August 21: zbug (#2) - 12 w, 2 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 ) - 12 w, 1 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1) - 11 w, 5 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1) - 11 w, 2 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2) - 11 w, 1 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2) - 11 w, 0 d

2. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I'm actually do August 20, sorry!!! Awesome work putting this together

3. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@JoJoGirl: good luck, I hope it goes well! Someone on my team got pregnant shortly after she started last year (she later said she got the BFP the same day she accepted). We were just excited for her!

@LCTBQE: I've felt the same about prenatal yoga -- I want to go but I feel weird without a bump. At this rate it'll be awhile before I have one, so I may just do it

4. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@JoJoGirl: I am also telling work today. My boss has been out of the office for over a week, and if I don't tell today, it will be another week before I get an opportunity. And I really just want to tell so that I don't have to feel like I'm carrying around this GIANT SEEKRET . . . it will feel good to get this off my plate (and off my mind!).

5. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@JoJoGirl: @pwnstar: good luck to both of you! It will feel so good to have it out in the open. I was SO SO nervous about telling work last time. This time I think it will correspond with my giving notice so i'm just nervous all around! But i'm also nervous about interviewing while pregnant and starting a new job when i'm 4 months away from having a baby!

6. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pwnstar: Good luck to you, too! And I know what you mean about the secret thing. I just went to get coffee with my coworker, and I wanted to tell her SO bad, just because (she had a baby recently so I think it would be fun to have someone to talk to about baby stuff at work). She even mentioned that her sister is pregnant and due three days before me, so I was dying to spill then. But I don't want anyone else at work to know yet. I'm pretty confident she wouldn't tell anyone, but it makes me a littttle nervous...

7. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Pirouette: Oh man!!! You're going to be interviewing while pregnant?! That's a tough gig! Why are you leaving your job now, can I ask?

8. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Baby photo from yesterday

9. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Pirouette: @MrsSCB: Thanks. But it looks like the secret is mine to keep for another week. My boss came in late last night, and is not coming in today. FFS.

10. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Hello cutie!

11. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pwnstar: Argh, that is so frustrating when you were all ready to tell! Hopefully he/she is there tomorrow.

@T.H.O.U.: So sweet, hi baby!

12. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: Thanks, but no such luck. He won't be back until next week. I will be almost 14 weeks by then. Absolutely nothing has gone to plan today!

13. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Great pic!!!!

@pwnstar: ugh, i'm sorry. it's so frustrating when you're amped up to share and then can't. but at least you won't see him between now and then so you dont have to worry about the bump giving you away!

@JoJoGirl: my boss is leaving, and has asked me to go with him. I'm super psyched about it, and it's an amazing opportunity, but it's a little tough because my work load will be MUCH higher at the new place and my hours will be significantly higher. So it's an awkward time to be switching jobs. I'm hoping to at least get through the initial interview without showing too much, and then tell them before accepting an offer, but my boss is dragging his feet about giving notice, and I can't interview until he's given notice at my job. So I'm basically at a standstill right now. On the plus side, I'll be interviewing for a job that I'm very likely to get, but it's still never fun to be interviewing while pregnant and feel like i need to apologize for the timing or something. I would never choose to change jobs while pregnant, but this is a no brainer opportunity for me (and I found out about it when i was in the TWW).

14. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Pirouette: Oh man, that is tough! And yes, agreed about weird timing, but what you can you do? I sort of got recruited for this position, and was pregnant. Then lost it. So I interviewed about a month after they invited me to submit my resume and went from pregnant to not pregnant at that time. Now I'm pregnant again but part of me wants to say, well, at least I didn't start when 12 weeks pregnant like I almost did??? I know I don't have to apologize but it's so hard not to!

15. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@JoJoGirl: eek! Good luck!

16. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Pirouette: sounds like we're in sort of similar situations -- I'm not moving to a different company, but with my boss leaving to be a SAHM, they've now decided to take the opportunity to restructure the whole department. I want to see where I fall in that process before revealing... Does your boss know you're pregnant yet?

17. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: Good luck to you, too!

@T.H.O.U.: Thanks for updating the list. Could you please edit to be sure that the boy symbol shows for pwnstar? And beautiful baby photo!

18. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Pirouette: My biggest fear is someone else saying something to him before I have the chance. . . you no there is nothing office folk like better than to gossip and speculate. *lesigh* Ah well, nothing to be done but wait it out! *fx*

@pregnantbee: Aww - thanks!

19. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@pregnantbee: Thanks!!

20. T.H.O.U.

@pregnantbee: Thanks, yes, I will update it when i can

21. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@JoJoGirl: exactly. the initial instinct is to apologize, but it's like apologizing for being a woman! part of me laments the timing (how am I going to prove myself at the new job when I'm leaving after a few months?) and part of me is thinking it might be better that they'll know before i start. I don't know. i do worry a bit about their first impression of me being while i'm pregnant and out for appointments a lot, etc. but at the same time, the one good thing i have going for me is that my boss can vouch for me and he will know there's no question I'll come back after maternity leave.

@MrsSCB: I completely understand your wanting to wait under those circumstances! I delayed telling work with my first because someone revealed she wasn't returning from maternity leave the day I was planning on telling, and it caused a huge uproar at my company! I wanted to see how it all played out before I shared the news. I haven't told my boss yet because he has been on vacation since the day before my first appt. He'll be back right after my NT scan so I'll tell him then.

@pwnstar: yes, not to scare you or anything, but this happened to me with my first! I didn't share the news until 17 weeks (see above explanation!) and a secretary had overheard me on the phone with my doctor at some point and told the big boss, so he knew before i told him. I was RAGEY over it at the time!!! but you have a perfectly acceptable reason to wait, and with him out of the office, it's unlikely he'll hear from anyone!

22. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Pirouette: so nice that he wants to take you with him -- you must be a great employee and omg, I would be LIVID if a coworker told before me! I've known my boss is pregnant since she was about six weeks but I didn't tell anyone. Even when someone straight up asked me, I said, "Oh, I don't know..." and then just told my boss they asked so she could tell that person if she wanted to. That is so rude to spill the beans about something you hear while eavesdropping!

23. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@JoJoGirl: Good luck with telling your work!!! I got so nervous to tell my boss before I had to go out on bed rest and I just kept thinking in the back of my mind: "he legally cannot treat me adversely because I'm pregnant!"

@T.H.O.U.: Thank you for adding such detail to this list! You are great! And that ultrasound picture is amazing. I can't wait until I get a little profile shot of my baby like the one you have. Your baby is adorable!!

@MrsSCB: I'm thinking that I'm going to start looking for a prenatal yoga place soon. I don't have a bump yet, but I just feel a little bit fat at this point. I've been on a "no exercise" restriction since the get-go, and of course I'm still spotting basically every single day. But I "graduate" from my RE tomorrow and I'm thinking that the regular ob/gyn will be a lot less uptight. And prenatal yoga seems like such an easy thing to get into, as opposed to going back to megaformer pilates right away.

@Pirouette: Thanks for giving a job situation update. I'm always thinking about you! Sucks you are at a standstill over which you have no control.

24. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsSCB: haha he's the rainmaker and I do all the work we work really well together. and yea, the epitome of rude! I was so upset about it. I seriously don't understand why pregnancy etiquette is so hard for people to understand!

@agold: aww thanks! Don't worry, I'll keep you all updated, because when that interview is finally scheduled, I'll need "Does this suit make me look pregnant or fat" advice!! I'm so excited for your graduation tomorrow!!!! I'm sorry you are still spotting I hope it is at least getting lighter.

25. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

oh and I just went in for my panorama blood draw...let the countdown begin! i'm a little nervous they won't be able to process my results because i'm measuring behind my due date, so i am probably closer to 10 weeks than 11. but we'll see!

26. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@T.H.O.U.: yes, thank you so much for the detailed roster! It's so nice to see all of us slowly inching out of the first tri
    @Pirouette: I really admire you for navigating the job switch; you sound like such a great employee that it'll be clear to everyone pregnancy or not

@agold: that's wonderful about the RE graduation!

27. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Good luck! Can't wait to hear

28. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@Pirouette: they gave me a panorama brochure thing when I had mine done and I think I remember it saying the test is ideally done between 9-11weeks--I was surprised they could do it so early! So hoping you'll be fine. Incidentally I called my imaging place at lunch to see if my results are in. They are, but they won't give them to me over the phone. I am crazy and so anxious

29. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: thanks!

@LCTBQE: thank you! i hope so. Sometimes the timing just isn't perfect, and I know the next year is going to be tough with time management, etc., but in the end, these are all good things that are happening, and I'm very excited!

and that's interesting about the timing of the test - i was 9ish weeks when I saw my doctor and she said it was too early, which is why I had to go back today. Are you going in for your results? when will you get them?

30. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LCTBQE: ACK. So then how do they give you the results?

31. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@LCTBQE: @Pirouette: Thank you both so much. RE graduation is actually something really exciting to me and it feels like a surreal experience. Also, two shots tonight and one more in the morning before the appointment and no more intramuscular shots thereafter! Phew.

32. T.H.O.U.

@LCTBQE: How do you get the results then? When do you go back in?

33. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@LCTBQE: Oh f*&$. When do you get results??? What did they say?

34. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: I'm so happy for you about your RE graduation!

35. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: ahhh soo excited for you! no more shots, no more RE...it's starting to get REAL! when do you first see the OB?

36. T.H.O.U.

@agold: Yea! Happy Graduation and Goodbye shots!

37. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: Thank you!
    @Pirouette: Thank you! I actually first went to my OB's office on Monday, February 1st. It was just a sort of intake-type appointment. I go back to OB on Feb 18 and Mar 2. I like those dates because I've been really used to weekly ultrasounds so at least I won't have to wait very long for my next couple of chances to see the baby. Does everyone like this constant reassurance? Or is it just because I have post-traumatic IVF syndrome and constant daily spotting?

38. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

I'll get the results tomorrow when I go in for my NT scan, so it's really soon; I'm just that annoying patient trying to jump the gun. It sounds like they have a policy of not giving results over the phone, so I'm trying not to worry that actually their policy is not giving *bad* results over the phone. She was like, we'll see you tomorrow, and I was like, unless you don't because I have a heart attack first.

39. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Thank you so much, lady. I was at a little dinner party on Friday night out of state with me and my husband's good friends and then several of their friends that we don't know. We had told our friends we are pregnant once I arrived at their house before dinner. But then at dinner I found myself telling some of the other girls there during conversation that I was pregnant! It just popped out of my mouth and was so fun to talk about with them. No need to mention IVF or the spotting or all the drama I went through to get this baby in my belly. I felt like a "normal" pregnant girl! So lame, but it was a nice milestone.

40. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@LCTBQE: I think my OB office gives results of the early genetics test during an appointment, and not through email or over the phone. I'm not concerned about this.

Speaking of genetics test, my OB's office told me definitively that the cost of the genetics test was $130 for self-pay patients. (My insurance doesn't cover it.) Well... I got my receipt yesterday from the genetics company. Ummm..... no where near $130. Cue massive pleading phone calls. I really hope I get this resolved in my favor and now I'm feeling like a major dummy for not double checking with like everyone under the moon.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee