August 21: zbug (#2) - 12 w, 3 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 ) - 12 w, 2 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 11 w, 6 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1) - 11 w, 3 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2) - 11 w, 2 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2) - 11 w, 1 d

2. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LCTBQE: AWWWWW!!! Yay! Raising a boy is so much fun.

3. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: So, what's your secret about updating the due dates/how far along we are?

4. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@pregnantbee: Its just a formula that updates itself!

5. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Do you have to enter dates one at a time?

6. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: amazing news! i knew that doc had no idea what he was talking about with those measurements

@LCTBQE: ahhhhh congrats! so excited for you!

7. T.H.O.U.

@pregnantbee: I used your list from a long time ago with the due dates and it calculates it from there.

8. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I have some great sports bras that I got pp last time. Hopefully I can keep using them.

9. T.H.O.U.

@Pirouette: Yes, thank you I really think he was just trying to make sure I went and did the blood work ASAP. But I feel 100% better.

10. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: nice scare tactic! Isn't there a rule against unnecessarily scaring a pregnant woman?

11. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@LCTBQE: YAY!!!!! SO RELIEVED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@LCTBQE: I can't believe I missed this yesterday. Congratulations!!! What a wonderful update! And welcome to Team Blue!

13. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@pwnstar: You didn't miss it! She posted it a half hour ago

14. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@JoJoGirl: /facepalm Thanks! It's totally been one of those weeks, and it's only Wednesday.

15. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@pwnstar: Hahahaha. I am usually totally behind on this thread so was like wait I'm SURE i just saw it posted

16. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@LCTBQE: congratulations!!!!

17. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsKerch: What kind of working out are you doing? I'd love to be able to work out again soon. I'm hoping the ob/gyn will let me. Even just a couple miles walk would be better than nothing. And yes, I'm still exhausted. I got ready for work today and really thought I could have slept another 8 hours.

@T.H.O.U.: Wonderful news about the first trimester screenings! And seriously - thanks for keeping up with that list. That's awesome!

@mrschickpea: Night shifts are so tough. My husband works them and I can hardly imagine how hard it is while being pregnant.

@LCTBQE: Congratulations on the great test results and finding out that your baby is a boy!! So sweet that you want him to look like your husband. Do you have any names in mind already?

So I had my last RE appointment today! Baby looked huge and finally measured on track - having grown 11 days in size since one week ago! The baby's spine looked amazing. And no more shots for me! Woo hoo! My husband and I are celebrating this milestone tonight.

18. T.H.O.U.

@agold: Yea Graduation day! So happy this day has come for you! When I was at the MFM it was so cute to see all the baby pictures lining the wall. Have fun celebrating (although you can't drink but I think its a worth while trade off

Yes, I had the house to myself Sunday morning for a few hours so I was racing around trying to get chores done and I was out of breath practically and beat!

19. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: As much and as often as I drank before, I'm really don't missing alcohol at all. Phew. I'm not an alcoholic! And I get out of breath often, also. Washing my hair does it to me every time. And getting dressed for work!

20. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: hooray! Have such a fun celebration!!!!

21. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

Holy cow, this thread moves so fast I can't ever seem to catch up!

22. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: Thanks, I will!!

@coopsmama: hi! How are you doing??

23. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@LCTBQE: congrats on your great results and your BOY !!

24. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@coopsmama: I agree! I'll find something I want to reply to be realize it was 2 days ago!

@LCTBQE- congrats and yippee!

I'm still exercising - barre3 3-4x a week and hiking. As long as I get moving in the morning I can get it done, because I'm exhausted most afternoons!

25. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Happy dance for you over here. I'm so thrilled that you are done with shots and have "graduated." That's a huge deal -- totally worth celebrating. Enjoy!

26. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: So I imagine that barre works muscles the same sort of way that pilates does. Do you feel like you are squeezing the baby or anything like that when you do barre?

@pregnantbee: Thank you so much. I'm itching to leave work early so I can celebrate with a little early dinner and then get to bed! Such a nice exhausted preggo way to celebrate! I feel so silly being all exhausted preggo when I don't even for a second look pregnant.

27. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@agold: a lot of similar moves to Pilates. All my instructors know that I'm pregnant so before class they'll offer modifications if needed. I skip all mid core work, any of the work that's like a crunch. I'm still doing all the transverse ab work (it feels like it's getting harder!), that's what helped me most post partum strengthening my pelvic floor, etc. I can't get as low or as deep into some of the legwork already, due to some lower back pain that's already creeped back, but other than those few modifications, I feel like I'm going pretty hard and getting a healthy workout. One of the instructors taught till the week before she delivered, and she's back taking classes, so she's been a great resource. They have a pregnancy workout online, but I haven't checked it out yet.

28. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

I had some weird pains today. I suspect they were the ambiguous "round ligament pain," although I'm not sure. I don't remember having much of that during my first pregnancy, and it seems super early for it now. But it was a pinching pain, enough to make me grimace, located right in between my public bones, maybe just above where the public hair ends. It happened a bit this morning, but by the afternoon it was coming and going pretty frequently, so i laid down and drank a bunch of water and gator aid, and it went away.
    It was kind of unnerving, although at the same time I was sure it wasn't anything dangerous. Just uncomfortable!
    I think maybe it's just easy to over-do it on the lifting when you are hanging out with a 30 lb toddler all day.

29. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: I so miss working out in the mornings! I now choose to snuggle with my daughter for a little while after she wakes up instead, it's hard to give that time up!

@agold: as someone who danced ballet a lot with my 1st pregnancy, baby is well protected in there! You just have to alter a few things as your belly grows and basically, listen to your body. With pilates, you would also want to keep in mind that relaxin relaxes your joints, so you have to be careful not to overstretch.

@Silva: I have heard round ligament pain can start much earlier with your 2nd. I have definitely had more random pains so far this time than with my 1st. Def rest and drink lots of water!

30. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@Silva: im sure that was unnerving! Glad rest and fluids helped.

31. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@Pirouette: I'd choose snuggles too! Since I'm a SAHM I usually can get both a workout and snuggles in, but if I had to choose- snuggles, hands down!

32. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

My H is currently on the phone with his sister to tell her the news. He started the conversation by asking what's new with her, so now they've been talking for like 10 minutes about how she's getting braces and glasses. I'm like, just spill the beans already!! lol

33. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: AAAAHHH so exciting!

34. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: Now they're talking about work! hahaha When he finally tells her she's going to be like, "Why didn't you start with that?!" Men....way to bury the lead

35. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @MrsSCB: @pregnantbee: @Pirouette: @JoJoGirl: @pwnstar: @Silva: @agold: @mrschickpea: @OldpuebloJenn: thank you all so much I was just at work today and on my phone so couldn't write back, but I'm thrilled and SO relieved. I feel like myself and not like a nervous wreck, basically, for the first time since the 4th of July. and I never pictured myself with a boy but I'm already so excited for it I was measuring 7 days ahead, but my husband and I are both pretty tall, so not surprised if it's a little big, and they're not changing my due date unless it's consistently measuring 8 or more days ahead. HB was 153, we saw the hands and feet and all those good things. We told everyone on both sides of the family. I'm so into this, guys.

@T.H.O.U.: great news about your test results! so glad it was all okay even if they freaked you out for a couple days. Are you finding out the gender at your anatomy scan?

@OldpuebloJenn: I love barre3 too but have been so off the wagon with 1st tri terror/nausea/exhaustion. You totally inspired me to get back into it. Looks like they have a bunch of prenatal options, but I think I'll just do what you're doing and adapt the regular ones for a while. Are you showing yet?

@Pirouette: @Silva: why does water help with RLP? glad to hear about what it felt like for you Silva, but yeouch. hope it's less intense if it happens again

@agold: great that your baby's growth jumped ahead and I am SO SO happy for your graduation. that must be a wonderful feeling. I have a couple of friends IRL who are in the middle of it with the REs and I can't wait to see them get to where you are today. Amazing. Doesn't it feel unreal and like such a privilege that we get to treat ourselves like any ignorance-is-bliss easy pregnancy chick out there? we celebrated tonight, too!

36. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsSCB: haha, totally. that's so exciting!!

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LCTBQE: This post made me tear up. I'm glad you're "so into this." Being a boy mom is so, so much fun. I even find myself getting excited about construction vehicles even when my son isn't with me! Glad you got to celebrate

38. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsSCB: haha i totally do that too!! I always feel like as soon as i tell people, it shifts the conversation to 20 questions about pregnancy so i like to talk about other stuff first. So did she freak out?

@LCTBQE: so so happy for you! You deserve to experience the normal pregnancy, and theres no greater feeling than getting to that moment. Finding out the sex was the moment it all came together for me for my first - it just made me better able to connect with the growing baby inside me. And im not sure if water directly helps with rlp, but i have heard that some pains are actually caused by dehydration or exacerbated by it, so drinking extra water cant hurt!

39. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

morning all! Telling work went GREAT yesterday. My manager and the VP of the department were both like OMG WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! And I sheepishly said "I was nervous to tell you since I just started working here..." and the VP screamed "WHO CARES?!?!?!?" hahaha. I've worked here as a vendor for 4 years but started as an employee in November, so I have an established relationship with them already, which I guess helped Feel so relieved!

40. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Pirouette: she was very excited and surprised! She said she asked if we were going to have kids soon last time we saw her (in November) and we said we didn't know. I was thinking, "well yeah, I wasn't trying to broadcast our plans to everyone..." ha. I was slightly annoyed, though, because I think my husband didn't want her to feel bad that he didn't confide in her more, so the way he explained things made it sound like this was practically unplanned, which is not the case. That was a bit irritating to me. But it's his sister, so you know...whatever at least she was excited!

@JoJoGirl: I'm so glad telling with went well for you, I'm sure that feels great! Sounds like you work for some nice people.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee