Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Silva: How are you feeling today?

2. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@MrsSCB: Yea! Glad it went well.

I just got back as well from my appointment, baby was measuring a solid 5 days ahead (I should have been 12w6d, measured 13w5d so they wanted to make sure I got blood work done today).

The Dr. did think the fold measurements were in the normal but high side. From what I've read that doesn't match up. The multiple measurements were 2.33 2.25 and 2.4.

HB was good at 158. I'm guessing a girl!

3. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsSCB: that's ridiculous! i was surprised you were even scheduled that early, they couldn't have already been behind schedule! someone must have been late for work. I remember from last time my ultrasound center is a huge pain - they make you wait forever (an hour each time), but one time (out of the 15 times I was there), i was 10 minutes late - and called to tell them I was running late because we were stuck in terrible traffic - and when i got there they told me they were going to cancel my appointment because I was late. I was like you make me wait an hour each time, what does it even matter? anyway, rant over, i hope you love your new doctor! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

4. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: doesn't match up as in it's normal? or not normal? this is your third, right? what are the sexes of your LOs?

5. T.H.O.U.

@Pirouette: From what I read, "normal" is 2.5-3.5mm. So if I was under 2.5, why was the Dr. saying I was at the high range?

I did end up getting the blood work done today because they really stressed that since I was further along, I needed to get it done today or tomorrow to still be in the window for the algorithm they use.

6. T.H.O.U.

@Pirouette: Sorry my oldest is a girl, my youngest/middle is a boy.

7. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pwnstar: @coopsmama: Thank you!

@T.H.O.U.: Hmm, my doc just said anything under three is "in the normal range," and yours sound well under three. She didn't really go down to that amount of detail, though. Glad you were able to get the blood work done today, too!

8. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: ok, good, that's what i thought you were saying, but wasn't sure. Yea, that doesn't really make sense then. It sounds like your results were perfect. And hopefully that's exactly what your doctor will confirm for you (I assume the NT scan doc was not your usual doc). and that's awesome you already have one of each!

9. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Glad baby is ok and that you were able to fit bloodwork in today. Are you concerned that the baby is measuring 5 days ahead?

10. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

Is anyone else still dealing with morning sickness or am I the only lucky one? My all day sickness is still here in full force...and I'm over it. I just lost my breakfast for about the zillionth time (it feels like) this pregnancy and... I'm so tired of feeling perpetually ill.

11. T.H.O.U.

@pregnantbee: Not really, my older two were always measuring ahead (or my dates were always just off). I also was induced both times.

12. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Ah, ok. I don't think I'd worry about 5 days either. Do you think they will change your EDD?

13. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@T.H.O.U.: So glad the scan went well! Fwiw, my little boy had a HR of 155-164 (during the CVS). It's so hard to know!

14. T.H.O.U.

@pwnstar: Ooh thats interesting!

@pregnantbee: I think my OB will only change if its more than a week off. So more than likely he will not change it. I'm so torn about when I want to deliver. I know by 8/16 I will be so over pregnancy, but my other two have birthdays that week so ideally (birthday wise not pregnancy wise) I would deliver around 8/20.

15. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Oh, I didn't realize your LOs were born all in Aug, too! Crazy how the timing has to work for that -- 3 times. Maybe your body will help you out this time with a due date?

16. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@coopsmama: not feeing great, but no fever. My the midwife/ob practice didn't have the tool to check my ear, but I ran up to the hospital and made my husband do it. He said no infection, so that's good. New theory is that I just got a new bug of some kind before getting over the old one (since fevers Usually occur at the start of something).
    I'm sorry you are still feeling sick. It's awful. I'm sure part of it has to do with how tired you must be with taking care of two kids all the time!

Appt went well. Lost 1lb from last time, so they reminded me to prioritize my needs even with a toddler around. Baby's heart rate was steady in the 150s.

17. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I am the exact opposite. I was measuring 5 days behind at my first appt (of course that's 5 days based on LMP, and I know i ovulate a little late in my cycle) but the doc just went with the LMP due date.

18. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Silva: Glad your fever is gone! There's nothing worse than having a bug when you're pregnant. Hope you get back to 100% soon.

19. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

I had my second appointment today with the new doctor. I liked her and the hospital was very nice! I made my anatomy scan appointment for March 29 and it seems soooo far away (I'll be 20 weeks then). I'm so impatient to find out! I'm actually thinking about whether we could do an elective US somewhere earlier than that to try to see...or maybe I'm just crazy

20. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Silva: Glad your fever is gone! I hope you start feeling better soon.

@T.H.O.U.: I also measured ahead (by three days) but they didn't change anything. She seemed to think that's pretty normal. It's funny because at my last appointment I was a week behind, so they changed my due date. And then this time I'm ahead. I guess it's all really just estimates anyway!

@coopsmama: sorry you're still feeling yucky

21. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: Im having the same debate! Its so hard seeing everyone find out at like 10-12 weeks and then having to wait until 19-20! Most elective places want you to be at least 15 weeks so either way i have a bit of time.

22. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@MrsSCB: so glad it went well!! Hi sweet baby!! The waves on ultrasounds are probably my favorite. Yawns are a close second!

@T.H.O.U.: Yay! Glad yours went well too

Just following and checking in on you guys I hope everyone starts to feel better in the second tri!

23. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Glad you got in with the new dr and that you like her! What a relief! I'm sorry you have to wait until the A/S to find out. Not sure if it's worth going earlier -- can they really tell for sure sooner?

24. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: @T.H.O.U.: For my first pregnancy, I had an elective u/s at 16 weeks just to find out the sex. I couldn't wait!

25. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @pregnantbee: @pwnstar: I've seen they can tell between 16 and 20 weeks. So might be worth trying at 16 weeks? Then we'd know a month earlier, which could be fun. At least the places I found in a quick Google search were not super expensive. All less than $100, and most closer to $50.

@HLK208: Thank you!! I've been thinking of you, I hope your recovery hasn't been too rough physically and that you've been able to rest and process a bit

26. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Then maybe worth it? If I hadn't done the super early genetic test, I don't know how I'd wait all the way to 20w!

27. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: Most u/s places can tell with reliable accuracy at 16 weeks. If the baby's position is good, you'll likely be able to tell just by looking! It was definitely worth it to me. And the extra pictures are always great!

28. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pwnstar: Yeah, the places I looked at do the 3D and 4D as well, which I don't think my OB offers. So that seems pretty cool!

@pregnantbee: I know, so hard to wait! I'm dying to know. My friend just found out the sex of her baby today -- she's 20 weeks. I think that made me even more eager to find out

29. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Hehe. Then go for it after 16w

30. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@HLK208: haha with my first, during the 3rd tri, she was always practice chewing during the ultrasounds - that was my favorite. An eater like her mama! I've been thinking of you - i hope you are recovering and your kids are giving you lots of extra love

@MrsSCB: i have 2 anatomy scans - one at 16 and one at 20. With my first, they were almost certain at 16, confirmed at 20

31. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsSCB: @T.H.O.U.: late to the party but so happy to hear your good news, ladies!
    @MrsSCB, I know someone who just did an elective Harmony test that cost $200, but she found out she was having a girl at 12 weeks more expensive than the elective u/s but much faster and more accurate.

@Silva: ugh, the double-bug--that has happened to me a couple of times. I hope you're feeling better very soon.

@HLK208: I've been thinking of you, too. Hope your recovery is going well, lady

32. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@Zbug: about feeling physically relieved and nervous by the relief: yes to all it of. I started feeling noticeably less queasy about a week ago, and I feel like I'm in this eerie quiet zone where I'm not feeling that bad but there's no baby bump or kicking to remind me I'm pregnant. I *am* super bloated in the exact shape of a bump, but I can suck it in so it isn't real--which is not reassuring, just annoying

33. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@LCTBQE:

I am telling work today! I have to, it is SO obvious. I'm so nervous because I started this job a week before we conceived

34. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@JoJoGirl: good luck, but it'll go great (doesn't it legally have to? ) anyway at least if you're clearly showing they already have an idea.

35. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@LCTBQE: I'm sure they know.. still nervous, though

36. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@JoJoGirl: I hope it goes well! Those conversations always make me uncomfortable, even when I know they have to be okay with it.

@LCTBQE: I remember that stage being really hard during my first pregnancy. I started going to prenatal yoga at 12 weeks last time and really liked it. It was a space for "definitely pregnant" people, even if I didn't look or feel all that pregnant.

37. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@JoJoGirl: I hear that... well, chin up/belly out
    @Silva: I would love to start going, but I feel like it's still not real and I don't deserve to be there? maybe I'll get brave and do it anyway.

38. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@LCTBQE: do t! People went even earlier than I did! It can be a nice way to connect with the tiny baby, too. I'm thinking I should make a better effort to go now, because with a toddler around I feel like I'm kind of neglecting this little one already!

39. T.H.O.U.

@HLK208: Thanks for checking in. How are you and the kids doing?

@Silva: Glad you're feeling better!

@JoJoGirl: Good luck telling work. I think I'm nearing that point because I'm running out of clothes to hide in.

40. T.H.O.U.

Duplicate post

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee