Not the worst, but gees.

5. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@agold: By the time my low fluid was discovered, it was too low to try to fix it. And because I was already 38 weeks, I was induced.

6. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: Yeah, she ended up having to deliver because of it, BUT it had been an issue from much earlier on. Like 27-28 weeks. She was able to stall for a bit, and then had the baby between 34 and 35.

7. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pwnstar: Yikes. Okay. I hope that all worked out well for you. But oh my gosh, I would not be ready for an induction .I bet start busting my ass at work!!

@MrsSCB: That's good she was able to stall for a bit. I'm hoping my number is higher when I go back on Tuesday. I have to go to two baby showers this weekend, but otherwise I"m planting my butt on the couch and drinking water all day and night!

8. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: I haven't dealt with it but my friend did and she poured on the water and rested a lot and didn't deliver until 39+1 when she went into labor naturally. Her fluid levels went up in between when the low levels were discovered and the changes she made. I think it just depends on the individual! I hope baby is able to bake a bit longer since I know that's what you're aiming for!

9. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: Thank you for sharing such a positive story! I am hoping for the same!

10. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ive got a lot on my to-do list so hopefully I can keep up the energy and get it done!

11. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@coopsmama: I really love Sylvia, it's so classic and gorgeous and not too common hope you can stick with it! and great news about the appointment. I keep saying this but we're getting so close!

@pwnstar: jealous that you're decided on the name--we're like @MrsSCB: not there at all yet. I keep thinking there must be something perfect out there that will come to me in a lightning bolt moment, but not happening so far.

@agold: low fluid was why @MrsChickpea: had her c-section, right? but sounds like you're in good hands and being watched pretty closely. I hope the water/rest does the trick
    @MrsSCB: @pwnstar: @coopsmama: is fluid level something that's usually monitored via ultrasound starting around now, or how would they know to check if not? I've had some pretty watery discharge in the past few days (sorry, TMI) and am starting to get a little paranoid. but I'm paranoid about anything I can get my hands on, so not sure whether it's valid.

12. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@agold: I'm on 2x week monitoring now too! I received the same advice so glad to know that's consistent. The only other thing going on with me is that in my first NST, the test picked up contractions that I am (still) blissfully unaware of. Hope it stays that way!!

13. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@LCTBQE: I have no idea! I have never been monitored for something for like that except when I went to 42 weeks and had an ultrasound at 41.5 weeks to see fluid levels. But definitely not before. I'm not sure what makes some OBs check. However, extra discharge is normal down the stretch - if you are concerned and it seems to be filling up liners though constantly it may be worth a quick check at your provider's!

Another night where I am wide awake at 3:30. Lots of contractions. Then lots of baby movement. Ahhhhhh! I was out with a friend til 10:30 (late for this pregnant mama ) so I figured I would sleep well. Nope!

14. T.H.O.U.

@coopsmama: hope you get some rest!

15. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@LCTBQE: It's one of the things they check at any ultrasound. My practice does a standard ultrasound at 36 weeks, and they check it then.

I'm not sure what happens if you don't get that ultrasound done and just carry on with low fluids. It certainly can't cause demise in all cases, becau it seems At least reasonably common.
    Although I did have a friend whose c section date got bumped to 37 weeks instead of 38.5 because of it so they obviously wanted to get it out. I dunno.

16. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@coopsmama: I think they check at every ultrasound you have done, so if you got a 36 week one they checked then.

17. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Silva: Nope. It was a low quality, drag into the room unit that the midwife literally held right above my pelvic bone for 20 seconds to check to see her head was down. her hand was up so I saw that too but there were definitely no fluid measurements taken. (Also in all 3 pregnancies that was the only time I've had an ultrasound that late - minus the one at 41.5 weeks. I only had one ultrasound at 20 weeks with my first but I go with very low intervention midwives. They have since added a hospital requirement to make sure baby is head down I guess - hospital policy!)

18. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Thanks. I finally hit the couch at 4:30 after being up for over for hours and was able to get another few hours in! It's just that time in the pregnancy.

19. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@LCTBQE: I've been wondering about the fluid thing myself, because my doc doesn't really do US after 20 weeks unless there's a cause for concern. Maybe they could tell if things sound funny on the doppler? No idea. They did do an US after my car thing at 34 weeks and I think it was 9cm. I read "normal" at this stage is 5-25 cm...seems like kind of a big range!

So my back started killing me last night. Pretty sure it's not any labor type progress as I've felt this when not pregnant. It's more like a sharp pain in my lower spine, like I've thrown my back out. I really think sitting in my hard, uncomfortable chair at work is taking a toll on me, but I don't really know what the alternative is because I still have so much to do

20. T.H.O.U.

To do list is getting started.

First load of baby gear washed.
    Tags on bins (so DH can find things)
    Birthday presents wrapped for big kids
    Toy purge/organization ongoing

Bring on the three week count down

21. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: oh no. Is it your sciatica?

22. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I don't know, it's not a constant feeling, more like if I move certain ways I get a sudden sharp jolt in my lower spine. We're moving offices at work yesterday and I was boxing some of my stuff up. Probably didn't help...it's my own fault because my coworkers offered help, but I'm bad at accepting it. I just want to do everything myself--too stubborn.

23. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@LCTBQE: thanks, lady! So I am not totally sure why I'm having fluid checks and fetal movement monitoring. This was ordered by my ob on June 30. I think she said because I did Ivf and even she said she doesn't think it's totally necessary. So I assume it's an insurance requirement. Also, like you, we aren't settled on a name. And we don't feel pressure to settle on one until we see her. We do have our lost narrowed down to 6, but anything else can come and go if we were to think of it, which we aren't.

@MrsKerch: I'm glad we received the same advice. Why are you specifically having the monitoring done? And that's crazy you are having contractions that you don't even feel!!!!

@MrsSCB: I'd love for my fluid to be at 9cm right now! I'm praying water and no exercise does the trick.

Question regarding crib bedding:

At what point do you put the sheets and stuff on the crib mattress? I want to do it now to make the room feel complete, but do you worry about dust getting on the sheets? If you put them on weeks early, do you wash them again once baby comes?

24. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@MrsSCB: I'm not sure how formal your office is but anyway you could take a yoga ball and use as your office chair? That's what my chiropractor recommends - I've been using it in my office at home and it solved the back pain issue for me!

25. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@coopsmama: @agold: @LCTBQE: https://www.scienceandsensibility.org/blog/what-is-the-evidence-for-induction-for-low-amniotic-fluid-in-a-healthy-pregnancy

Found this, interesting read if you are curious. Stay hydrated!

26. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Silva: Wow! Very insightful, thanks for sharing. We're projected to hit very high temps this next week so I will be sure to keep drinking.

27. T.H.O.U.

@thismustbetheplace: how are you? I think you're next?

28. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

Has anyone heard anything about Jojogirl? She hasn't been active in a really long time. She and I were supposed to get together when the weather got warmer, but she kinda dropped off the face of the planet. I walled her, but no response.

29. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: Sorry, no. Hope she's ok.

30. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@jojogirl: Thinking of you. Are you still around? How are you doing?

31. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@ShootingStar: No, nothing. But I had thought of her and wondered how she was.

32. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@LCTBQE: My midwifes could always tell if I had enough fluid by feeling my belly. It might be something the OB is checking without you even knowing

33. MrsBeluga

apricot / 442 posts

Hi ladies - Dropping in to announce that I lost my mucous plug an hour ago! Totally tmi but hooray! My first was 17 days late, so this is totally unexpected, but very exciting at the same time!! Will keep you updated.

Also how soon after you lost your mucous plug did you go into active labor? I have a dull back ache but no real contractions yet...

34. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@MrsBeluga: I lost my mucous plug at 40 weeks with my second and still made it to 42 weeks and an induction! You just never know with these things. I hope it means labor is right around the corner for you!

35. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsBeluga: So exciting! I hope this means you'll go into labor soon. For me, I think I lost it and then went into labor soon after, but that's not always the case. Good luck!

36. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsBeluga: very excited for you!!! Keep us updated, please!

37. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@MrsBeluga: I hope it means the start of things for you! I started shortly after losing mine, like within 12 hours.

38. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@MrsBeluga: Hopefully this means labour is soon!

39. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Second night in a row after I pee I cannot stand up because I have such intense pelvic pain. It literally took me nearly two minutes to get fully upright last night. The baby seems to be dropping low at night but floating back up later because I'm not getting as much pain or pressure during the day.
    Maybe it's my 40 minutes of hip circles on the yoga ball before bed.....😜
    Also the insomnia I was so happy to have avoided for so long has finally arrived. Time to start going to bed even earlier to make up for my guaranteed two hours of awake time at 2AM.
    Pity party for one over here, guys. I hate this part of pregnancy and do not handle it with any sort of grace or patience.

40. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@Silva: I am so there with you. Baby keeps floating up and down, and when she's down its pretty excruciating. I can barely get off the couch or out of my desk chair without pain.

And I'm not good at this stage of pregnancy either. I'm so tired of feeling like I can't do anything. I get winded walking across my house, or up a flight of stairs. It's sad that I'm counting down the days to major abdominal surgery in order to feel physically better again.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee