Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: oh i am SO jealous! I want to go on a hike! I hope everyone feels better. We only get a few days each year of this frigid cold, but we're going through it right now.

@MrsSCB: I don't think it takes long to forget how to handle winter! I have to say, I've been so cold this pregnancy that even a mostly temperate winter has been tough on me!

2. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Update 2/12/2016

July 30: dcw6411 (#3 ) - 15 w, 6 d
    July 30: pregnantbee (#2 ) - 15 w, 6 d
    August 2: coffeemom (#2) - 15 w, 3 d
    August 5: mrsgiraffe (#1) - 15 w, 0 d
    August 8: mrschickpea (#1 ) - 14 w, 4 d
    August 11: silva (#2 ) - 14 w, 1 d
    August 11: coopsmama (#3) - 14 w, 1 d
    August 13: glitter (#2) - 13 w, 6 d
    August 13: littlepinkhouses (#2) - 13 w, 6 d
    August 15: gracey19015 (#1) - 13 w, 4 d
    August 16: oldpueblojenn (#2 ) - 13 w, 3 d
    August 16: mrsscb (#1) - 13 w, 3 d
    August 16: T.H.O.U. (#3) - 13 w, 3 d
    August 18: pwnstar (#2 ) - 13 w, 1 d
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 ) - 13 w, 0 d
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 13 w, 1 d
    August 20: agold (#1) - 12 w, 6 d
    August 21: zbug (#2) - 12 w, 5 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 ) - 12 w, 4 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 12 w, 1 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1) - 11 w, 5 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2) - 11 w, 4 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2) - 11 w, 3 d

3. T.H.O.U.

Who is next to find out the sex? My next OB appointment is the 29th and I will be 16 weeks. I dont think its a full ultrasound but they use a hand held one in the room. Maybe he can tell?

4. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Pirouette: I've been colder than normal in general as well, and I haven't been sure if that's from pregnancy or my office is just really cold these days haha.

@T.H.O.U.: my official anatomy scan isn't until March 29 when I'm 20 weeks, but we booked an elective on March 5 to hopefully find out earlier. It was only $60, and at the very least we'll get some 3D images, which will be fun

5. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: If I don't have to repeat the panorama test, I should get the results maybe by the end of next week? Or early the following week.

Just noticed mrsgiraffe is on our list twice. not sure of her dd? the list is getting so colorful!!

6. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pwnstar: Thank you for posting that link. I printed it out and I'm going to start doing that at home since my spotting seems to have started to let up.

@coopsmama: I'm so glad to hear you are doing okay. And your quiet night with your husband sounds like a dream! Just FYI: My husband and I have been what we call "geriatric diners" since long before we even started TTC. Usually our dinner reservations are at like 5:30. Embarrassing. As for your ultrasound next week, that's great you have one coming up. Try not to be worried. When was your last ultrasound?

@Glitter: Its great you can try not to panic too much about the zika virus. I don't know how well I would handle it. This isn't to the same degree of situation, but my niece just came down with a case of Fifth's Disease. Its not good for pregnant girls to be around it. My mom has been watching her while she's out of school. So now my mom refuses to be around me for the next two weeks. Bummer because she and my sister are my favorite people to hang out with on the weekends. But I seriously don't want to be around anything that potentially increases my risk of miscarriage.

7. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I'm actually picking up my genetic testing results today and that will have gender listed on it!! But I don't know when I will actually peak at the paper to look at the gender. My husband and I are thinking about doing a tiny gender reveal celebration with my immediate family only. But the timing of this might be 2 more weeks since my niece now has Fifth's Disease and none of my family wants to come around me. Ha! At least I'm not dying to find out anytime soon. Although I'm sure once I get that paper in my hand its going to get harder to wait.

8. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

So speaking of genetic testing, I finally got a hold of someone in my doctor's office to talk to me about the genetic testing prices. She told me I shouldn't have been charged more than $95 if testing was just for the baby, or an additional $25 if I did testing for myself. She's contacting her "rep" to sort out my billing. Phew, I hope this works because I'm about a day a way from disputing the charge on my credit card.

One positive - I was told on the phone amidst this otherwise stressful pricing discussion that the genetic testing results came in and my baby looks perfect! Hooray!

Girls - major stressor for me right now - so I thought I had insurance understood and could switch medical groups to go back to having my normal OB covered after having finished up with my RE. NOPE. I'm stuck in the RE's medical group and have to now find a new OB. I cried for hours at my desk yesterday. I'll still be at the hospital I love, but have to now find a new OB. At like almost 13 weeks. I know who I will call. I don't like the group of OB women nearly as much as I liked my current OB. But whatevs I guess.

9. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: SO exciting that you will have your results soon! Sorry about all the stress re: changing practices, etc. That must be so frustrating.

You ladies are all so inspirational about working out. I wish I had the motivation!

Here's today's bump pic at 15w6d. Happy Valentine's weekend!

10. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: Oh my gosh! Look at your bump!! That's amazing and you look adorable!

11. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Haha, thanks! I'm still kinda calling it a "blump" b/c I can hold it in and make it almost disappear. Can't do that when it's all baby!

12. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: So its not "hard" yet? I sometimes find myself with my tummy sticking out a bit but I'm definitely not giving in yet! I'm sucking this bad boy in for a while longer!

13. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: I love it, so cute!!

14. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@pregnantbee: You are just so cute! Seriously. Just so stinkin' cute! I really had to kick myself out of bed this morning to squeeze in some cardio. I really really did not want to get out of bed. But I knew if I went back to sleep I would probably wake up more tired, so I just said *to hell with it* and did it anyway. I keep telling myself that every time I say yes and follow through, that it will get easier and easier to keep saying yes. That's my theory anyway . . .

@agold: So frustrating! I'm sorry you are dealing with this. And I can't wait to find out what you're having!!! Eeeee!

@Silva: I am not a big fry person (I know I know, and my friends think it's weird too!) . . . but the last two times I had a cheeseburger, all I really wanted was fries with ALLTHESALT layered with ALLTHEKETCHUP. So, Salt covered in Salt. Even the sweets I'm craving are *salted caramel* or dark chocolate with salted anything. I can't drink enough water to keep up!

15. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: @pwnstar: Thank you! You're both so sweet. I wish any of you lived closer and could help push me to go and do any exercise.

16. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@pregnantbee: so cute!!!

17. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Silva: Thank you!

18. T.H.O.U.

@agold: Exciting you'll find out soon!

@pregnantbee: very cute!

19. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Thanks!

20. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: eek! you are going to have the results in your hands and make all of us wait?!?! haha. I am SO thrilled you got great results, and that they are helping you sort out the bill. I can't believe your insurance won't let you use your OB! that seems really unfair I hope that you'll find the new office better than you anticipate.

@pregnantbee: ahhh you are SO CUTE! I love your bump!

@pwnstar: haha I don't normally like fries (or regular potatoes for that matter) but i'm like bring me the fried potatoes NOW!!! the funny thing is normally, I don't really like salt at all. I have trouble eating out sometimes because food is so salty. i'm NOT a salt person. But apparently i'm a pregnant salt person!

21. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Awww, thanks. For what it's worth, I could go either way on french fries. But now I want ALL THE FRIES. I wonder if it's the salt??

22. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: I wonder why we are all craving salt? It seems to me we should be craving water instead to stay hydrated!

23. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: The new office I'm going to switch to doesn't have great yelp reviews. But I'm in a business where I work with clients and some clients are always unhappy so I try not to hold it against the doctors because I can imagine how needy and complainy pregnant girls get. I just need someone to safely deliver my baby.

24. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

Has anyone chosen to skip the NT scan?

I'm switching doctors and the NT scan is time sensitive and I can't get into my new doctor soon enough to have the NT scan done. I've already had genetic testing that tests for things like chromosomal defects. So if I skip the NT, is that so bad? My only option is to pay out of pocket for it and that would probably just be more than I want to pay.

25. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: if you've done genetic testing that tells the gender and everything, I believe that's actually more sensitive than the NT testing, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's generally more of a one or the other thing (NT or Panorama/Harmony/etc.) if it wasn't so expensive at my OB we would have done the NIPT instead of NT!

26. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Oh, I crave water, too. The colder, the better. It can't get cold enough!

27. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@agold: We aren't given the option of doing an NT scan AND panorama, so we're skipping it too.

28. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@agold: If I hadn't done a CVS, my options would have been a blood test or the NT scan. The blood test (like panorama or harmony) is more reliable than the u/s for detecting genetic abnormalities; the NT scan mostly looks for soft markers (which would be confirmed with additional diagnostic testing, like an amnio).

@Pirouette: I have the same issue with food . . . it's usually too salty. But recently? Fries have been my vehicle of choice for extra salt! And when I eat salt I feel like "Violet you're turning Violet, Violet!" and that I am in desperate need of being sent to the juicing room. Where's an Oompa Lumpa when you need one?!

29. T.H.O.U.

@Pirouette: A lot of times your body actually craves salt when it is dehydrated. Its a bad cycle!

30. T.H.O.U.

@agold: Yup, like others said if you have genetic, your are fine. But its still ok to skip the NT, everything will be checked at the second trimester quad screening.

31. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: @JoJoGirl: @T.H.O.U.: Thanks, girls! You just saved me a ton of personal agony over what to do. Thank you, thank you!

32. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

We told my family! We wrapped up three different baby items for my mom, dad and sister to open and told them we brought them presents from Houston. They got it right away and were very excited. My mom cried and then immediately texted her friends lol. Now to tell the in laws over Skype tomorrow afternoon!

33. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Yay! So exciting. Glad they had a great reaction. Enjoy being "out." It's so much better!

34. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: wow that's crazy backwards! Maybe next time i want salt I'll chug some water first.

@MrsSCB: awwwwww yay! So sweet

35. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: My mom was dying to tell all her friends too! Funny, moms. I'm so happy they were so excited for you!

36. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

Hey guys! I'm back from vacation. I've been reading along but haven't had much time to post. I was a little disappointed that the weather in FL was cooler than I was hoping for, but coming back here to MA it is COLD. DH and I are even thinking of moving to Tampa, we're so sick of it here.

While we were away we had a mini babymoon at this amazing hotel on the beach we love. They upgraded our room and we had this big suite with a giant balcony. We had a super fancy dinner, and an amazing couples massage. It was so nice to get a nice away just us, especially since who knows when that'll happen again after August.

@Silva: I think I felt movement too! I had this jerk/twitch in my lower left stomach a couple days ago. I keep hoping it'll happen again!

@agold: I don't know how you can be so patient! I'd be DYING. Do you have any guesses/hopes?

As for the NT scan, I think it's a little extraneous since I got the Panorama test but no one suggested not doing it. With my last pregnancy I was lucky that I did the MT21 first because the dr noticed a slightly large neck measurement but she disregarded it due to the 1:40,000 chances of downs from MT21. I know there's very little likelihood of any genetic issues, but it will still be good to have the heart and kidneys checked out.

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: I'm so glad you had a nice vacation. Sorry it's cold again back in MA, so at least the weather was warmer in FL! You should move to CA Jealous of the you and DH time and massages, etc. It's been so long since we've had a legitimate date. The chances we last had were Thanksgiving and early Dec. when pregnancy was new and just setting in. I was way too tired and not wanting to eat, so going out seemed silly!

38. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@pregnantbee: there she is!!! that's so cute

@Pirouette: @MrsSCB: I'm FREEZING TO DEATH, the wind is breaking me. I have a fur trapper's hat layered under a fur-lined puffy coat hood and can't hear anything or see except directly in front of me. I hope you're properly outfitted MrsSCB! And so sweet about telling your family

39. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@pregnantbee: Well my parents live in FL (well, part of the year), so they were great and watched DS. That's part of the reason why we want to move there, to have some more family support around. We have DH's family here, but no one that could actually watch DS or help at all. I love CA but the cost of living is even worse than here!

40. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@ShootingStar: yay for a great vacation! Welcome back. Sorry it wasn't very warm, I am headed to Florida in a week and everyone just keeps telling me how cold it is. But the baby moon sounds amazing!

@LCTBQE: it should get better after this weekend!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee