Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

I took the plunge and busted out the maternity jeans today, and MAN, I forgot how comfortable they are. And my bump looks more defined. Win-win!

2. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Lilac: welcome!

All of these bumps are so cute! I need to take a photo tomorrow. Nothing too exciting happening here, still sick but it's getting better. My energy level is finally going up a bit too. We have a nice warm snap here in Michigan so we're enjoying the sunshine!

3. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

At 16 weeks, my symptoms are still pretty annoying. Plus, I have a sinus thing happening, and a canker sore (because I bit my tongue while eating an apple), haha.

Here's my bump in an unflattering shirt.

4. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@littlejoy: ugh, I had the worst canker sore earlier, when I also had terrible nausea and food aversion, what a miserable week. Hope it passes soon!

I feel generally better but my digestion is still terrible - im either overfull or hungry all the time, plus heartburn. Seems early for this stuff!

I need to take a pic soon! I pulled my photos from LO 1 and I think I look now about how I did at 15 weeks or so last time (now 13+3). Def heavier in general this time around

5. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Lilac: welcome! Takes our boy count to 3 I think!

6. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: I've been taking digestive enzymes with some success. Maybe worth a try?

7. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@littlejoy: might be, thanks. Is there a brand you like? Seems to be so many options on amazon!

8. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-Digestive-Comprehensive-Vegetarian/dp/B0016X8Y0S (this price is high though - I think I paid $35) ... I don't have a gallbladder anymore, so the enzymes were a must.

9. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Just got the call, and baby is genetically fine!

And we are having a boy. So many emotions.

I am happy my daughter will be unique and my special girl, and I'm happy to have one of each, but I have a fear that the family will forget her and celebrate only the boy. That DD won't get asked to help grandpa in the garage, go golfing, get to play Legos, etc, because now there will be a boy to take her place. And grandma will fawn over the boy and forget DD because "she knows boys better" because she had 2 boys (my MIL). And the DH will do the same, maybe love her less because all men want a son (stupid, I know). And we aren't sports fans, and I don't want to get lots of stupid sports clothes.

Ugh. I'm just sitting here bawling. But I know I will love him, and it will work out. I'm also mourning the loss of having DD get a little sister and dressing them in matching outfits, and reusing all the clothes I saved. I'm going to wait a few weeks (until anatomy scan visual confirmation) before I start the clothing purge. I really need the space, but I need time to process.

Sorry for the rant. I really am happy he's healthy, and I am excited to come up with names, and I already love him very much.

10. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I'm glad the results came back normal but I understand your worries and sadness. I would have been in the same boat. It's totally valid to have those feelings and it's not that you will love this baby any less but you're mourning the loss of what you had imagined and hoped for. Take the time you need to process.

11. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@littlejoy: thanks for this! Didn't realize you had your gall bladdet removed, that must make all things digestive extra challenging.

@Mrs. Microscope: congrats on the healthy result! I have many of the same concerns you have, and it has gotten easier to process now that we've known for 2 weeks. One thing someone said to me that was helpful was that by having one of each, daughter gets to maintain her special status as the only girl, which she may really enjoy as she gets older. Give yourself some time, all feelings are valid! I too have been waiting on the clothing purge, maybe until the anatomy scan? Although my midwives assured me the result is conclusive.

12. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Glad to hear your genetic results came back good! I understand your feelings about gender. Given your concern about relatives favoring boys, I imagine it might help that DD was born first rather than second - in my extended family at least, I think a lot of family members seem to form stronger bonds with the first-borns.

13. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

I'm still having crazy dreams & last night I had a dream something was wrong with the baby. Ugh, so horrible!! I know it doesn't mean anything & there is no reason for me to worry but man not a fun thing!

@Mrs. Microscope: glad you will have some time to adjust--those feelings are totally normal. So happy to hear baby is healthy.

14. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Thanks ladies, after talking with DH I feel a lot better. Still sad, but we are excited for something new, and now people won't ask if we are having a third, because we will have one of each!

@MommySLP: I dreamed last night that baby boy was identical to my friends son. Like, IDENTICAL, but nobody seemed to notice but me? It was a weird dream!

15. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3), SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2), MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2), Lmpeavley (#1)

Appts:
    Feb 23 - LittleJoy
    Feb 24 - Mrs. Pickle, PeachyKeen
    Mar 2 - Pmerr
    Mar 3 - PeachyKeen
    Mar 4 - MommySLP
    Mar 6 - Mrs. Brewer
    Mar 10 - LittleJoy (anatomy scan)
    Apr 11 - Revel (anatomy scan)

16. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@peachykeen: love the update! We evened up the boy/girl numbers for those that have reported. If you think of it whenever you are updating again, my anatomy scan is April 11.

17. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I'm so glad LO was healthy! As I've mentioned to others on this thread, I really struggled with the twins being boys. It honestly lasted kind of my whole pregnancy. I knew I would love them, I wanted them to be healthy, etc., but I just worried about how I would relate to them, what it would be like, etc. At delivery, it was amazing because I suddenly couldn't care less that they weren't girls. They were my boys and I've never looked back and wouldn't trade them for a million boys. Just know that it may take you a day or two or it may take you the whole pregnancy to adjust and mourn the loss of the idea of that girl, but when he's here, it will feel perfect! I felt sooo terrible about wishing they were girls and no one really talked about gender disappointment then, so I feel obligated now to make sure everyone knows it's totally okay to feel like this for a while and it doesn't mean you won't be an amazing mommy to this little guy and it won't change they way you love him!

@Lilac: Welcome to the group! Little boys are so fun!

18. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

15 weeks & there is no more hiding the bump over here!

19. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

If anyone needs any pregnancy or baby supplies, Amazon is offering $8.63 off $50+ (only items sold by Amazon qualify) today only with code BIGTHANKS. I just ordered a new pumping bra, a baby bath pad, new bottle nipples, and a few burp cloths.

20. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: Thank you so much!! I'm on there now.

ETA: it wouldn't take my discount, but I had $12 rewards cash in my account, so I count that as a win. I bought bottle nipples, breast pads, Zutano baby shoes, and a 3 pack of fugly nursing bras that I'll probably wear forever.

21. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Feeling a little stressed about balancing the needs of two different age kids after our zoo visit this morning. We had a lovely time, and I just let LO walk at her own pace and see what she wanted. We got to... 5 animals? Out of the whole zoo. Which is fine, but I feel like the baby will never have that luxury, because when he's at this age his big sister will want to actually be moving and getting to different animals. I don't want to drive her bonkers going super slow, or rush him constantly. I know we'll figure it out, but one kid is so much simpler!

22. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Torchwood: I've thought of this too (LO will be 3.5 when the baby is born). I find comfort in remembering that by the time baby is big enough to want to explore at their own pace, LO1 will be 4.5+, and will hopefully understand a bit about thinking of others. It's also a reminder that'll be important for DH and I take take each kid on their own sometimes ... ensure each kid knows they're special and that we can take time for them.

23. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: we are also planning to take one on one time with each kid, and have both parents with just one when the other one has an activity. It will be work,but worth it.

Planning to shoot our announcement today, including the gender! I'm excited, feeling like we need to celebrate our little dude. We will send it to family (they know about the pregnancy, but not the gender), then friends. We will post to Facebook in another month or so. And of course I will share it here!

24. Mrs. Blue

@Torchwood: I think kids generally adjust and you may be surprised by how much this kiddo does at the same age as your daughter. Graham is way more advanced and into "older" stuff because he watches Finn & Elliot and thinks he's basically their age. One thing I do is like @littlejoy: @Mrs. Microscope: suggested. Every now and then (how often depends on my work schedule), I take one kid at a time for a special afternoon with me. They get to pick where we eat lunch and one fun place to go (zoo, discovery center, etc.). It is so much fun to have that one on one time with them and totally worth the babysitting money or time off work, in my experience. It gives you a chance to let that kid go at his own pace, pick the things that he actually wants to do, etc.

25. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Torchwood: I'm really worried about this too. I just can't wrap my head around the logistics of managing two kids.

26. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Torchwood: I stress about this all the time! I feel so crazy busy right now with just 1 LO. I just get so nervous and worried thinking about making sure I have enough time/patience for 2 LO's. I know it's silly and that it will all work out, but it's always on the back of my mind too.

27. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

I've been quiet over here but we had an appointment today and heartbeat was at 155. anatomy scan is set for March 23rd and I'm still really on the fence about whether to find out or not. If we find out I'm not sure we will share names...but then I flip flop on that too.

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Here’s the announcement! Everyone who's responded loves it!

29. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: such a cute announcement of your new little traveler!!

@cole @mrs. blue @revel thanks!!

30. Mrs. Blue

@sunset840: Glad the appt went well! We always tell people we haven't decided on a name. I like that it means there is still a surprise left and no one makes comments if they don't like the name after the baby is here and born.

31. Mrs. Blue

@Mrs. Microscope: Love that!

32. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@sunset840: @Mrs. Blue: I think I waited until about a month before birth to share DD's name with immediate family and didn't share with the public until she was born. I just hate people giving their opinions on the name and *most* seem less likely to pass judgment once baby is here.

I'd forgotten about the early name suggestions people give though - already getting those now that we've shared the sex!

33. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Is anyone feeling definite "real" movement yet? I think I felt a few "real" flutters today. 14w3d.

34. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I've been feeling some movement on and off for a few weeks but started feeling tiny little kicks periodically last week (15 weeks at the time). My OB asked if I'd felt anything at my 16 week appointment, so I figure it's genuine!

35. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I just started feeling some tiny kicks this week at 15 weeks. I've felt it about once per day the last 3 days but it's when I'm sitting really still & it doesn't last long.

36. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

I think I'm starting to feel movent too. I'm 16 weeks and it's not frequent or big but really exciting!

We won't share her name until birth, I feel like we took half of the fun out of it by telling about the pregnancy and sex at the same time so I want some mystery left!

I have my heart set on a name and my husband is avoiding commenting on it which I'm assuming means he isn't a fan. I not pushing for an answer though so I can hold onto hope!

37. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

We never share the name until after the birth. We don't actually 100% commit to a name until then either, just in case. Overall it works for us, but I do kind of wish we could stop the name suggestions by saying we've already decided. And my mom always seems offended that we won't tell her secretly. 🙄

I keep feeling these tiny little tickles. If y'all weren't all saying you feel something, I'd dismiss it, but maybe? I have ZERO recollection as to what early movement feels like. I so looking forward to the big stuff though!

38. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Torchwood: my mom is angling for a name already, she argued that they refer to my daughter as the baby so they need something to differentiate them... Um, why not use my daughter's name and call the new one baby?

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Cole: Ha! I've mentioned to DH that we'll have to stop calling LO the baby, but I haven't heard it as an excuse to want to know the name!

40. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I've had a day or 2 where I felt what I was sure was movement, but it's still erratic. I'm only 14+2 though. Pretty sure around now would be realistic to be feeling movement occasionally for second+ pregnancy. I'm looking forward to it being regular!

I think I'm off diclegis! Had been down to 1x at night for almost a week and didn't take it last night. My sleep was restless, I'm guessing bc of no unisom - did that last long for anyone? Hoping it might just be a few days.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee