Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: well, i think sometimes it can be a mixed bag. With my first, I remember in the first trimester yearning for more appointments, but when she started measuring small and I had the constant monitoring, it was more nerve wrecking than calming. Not to mention you hit a certain point and baby is too smushed up in there to look very cute but I think until you start feeling kicks routinely, almost everyone would find the extra appointments reassuring! it's funny how aligned our appointments are - my first appt was 2/1, i have the NT scan on the 16th and my next OB appt on the 4th. so I was thinking how nice the timing was because I get to see baby every few weeks!

2. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

July 30: dcw6411 (#3 ) - 15 w, 3 d
    July 30: pregnantbee (#2 ) - 15 w, 3 d
    August 2: coffeemom (#2) - 15 w, 0 d
    August 5: mrsgiraffe (#1) - 14 w, 4 d
    August 8: mrschickpea (#1 ) - 14 w, 1 d
    August 11: silva (#2 ) - 13 w, 5 d
    August 11: coopsmama (#3) - 13 w, 5 d
    August 11: mrsgiraffe (#1) - 13 w, 5 d
    August 13: glitter (#2) - 13 w, 3 d
    August 13: littlepinkhouses (#2) - 13 w, 3 d
    August 15: gracey19015 (#1) - 13 w, 1 d
    August 16: oldpueblojenn (#2 ) - 13 w, 0 d
    August 16: mrsscb (#1) - 13 w, 0 d
    August 16: T.H.O.U. (#3) - 13 w, 0 d
    August 18: pwnstar (#2 ) - 12 w, 5 d
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 ) - 12 w, 4 d
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 12 w, 5 d
    August 20: agold (#1) - 12 w, 3 d
    August 21: zbug (#2) - 12 w, 2 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 ) - 12 w, 1 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1) - 11 w, 5 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1) - 11 w, 2 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2) - 11 w, 1 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2) - 11 w, 0 d

3. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@LCTBQE: hang in there, it's so soon!

@agold: what my doctor told me is that they may charge more initially, but if you contest it or ask them to check with your insurance, the bill either disappears or goes down super low. she said she's never had a patient pay more than like $200. hopefully you will have the same experience!

4. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@agold: I have had a similar experience...my current EOB for the carrier screen shows a value of approximately $12k. You read that right, twelve thousand dollars. I called my doctors office and told them, they told me that if I actually get a bill for that value from Natera to call their billing department and tell them my office guarantees that the cost will not exceed $100 per test. If I do not have success with that route(which they're sure I won't) the office told me to call them back and they would give me their sales reps direct contact info to help work it out. Haven't seen an actual bill for it yet so TBd but will keep you posted if I have to head down that road.

5. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: Wow! Our appointments do line up pretty close!I love that! And yes... the weekly appointments actually made me so nervous all the time. It took me a week to recover from them, even though baby was fine every time. It was just last week that I was happy during the appointment so now I'd like a few more to set the tone for the rest of the pregnancy.

@Pirouette: Thanks for that info. If I had been told that, I would have skipped the test altogether to save myself the trouble since cost was the major snagging point for me. Well I will certainly be a squeaky wheel. Thank God I actually used my amex to pay this because I can use them to dispute the bill as a last result.

So next question - if your doctor's office told you definitively the cost would be X, and then it was X time 10, would you be inclined to be pissed and want to switch doctors? I'm pissed and do want to switch doctors. I hold grudges and if this can't get resolved quick I think I might need to switch. But there isn't another doctor I have ever thought I would like more and can you imagine the hassle in that? I'm a pretty low key person and don't like to create more effort where its not totally necessary.

6. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsKerch: Thank you for sharing. That's all very interesting. I called the testing company's billing department and it sounded like they were located in the middle of a busy downtown police station and the lady I spoke with was very quick to tell me "sorry, not our problem." I'm still waiting to hear back from my OB's office.

7. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@agold: Oh sheesh! That's crazy. Most doctors offices don't do their own billing so I'm surprised they billed you at the time of service. Was the charge made by your dr office and not Insurance or testing company? If by your docs office and they're who told you what it would cost or at least a close approximation, I would go back to them. For all of my services, i make the doctors office bill insurance first then bill me for whatever balance there may be. That may be a function of my insurance though....my OB office is awful at billing. I've been going there for 3 months now. I can see 10 items on my insurance company claim section of the website, and I have only gotten a bill for one. Sorry you're dealing with all of this but I would definitely NOT jump to conclusions and drop your doc unless you have other reservations about them. Billing stuff is often an honest mistake that can be fixed easily if you keep good records.

8. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsKerch: Thanks for your opinion. It was my doctor who told me the cost of the test. But it was the testing company who did the actual billing. I wish my doctor would have said "it's GENERALLY X dollars." Rather than, "oh you are worried about cost? It only costs X dollars." Her wording didn't make me feel like I should follow up with anyone else about the cost. But, my stupid expensive mistake.

9. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: what you describe is exactly how i felt about the monitoring. I had to go to the ultrasound center on Wednesdays and my doc on fridays and i felt like Saturday was the only day of the week i wasn't anxious or recovering from being anxious! To answer your question, i personally would not switch doctors, but i would absolutely make my frustration known to the doctor and the office.

10. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: Thanks for your opinion. But I always get nervous about making my frustration known if I still have to rely on the person causing the frustration. Like a cook spitting in a meal that you send back after complaining its over-cooked. What's the equivalent of what an OB could do? I like to be pleasant so that I get pleasant back. But ugh. this mistake is so costly!

11. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: haha i dont want to think about what an ob could do - my ob performed major abdominal surgery on me!!! Seriously though, you dont have to be rude about it, but i think it's important that she knows, because shes going to continue misleading patients if she doesnt. I'd wait until you have a final bill, and then tell her what you went through and what you ended up being billed, so that she can give better advice in the future - i know it wont help you, but it might help the next person!

12. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: Ha! I'm glad you found humor in my question. So I have already received the final bill. Receipt and charge to my credit card already. So yep. Just trying to follow up with my doctor's office now. I let you girls know how it ends up.

13. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Pirouette: That would make me ragey too - and rightfully so! How f*cking rude! I just don't get it. It would never even cross my mind to tell my boss about someone else's anything, let alone pregnancy. *augh* More people really should learn to stay in their own lane! Hopefully this little guy is on board with my plan to keep things under wraps for the next week or so . . . !

Is anyone working out? I have recently hopped back on the workout wagon and am surprised at (1) how much better I feel afterward; and (2) how much more tired I am in the evenings! I am definitely not pushing myself or even doing what used to be a full workout, but, I feel better doing *something* . . . and after such a long break, I hope to be able to workout the rest of this pregnancy.

14. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@pwnstar: I'm really trying to get back on the exercise wagon! I've started with walking as much as I can but I would really like to start prenatal yoga or get back to the gym to use the elliptical again. I just feel so weird and blah since my center of gravity has started to change and I'm already walking a bit differently to compensate

15. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@pwnstar: Yes, I'm still doing crossfit 4x/week It helps so much with fatigue and nausea. Got my best deadlift ever yesterday, 195 lbs! Screw that 30lb+ rec, haha.

16. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@JoJoGirl: @pwnstar: @mrschickpea: I, too am working out still. Have been feeling a little cruddy lately with energy levels in the dumps, so have not been back to the gym since Saturday but am feeling the need to get back in there tomorrow! I do an hour long interval style class (similar to Orange Theory) and love it. I know I will feel better when I get back into a routine of going 3-5x a week. Just need to get over this little hump of maybe feeling like I'm getting a bug?

Has anyone else noticed any major energy changes lately? I thought I was doing better but all week long I've been falling asleep on the couch at 7:45-8:00 pm! My face has broken out this week too. So strange!

17. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pwnstar: I am, was just at the gym last night! It does make me feel really good. I'm doing mostly strength training and light HIIT, because I get winded a lot faster with cardio these days. Also the occasional spin class when I'm not feeling too cheap

@JoJoGirl: that's awesome, great job!! When I met with my new doc this week, I asked her about lifting and she said, "no limit, what you were doing before is fine. I tell my patients 'pregnancy isn't a disease' and with some exceptions you can continue on as normal." I was like, hmm, I like you

18. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: yes, please keep us posted! especially since i'll probably be fighting this charge right behind you in a few weeks!

@pwnstar: stay in your own lane...YES!!! It's my least favorite thing about being pregnant - the fact that people treat you differently, and in many cases, treat you like your personal life is fair game and they can ask you anything they want or comment on your appearance or whatever.

I'm still running a few days a week, slower than I usually do. I always feel better when i do, though I'm allowing myself to be lazy more often these days.

@JoJoGirl: you go girl!

@MrsKerch: I've been pretty tired lately too. it comes and goes in waves for me.

19. T.H.O.U.

@MrsKerch: Yes! Break outs again and pretty tired. But I'm nt sleeping well so that doesn't help.

The MFM just called, my first tri screenings are negative!

20. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@T.H.O.U.: wonderful news!!

21. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@MrsKerch: yes! Just right now I was falling asleep on the couch (10 am!) after sleeping last night and most of the day yesterday! Granted, I work overnights and last night was my day off, but I have been getting so little sleep during my work week It's been rough and we can't seem to figure out why all of a sudden my body isn't comprehending my graveyard shift anymore! I've been on it for almost 8 years and never had any issues until pregnancy I average about 5 hours a day.

Oh, and my migraines are back with a vengeance. I had a lovely aura yesterday beforehand and called the OB thinking I was having blood pressure issues since I was seeing spots so bad I couldn't drive. After it passed, I knew it was one of my old migraines coming on. Hoping this second trimester brings back a little bit of normalcy!

22. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@T.H.O.U.: great news!! 👏

23. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Yay, so happy to hear that!!

24. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

Eeek, I can't believe we'll be telling my family this weekend! I'm so nervous for some reason, lol.

25. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Hooray!! Were the results from NT or genetic test like Harmony?

26. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: I was so nervous, too. It makes it so much more real. Savor it -- it's so much fun! If you can capture their reactions at all, try to do that. I wish we had recorded our Skype conversations

27. T.H.O.U.

@pregnantbee: NT scan + blood work. I was a bit nervous because at the scan they thought the measurements may have been in the high range.

@MrsSCB: Good luck! I'm sure they will be ecstatic.

28. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Phew, then that's a huge relief! So happy for you. After our NT is when we finally told our son and family. That was amazing.

29. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: Glad I'm not the only nervous one! I know they'll be excited, but I also think it's going to be a total shock, haha. They have no idea when we were planning to have kids and my mom was much older when she had me and my sister. I may try to secretly record... I'm just hoping my plan works out! My friend who has a printing business is making me a shirt that says "Grandpa Est. 2016" to give to my dad. It was just his birthday so I'm going to say we brought him a birthday present and then have him open in front of my mom and sister! But I didn't get my act together early enough (story of my life), so my friend is just putting it in the mail today, lol. So I may need a backup plan...

@T.H.O.U.: thanks! and I just realized, you got your blood work back so fast! I'm jealous, they said it'll be at least a week.

30. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: Yes, they said 3-5 days but it ended up being like 48 hours!

31. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: When we first told our family it was on christmas morning and told them we had a "joint" present for them. They each had to open a part of the present at the same time. We had wrapped up baby items for each of them. It wasn't until they all unwrapped and realized what everyone had that they "got it".

32. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: It's so so exciting! I keep forgetting who here is on their first vs. 2nd/3rd kid. The first is so special. I love the shirt idea. None of our family lives close, so we've had to FaceTime or Skype both times. This time, my big plan was to have big brother wear a big bro t-shirt and announce the news. He didn't want to wear the shirt....but he was so excited to tell them he's going to be a big brother. And then he showed the u/s photo It's such a special time. Can't wait to hear about their reaction.

33. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Exercise??? HAHAHAHAHAHA. When? Where? I already had a really hard time to find time to exercise while working FT and after having my son. I also realized that I get sick 2 weeks after re-starting a gym routine, so I quit the gym. I had been trying to do Couch to 5k before getting pregnant. And then.....stopped...and haven't continued since. I walk at work and sometimes walk the dog, but that's about it. I'm scared to re-join the same gym, and the others in my area all have mixed reviews. And really....when would I go?

34. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: That's great, I'm going to hope it won't quite be a week then. And I've been wondering if it might take my family a bit to process since I'm pretty sure they have no idea. Even my husband didn't quite get it when I told him and he had the actual test in his hand, hahaha.

@pregnantbee: that sounds so sweet, I love that your son got to show off the photo and was so excited. It's lucky that we get to tell my family in person because we live really far away and normally don't see them at this time of year. We'll be telling my ILs over skype.

35. T.H.O.U.

@pregnantbee: Yea thats my issue with the gym and even running. Occasionally I like to take the kids out on a Saturday morning but its been so cold!

Ive been trying to lay on the floor with them more and do little things like leg stretches and stuff.

36. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Well, we live in California....I kind of forgot how dark and chilly (obv. not New England or Midwest chilly, but CA chilly ;)) it is in the morning and evening and that going out then isn't ideal. The other problem I'm running into (get it?) is that I can't fit into my gym clothes and I'm not sure I want to buy maternity stuff if I can't commit to exercise.

37. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

NT and panorama were both perfect and it's a BOY
    I can't believe it, I am so over the moon. I hope it looks just like my husband!

38. T.H.O.U.

@LCTBQE: Congratulations! And for a healthy baby!

39. T.H.O.U.

@pregnantbee: The one thing I was really glad I invest in was a nursing friendly sports bra. Its called Moving Comfort. So at least it fit the ladies well and for PP was nice I could come home and nurse baby.

40. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@LCTBQE: Awww, congrats!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee